What was it about the male form in the 80s that just encapsulated what it was to be a man...

What was it about the male form in the 80s that just encapsulated what it was to be a man. You see absolutely ripped dudes with six packs in movies today and it's just not impressive but an 80s bod has some heavy pecs and no real stomach definition but always makes a statement.

John McClane, Jack Burton, Indy, they're all so rugged. How do I get that I drink beer and fuck women this muscle is just natural look.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_pUmmixZtoQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>its cool to be physical worker
good thing that meme died out Jesus Christ

Said the bitch assed faggot.

steroids were big in the 80's

I can tell right away you have never hard labor in your life just like idiots in Hollywood.

Roddy Piper was a professional wrestler though.

This is literally comparing cart apples to plam tree oranges.

It's a dishonest form of "false argument" or "wrong thought" that you see a lot today being bandied about by onlinesters.

Work muscles instead of show muscles. They cast big guys to look big instead of hiring scrawny guys to work out for months to look good on screen

Are you a Jew?

>watched this for the first time yesterday
>still looking for a good quality Dark Star d/l to end my carpenter binge

Reagan rejuvenated american masculinity

>wanting to work in the hot sun to make buildings and shit for assholes that make 3-4 times what you make
>risking bodily injuries
>risking your life
Having worked in an ER: there were plenty of manual labor workers with lumbar issues. I always felt bad when they missed worked and they HAD to work. Not setting yourself up for a better position in life is not manly.

mcgruber was underrated comedy kino

Being solely an american is not manly.

Are you retarded?
Have you tried lugging around 85 pound bags 8 hours a day?

It's a movie dude, lmao

Yeah I meant Roddy is like midway between Arnold/Stallone roid-body and the traditional 80s bod I was talking about. I just posted Roddy because I was just watching They Live and he's a fucking specimen if I ever saw one.

But idk man I see bodies like pic related and it just feels more rugged to me when even doughnut boy Chris Pratt is walking around with a chiseled six pack. It all feels so fake-y.

ford was a carpenter so he has that sinewy laborer look

I always found manual labor enjoyable work for its variety and keeping you active. Same reason I enjoyed the restaurant industry. I like getting to move around and juggled a dozen different things and there was always something satisfying about the immediate gratification and the exhaustion from manual labor tasks.

>it just feels more rugged
>literally has chest chair, one of the key components of being/looking rugged

Pratt is a nu-male faggot.

I see your game, user. You just want me to keep posting hot 80s action bods don't you. I'll play.

>I wish we still had hot ripped dudes to ogle at the movies

Just admit you're gay

Being a waiter is not the same as being construction worker or plane old mule carrying shit from A to B.

kek this

Sure I'll tell you how to get that look,
but first you've got to put on these glasses

so what if he is

Its ok to be gay OP
>youtube.com/watch?v=_pUmmixZtoQ

Nowhere did I imply it did. I used to do landscaping work. Lot of lifting, jackjammer, shovels, hammers, drills. The whole shebang. I also worked as a busboy/waiter/chef in restaurants. They were both enjoyable in that you don't stay in the same place for too long and have constantly got new tasks on your plate.

>I always found manual labor enjoyable
It is for you ad many others, but that's not for everybody

Here are the real men of today.

I got no shame in pointing out a handsome man, user.

Thats all really menial work really not physical labor.
Sorry to burst your "i love being a donkey" bobble.

>uses the term handsome
>not manly
>claims he's not gay

>landscaping and construction
>literally the jobs synonymous with manual labor
>hurr that's just menial work

spotted the numale

sexuality is fluid user

I can fuck chicks and be attracted to rough 80s men

You all should go buy yourself a bottle of Nugenix and then shovel dirt and lay bricks all day for $8 an hour. Make America Manly Again.

>sexuality is fluid user

if you say so buddy.

Spotted the fag who haunt lifted anything heavier than a spoon.

>I can fuck chicks and be attracted to rough 80s men
That's called being bi. Finding traits on a male appealing =/= being attracted to males. You're clearly a fudge packing fairy in denial. Or just really stupid, probably american.

>then shovel dirt
It's gotta be wet dirt though, or it isn't as fun.

Steroid use has never been more prevalent than today in Hollywood, don't fool yourself, even old farts like rdj are on trt. The problem is now Hollywood only hires pretty boys who typically come from a modeling career. The body aren't that different, the roids doses are a bit lower and they do more cardio to be leaner. Prettier faces and leaner bodies make them look safer for the female audiences. This is also mixed with the movies themselves catering to wider audiences, the disappearance of rated r violence in blockbusters, the increasingly younger and more feminized filmmakers more influenced by vidya and lack of any real life experience, etc. Hence the modern sterile capeshit bullshit that feel so disconnected from reality.

hasn't*

>thread is about 80s action stars being manly
>turns into a political argument and gay bashing

fuck you Sup Forums

Blame the closet queers that equate manliness with eroticism.

I go to the gym 4 times a week, doing only compounds.

Why bring up lifting weights? This whole physical masculinity thing seems to be an issue for you.

This just made me think. When was the last time a hunk male lead had chest hair. The only movie I can think of period is fucking 40 Year Old Virgin.

People just lifted weights and did pushups back then, they didn't have all this high tech shit for your "core" and other areas, if you had a gut you just did situps till you werent mad about it any more.
Just work out like Homer simspon does, cranking arm reps with a sip or beer in hand while watching the screens flicker.

Henry Cavil in MoS?

You do understand russians have access to the same internet as you.

>onlinesters
You gotta go back home.. mommy misses you

Can I eat like shit

As long as you work out every day and lay off the sugar sure. eat red meat every day, eat eggs, eat cheese, whatever.
Just try to eat real food, I think, everyone still had wives or gfs who could cook back then. But also the fast food was better in a lot of ways , less chemical, just cheap ingredients.

now go and do that 8 hours a day tough guy

Dadbods everywhere

because they had functional strength because they actually worked a hard job to provide for their families

unlike now adays where guys have never done manual labor in their lives but have a six pack from going to the gym to make having casual sex easier

>Guys posting ITT

Who did Sup Forums though wore big/ripped as a kid?
I though Bruce Willis was ripped in die hard but now he looks like an average weight trainer.

MR T till I realized it was mostly fat

Say what you want but Selleck is the perfect male specimen.

Tall, long legs, thin waist, a moustache to die for, hairy chest, decent arms.

Stallone, but nowadays i see that he "just" had really really low body fat.

Apart from Arnold i thought Lundgren and van Damme were the strongest guys in the world but today there are thousands youtube lift bros who out-big them both

being a big roided up ape is not the ideal male physique

Looks like a Skyrim NPC.