I'm interested to hear your rebuttal on this, Sup Forums

I'm interested to hear your rebuttal on this, Sup Forums.

It's about defining gender, sex, and species.

why-animals-do-the-thing.tumblr.com/post/148931367029/your-biology-is-wrong-millenniumvulcan

Tip: try not to say "degenerate" or ">tumblr" just because you see a lot of words.

Anyone?

>in fact, the ability of two organisms to reproduce and produce viable offspring actually has very little with how we choose to classify them
So why are niggers and white people still considered the same species?

Degenerate. Go back to tumblr.

nice

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that no one had the patience to read it

Cry more faggot

But no, really, why the hell would I read some random shitty armchair tumblr millennial forming "biological theories" by starting with a desired conclusion and trying to make it meet in the middle when there's plenty of legitimate pseudo-science in academia I could be spending my time getting pissed off at?

>In truth sexual characteristics are diverse and varied and do not always match up with sex chromosomes; also, a sexual “binary” of sorts is not constant amongst all living things, and most organisms have other systems of reproduction.
that sentence is how I know OP is a 14 year old girl

>gender is [...] assigned
>gender identity you construct for yourself
so she's talking about 2 different things (some expectations from the outside, and some internal representation of self) and putting the same name on both. This is only an argument in favor of ">tumblr".

>user points out OP is full of shit
>Muh PhD says you're wrong
>Imma dump unrellated shit about how defining a species is hard
>tumblr

I can define gender without using a chart. There's male, female and intersexed, (who are born fucked up.) Anything else is a mental illness.

I'm not crying, I just wanted to see what people would have to say on it. I browse both tumblr and Sup Forums because I'm a masochist.

I guess summed it up sufficiently, it could very well just be overanalytic pseudoscience that seeks to overwhelm the readers with lots of words and pictures so the weak-minded will assume it's correct just because they see a lot of words.

Am I in the ballpark?

Or the weak minded will avoid it because they dont understand it let alone have the capacity to debate or refute it.

See how it can work both ways?

Are you saying that you agree with the post's analysis on gender and species? Or are you just being skeptic?

>the weak-minded will ask what to think on Sup Forums

damn nigga i just got roasted!!!

I already thought that it was a bunch of malarky, I just wanted to see how Sup Forums would react because usually it can be funny

I'm just tired of seeing idiots dismiss entire arguments under "shill" or "cuck" because they're too intellectually weak to understand what was posited.

Then they wait for someone else to hopefully rebutt the argument so they can latch on and feel good in their own leeched beliefs.

On top of it all they have the gall to say others dismiss their arguments out of turn, when half the time they didnt even arrive at the conclusion after studying; they just got force fed the "red pill" and stopped thinking entirely after that, because who needs to actually go and verify the information posted here? As long as it fits their views, its kosher.

The entire point this guy tries to make boils down to "different species can have sex with each other, so sex is a construct."

Which doesn't fucking make sense anyway because that's a non-sequitur.

I think what you're trying to say is that I'm dumb for wanting to see Sup Forums's opinion on this? I don't suppose you'll believe me when I say that I already thought that the post's argument was irrelevant because it focused on how the definition of a species was murky, which didn't at all relate to the topic of differences between sexes.

I came here more to get an idea on how to rebut something like this, because I could think about WHY it was wrong, but I didn't know the exact or correct vocabulary to use in dismissing something like this.

basically summed up what I was looking for, the word "non-sequitur."

I'd be the first to admit that I have doubts about my beliefs system, but don't we all? Isn't it healthy to question your beliefs instead of blindly following them to their end?

Fine, my antidepressants prevent me from sleeping anyway.

> Gender and Sex are both human made constructs designed to describe natural phenomenon

This is true.

> but are not actually based in any biological reality. Much like the concept of “species”, it’s a model, and no model is an actuality - then it would not be a model, it would be a fact.

This is just silly, a model explains facts. Such as sexes in animal.

> In truth sexual characteristics are diverse and varied and do not always match up with sex chromosomes;

If this means that the big strong one is not always female, but sometimes male, this is true. It's also true that there are different genes that code for gender in different groups of species. (trees use different genes than mammals for example).

But what does that even mean? She's not being very clear here.

>also, a sexual “binary” of sorts is not constant amongst all living things, and most organisms have other systems of reproduction.

This is true, because... most organisms are bacteria and shit. Doesn't mean that cats have sexes.

>

Furthermore, gender is the suite of societally-defined social roles and behavioral characteristics that is typically assigned based on the externally perceived sex of a child; and does not actually have anything to do with biology

This would claim that society is not actually framed by biology. But that's retarded. We build societies because our biology tells us to. Of course our society is influenced by biology.

I mean, she isn't really clear in what she's saying. There are more than two genders because society claims that there are more than two? That's a retarded way to reason.

>only posted species
>tumblr

GTFO fag

99% of people can be easily categorized as male or female. Intersexed people are very rare. Transsexuals are very rare. They are the exception, not the rule.