First Look at Champions

cbr.com/preview-waid-ramos-champions-unite-in-issue-1-first-look/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/ybe8y3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ok, maybe Ramos will be alright this time...

>It appears to be Marvel Comics’ plan to make Champions #1 by Mark Waid and Humberto Ramos the best-selling comic book in October.

>This is how they are going to do it. Retailers who match 200% of a retailer’s order of All-New All-Different Avengers #9, the one that featured the first new Wasp, will get 15% extra discount. 175% will get 10% extra and 150% will get 5% extra off.

>Those who match 200% can then order on top of that the Skottie Young cover, the Champions Variant cover, Hip Hop, Blank, both the Spider-Man and Hulk and the Johnny Blaze John Tyler Christopher action figure covers.

>They can also get the Champions party gear, 100 postcards, 20 lithographs, Champions pins….

>And one copy of the Party variant.

>While the Alex Ross cover is 1:100. The Captain America 75th anniversary cover is 1:50. And a 1:1000 variant – no details but could the odds be it’s by Joe Quesada? He does do these…

>Oh and the exclusive retailer cover availability, which adds 3000 to 4500 on for each comic shop that picks it up

>The only things that can get in the way? Teen Titans #1. The Clone Conspiracy #1. Civil War II #7. But they don’t have a lot of the things that Champions has – specifically that retailer exclusive cover.

>I wonder what Loot Crate will be up to in October?

reminder

Can't tell if this is legit Champions thread or "jesus ass eatin christ look at fucking cbr has become fuckkk"

atleast ramos's freaky hands and feet won't matter so much here

I see Thor has played hammer-y spooney before.

>Kamala's face is literally melting
Yeah, no.

I swear to god. Isn't there ANYBODY besides the Wrecking Crew that can show up and get beaten down?

>giving Kamala somewhat wavy hair and a bit of the nose
>Family and everything else looks alright
He is still shit at hands and the cover is ugly, but it is way better than how he looks in X-men. must be the colorist.

So what, are the champions gonna go around rebuilding shit that has been wrecked in superhero battles? How, when out of the three of them only Amadeus even HYPOTHETICALLY has any money?

Where?

Shut the fuck up about inkers and colorists you ignorant fucking cunt. Going on about shit you don't understand in every fucking thread.

It's the same inker/colorist team he's head for the past ten years

>No one is qualified to repair anything
>Behave like a child, stamp your feet and leave
So another to add on the AVOID list

>Can't tell if this is legit Champions thread or "jesus ass eatin christ look at fucking cbr has become fuckkk"

Yeah, I've quit CBR due to their page remake. Fucking awful. I'll get my news and previews here.

falcap is right, how does she expect them to fix this with no materials, funds, or work experience. Not to mention it would taking from the people whose jobs are to fix that type of shit.

According to Waid, Amadeus will be the "Stark Money"of the team and they'll be "globe trotting."

>she's touching him
Yeah, theys gon be shipped.

Just in case people needed another reason to avoid this.

So Sup Forums version no man sky.

Pencils are still standard off-model Ramos weirdness, but at least they put him with a pretty good inker and colorist this time. A good inker and colorist can do wonders for even mediocre art.

Does this mean anything? I know it's not Robbie but are they hinting?

>or "jesus ass eatin christ look at fucking cbr has become fuckkk"
Well, I was about to sperg out about that, but figred that'd just derail the thread.

But yeah, what the fuck happened to CBR.

For some reason I'm looking positive forward to this.

Apparently this is an issue she has raised multiple times only to receive empty promises or excuses as to why they can't/won't. Plus, I'd quit too if the only real Avenger around is Vision; I don't work with substitutes/pretenders.

Why would the Wrecking Crew be doing a terrorist attack? They're bank robbers, not mass murderers.

I want DC to reprint !mpact Comics; you know, in those days Waid wrote non-SJW capes.

I agree. This preview is pretty good. Hopefully it leads to them dealing with problems other than fighting super villains. Something where they are trying to enact change in parts of the world that need it.

>the world still needs heroes
>Thunderstrike nowhere in sight
Why is this allowed?

>But yeah, what the fuck happened to CBR.
They got sold a while back and the new owners decided to make some changes

Apparently an editor for the making of lists got let go too

He was on the original Champions.

They already said at one of the panels at SDCC that Robbie would be appearing in the book at some point.

This variant isn't a hint to that, it's just because Ghost Rider was part of the original Champions, and they're doing one of these toy overs for each of the original champions.

Right? When was last time U-Foes showed up?

Holy shit. Look at Sam's jaw

And again, none of them can do anything nor do they have the funds. If she cares so much why doesn't she take an engineering course and fix shit herself.

>Ramos is actually doing the art
Oh shit, I thought he was covers only, for some reason, thank you based Marvel for giving me no reason to care about one of your books.

awwwww fuggg, Gwenpool

that sucks

I think Waid's a good writer, but I'm worried that this book might be intensely stupid, having a bunch of superheroes trying to deal with societal ills in their brightly colored costumes with their flashy superpowers.

You can't punch racism in the face. You can't pick up a car and smash it over the head of poverty. You can't crash through a skylight and stomp on the face of corporate corruption.

I'm not saying you should avoid these subjects 100%, but there's a fine line between tackling the subject matter in a fashion that's appropriate to the superhero milieu and being full of fucking bullshit

You're trying to say that The Avengers have no possible way that they could invest in fixing the community after fights, except for Iron-man. That is totally ridiculous. They most definitely have the means to do something more than leave it to unions.
Also, the original post I replied to has it as a negative that Kamala is leaving. So we apparently agree that she should do something herself, which she is.

It's not like this concept has never been addressed.

>hand holding

DELETE THIS

MODS

is because Damage Control exist

Invest with what money.
There are people whose jobs are to fix these messes.

Damn, I was just about to bring this up. I think the last time they appeared was WWH.

>tfw I tried looking for a classic GR motorcycle jacket, and all I could find are generic Nick Cage wannabe leather jackets with spikes

I just want those white stripes and that big square, is that so much to ask for?

You are very dumb my friend. Consider suicide.

I didn't say anything about cash money holmes.
They could just take a more active role with Damage Control (thanks and ). While it may be other's job to fix these messes, it would do well for the people who had a hand in them to help out with it. That the responsible thing to do. Not all of them need to help every time, but have the members on clean-up rotation.

this coloring is MGS4 pissfilter tier, i excpected something more colorful from a teen group book

>Viv Vision
Doesn't Vision have the legal name Victor Shade?

>Sam next to Viv on yet another cover

they are going to fuck in Vision, I just know it

its clearly colored differently for the flashback, you can see the transition in the first fucking page.

They were pitched to Marvel as an ongoing at one point by a writer I share an office with but it never materialized.

This is so hamfisted
>like OMG, did you fellow young people know that Superheroes cause collateral damage. Bazinga Heroes need to be more careful.
Waid, you fucking Grandpa. This is not original. You are not original.

Literally hundreds of people have made this observation. It literally has been acknowledged and explored through many many writers (it was a plotpoint in the Power Puff Girls movie).

It's like when someone tries to say "Hey, did you know Pokemon is like cock fighting?". Everyone has already made the comparison/joke.

This is like the most troped thing hipsters writing capes do when they want to seem smart.

>denying blue-collar workers the opportunity to work in $CURRENT_YEAR

The unions probably love all the superhumans tearing it up. Guaranteed work.

>People had/have hope for this garbage

Moreso all the opportunity for overtime pay.

Concept is good, problem is just Waid.

But Gwenpool is great

Nice butthurt, Waid.

They arent responsible for it at all. Unless theyre literally the ones that decided to rip the train off the track then it was the criminal's fault. They're already VOLUNTEERING to risk their lives fighting bad guys plus theyll proabably still throw money at them so the proper people can have it fixed. No one can ask them for anything more.

Why is Viv wearing street clothes? I want her in a cute femvision suit

Because she's a young rebellious robot. FUCK YOU, ROBO-DAD!

Why does Sup Forums hate Waid? I've been reading his Flash work recently and the guy's writing is spectacular.

>reposting this from the other thread to get more results

While we're all getting hyped up for Champions (kind of lukewarm to Kamala's attitude so far to be honest, I don't know what she expects to happen to magically fix the truck or the train tracks)

We're also nearing the end of the first year of Marvel's first total across-the-line relaunch of every single title they've had in their 50+ years.

What parts of All New All Different Marvel have you been enjoying so far Sup Forums? Most of the new Champions got a good deal of exposure this past year

poal.me/ybe8y3

I WAS PROGRAMMED TO REBEL YOUR PROGRAMMING

This shit should be illegal.
I can't believe anyone is putting up with this nonsense.

>I've been reading his Flash work recently and the guy's writing was spectacular.
FTFY

Poor Aamir has severe rheumatoid arthritis.

Carnage, Moon Knight, Hercules, TA Hulk, Vision

Was enjoying Deadpool for awhile but got bored and droppe it.

>he doesn't like legacy heroes

fuck off to the 50s my man. Flashes and Green lanterns are tops

He generally hasn't been good in maybe 10 years and outside of Impulse he has NEVER written teens well.

>that feel when you liked the old school Champions

They took this thing I liked, removed everything about it, added a marketing scheme and turned it into a teen-hero comic book with social justice undertones.

I all I wanted was some Hercules x Angel shenanigans with Black Widow as a straight woman.

kamala hating the "beat up the bad guy and walk away from the collateral damage" style of superheroing has been a character trait for a while

its why she didnt get along with sam when they first met

Nigga, Falcon run a community driven super hero effort back in the day. He has tried this shit before and it didn't work. he is speaking from experience.

Waid is great when he tells a story and isn't trying to be preachy.
Add "write teenagers with a social agenda" to the mix and you get this pretty meh stories. He isn't bad at all when he is doing what he does best but this experiment failed.

>im the only one to vote for black widow
Terrible taste.

Who are you? Are you trying to sell me something?

Anyway in my eyes, the line seems to be 50% really mediocre, 40% absolutely horrendous and about 10% good.
I've enjoyed Vision and New Avengers and was pleasantly surprised by Carol's book being servicable this time around. Oh and Bunn's Uncanny is leagues and bounds above the other two X-books as it is actually ok.
That's about it.

I just wish I knew what she expects to happen. Unless she wants to invest in its repairs (which the Avengers don't have the money to afford atm), or take time out of her schedule heroing to help fix it herself (which is not going to be fast given she has no idea how to repair shit, plus it means there could be trouble elsewhere she's letting happen), it seems pointless to bitch about it and then throw such a fit you quit the Avengers over it.

You just saved hundreds of lives, take some goddamn pride in that.

Good thing Sam found a better girl now.

well with everything that presumably went down in civil war 2, this is probably the straw that broke the camels back.

That's the second time in two days I see it mentioned favorably. I'ma go and check it out now.

I'm shilling the poal where it seems appropriate so I can get a rough estimate of where all the titles stack up to each other. I want to do a tourney thread the week before Marvel NOW! starts up for ANAD's year in review and weighted brackets (making more popular titles pair against less popular titles in the first rounds) are preferred for accuracy.

>Who are you? Are you trying to sell me something?
meant to quote for

>tfw misquote yet again

>I think the last time they appeared was WWH.
They had a CWII tie-in just a couple months ago.

Pretty sure 50's GL and Flash were also legacy heroes, or at least they weren't the originals though.

Goes to show how GL and Flashed are all about legacies man.

>Why does Sup Forums hate Waid?
He's a tumblr pandering SJW that literally called Gamergaters nazis on twitter.

Kampala herself is a substitute, not in powers but still in name.

>50% really mediocre, 40% absolutely horrendous and about 10% good
That's been the case since Shooter was fired.

While that stuff is retarded, I'm beginning to dislike Waid because his writing has turned to shit, like a normal person.

Sam looks like a bird.
Ramos' Thor is pretty cool though, and his style fits Kamala's powers (still think so from Waid's SHIELD series)

>Eating the last piece of Karah
What a bitch!

>Why does Sup Forums hate Waid?
He said some shit on twitter and we're not allowed to like opinionated liberals.

It's Sup Forums shitting all over the place.

I am pretty goddamned hyped for this. I was excited when it was announced and seeing all this has just put it on my pre ordered pull list. Can't fucking wait man.

Bendis went with Miles/Gwen over Kamala, and Waid shifted from Sam/Kamala to Sam/Viv.

This leaves Kamala with one natural pairing...

it's very good, but i think because it has not been storytimed past the first or second issue here no one read it.

Have you not seen the ANAD Avengers Annual yet, user?

Proud to be shipping them since ANADA #3.

Here's hoping we get the "Vision blackmails Sam into taking Viv to Prom" episode

Its a meme user, they hate on whatever he does even if its not bad.

She is doing a weird expression? ''HER FACE IS MELTING!!!'' the posing is kind of weird? '' OH MY GOD SHE FUCKING BROKE HER BACK IN THAT PANEL!!!!!'', etc