Best Movies of 2017 (so far)

What are your best movies of the year so far and discuss or make fun of each other on how much shit taste we have and how plebby we are due to our shit taste, I don't mind either way.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=beau travail
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doesn't this joke only work when most of the classifications are serious?

Get your own taste instead of looking at RT percentages

why are the shit movies in god tier?

>John Wick Chapter 2
>Baby Driver
>should be in shit tier

>John Wick Chapter 2
this was legit shit

>duuude even the trashman in the subway is an assassin
>dude the hobo sitting in his own piss in the subway is an 'ssassin
>dude secret 'ssassin society duuuuude
>action scenes didn't bring anything new to the table, just more of this gay gun dancing keanu does

I like Keanu but John Wick is a shitty movie franchise.
why retards gobble that up?

desu all of that is shit tier

shut the fuck up

Batb is unironically the best

Why do you faggots unironically spam how great Arnie films are and action movies from the 1980s, then shit with rage whenever a movie copies them?

don't compare this soulless shlock with based Arnold in his prime

>Logan
>Below

>weeb shit
>Kids shit
>Capeshit

Delet this shit tier list

It was all fucking shlock though, that's my point.

Arnie produced Action kino, not COD the film

John Wick? for sure its dreck.

Arnolds movies were well made, had good dialog, good plot and good supporting actors.

The best Arnold movies were made by highly literate and visionary filmmakers
John wick is made by stuntmen

>Arnold movies
>with shit dialogue
FTFY

>Guardians
>God tier

Your Name. was out a year ago.

you mean all the famous one liners that people will still remember in 100+ years?

what had john wick?
did he even had any fucking dialog at all?

now get your ass to mars.

It's under "late to the party". Movies of 2016 that didn't come until this year.

It came out last year and was even in the cinema last year.

Lost city of Z, Okja and After the storm come to mind so far

Best so far has been Power Rangers, Logan, Lego Batman, Lost City of Z, Song to Song, Baby Driver, and It Comes at Night.
Worst has been Resident Evil, Get Out, Ghost in the Shell, and Don't Fuck in the Woods.

>Your Name
>god tier

The absolute state of Sup Forums

Pls no bully

John Wick 2 was legit shit, worse than anime
I got bored after the 52nd headshot and the movie wasn't even halfway through

You seriously need to kill yourself. You have shit taste and are obviously underage.

>The Void
Holy shit. I forgot I watched that movie. Pretty underwhelming.

John wick 2 is a masterpiece in action direction and tone. You being unable to be engrossed in something unless it's edgy is your fault

>Best so far has been Power Rangers, Logan, Lego Batman...

Not in the US

Well fuck America, it was released everywhere else.

>Cure for Wellness
>Life
>Free Fire
>Patriot's Day
>GotG2
>The Void
>Planet of the Apes

jesus fucking christ kid

Onii-sama has a film now? I never knew. Might give it a watch, I enjoyed his antics.

Logan and Spidey should be in God Tier.

Wonder Woman can fuck off down to Mid Tier. It was good, not great. The third act was so bland, formulaic and cringey (I BELIEVE IN LOVE!!!) I just got pissed off.

It's been out in Japan for the past few weeks and it just hit the US, and by the US, I mean 7 states playing inside a ratty art house theater next to a poorly maintained gay bar that's been swarming with homeless fucks bitching about their lives and failing to realize what went wrong.

i saw it when I was at Anime Expo

it all sucks desu

[/spoiler]Also, it was alright[/spoiler]

the absolute state of visual entertainment

>animeshit
go away

I generally find myself not liking original stories based on already established shit when it comes to anime, but as long as it's not pants on head retarded as usual I think I'll enjoy it. I'm in the UK I dunno if we get anime in theatres over here, it's not in my local at least so I guess I'll wait for the BD.

Ummm where is dunkirk sweetie?

Please leave and never come back with your shit taste.

>SAO the Movie in low tier
It was leagues above the shit anime, deserves at least mid tier for that much improvement

>Bloody Crayons
Damn Sup Forums how do you even know of this film. It's from my 3rd world shithole country.

honestly, It comes at night and get out are the best movies I've seen this year. close seconds are GotG2 and baby driver. John wick 2 was good but that runtime was too long and too much "world building" that took away from the movie itself. Logan was good to ok, overrated af. Dunkirk was great. everything else was shite

>Get Out is Top Tier
O I am laffin

you're in a slide thread, they're trying to push the dozens of GoT threads down

Get Out is a borderline 10/10 movie

The SAO movie was good

Shot Caller definitely belongs to god tier.

It's good but if you unironically believe that I suggest you watch more films

Same

I remember you from last year. Your infographs are nice, so keep it up, but your taste is so shit it baffles me.

Some Flip movies do come to the States, thanks to TFC

Enjoy your shitty rehash of the plot from the Blue Exorcist movie

>FUCKING PENCIL
C'mon nigger, you're not even trying.

>Arnold
>kino
The only thing good in his movies were the explosions. The plots, the dialogues, the story, the villains - all garbage.

>3rd world shithole country
At least you have god tier food, anime movies up the ass, and have national film treasures like Jerrold Tarog and Lav Diaz.

>mfw Bliss and Seklusyon never came to theaters here in the US

>being an OFW
ishygddt

you are garbage thats a fact

>Flipfag in the US
>obviously a OFW

>capeshits above shit tier

i love john wick but literally noone is saying this line anywhere

maybe you do....alone

What movie is this?

lmgtfy.com/?q=beau travail

how is typing that url is easier than write just its fucking title?

>Captain Underpants not in at least Top Tier
>watching Cars 3, Ghost In The Shell and Monster Trucks

If there was a tier between Top and Mid I'd put Captain Underpants in there. I liked it, but didn't love it like the books.
Cars 3 is about on the same level as Cars 1. Ghost in the Shell is visually exciting. Monster Trucks I saw on a plane out of morbid curiosity.

why is wonder woman in top tier but logan and guardians in mid?

Because I liked it more?

Fucking dumb ass, I posted a LMGTFY link to make fun of you because you're clearly too retarded to just look at the filename which has the title there, or image search which would give you the movie immediately because it's the most iconic shot from Denis' most famous film you unbelievable faggot.

why?

For the record I didn't dislike Guardians or Logan, but with Wonder Woman I thought the main character had a unique personality and was quite likable. The wwi period setting was a refreshing change of scenery, and the evil present in mankind themes I found interesting. The previous DC films were hot garbage, and this one was pretty good which came as a surprise. The third act climactic battle and main villain was a bit of a mess, but that's usually the case with most superhero movies unfortunately.

Logan I appreciated the difference in tone, and Guardians had some good character moments. I just liked WW a little more.

>John Wick
Nope. It was like a 6.5/10 maybe 7/10
>Baby Driver
Same.
>Guardians
Same.
>Logan.
I suppose. Still capeshit. But well done
>WW
Mediocre 5/10
>Spiderman
Who the fuck would see that again
>Literally ALL that weebshit
Into the >>>trash it goes

The Lost City of Z was alright. That's about it

Logan is the only thing worth a damn this year.

What did you think of the movie btw?

these threads are always so depressing. how do adults just constantly mainline capeshit, cartoons for babies, and other mindless prolefeed. what happened to you in your life that retarded your mental development at 13-years-old. is it because you were never required to grow up, or because you never questioned the packaged perpetual state of childhood that was aggressively (((marketed))) to you.

>I second that
Watched it last night.. now I wanna fuck up my whole life and go to prison so I can do the same as based main character
>I also wanna "iron up"

Some of them are 2016 but didn't come out in my country until 2017. But yeah, pretty bad year for capeshit

Can someone please tell me what the appeal of Moonlight is?

For me it was a beautiful shot movie about masculinity, isolation, denying yourself and the black culture

>adults

Here's where you're going wrong

Sup Forums is a playpen for ADHD kiddies

I appreciate that image for at least not forcing logan in the fucking god tier. Whenever i see some faggot capeshitter try to nonchalantly lump it in with the greats i lose my shit, it's a fucking awful movie

As someone who hasn't the movie, none of your points sound like actual criticism except maybe the last one

Would be a decent list if you at least dropped logan

>cringey
Ironic since nothing this year will ever come close to the cringe of the final act of Logan and the cheapness of spiderman. Sort yourself out kid.

John Wick 2, Logan and Baby Driver are the only "God tier" flicks this year

more like borderline 3/10, but sure, force yourself to like it for some reason

Best list ITT

OP mind if I use your chart to make my own?

>best movies of the year!
>...for people that don't actually like movies

yikes

Oh god I can just imagine some Sup Forums contrarian on the street trying to talk to some people in line to go see the next superhero film. They all try to avoid eye contact so they don't have to, and he smells repugnant, but he just keeps trying to start up a conversation about how shit this movie will be and how he can't wait to shitpost about it on Sup Forums. They all laugh nervously as his fake leather trenchcoat opens up and unleashes another unholy wave of stench from deep within his fat flabs.

Then he keeps trying to mix in Arnold one liners into every conversation he has. Just out of fucking nowhere he says "Sounds like you need to CHILL" with a fucking Arnold impression, which might be half decent if his gaping hole of a mouth wasn't shooting his disgusting, sticky saliva all over the place.

Then when he gets the ticket he leans close to the glass to try and see the cute girl working the ticket booth, he spurts out a tiny "Y-Yeah, you too" when she wishes him a good time at the theater, and he sits down to watch Marvel movie #28, everyone excited and happy around him, but he just sits thee and talks to himself about how shit it is and how he hates all modern films that aren't from Siberia or Japan.

But why?