Why do audiences disagree with critics on King Arthur?

Why do audiences disagree with critics on King Arthur?

At the end of the day, audiences just want to be entertained and critics want to analyze
King Arthur had a lot of flaws in things like pacing, but it was still a fun movie to watch.

critics hate funkino

Because generally the wide mainstream audience has the average level of intelligence. Not smart, but not entirely retarded. They have busy lives and shit to do, they go to the movies to relax and have fun, sometimes get the noggin joggin'.

Critics on the other hand are certifiably braindead - even dumber than mainstream movie goers. If critics had any bit of intelligence or skill they wouldn't be critics. They are the lowest of the low. Because they realize they have nothing insightful, interesting or compelling to say about the films they watch they have to both make shit up and nitpick to the extreme for job security.

because all that matters is that you as an audience enjoy the show.

Critics were not ready for a FUN but RAUNCHY summer blockbuster

Because audiences are pleb as fuck and like shit like Transformers or Star Wars.
This movie is a total and complete shit

more importantly what the fuck is ritchie doing with his life?

arthur? alladin? sherlock holmes? negro please where's real rocknrolla?

because it's a solid fun movie despite the QTE action

I honestly thought the movie was going to be some Ridley Scott Robin Hood snooze fest tier judging by that poster, but I was really surprised how cheesy/magic based it really was.

Not bad at all desu, Pretty entertaining.

Critics rated both the new Star Wars flicks and the female ghostbusters highly so your argument is all but moot

Not to mention audiences didn't like the new transformers and as a result it's doing horrible

>your argument is all but moot

all but what? did you mean to say mute?

They didn't.

Both are plebs the film was pretty bad tho

Someone post the webms.

>Not smart, but not entirely retarded.

The average contains retards to geniuses, genius.

YO can anyone tell me about the inconsistencies with critics??

like I saw this had 28% on RT, and figured since I like fantasy and historical films (yes, I know this isn't exactly a historical movie) I'd give it a shot, thought it was p good, not a masterpiece but certainly entertaining
then I noticed that Hercules with the Rock had 60% on RT and figured that it must be at least as good
but jesus what a turd, worst movie I've seen this year
it's even more highly rated than Troy and Kingdom of Heaven, like wtf critics?? how??

DISNEY BOUGHT THEM OFF

Lack of diversity.

Why wasn't king Arthur black or at least mestizo?

The percentage means the amount of people that liked a movie. So 1/4 critics liked King Arthur.

For The Rock, 2/5 of critics didn't like the movie. So you have a good chance of disagreeing with most people.

because people generally didn't give a fuck about it enough to see it (source: its box office), so the audience reviews were of people that were wooed by the bottom of the barrel of blockbusters.

the asian and black knights of the round table didn't bother me tbqh

This worth watch watching it it funkino?

It was a very fun. movie to watch, comfy I'd say.

>wtf critics?? how
Directed by one of their tribe, so can't be attacked as hard. Arthur, Troy and Kingdom of Heaven are all directed by goyim

I watched the bluray, it was a fun movie.
I would've gone to see it at the cinema, but the marketing was really trash. I thought it was going to be some serious Ridley Scott's Robin Hood kinda snorefest.

starts off rough but then it gets good

Cause it's derivative, safe and boring. Things audiences love.

Most of the negative reviews seem to boil down to "what is he doing to muh king arthur!".

>Merlin gets mentioned throughout the whole movie every 5 minutes
>never shows up and never does shit

Someone explain this to me.

Pretty much this. I was aware of the flaws. Didn't stop me from enjoying it.

Reminded me of Gods of Egypt.
A movie where I have absolutely no idea how it came to be, nobody wanted it, there's no market for it, it's an absolute tonal mess but in the end it's still pretty entertaining for its 2 hour run time.

Probably there's going to be a seperate Merlin movie.

Because most moviegoers don't know about Arthurian legend beyond the most notable names and wouldn't know that this bears little resemblance to the characters and stories from which it takes its name.