635 million McChickens

>635 million McChickens
Get your shit together, Disney

Other urls found in this thread:

moviepilot.com/p/marvel-spider-man-homecoming-global-box-office/4336162
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Japan next week, China next month.

>hasn't even opened in China yet
go ahead and screenshot this for you ebin post, it's going to break a bil easy after the Chinese release

>Homecoming doesn't even have a release date in China yet, although there are rumors it's planned to hit the Chinese box office in November. As the Hollywood Reporter notes

moviepilot.com/p/marvel-spider-man-homecoming-global-box-office/4336162

How many HD copies will be available to download in November? Also the Chinese supporting a movie full of blacks and minorities? no chance
I bet you are the same ones predicting Thor 3 to break $1b

at this rate it might only be as profitable as BvS, what a fucking disaster.

>635 million mcchickens

Damnnn i want that now

It's not a flop but a massive disappointment, similar to BvS levels of underperformance. Hell even the universally panned Suicide Squad will outgross it

All according to plan for Marvel so they can buy the IP back at bargain rates

This. BvS wasn't a flop either, it kickstarted the whole DCEU and the following DC movies have printed money. Homecoming is severely underperforming, it should make a billion and not getting crushed by wonder woman

its 100% a flop, i have no doubt they spent that much JUST on advertising that shit was fucking EVERYWHERE

...it hasn't released in China or Japan yet though...

>it should make a billion

Who says?

>November
Holy shit, last I knew was September. Are they ever gonna show this shit in Chinkland?

It's gonna be released in China, maybe, in November. It was scheduled for August, then September, now November. What the fuck.
>"The delays could cost Hollywood millions. In an increasingly integrated — and still piracy-vulnerable — global entertainment landscape, late release dates have been known to erode box office significantly."

desperate DC memesters.

>B..BUT THIS IS MARVELS BvS

no BvS was DC's civil war.

no marvel movie outside of Avengers will be expected to make a billion, iron man 3 was a fluke.

IM3 was the first movie to come after Avengers. Only reason it did so well.

But yeah. No reason to expect any flick that doesn't have Cap and Ironman as mains to make a billion.

Just fuck my shit up

It's probably because Holland is gay.

People who want to say the movie flopped despite it making money.

The same people who said BvS should make a billion. This is the exact same situation

>This is the exact same situation

Not really. BvS = CW. The two biggest stars of the franchise at odds with each other with minor characters involved.

There is literally no reason to think Spiderman 3.0 would fair any better than a standard flick in the franchise, which is exactly what it pulled in.

>BvS = SM:H
>Civil War = Avengers = JL
There were more people on those posters and that airport, user

BvS in concept is a big event movie, up there with Avengers, Civil War and upcoming Justice League.

those are the same sort of situation.

spider-man homecoming is a solo spider-man movie, and it's doing roughly around the sort of business other solo cape movies have done.

I don't understand why it's important to you to paint it as a flop. I suppose that's a good thing.

Yeah, the huge pull of Antman. BvS had Wonder Woman, easily bigger than Black Panther and Black Widow.

JL = Infinity War or Avengers.
BvS = CW
S:H = Nothing in the DCverse yet. Maybe the 3rd reboot of Batman.

Actually Ant Man had a solo movie in the same franchise before. I don't know why are you arguing something so obvious, Civil War was marketed as an Avengers movie with Spiderman and Homecoming as Spiderman and Iron Man movie, just like BvS. You can't pretend Scarlett Johanson and the rest of the Avengers weren't in that movie

this movie was bad

why is he not allowed to pretend but you are, that doesn't seem fair.

>Homecoming as Spiderman and Iron Man movie
whatever it was marketed as didn't matter as soon as anyone had seen the movie and the fact that RDJ is in it for less than 10 minutes. Honestly, Iron Man in the promotional material was mostly to show that this spider-man takes place in the same universe.

Civil War - Iron Man, Cap, Bucky, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Ant Man, Vision, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Spiderman, War Machine

BvS - Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman
Homecoming - Spiderman, Iron Man, Cap

Clearly Pajeet Civil War was an Avengers movie and comparable to Justice League. So BvS=Homecoming

Stark and happy hogan are central to the plot. Clearly YOUVE never seen it

Everyone knows it's going to be on Netflix in a year anyway, so why bother?

Happy isn't Iron man though. In that case it's Spider-man v Happy Hogan and I'm not sure that's as big as what you're implying. Also I did indeed see it and it's clearly alot smaller in both scale and general budget than other MCU movies. It probably cost like a third of what amazing spider-man 2 cost.

>a checklist of how many characters, not the concept behind them, makes the attraction of these movies the same

that's pretty sad, you don't deserve your (You)

imagine being too dumb for capeshit

Do you think maybe people are a little tired of Spider-Man?

I mean this is the third reboot in the last couple decades. And the Spidey movie before it wasn't that great.

Yeah, I know blah blah Sony blah blah Spidey finally coming to MCU. Literally nobody gives a shit about that but the type of people who populate this board. The average filmgoer doesn't have a stake in the fandom

Hell, I'm a lifelong Spidey fan and I'm still waiting for this one to hit blu-ray, because while I still have faith in Spider-Man, I have little faith in his films at this point

Creating a well-recieved film will have more long term benefits. The DCEU has damaged customer confidence while the new spiderman has restored it.

*2nd reboot

>iron man and cap were stars of Homecoming

Fucking kek.

The only notable characters in CW were Tony, Steve and if you squint, Scott. No Thor, no Hulk.

BvS and CW were in direct competition. Hell, one inspired the other. Both had heroes as antagonists storylines.

Justice League is DCs Avengers. Only an idiot would argue otherwise. Homecoming has Tony in it for 10 minutes. You might as well call SS a Batman movie if you're going that route.

Definitely. If it wasn't for continuity, I wouldn't have seen it. On top of that, it wasn't very good.

Are all mcu movies like this? This was shot and edited like a 2 hour youtube video, is that seriously what the biggest blockbusters in the world look like right now? Where is all the budget going?

Why?
It's Sony who made and paid for it.
Disney has the merchandise rights, and the possibility to use Spiderman in the MCU.
They already won.

Spaydelman! Spaydelman! Flendly Nebolhud Spaydelman!

>November
Homeflopping is done

They go into marketing and Hollywood producer pockets. There is no point in trying when critics and mass audience will eat your shit up regardless.

>no pointless token Chinese side character
>making literally any money overseas
BWAHAHAHA

>make MJ black
>worst Spidey flop ever

Who could have foreseen this?

btfo

>When you put two guaranteed one billion superheroes in one film and it ends up grossing less than DC's tertiary female superhero made for half the budget

To be fair, Wonder Woman has made shit all internationally, apparently third world countries don't like women.

Homecoming was expected to compensate awful domestic by pandering to Pajeets but it's not enough to offset the losses in home turf.

This is precisely why I haven't seen it. Is it good? Is it bad? I simply do not give a fuck.

>awful domestic
>grossed more domestic than Wonder Woman on opening weekend
What did he mean by this?

And now it's 40 million behind, isn't life grand?

And the weekend after, user? What happened the weekend after? And the weekend after that? And then after that?

Ecactly this.

10/10 post. S:H is the very first MCU movie that I havent bothered to see in the theater.

You mean chump change?
>a movie that has been out longer has grossed marginally more than a movie that hasn't been out as long
Whoa

Do you pretend to be retarded?

Wonder Woman is going to end up grossing more than $100M (one hundred million united states dollars) more than Homecoming in the US aka the only relevant market in the world national studios. A little more than chump change

On the same day, you absolute retard.

400 million without Japan is pretty great though, not as spectacular as making more than Civil War domestic but still great

You can spin it all you want but everybody agrees that BvS should have made a billion because of how popular the characters were. Same rules apply to Homecoming. CW had all the Avengers there so it was an Avengers movie

With the re-release it will pass CW's DOM easy.

>US is the only relevant market
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What BvS didn't have and what these Marvels have to their benefit is all of social media and every blogger riding their dicks to hell. BvS was always fighting against the current. These Marvels are running with the current and still failing.

>Spider-Man will bury WW and will break 1b
>I-i-its not Marvels BvS you guys...
You revisionists are pathetic

What's funny is that Superman in the past 20 years has never been remotely as big as Spider-Man or Iron Man. Iron Man 3 did more than TDKR. So to say this is Marvel's BvS would be an understatement to the popularity of these Marvel superheroes.

>Much more profitable than BvS already with less than four weeks of release and no China
lol

if homecoming was advertised as spider-man vs iron man I would agree, that's a big event.

this is spider-man guest starring iron man, it's not the same.

you don't call suicide squad batman vs joker because they're in it for ten minutes, why didn't it make a billion haha!!!! or maybe you do I don't know.

>Way less profitable than Wonder Woman already despite the two easiest superheroes to cash in on
lol

It doesn't matter what is it about, the character made billion on solo movies and they were together. Same situation

I thought we were comparing it to BvS though? Homecoming is already a bigger success than that. Your Wonder Woman claim also applies to every other DC film as well

>made less money than BvS
>made less profit than Wonder Woman
JUST

>SAVE US CHINA
Too bad they have too wait until November, which by then they probably pirated the shit flick

>release date in china: november
>maybe
Don't think about it, just quote this post and write F

F

F

spider-man IP came into marvels hands as already damaged goods and the near instant reboot shit they pulled with amazing spider man doesn't inspire confidence in what appears to the average moviegoer as once again another reboot

It's clear Sony initially had the notion that they were going milk the fuck out of Spider-Man every way possible with the goal of setting up this elaborate "Spider-Man Universe" including dozens of spinoffs. From the e-mails it seems if they thought of the spider-man license as their golden goose, which is fine except they tried to lay the eggs themselves

what spiderman needs now is a good long break so people have time to get the bad taste out of their mouths, but theres no way thats ever happening

They could've salvaged it if the characters were older and whiter but instead they just reverted to the same old shit with some SJW shit added for easy media cred.

Thing is that audiences seeing that don't give a shit anymore. Marvel has milked RDJ for 10 years now. And now they're saying "hey we just rebooted Spider-Man again into the exact same form as always but only shittier" and they expected audiences to eat it up.

The irony of trying to be as safe and cowardly as possible having that backfire on you. If they made a Spidey in adult years with some good castings and not just tumblr's dream team, it would've been an easy billion right there. But Marvel got too proud and decided they wanted to just do what they always do.

>its 100% a flop, i have no doubt they spent that much JUST on advertising that shit was fucking EVERYWHERE
Key point: that
>they
isn't marvel. The advertising is Sony. Sony is the one who takes the loss on that (which, when it comes time to renegotiate, is what Disney wants)

Fucking hilarious, Kevin Feige crashed Homecoming on purpose so Pascal the dumb whore can sell the IP to Marvel for cheap.

That's what you get for making a deal with the devil, Amy.

Are you guys retarded? Once it opens in the biggest market, China, it will sail pass 1b easily. I wouldn't be surprised if it passed 1.5b.

>crashed
No. You aren't understanding. If it did either extreme, it would give Sony leverage during renegotiations. What they needed it to do is exactly what it's done: make back its production budget (PRODUCTION, because that's on marvel) and then coast. The fact that they've accomplished this without their main audience (China) was probably intentional, because Sony knows they have extreme difficulty with that region. Their goal is to make Sony realize that the brand is valueless with their involvement.

I remember you cunts said the same thing about Pirates 5 as well which had a staggered worldwide release date like this and it ended up grossing 700 millions worldwide at the end of its run. Sup Forums is better at this type of discussions.

I'm not even sure how much that stuff really matters to people though. I absolutely seethe from my hatred of the lesser races, but eliminating the genetic filth from the cast would merely bring me personal satisfaction, and only for the deed itself, not because the movie somehow magically improves just because the sockpuppet on camera went through a bleach cycle before mouthing out the words of some kosher-bosher hollywood overlord.

There isn't a whole lot working in Homecoming's favor in the Chinese market.

>late release coupled with piracy
>Chinese can be pretty damn racist

And here's one I'm curious about - how receptive is China to Japanese pop culture? Spidey's been a Japanese darling for a long time, so the Chinese might come into Spider-Man films carrying a lot of preconceptions regardless of the American movies.

Would explain the "fuck you especially Spider-Man" attitude the CCP have taken here.

>The DCEU has damaged customer confidence

800 million dollars in each of their last 3 films proves you otherwise.

3 billion* + an osacr

My fucking god, the new movie is pathetic

>who held
I didn't know movies were people too.

lol this meme

It's all but confirmed it's gonna surpass Amazing Spider Man (1), it's gonna hit around 650k at least before Japan and there's just no way it doesn't earn at least, atttttt leeeeast 150k in those countires combined.

Literally check out any serious box office discussion forum (where people are interested in the numbers not much marvelhacks vs dcucks memewar).

The market is tougher then ever and people are tired of superheroes and especially bad spider man movies, this film has done a lot to repair the spider man brand for future movies.

My prediction: somewhere around 850-870. If this came out in 2012 instead of amazing it would've been 950 - 1B.