How is Sony Pictures not bankrupt yet?

How is Sony Pictures not bankrupt yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/08/sony-earnings-first-quarter-2017-profit-pictures-loss-1202139876/
variety.com/2017/biz/asia/sony-2016-17-results-1202402401/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its from sony? That makes so much sense...

>
because they make money

>How is Sony Pictures not bankrupt yet?
They can't, because Playstation is still paying the bills. Most recent quarter, Playstation brought in 160.1 million profit.

In that same quarter, Sony Pictures LOST 86.2 million.

granted, this doesn't include the earnings from Homecoming, but it doesn't change the fact that Sony Pictures movies that they made themselves are losing money.

deadline.com/2017/08/sony-earnings-first-quarter-2017-profit-pictures-loss-1202139876/

Because they're going to make money off of this?

>Because they're going to make money off of this?
Between April 2016 to March 2017, Sony Pictures lost 719 million dollars.
variety.com/2017/biz/asia/sony-2016-17-results-1202402401/

And they lost 86.2 million dollars, 3 months later.

Emoji movie isn't going to cover that kind of losses even when it makes money.

Homecoming will likely make a lot of money, but since Sony didn't make it, it meant Sony Pictures was unnecessary for that profit. Sony Japan would be better off selling Sony Pictures while keeping Marvel on for Homecoming.

with some luck the japanese will gut sony pictures.
I wonder at what point the us goverment will start to rescue this studios, cultural dominance its important after all.

Most of their divisions have been profitable for years. They've been making bank on selling insurance too.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Emoji Movie The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical social sciences most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also The Meh Emoji's forced pessimistic but subtle, deeply optimistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the Emoji Movie truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Meh Emoji's personal existential crisis, which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons.

I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Tony Leondis' genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a poop emoji tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

>Most of their divisions have been profitable for years. They've been making bank on selling insurance too.
That has nothing to do with what they have been doing to stay profitable; cutting dead weight.

And currently Sony Pictures is dead weight, and will need to be cut.

SPE makes money with TV.

It's really just the movies that shit on everything.

To explain, this is what it looks like right now:

Sony pictures earned 488 million three years ago, earned 341 million dollars two years ago, and lost 719 million last year.

And for half a year now, they lost 86,2+160.1= 246.3 million dollars.

They will earn money for Homecoming and Emoji next quarter. But that still haven't gotten them out of their current hole.

Thanks T.J., get back to killing your unfunny (((self))). Put me in the screencrap

I'm afraid it will take a few more failed cinematic universe launch attempts...

>Popeye died for this

>I'm afraid it will take a few more failed cinematic universe launch attempts...
Dark Tower is next, followed by Jumanji2. We will see how they go.

sony still makes a profit. i think its around 300m a year.

theres more to the business than box office.sony distributes these movies on tv, they get paid to make originals for other studios (the queen, outlander, preacher, etc.), they own jeopardy and wheel of fortune, they have an amazing music business, they have the best film lot in LA, and rent out their soundstages all the time, they have lucrative tv networks around the world, such as india, where they own the rights for broadcastig cricket (or whatever is the popular sport over there), and thats just entertainment. sony also has a huge insurance company sector in japan, and also of course electronics.

>sony still makes a profit. i think its around 300m a year.
NOT Sony Pictures.I already told you, They lost money last year, and they are still losing money this year.

>Female programmer good enough to be a hacker
>Eh this would never happen but whatever
>Get to one of her lines where she says "men are always stealing the achievements of women"
What was the moment you guys walked out of the theater?

PS4 sales

once console dies for real sony will die too

>
>
What did they mean by this?

None, because I was there to see how shitty it was in the first place. If I had to pick a moment to leave, it was the youtube app scene because of how badly it dated the movie concidering PPAP was a meme literally a year ago. I was laughing at how cringe it was though

>once console dies for real
People have been saying that for a while.