LOTR

>re watching fellowship of the ring
>only just realize Aragorn takes Boromir's bracers after his death and keeps wearing them throughout the next 2 films

F-fuck

;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sIwXCoMtq3c
youtube.com/watch?v=218su1JOC-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's the little things

no remake will ever capture those little things

Huh. I never registered it before but now that you mention it OP I have a clear image of when he put them on.

Any more stories of Viggo going ham while filming?

The dagger parry, boot kick...

Man he's fucking great.

He also never used a lighter prop sword because he wanted to have the real, actual weight of the blade on him

Why Viggo is so sexy as Aragorn but completely unnapealing outside the role. Is it the beard?

He's decent looking in Eastern Promises.

He's all right looking even in A History of Violence

Ia LOTR the single most based trilogy of all time? I swear it's like they forgot they were making a business but just went all out making something geniunely personal.

The long hair just doesn't look good on him but is masked by the beard as beard's make most men look good. He looks better with shorter hair when shaved.

Basically this, when he's not doped up or drunk he looks good

>when he's not doped up or drunk he looks good
Is he that often?

Any other instances of Sup Forums being delusiona- ah I mean right?

A moustache is fine too.

>The dagger parry
Just read about this for the first time, what a fucking badass

>Viggo is so sexy as Aragorn
lmao faggot
I'd swallow every drop of his superior Númenórean seed.

I can't believe that I couldn't see the sympathy in Boromir's character as a kid. I legit just saw him as a bad guy until I was an adult.

The guy got my first manly tears, and I'm not ashamed of it

police got report of some long-haired scruffy homeless looking guy walking down the street swinging a sword, it was viggo going to the gym, he saw his sword as a way into the character early in shooting and took it fucking everywhere, almost got arrested.

so basically if LOTR was filmed in america our lead actor would have been gunned down by the cops and we wouldn't be having this thread.

Sean Bean was scared of flying up to the mountain set, so he got up hours early every day to hike there instead.
Viggo joined him to keep him company.
He also bought one of the assistants the horse she tended to that she liked.

Kids have a simpler way to see things, and therefore tend to be more manichean.

like most american people and /poltards

Ironic post.

How can one man be so based?

>t. American /polack

>He also bought one of the assistants the horse she tended to that she liked.

that was really pretty awesome of him, the handler chick basically fell in love with the horse and wanted to buy it, but one of the studio execs or someone high up was like DIBS NYAHH and she was totally priced out, so viggo bought it withotu telling anyone.

I just want him to hold me that's not gay right bros?

oh shit did Ned Stark get brought back to life

His nude fight in eastern promises is honestly GOAT. The guy seems legit honest in his work.

>hasnt watched GI Jane
back to pleb school

Meant for

beneath Amon Hen I heard his cry

I buckled in for a comfy LOTR thread. Extremely disappointed

30 posts in you impatient manchild

But this thread is about worshiping Aragorn. Are you not entertained?

Orc stuntmen were scared of him because he got so in the moment he'd hurt them

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Islam is our greatest strength.

youtube.com/watch?v=sIwXCoMtq3c
>after the cigarette stunt, the host asks Viggo if he's up for a little prank
>Viggo answers: "No, I don't want to"
>Viggo calls out the host on serving incomplete "biksemad"
>the beers
10/10

Pic on the right is honestly just a bad pic.

You fucking faggots will not stop until every thread on this board is whinging about politics will you? LotR threads used to be a bulwark against this kind of bullshit.

>director yells cut
>runs away to go fishing

youtube.com/watch?v=218su1JOC-Q

What did he mean by this?

i alvays tort he vas an amerikan

He is but with a Danish parent hence his name being Danish

>Getting together a group of the principle cast and crew to wait and shoot a 2 second shot at sunset
>BTFOing everyone at fishing for dinner
>Thick-accented indian hobbit stuntman shits on Viggo's cooking

>Same stunt double
>Canoe scene during Fellowship
>He's with Viggo
>Whispers to Viggo during a take that it the boat capsizes for Viggo to save himself, because he can't swim
>Viggo freaking out

>Putting Bernard Hill behind the wheel and driving the makeup RV/Bus through the studio on the final day of shooting

>Working day and night with his horse, even going so far as to sleep in the stable with it, to get the horse comfortable for the scene where it picks up Aragorn by the riverbank

>Buying the very expensive horse that Arwen rode for the stuntrider that rode it

Honestly everybody involved in this production was great. Cast, Crew, Everybody. Even the people of New Zealand, from the extras to the military personnel, to the poor people who went without squash for a year so P.J. could keep his wetset up inside a hotel's squash court. The Appendices is the greatest documentary of filmmaking in history.

>those southern vs northern bants between Sean and Orlando
>John screwing around with the boats
>the hobbits doing whatever the fuck they felt like
>Ian bullying elves
>Viggo being Viggo
>Uruk'Hai extras getting bored and as libbing a great addition to the siege
Has there ever been a more comfy set?
Will it ever be matched?

det mest danske TV-klippet jeg har sett noensinne.

Anyone else think OP's pic looks like a screenshot from Oblivion.

Why can't I find the Behind the Scenes shit for TTT/RotK anywhere? All the Fellowship ones are on Youtube but the other two sets seem to have been scoured off the internet.

holy shit

Don't forget the stuntmen insisted on doing the Hakka for him, normally reserved for dignitaries.
Viggo insisted on headbutting them all personally after as a gesture of respect

Watching Fellowship at this very moment.

Why are these films so goddamn comfy

>The best advice they could give the actors was to, and I suppose you'll be cutting at this point; to make out as if you're actually having sex on the barrel
>(John Mahaffie, Second Unit Director): David! Get over here and **** this barrel!

Why don't you already own the extended editions of all the films?

Because I'm a poorfag right now and I can't justify purchasing them and for some reason I never thought to buy them back when they were released. I have all the theatrical DVDs from when they were first released though.

This. This so fucking much. I even remember a skinny kid, actually a year younger than me when I was 9, who for some reason loved Boromir and I just couldn't understand it. Now I know the kid was mature as fuck.

I left my extended dvds at my parents house, they left them on a shelf that got direct sunlight every day for years.

imagine murdering your parents over a few faded dvd cases.

That was Geoff Murphy, not John Mahaffie. My bad.

LOTR THREADS BEST THREADS

>reading anons telling me about how Gandalf fought the demon thing for years and years and years and it wasn't even the worst demon in the lore
scary wut

I think what set it apart is that they didn't just film the first movie and go on break to see what would happen before coming back to do the second then having a break then doing the third.

Doing it all at once makes it feel a lot more cohesive. People often point to the source material but it diverges, heavily in some places, from that.

I still like the Abridged Script though.
PETER JACKSON is meeting with various NEW LINE EXECUTIVES.

PETER JACKSON

..and that's my proposal. What do you say?

EXECUTIVE #1

Wait, so, you want three hundred million dollars to create nine total hours of film for an adaptation of the Lord of the Rings trilogy?

PETER JACKSON

Nearly twelve hours for the full editions.

EXECUTIVE #2

And you want us to greenlight this based on your previous work of...

(consulting a memo)

A movie about rat monkeys and flesh eating zombies and an unfunny comedy ghost movie starring Michael J. Fox?

PETER JACKSON

Right. And I want all the money up front, because I demand that I be able to make all three films at the same time.

The executives stare at JACKSON as if he just took a shit on their rug and autographed it. Miraculously, he is allowed to adapt the trilogy and ACTUALLY FUCKING PULLS IT OFF.

Do you think the jews would do that in todays market of capeshit?

Yes, because they'd call it the LOTR Cinimatic Universe and start releasing films every year

Oh jesus christ you're right.

It'll never happen again. It's a time we have lost. There's no going back. Hollywood simply won't allow a movie like this to be made like this again.

Proof: The Hobbit.

>they'd call it the LOTR Cinimatic Universe
well once Christopher dies and they get their grubby hands on the rights to the Silmarillion

it'll actually happen

Aragorn literally states
"Rise men of the west" in the final battle

Damn, I've never noticed that,

>Being this obsessed with a Sup Forums board you feel the need to bring it up at every turn
You're mentally ill, get help. Keep this shit off LotR threads you fucking libtard imbecile.

Reddit invasion

Damn I never knew he filmed all three at onces.
How did he do it ?
How did he convinced them ?
300 hundred millions is not so bad for three film no ?

>That story of the meeting with a notoriously straightfaced, impossible to read executive who was pitched the idea of two movies and responded by saying;
>Now why two movies, when you clearly need three?

would you guys are agree that LOTR had some of the best casting in movie history?

i knew about the first part but, damn, jesus christ the man is a genuine good man

I think it transcends discussion in this regard. The idea of Stuart Townsend or Sean Connery is so foreign it almost sounds like fiction.

yeah they'd been shopping it around and reduced to two movies because seriously what lunatic is going to sign off on this three movie project with such a long production period money up front.

thank fuck that guy knew what was up.

I'd really love to see a Silmarillion adaptation in a big budget series. I truly believe that if there was a way to get Peter Jackson truly invested into it as he was into LotR (not the Hobbit, where he phoned it in at full speed because Totoro pulled out), he'd make it work.

That being said, I hope it never happens. With today's current climate it'll be an excuse to shoehorn in new "progressive" characters, race changes, excess CGI, more Super Mario Elf shit (the autistic kind from the Hobbit, not the fun kind from LotR, etc.

Truly hoping Christopher sells the rights to someone he trusts under the clause that who buys it, doesn't let it be adapted for another 75 years.

No doubt. Everyone's perfect for the role and no one was miscast in the final product.

We almost had a Nicolas Cage Aragorn.

The age of execs looking to boost long term profit via making sure the product is good is sadly over.
Not tht they were too common to begin with

Anyone looking forward to Howl's Moving Cities Mortal Engines? Written by Walsh, Jackson and Boyens, directed by Jackson's protégé, Christian Rivers.

it really helps that the core actors were there doing it together for such a long time, getting into character and building chemistry off screen too, instead of just showing up for a few week/months shooting like most movies, then coming back a couple years later to make a sequel trying to get back into it.

looked up the book on wikipedia
the character don´t sound like something that I would like so no

Which is somewhat ironic, given Viggo's abrupt introduction, but it worked because of his nature.
This is really a fantastic job by production because of how they filmed for the first few months, bringing the four hobbits and setting them up in hotels together. This was one of those movies where the Producers were actual integral parts that helped make everything and everyone what they were. Unsung heroes.

My thoughts exactly wtf is up with that

They filmed for over a year straight, if I remember correctly. It's why Nicholas Cage turned down the role of Aragorn when Daniel Day Lewis and Russell Crowe wouldn't take it. Too long of a time commitment. Consider that most actors finish their work filming in 2-3 weeks for most movies.

I like to imagine that even if those actors had said yes that the people working on the movie would have soon realized they just don´t fit and replaced them with what we got

Cast a remake, Sup Forums.
>James McAvoy as Frodo
>Michael Fassbender as Aragorn

could that have been part of why the cast worked? only actors truly dedicated to the part actually took the job

that's what happened, stuart townsend had the aragorn job, then A FUCKING DAY before shooting started they realised he was a bit too young and got Viggo in.

how fucking gutted must he have been seeing these movies come out over the next few years.

>Robert Downy Jr. as Legolas
>Chris Evans as Boromir
>Scarlett Johansson as Arwen

>Me as Delet this

What the fuck is this bullshit? How was Cage even considered for the role? For any fucking role in the movies whatsoever?

why do you hit enter like that

you don´t do it life action at all but traditional 2d animation instead like those movies form the 80s only with a big budget and true to the original books

I think Sean Connery would have been just as good and it wouldn't have given Ian McKellan such a faggoty soapbox platform from the fame he got.

Because he's a good actor and hadn't pissed his reputation away yet

Why is this trilogy so good?

>Jennifer Lawrence as Frodo

>Michael Dorn as Lurtz

nah either pippin or merry would be female
frodo and sam are going to be the gay couple remember?

but can you guys actually imagine what would have happened if Sean Connery had said yes only to be replaced later as well?
he would have never stopped rambling about it and maybe even tried to ruin the movie behind the scenes like some kind of guerilla fighter

I can't really imagine anyone else as the characters, they kinda made it their own.