Can you renember anyone from the year 1016?

Can you renember anyone from the year 1016?

can you name a "popular" place back in 1016? no?

that's exactly how they will feel in 3016, no one will fucking even think this ever existed

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hastings
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_millennium
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Not taking into account advances in technology, especially storage and preservation of data
>Not realizing that we study history extensively
>Ignoring things like en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hastings
Shit thread, fuck you.

You are a fucking moron. So if I remember Jesus, does that mean 2016 years from now people will remember us, but not 1000 years from now?

Lets see what could possibly happen in 3016

according to >wikipedia

>Global sea levels could rise by 6.8 metres (22 ft) by the 31st century under a high emissions scenario.[1]
3015: A camera placed by Jonathon Keats will finish its exposure time after its placement at the ASU Art Museum in Tempe, Arizona, in 2015.[2]
3117: Minimum time by which, according to physicist Andrew Kennedy, humanity can expect to have reached 'Barnard's Star', assuming an annual economic growth rate (and corresponding increase in power output) of 1.4% from 2007.[3]
3183: The time pyramid, a public art work at Wemding, Germany, is scheduled for completion.[4]
3500: Re-inception of a period of cyclical polar glaciation if atmospheric CO2 concentrations did not exceed a low 240 parts per million by volume (ppmv), however currently exceeding 390. This date would be greatly prolonged even if restored to a pre-industrial 280.[5]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_millennium

>Implying our current data will be forwards compatible with future shit.

year 2.8 billion Earth's surface temperature, even at the poles, reaches an average of ~422 K (149 °C; 300 °F). At this point, life, now reduced to unicellular colonies in isolated, scattered microenvironments such as high-altitude lakes or subsurface caves, will completely die out.[52][63][d]

Yeah, pretty big date in English history.
>Æthelred, King of England, dies, and is succeeded by his son Edmund Ironside.
>Battle of Brentford: King Edmund defeats the Danes under Cnut, Prince of Denmark.
>Battle of Assandun: Cnut defeats Edmund, leaving the latter as king of Wessex only.
>King Edmund dies and Cnut takes control of the whole of the Kingdom of England.

Also Olaf Haraldsson became king in Norway I think.

And from Mars, we all live on a small, blue dot. Deep, man.

DELETE THIS NOW

Never forget

>3016 ad

Humanity won't make it that far man. We're decades away from self replicating, true AI. Once that happens we either move our consciousness into the cloud , or are annihilated by our own creation.

>3016
>the world exists

But isn't this good for you. This is when a Danish chief, Cnut, becomes the king of England which sets him up to be your king 2 years later.

One of two English kings to be called 'The Great'

My kind of thread ;)

OP, anytime you meet some vain asshole who tries to bring you down, just remember...

The average person can barely remember Roman fucking emperor's... Founders of their countries... Rulers of the entire world like Alexander and Genghis Khan.

Why the fuck are they gonna remember YOU.

But hey, by all means, take a other selfie and document your insignificant life, rather than living it

>Papa tell me the story of God Emperor Trump again
>well son, it all began on a Mongolian Spearfishing board 1000 years ago...

>3000's
>4th millennium

mexican education everyone

except for all the digital records of audio video images and text, to say nothing of software/games/etc

Earth will still be there, if we are on it is debatable

Edward the confessor

Really makes me think

Fucking Kek. Kys

No one cares who you are already.

Immortality will be achieved within 50 years. We will be the wisest, most respected humans in the universe for eternity.

that is a little different m8. we have cd's and shit. i have no doubt some dank ass motherfucking nogs are gonna be grooving to thriller in a thousand years.

Cnut the Great. I mean England was literally ruled by Cunt in 1016. You really picked the wrong year for this thread.