/WOG - Winter Olympics General

It's been going on for some time now. How's your country doing so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

forskning.no/content/ski-vm-astma-blant-skilopere
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck off

> 2 bronze medals
Better than many snowcoons.

Is Russia even in OL this time?

i don't care about it but we are the best in asia anyway

>having under 20 medals

Still meming after all these years

Someone's salty that they can't wave their flag this time

One silver, we are doing much worse than in Sochi, where we won 8 medals, including 2 golds.
Our hockey team is amazing though, so overall impresion is good.

(not)russia is still competing tho, so they can't complain too much.

Doing alright so far but we need more of that asthma medicine you Norskbros have

Norway is amazing

Why? It only makes a difference to those with breathing problems. There's a reason WADA (international anti doping) allow giving astma medicine even to healthy athletes that do not have astma at all. It's legal because it is proven to have no performance-enhancing effects. Some journalists like yelling "astma astma" and readers who don't know anything get their panties twisted by it.

You're using it too, lel.

Many of the drugs, like Clenbuterol, have serious performance enhancing effects which is why they are also used by bodybuilders and the likes. Many others are highly anabolic aside from increasing lung capacity and therefore anaerobic performance. I've used many of these drugs mate, I know them.

Only in inhumanly big doses, which WADA will spot instantly. You can't cheat with astma medicines unless you want to be disqualified. WADA is calling this a non-issue for a reason.

Norway spend some 30% more hours training than Sweden, Kalla said so herself that she was shocked by the amount of hours they spent training once she started training with the norwegian team. Now she is the best female skiier after a couple of years with them. Is she cheating or did the increased training regime pay out?

Nobody cares about this white people shit

Didn't think aboriginals had internet.

>giving astma medicine even to healthy athletes that do not have astma at all
>proven to have no performance-enhancing effects.

Why would perfectly healthy athletes use that drug if it does "nothing"?

I have a crush on Javier Fernandez

>Why would perfectly healthy athletes use that drug if it does "nothing"?
They're not tho. There have been a few cases in which that have happened over the years, but
Many of our athletes have proper astma, some of them have a little astma, and others have some breathing problems if they have been training a lot or been in many hard competitions. And some do not use any medicine at all because they have no astma or breathing problems. It's the same for the Swedes and the finns for what I know, they use medicine for breathing problems too. I'm guessing you do too. The astma noise is a storm in a glass of water, frankly. I ask you why WADA allows astma medicine to healthy athletes. You tell me.

>tfw no silver medal to push up the table a bit further

forskning.no/content/ski-vm-astma-blant-skilopere

In all cases in which some healthy athletes have used it, it has been controversial whether they were healthy or not. They had breathing problems, but no astma diagnosis. It has never been used on anybody that do not have breathing problems, or at least there are no reports of that happening anyway. If someone do use it even without having any breathing problems however we don't know, but then again WADA allows it... It's not against the rules, and I'm guessing WADA knows their shit when it comes to performance enhancing medicines and drugs.

Norway has too much focus on winter olympics only, there are many great norwegian summer olympic athletes who are more or less on their own. But I guess that's the prize we pay for being so few in this country. If we had more people then we would dominate both summer and winter olympics