5 issues in and Aquaman is still going strong

5 issues in and Aquaman is still going strong

How are your Rebirth pulls treating you so far, Sup Forums?

I've checked out all the releases so far and the only things I dropped were pretty much all the batbooks except for Nightwing and All-Star.

Great

> Green Arrow
> Wonder Woman
> Deathstroke

Good
> Nightwing
> Batman
> Titans
> Superman
> New Super-Man
> Superwoman

Not bad
> Aquaman
> Green Lanterns
> Detective
> Action
> Red Hood
> Hellblazer
> Supergirl

meh
> Batgirl
> Flash
> GLC
> Suicide Squad

shit tier
> Justice League

>Action
>not bad

Pretty good!

The only things I'm not enjoying are Justice League and Harley Quinn.

I'm really enjoying Action Comics, Superman and Nightwing.

I was enjoying it until last two issues. i lost all my hype with the end of first arc

Only Batman and Deathstroke are great. There's a couple I'm following that are decent like GA or Nightwing or New Superman. Aquaman sucked, dropped it after Rebirth and #1

>Great
Green Arrow

>Good
Supergirl
New Super-Man
Batman
Deathstroke

Before it came out I already set low expectations for Jurgens to just be "ok" but somehow he's even failed to meet his usual standard. I thought he at least cared about Superman and would try to tell a good story but it's just bad and ignores a lot of pre-Flashpoint and new 52 Superman continuity to pretend like Doomsday should be a big deal to anyone.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied.

I think Wonder Woman still takes the cake as being the biggest disappointment -- but then again, I never really liked Rucka's writing outside of a few things. Hitch's JL, as well, is no more than mediocre, but I expected that.

Everything else I'm reading has been good. Highlights would probably be Green Arrow in total, Batman in recent issues, New Super-Man, The Flash, and Aquaman. GLs and HJGLC are also not bad: Humphries' writing is pretty decent in Lanterns, and GLC has great art, at the very least.

>Great
Superman
>Good
Batman
>Meh
Action Comics, Blue Beetle (judging from the one shot)

I'm very much new to DC, what are some great books from Rebirth I should check out?

> the flash
> good

this is going to be manapul/buccalleto level overrated, isn't it

Deathstroke and Green Arrow.

>God tier
Batman
Nightwing
Aquaman

>Good tier
WW
GA
Red Hood

>Meh tier
Action Comics
Detective Comics
Titans

Not the guy you're responding to, but I'm enjoying it for what it is. It's basically what the title is implying - action. There's a rough semblance of a plot and it's mostly there in service of the title and I respect that. I think it's refreshing to have a comic these days where the basis is just enjoying watching people punch each other and I'm actually really disappointed that Detective Comics isn't really featuring much of any detective work at the start of the series.

>Good
Deathstroke
New Super-Man

>Ok/expected better and hope it picks up
Batman
Nightwing

>Art showcase with boring writing
Green Arrow

Didn't care about the rest. The Flintstones and Sheriff of Babylon are the best comics published by DC, but they're not part of Rebirth.

I'll check out the Green Arrow storytimes on Sup Forums. Is it new reader friendly?

Like the other user said, Green Arrow and Deathstroke are for me some of the best so far but:

Aquaman is great, with the political aspect being really interesting and watching all the stuff go on behind the scenes. Nice to see Arthur and Mera trying to do their things their own way as well as working together.

Deathstroke is the shit for plot shenanigans so far and the #1 released on Wednesday was absolutely fantastic, Priest living up to his rep.

Green arrow is good, getting back to the basics that made GA stand out in the first place. Seeing Ollie and Dinah back and forth is great.

>
Yeah, it's a decent enough jumping off point. You shouldn't be too bad off.

Pulling:
>Superman
>New Super-man
>Superwoman
>Aquaman
>Flintstones
And dropped everything else. Just dropped Green Arrow after the last issue, but going to be adding Deathstroke since that turned out really good.

Honestly, pretty disappointed overall with Rebirth, especially after how everyone was hyping it up so much and then most of the books turned out to be nothing special and just kinda varying degrees of "OK." Hopefully Supersons ends up being good since I'm really excited for that.

Flintstones definitely deserves a shout out.

I enjoyed Blue beetle. Felt a lot stronger than most other Rebirth starting titles.

We'll see how it pans out, but I really am looking forward to seeing how Ted and Jaime develop as a team.

>Great
Deathstroke
New Super-Man (art aside)
Green Arrow

>Good
Nightwing
Batman
Titans (art aside)
Superwoman
Aquaman

>trade waiting due to whatever but it's still ok to good from what I've read
Wonder Woman
Flash
Hellblazer

>disappointing shit
JL
Action
Suicide Squad
Blue Beetle

just the ones I've tried

I dont feel that way at all but I'm not a new reader. To me the best part about Rebirth is fixing all the fucked up characterizations and relationships from the New 52 runs. Like how King immediately fixed autist Bruce and had him admit to loving his whole Batfamily and having special tapes for each of them if he died. Or in Nightwing having Bruce basically tell Dick stop living in my shadow you are your own hero and fully capable.

I'm a dirty tradewaiter, but I'm very excited to start getting Deathstroke, New Super-Man, Blue Beetle, and all those sexy as hell miniseries and Young Animal books.

>Batman
I am Gotham ending sucked but Monster Men will most certainly make up for it
>Green Arrow
Still need to read issue 5
>Aquaman
Pretty good but then again my first time reading Aquaman
>Deathstroke
Best written book of the line
>Justice League
Losing interest
>Suicide Squad
Schlock
>New Superman
Makes me excited about Superman which is nigh impossible in itself
>Flash
Speedster villains are getting cliche but THE FUCKING SHADE IS COMING BACK

The thing about Flash is that Barry's been well characterized for the first time since the bronze age.

GREAT: Batman, Superman, Green Arrow, Detective Comics, Aquaman

GOOD: Titans, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, The Flash. Action Comics, Nightwing

DECENT: Batgirl and the Birds of Prey, Deathstroke, The Hellblazer, Red Hood and the Outlaws

MEH: Justice League

Forgot New Super-Man, which for now is just decent.

I'm not a new reader either and I totally agree with you. Thing is that fixing characterizations and folding some cool and heavily missed elements from post-crisis back in doesn't make the comics themselves any better. It just improves the setting.

Rebirth is a huge step forward in fixing a lot of the mistakes of the New 52's universe, but no amount of much needed world building/repairing changes the fact that the comics themselves just aren't anything special.

Green Arrow for example. Those first couple issues had me insanely hype since it felt like the first true Green Arrow book we've had since the New 52 started, but the writing itself isn't actually any good and Otto Schmitt's art doesn't really do much for me. Like, yeah, I'm glad my OTP is back and Ollie feels like Ollie again instead of the Ultimate Hawkeye wannabe that was running around during the New 52, but the comic itself really isn't all that great. And yet people are touting Green Arrow as one of the greatest cape comics in years.

I think people are just so happy to see stuff from old canon that they missed that they're intentionally ignoring how generally uninteresting their line-up is and unfortunately overhyping their output. Rebirth has me excited for the FUTURE of DC, but the actual comics they're currently putting out are almost all just bland, by-the-numbers books starring A-listers and pet characters.

forgot to add
Not Bad
> Blue Beetle

meh
> Birds of Prey

he's well characterized at the expense of EVERYTHING ELSE. a ridiculous part of first story had new characters and none of them are interesting, including the new wally, whose personality is only "i like cars and i sulk a lot"

All-Star Batman - Great to see a batman road story. You don't see that often. That's what I like about Sndyer. He puts Batman in situations that you wouldn't think work but then they do.

Batman - King is killing it for me. Even got me to like Finch. Looking forward to more Gothan Girl development.

Blue Beetle - First issue was kinda confusing. Dialogue was weird and disconnected sometimes. I don't really like how resistant Jamie is to having the scarab but I imagine he'll calm down about that eventually. I'll give it a chance.

Detective Comics - Avoided this one at first but then I read the first couple issues and ended up actually liking it. Adding it to my pull and buying all the back issues.

Green Arrow - Dropping this trash now that the first arc is over. What an awful book. Great art but terrible storytelling and ideas. People like it because of shipping reasons though I guess. I honestly don't get why Sup Forums loves the book so much. Makes me worried about Percy writing Teen Titans.

New Superman - Fucking great book. Do more stuff like this, DC.

Nightwing - Don't really care for the character and his book has been boring so far. When was the last time Nightwing was even good? Dropped it already.

Superman - Liking the father-son dynamic. Tomasi and Gleason are really good at making charming books.

Superwoman - Not a big fan of Lois or Lana and the art/writing didn't make me hopeful.

Wonder Woman - Good but could be better. Hopefully Rucka knows what he's doing.

I'm pulling all the Super books and I like all of them so far. Supergirl Rebirth was kind of meh, but has potential.

Aquaman is fucking great. Added Deathstroke since issue #1 was great as well.

I'm not adding Green Lanterns to my pull list even though I liked the first two issues just because I'm gonna trade wait, same with most every other title I haven't picked up and tried. Suicide Squad Rebirth was pretty shit though.

Not Rebirth, but I've also dropped all of the Hanna-Babera books. Future Quest was the worst of them all, barely readable. Scooby Apocalypse is okay, but it's moving at a snail's pace. Wacky Raceland has great art and some good moments, but it's pretty forgettable. I love Flintstones, but with Young Animal coming out, I'll just be picking it up off the shelves every now and then instead of having it in my pull list.

Oh yeah, also reading Titans. Really good as well.

Dropped Flash, though. Got worse with each issue.

>Future Quest was the worst of them all, barely readable
I strongly disagree with this opinion.

Pretty much this. I wholeheartedly support Rebirth for what represents for the future of DC, even if the current line-up is mediocre, but at least the initiative has improved the overall universe and therefore the setting for future stories.

That seems to be the general consensus as well. I've heard nothing but praise for it, but I just don't see it. I couldn't even finish issue 3.

This 100%. I like the idea of Rebirth and the spirit behind it, but the comics themselves aren't really that great and because most of them are double-shipping, they're coming at the expense of the cool fringe/c-lister books in favor of doubling down on the core franchises. Relegating those books to their own imprint (Young Animal) is a double-edged sword. It'll give them more room to breath, but because they aren't part of the main line of rebirth books, most of them will probably get ignored.

Just caught up today and I'm absolutely loving Aqua Man, looking forward to where Black Manta and The Fisher King plot is going and Tula is an absolute miracle of the universe.

everything started strong but kind of went to shit except aquaman, batman, nightwing, and superman

I hyped up Wonder Woman too much in my mind before it came out.
Dream Writer (because of his Punisher run) + Dream Artist (sharp) and such.
And in the end so far its simply good not glorious like I dreamed.
And the Frank Cho business made me depressed about Rucka.
Sharp's art alone is glorious but still.
I do like what they are doing with Cheetah.

Aquaman is good writing wise, but I am not a fan of the interior art. Wish Rafa Sandoval was on that instead of Green Lantern.

Superman is the best book easily.

Batman is decent.
Detective is good.
Action I am behind on.

Rebirth has been solid so far. Only a handful have books have been boring to me. Most of them are quite good.

Theres a lot of rebirth books I'm just not interested in but this is what I'm pulling down at the LCS

Batman
Superman
Nightwing
All Star Batman
Blue Beetle
Trinity (when it comes out)

And I'm dropping Hellblazer and picking up Deathstroke instead, even though I've never given a single shit about the character, lol.

and when Young Animal starts I'll be grabbing Doom Patrol and Cave Carson

I'd probably pick up more DC stuff but I'm on a fairly limited budget and bi-monthly screws things up a little bit. Plus theres still Image and Dark Horse books to get as well.

I am cancelling justice league soon, it's absolute horse shit

I might cancel birds of prey because it is shit in comparison to batgirl
Everything else of rebirth I dig
My favorites being Red Hood, Detective Comics, batgirl and Scooby apocalypse

Might drop future quest because it's not turning out 90% space ghost like I wanted

I'm dropping future quest because its so damn inconsistent only 3 issues in, i expected more Doc Shaner, and i know he works slow.... but holy fuck.

Seriously though why is every one in here riding Deathstrokes dick? Deathstroke rebirth was shit and deathstroke #1 was mediocre at best

>keikaku
>lewd old men

all the stuff Sup Forums loves m8

That's fucking gay
I'm over here drooling over Batgirl in Japan and Beijing

I really wanted to pick that up because i love Albequerque's art but I just give less than a single fuck about babs.... hell, her just appearing in Nightwing's last issue annoyed the fuck out of me.

I'd promote New Super-Man to great and move Action to meh.
Also Flintstones is great, Future Quest is good and Scooby is not bad.

>great
Deathstroke
Batman
Green Arrow
New Super-man
Flintstones

>good
Aquaman
Nightwing
Superman
Superwoman
Supergirl

>That's fucking gay

welcome to Sup Forums

Deathtroke, Nightwing, Superwoman, New Super-Man

>Great
Batman, Deathstroke, Wonder Woman, Nightwing, New Super-Man, Superwoman, Superman

>Good
Batgirl, Supergirl, Detective Comics, Aquaman

>Not bad, may drop anyway
Flash, Green Arrow, Titans, Hal Jordan, Blue Beetle

>DROPPED
Green Lanterns, Justice League, Action Comics, Red Hood

Great tier:
>Hal Jordan and GL Corps
>Action Comics

Good tier:
>Aquaman
>Superman
>Green Lanterns

OK Tier:
>Batman
>Wonder Woman
>New Super-Man

Bad tier:
>Justice League

>great
>Deathstroke
Fucking how. After only 1 real issue
I want to see how many samefags are shitting up this thread with muh husbando

I dropped a few mostly out of budget concerns, the double shipping is costly as fuck since books are essentially $6/month now. I mean it's great for titles I really like, but for stuff like Green Lanterns and Green Arrow which I'm only passively enjoying, it's not worth it. Only ones I dropped because I didn't like them were Action Comics and Birds of Prey.

it's had two issues and both were good
the rebirth oneshot was a #0 issue and was one of the better oneshots
priest is good at characterization and the art isn't completely god awful

No it wasn't
It was full of lazy panels that were copy pasted
And tons of coloring mistakes
The writing was about as good as any of the other rebirth books

It was pretty baffling because Kings Batman felt weak to begin with, but it's getting pretty good now.

STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE the post

He's a slow burn writer anyways, and its a bi-monthly... i think shit is gun git gud.