Would anyone like to learn more about the life of Timothy McVeigh?

Would anyone like to learn more about the life of Timothy McVeigh?

In this thread I will post quotations about:

>his childhood and family
>his personality and experience at school
>his time in the military
>his relationship with women
>his life after the military

If anybody is interested please bump the thread to keep it alive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/embed/CVl6mwtLrsk
youtube.com/watch?v=YcJEG_uQF9M
youtu.be/Vgfi1QZILxk?t=54m48s
vanityfair.com/news/2001/09/mcveigh200109
youtube.com/watch?v=XNY0dH7dztQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vHDIhxeMOcI
rense.com/general2/truth.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Really makes you contemplate the motivations of someone capable of single-handily pulling off the largest terrorist attack on American soil before 9/11.

The first quotations are about his childhood and family

On Timothy's parents

>"His parents' troubled marriage ended when McVeigh was 10, and from that point on he lived mostly with his father."

On the reason for Timothy's parents' divorce

>"His [father's] staid style was a factor in the breakup of his marriage to Mildred "Mickey" McVeigh, who considered him "too domesticated," said an acquaintance of hers. "Bill's idea of a Friday night was to have a pizza, watch the ballgame and water his plants," the acquaintance said. Neighbors said Mickey McVeigh often went without her husband to bars, restaurants and clubs."

On Timothy's childhood

>"High school classmates remember him as small, thin and quiet. He became involved in school functions -- football, track, extra-curricular activities -- but after joining them, soon dropped out. He was shy, did not have a girlfriend and did not date. He did not belong to any clique, but seemed to exist on the margins."

On Timothy's home life as a child

>"Neighborhood boys noticed differences between the McVeighs' home and theirs. Adults were rarely around. Tim never had birthday parties. His chief disciplinarian was his sister Patty, only two years his senior, who summoned his friends' mothers to reprimand the boys when they got out of hand."

On Timothy's childhood after his mother left

>"after his mother moved away, McVeigh apparently changed to a quieter sort. Tanya Panepento, 26, who was a fellow student at Star Point Central High School in Lockport, recalled: "He was a quiet boy. He kept to himself. He didn't seem like he was a troublemaker or anything like that.""

>lived mostly with his father

B b but Sup Forums says that every fuck up in your life can be blamed on single moms!!!!

On young Timothy hiding his emotions

>"The testimony suggested that McVeigh used humor as a shield, keeping his emotions bottled up inside. After his parents divorced, McVeigh lived with his father"

On young Timothy's sensitivity and retreat into fantasy

>"As a young boy, McVeigh's parents, prior to their separation, fought often and fiercely, says Smith, and McVeigh was bullied at school. "I think the bullying and the painfulness of the home led him to be hypersensitive and he developed this shell to protect that." He explains, "Tim's defense against some of this probably was his excessive interest in guns." Eventually he retreated into a world of comic books and superheroes, finding comfort in fantasy. "He entertained himself throughout his childhood by creating fantasy monsters of various kinds," says Smith. "He was the warrior hero who always fought these monsters." Ultimately, Smith says, McVeigh "had the skill and finally the motivation to turn that fantasy into reality - which he did.""

On one teacher's memory of Timothy

>"A 10th grade English teacher whom he had listed as his favorite recalled [...] little about young McVeigh beyond an impression of an unremarkable student. "He was the quiet one," said the teacher, Coleen Conner. "A lot of the quiet ones are the ones who have ended up doing scary things. You never know what you have sitting in the classroom.""

On Timothy's academic ability in school

>"Tim was unusually bright, but didn't show it in high school. Teachers expressed surprise when the quiet, unmotivated boy with the mop of blond hair won a state Regents scholarship his senior year for high scores on standardized tests. "He was a boy who did well in subjects he was interested in, passably in subjects he wasn't interested in," said Harold Smith, his guidance counselor."

except he wasnt a fuck up. he did what he wanted to do pretty well

I remember reading somewhere that he had initially considered a series of high-profile assassinations against government officials rather than going for a bombing. I think that would have been a much more interesting and effective course of action, certainly public opinion of him would not have been nearly as bad and his actions might have been able to make a difference.

Because he went with the bomb and ended up killing children, he is written off by the masses as a bloodthirsty lunatic without any further examination of his motivations or intentions. I think targeted killings would have been better.

What is your opinion?

That's why mcveigh was an honest, well adjusted citizen

He's hot

> single-handily

Not quite, but i get what you are going for.

On Timothy's life leading to his joining the military

>"He lived the divorce revolution, age 10 when his parents split in 1978 for that increasingly familiar reason: They were just too different. He was an underachiever in high school, uninterested in college. He hit the job market in the mid-1980s as it ran out of room for young men with blue-collar skills. Aware of affirmative action for women and minorities, he began to feel shortchanged as a white male. He worked dead-end jobs, voiced fears of going nowhere, tried a well-trod escape route -- the Army -- but bailed out as the military downsized with the fall of communism. Like millions in his generation, he ended up back home as an adult, a man sleeping in a boy's room, headed exactly where he'd feared: nowhere."

On Timothy's behaviour in the military

>"McVeigh became a gunner on a Bradley Fighting Vehicle. He was promoted to corporal, sergeant, then platoon leader. Fellow soldiers recalled that McVeigh was very interested in military stuff, kept his own personal collection of firearms and constantly cleaned and maintained them. Other soldiers went into town to look for entertainment or companionship but McVeigh stayed on base and cleaned his guns"

On Timothy saving a fellow soldier's life

>"Rodriguez recalled how, during the 1991 gulf war, McVeigh came to the aid of a fellow soldier who was hit by shrapnel and severely wounded. McVeigh "basically saved his life," Rodriguez said."

On Timothy's lifestyle in the military

>"He drove soldiers for a fee to and from bars in nearby Junction City, but he rarely stayed, spurning alcohol and women. Instead, he read survivalist magazines and watched videos such as the 1983 Cold War fantasy "Red Dawn" -- he rented it four times -- about Midwestern high-school teenagers taking on the Soviet army."

yes, he stated that in his only interview.

seems like a pretty radical dude.

also i share a birthday with tim tim. i plan on killing myself on the day that he died too.

On one soldier's memory of Timothy

>"There were things we never knew about him because he was so much to himself, and I wonder if there must've been an emptiness there," said Anderson. "He was always the perfect soldier, uniform always perfect, and yet here's this guy who I don't know if he ever had a date. One side is outstanding and another side so lacking. It makes me think the Army filled a lot of voids, and when he no longer had the Army, he had to fill the void with something.""

On Timothy's life after leaving the military

>"By January 1992, at age 24, McVeigh was back where he had started, living with his father in Pendleton, New York, driving an old car and working as a security guard. In January 1993 McVeigh left Pendleton, and began to travel, moving himself and his belongings about in a series of battered old cars. He lived in cheap motels and trailer parks."

On Timothy's frustration at being unemployed

>"In the evenings after work, McVeigh would talk at home with his father and a fellow auto worker who often stopped by. Tim vented frustration, saying he felt he was going nowhere. He complained that he was unemployable except at jobs that paid "no money," the friend recalled -- exactly the fate the two older men had feared for their children."

What was his IQ. My guess is above average

you left out that he was awarded a fucking bronze star with a "V" device for combat valor.

>"(McVeigh's) selfless actions were key to the flawless execution of the mission, the liberation of Kuwait and the ultimate defeat of the Iraqi army. Sergeant McVeigh's flawless devotion to duty truly exemplifies the finest tradition of military service and reflects great credit upon him."

>He complained that he was unemployable except at jobs that paid "no money,"
relatable

Not sure I'm afraid.

My bad.

On Timothy's relationship with women

>"Under the entry "future plans" in his high school yearbook, McVeigh wrote: "Take it as it comes, buy a Lamborghini, California girls." Despite his reference to "California girls," McVeigh seemed uncomfortable around women, never had a girlfriend, and might have remained a virgin throughout his entire life."

On Timothy's frustrations and inability to impress women

>"Those who knew McVeigh remember him as being withdrawn. He is said to have had only one girlfriend during his childhood. He stated to journalists that he did not know how to impress girls. According to his authorized biography, "his only sustaining relief from his unsatisfied sex drive was his even stronger desire to die.” A few childhood friends described him as having been outgoing and playful as a young child, and only subsequently becoming withdrawn as an adolescent."

On Timothy's reluctance to meet women and his love for his sister

>"Fellow soldiers said McVeigh was extremely uncomfortable around women. He once showed Ayers Anderson a picture of a woman with whom his sister Jennifer wanted to set him up. "We encouraged him to follow up on it, but he seemed really awkward," Anderson said. "He just kept turning red." Jennifer was the only female McVeigh mentioned fondly, other soldiers said. Family friends said Tim loved protecting her as a child, as if it filled an emotional hole. Dilly said he used to call her often from Riley. "I remember him saying that he loved her so much," Curnutte said."

Cont...

McVeigh's IQ was assessed at 126

An antire standard deviation above average. Very high he could become a doctor with that IQ but instead was humiliated by working low end jobs despite being a war hero. No wonder he was so angry.

Cont...
_________

On Timothy's anger and failed attempts to find a girlfriend

>"The long hours in a dead-end job, the feeling that he did not have a home and his failure to establish a relationship with a woman brought McVeigh to the breaking point. He sought romance, but was rejected by his co-worker Andrea Peters and still felt nervous around women. He felt he brought too much pain to his loved ones. He grew angry and frustrated at his difficulties acquiring a girlfriend and took up obsessive gambling. Unable to pay back gambling debts, he took a cash advance and then stiffed the credit card company. He then began looking for a state without heavy government regulation or high taxes."

On Timothy's anger towards women

>"[One co-worker] also observed in McVeigh both anger and indifference toward women. A woman once passed her phone number to the co-worker, seeking a date with McVeigh. "He looked at the piece of paper and just ripped it to pieces," the co-worker recalled."

On Timothy's view of women and the family

>"McVeigh's unhappy or distorted relations with women helped fuel his rage. His mother took the active role in breaking up his parents' marriage and left her son behind with her husband. McVeigh apparently developed a wider resentment. According to Michel and Herbeck, in interviews McVeigh “would also lash out - repeatedly and emotionally - at the concept of working mothers and two-income families, which he considered a major cause of problems in American society. 'In the past thirty years, because of the women's movement, they've taken an influence out of the household,'" he told the reporters."

so he would have fit in perfectly on /r9k/ Sup Forums and /k/.

Sup Forums woulda saved his life.

sad.

this really. He sounds like the average Sup Forumsack or /r9k/ user.

On one neighbour's memory of Timothy

>"John McDermott, who with his wife, Elizabeth, lived next door to the McVeigh family in Pendleton, N.Y., from 1977 to 1984, lost his composure when defense lawyer Richard Burr asked how he felt about McVeigh. "I liked him," McDermott began. "I trusted him." Then, his face reddened, tears welled and his voice cracked. "I can't imagine him doing anything like this," he declared."

On Timothy's bedroom decoration

>"Jurors were shown a photograph of McVeigh's bedroom in the house and Burr pointed out that the sheets on the bed were decorated with the cartoon cat Garfield dressed in military fatigues. Across the courtroom, McVeigh smiled."

On Timothy's farewell to his childhood friend

>"McVeigh dissociated himself from his boyhood friend, Steve Hodge, by sending a 23-page farewell letter to him"

This guy seems like an Sup Forumsack for sure.

There are some very high IQ people on this board that lurk and post here from time to time.

Funny how this dude is somewhat relatable to me in some aspects... freaky.

Yeah, he probably would have dropped some crazy LOLbombs on the daily. We are truly at the loss here.

Not trying to /r9k/ here, but women don't want a smart man, they want a man who is subservient and can be controlled and manipulated.

Ouch. I never cared enough to get a girl until just now but I can relate. I don't really try hard enough so I know what I can do but I don't put myself out there.

On Timothy’s letter from prison expressing his love for Star Trek

>”Lest you think I'm only a mindless cartoon addict, I will admit that I am a Star Trek junkie, too. (Whenever one of this unit's "panic alarms" goes off—I start screaming: "Red Alert! Shields up!" ) (Hey! It gives me something to do! A man has to exercise his vocal cords on something!)”

On Timothy’s favorite movies

>”That was the only bright spot this May: In a span of 4 days, I saw Unforgiven, Forrest Gump, and The Rock (All on my "Top Ten Movies" list.)”

On Timothy’s thoughts about the movies shown in prison

>”Fuckin' prison and AMC! I've been waiting for someone to air Planet of the Apes since I got here. Well, the prison decides (via prisoner polls) to drop AMC for USA network about a month ago. About a week after the switch, AMC features not only Planet of the Apes, but the whole series: Battle for; Conquest of; Beneath; Escape! D'oh!! Missed it all! How do you turn a fox into a cow? Marry her! Later, Tim”

Last ones folks. Hope the thread was interesting.

On Timothy's father's attempt to defend his son from the death penalty

>"His father brought a 10 1/2-minute videotape into the courtroom. The painfully shy William McVeigh did not look at the jury or his son. He stared at the floor as the jurors watched scenes of life in the McVeigh family in Pendleton, N.Y. Afterward, defense lawyer Richard Burr showed the jury a five-year-old photograph of the smiling and laughing father and son standing arm-in-arm in the kitchen of their small family home. "Is the Tim that we see in this picture the Tim that you know?" asked Burr. "I believe so," the father answered. "Do you love the Tim in this picture?" "Yes, I love Tim." "Do you love the Tim in this courtroom?" "Yes, I do." "Do you want him to stay alive?""Yes, I do.""

On Timothy's final moments alive

>""When Brown caught sight of McVeigh, the killer was dressed in a white shirt and khaki pants, an IV already inserted in his right leg. Warden Harley Lappin, standing with his arms crossed, almost at attention, asked McVeigh if he had any final words. There was a one-minute pause. McVeigh's head remained fixed, his eyes still staring in the camera, rarely blinking. "He could not see us, but I was pretty sure he knew what window he was looking into," Brown said. "He looked toward us first -- nonchalant, like -- and then nodded at his attorneys." […] minutes before McVeigh took his final breath, he raised his head, strained his neck slightly and tried to acknowledge everyone who would watch him die. Once Lappin issued the order to proceed with the execution, McVeigh swallowed hard. His eyes moved slightly from side to side. His chest moved up and down, and his lips twice puffed air out, as if he were trying to maintain consciousness."

I saw a documentary online where they interviewed the kids Mc Veigh used to babysit, some neighbor's kids. They said he was the best babysitter they ever had, he used to set up big star wars scenarios and play with star wars toys and spaceships with the kids. They really seemed to have found memories of him.

it was, thanks.

good thread. Interesting

thanks

Fascinating thread, good job.

>On Timothy's life after leaving the military
>>"By January 1992, at age 24, McVeigh was back where he had started, living with his father in Pendleton, New York, driving an old car and working as a security guard. In January 1993 McVeigh left Pendleton, and began to travel, moving himself and his belongings about in a series of battered old cars. He lived in cheap motels and trailer parks."

military fucked him up, so he fucked us up.

>www.youtube.com/embed/CVl6mwtLrsk
youtube.com/embed/CVl6mwtLrsk

I fail

>he began to feel shortchanged as a white male. He worked dead-end jobs, voiced fears of going nowhere, tried a well-trod escape route -- the Army -- but bailed out as the military downsized with the fall of communism. Like millions in his generation, he ended up back home as an adult, a man sleeping in a boy's room, headed exactly where he'd feared: nowhere."

One of us

youtube.com/watch?v=YcJEG_uQF9M

Yea because he was an autist. He has no one to blame for under achieving other than himself.

>Not trying to /r9k/ here, but women don't want a smart man, they want a man who is subservient and can be controlled and manipulated.
|No they dont you faggot. They want to be dominated, subconsciously. They don't like it but like it at the same time. No woman respects a subservient man that they can use and manipulate.

Jesus christ man get your head outta your ass

Seemed kinda normal

At least kill some normies with you. Tim would want that

Thanks bud. Watching a documentary on him now on jewtube

He was the highest killing 25mm gunner in the Gulf War and got a Bronze Star for it. That's definitely achieving something.

In middle school, probably the same year this went down, I had to do a project.

I was pretty edgy in middle school so I used a ton of photos of Timothy McVeigh, pictures of explosions, and pictures of popular media (south park, current celebs, etc).

The teacher gave me a good grade etc. but I sometimes wonder what she thought.

Bump. It feels strange to see a thread on Sup Forums intended for educational purposes since election season started.

I thought he read a poem or something as his last words.

McVeigh is still alive
youtu.be/Vgfi1QZILxk?t=54m48s

I'm in the military and had a civilian instructor that was in the military with Tim during desert storm. In front of our entire class he said that I reminded him of McVeigh. It wasn't disparaging.

>Michigan Militia

For one short moment in time - saying you from Michigan let others know you meant business

>only interview

Link to what you're talking about?

bampu
>bampu
bampu

Typical government patsy

Yeah right Sup Forums woulda driven him insane.

i only ever found it once in 2007, its been removed mostly. just look up mcveigh interview.

>In March 1995, MOM's newsletter, Taking Aim, reprinted a lengthy letter from Richard John ("Wayne") Snell, a convicted murderer of an Arkansas State Trooper and a pawn shop owner, asserting that his coming execution related to a series of Arkansas scandals allegedly connected with President Bill Clinton, in which twenty-five victims were said to have met strange deaths. Snell was to die, according to MOM, because he "was and still is heavily involved in exposing Clinton for his trail of blood to the White House."[6]

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Very dignified way to depart this mortal coil.

REMINDER: The piece of shit this thread is about killed 168 people including 19 children.

HE should of done high profile assassinations. But you're a daft cunt if you don't see why he did what he did. Was it wrong? Yes. But I understand it. Not justifiable but I get it.

Thanks for the interesting thread. A nice break from the almost constant douchebaggery on this board.

kids died at Waco. everyone shook it off as a mass suicide, despite the fact that almost all the women and children were in the only part of the building that had survived a previous fire at the compound. the only flammable material in that part that wasnt furniture was the cs gas that the federal government pumped in. it happens.

I watched it about as long ago and haven't been able to find it either.

I remember it being fascinating to hear him talk about just how much planning went into what he did. He had the minutest details mapped out and considered so many different variables, but somehow let one as blatant as a license plate lead to his capture.

who was helping him and why is more interesting, they're just as guilty and evaded justice which suggests it was their plot, Mcveigh was a patsy obviously

Must read: Gore Vidal article about his correspondence with McVeigh

vanityfair.com/news/2001/09/mcveigh200109

>it happens.

usually on a day dedicated to Moloch when a Clinton is in the white house

ITT a pretty ordinary kid happens to do something bad

>his parents are divorced and fought before
>he was quiet and didnt belong to cliques
>he showed no signs of being a troublemaker
>he had a self-deprecating sense of humor
>he was bright but an underachiever

Who gives a shit

In a building where most of the ATF didnt show up for work that day.
Just the childcare unit was open because all the hens showed up for work.

>having guns on base
This makes me ree so hard that I can't have guns on base.

Really makes you HMMMM

What is the significance of this picture?

Exactly, why should he be the only one doing the only thing we can do as a people to liberate us from corruption?

He was pissed there are so many ignorant and cowardly people in the world.

Was he a government plant to execute a false flag?

the government looked the other way when he was planning because it would benefit them.

he didn't know about the children, after ruby ridge and Waco he wanted to get even with atf

thats the ryder truck that tim used

Remember when Timmy showed up at W.Coopers residence.

Yeah big time, several bombs other people involved, cover up and so forth.

what the fuck he did? I've heard the broadcasts where Cooper talked about waco and Mcveigh

There was something i read a long time ago, timmy and some other guy showed up and they talked about brain implants or some weird shit like that, Cooper just told them to leave.

Relations to the CIA/other letter agencies?
Any of their projects or operations?
Family connections to the government or military?

Here is information you didn't know. Before he went to Oklahoma City, He visited William Cooper in Eagar Arizona and he was John Doe #2, Michael Brescia and he showed Bill his "shoulder implant" said that he was hired by the US govt to carry out a "special" operation that would protect the Country from internal enemies and he had full sanction from higher ups in the military to execute the event.

youtube.com/watch?v=XNY0dH7dztQ

last one

hybristerotica.tumblr.com/tagged/tmcveigh

R.i.p. WC

>implying OKC wasn't done by the government

youtube.com/watch?v=vHDIhxeMOcI

watch this shit faggot

I'm more interested in the community surrounding and supporting him in the lead-up to the bombing. Elohim City or something like that? The feds didn't want to dig too deep apparently.

Thanks OP.

He almost accidentally ran over a guy I know in an AZ hotel parking lot. It happened not too long before the OKC incident.

rense.com/general2/truth.htm

huh well I found this too.... bizarre