Putting aside whether or not it was good or bad...

Putting aside whether or not it was good or bad, is it fair to say this movie rode Dark Knight Returns' dick harder than even Civil War rode... well, Civil War's dick?

Yeah but in the wrong kinda way. Where as Civil War did actually adapt the story to function for their movie. BVS more adapted the movie to function as a Dark Knight Returns movie.

My hopes for the DC universe from the get go was, no Dark Knight Returns movie, no Death of Superman/Doomsday movie and no Batman v Superman movie. All three of those things are out of the way now so i'm optimistic where things could go.

BvS was actually a deconstruction of dark knight returns. Everything is done backwards. Superman redeems Batman. It shows the necessity of Superman in Batman's life by showing just how bad Batman can get without him. I really liked it, and it shows how much Snyder does care for Superman, despite people claiming the opposite.

>It shows the necessity of Superman in Batmans life by showing just how bad Batman can get without him
What the fuck are you talking about?

It was shit

In one of the scenes there is a white coffee cup filled with coffee.
Think about it. The darkness can only be useful when it was surrounded by the light.
It had to be contained and kept in check in order for it to be cooled down for someone to drink it.
Next to it was a splash of coffee on the desk, showing what happens when the dark isn't kept in check inside the coffee cup.
Snyder planned everything! He is a genius.

Now you know how Snyder fags see the world.

Wasnt it proved that Zack Snyder didnt even read TDKR?

Of course Hack Synder chooses the edgiest of Batman incarnations to base a movie off of. One that only worked in a very small specific situation and time period.

I bet Snyder jerked off to that scene.

only thing he cares about is releasing the movie on time and christian imagry

>and christian imagry

This argument will always show the ignorance of the poster that says it.

Its sun god imagery, not christian. At least not in this movie, for fucks sake Lex literally call him apollo.

No

Fuck, I'm gonna use that to annoy Snyderfans.

It makes sense in the context of the film.

Batman's entire MO is a myopic view on humanity. That you can be scary enough that villains will go "maybe I shouldn't do bad things" out of fear. Only it causes an escalation and it pushes Batman closer to the abyss.

Batman is so far into the abyss that he is ready, and willing, to kill a man who had done nothing but good.

Superman basically served as an example to Batman. Showed him the light.

In terms of theme and story, BvS flips nearly every element of Dark Knight Returns on its head and pretty much drastically changes everything it stands for.

There's a reason why in the end Superman ultimately won in the movie. Batman is the reactionary stooge in this story, not Superman. The movie can almost be read entirely as a rebuttal to DKR.

>Myopic
Was that on your word calendar today?

Ha, didn't realize someone already made this exact post.

>I can't refute your argument so I'll accuse of trying too hard by using words that literally appear in Harry Potter books

Fuck off retard.

Hey I know you. You really like DCEU threads huh?

This is a pretty basic observation my dude.

>Implying I was trying to argue with you at all on the subject
Uhuh. You can like these movies, Im just pointing out you're talking like a pretentious faggot regardless

Why did super detective, because Batman, Batman figure out he was being played by Luthor earlier?
Why did Luthor create that cave troll/Balrog thing?
Why was that even possible to do?
Why does Supes constantly look like he doesn't even want to save people?

>Sixth grade level english
>To advanced to be part of someone's normal vocabulary

Right.

This my first thread and first posts, go easy one me senpai

>*didn't super detective

At the end of the day you're the retard who thinks myopic is a big pretentious word.

That wasn't me,

This is me.

I can see why you would accuse someone of a word a day. Hint: That's not how you use pretentious, retard.

In order:
Luthor is playing on Batman's paranoia and grief.

As a means to destroy Superman should Batman fail.

Because the plot said it was possible. (He used the birthing chamber)

Superman's core character arc in the story is that he is frightened by his role in the world and even simple acts such as saving a girl from a burning building brings unintended and worrying consequences. (Large crowds of people worshipping him like a God.)

These are dumb questions.

I'm angry at how right you are.

Kind of, if you mean that time he says Batman shoots a thug there but then the actual comic shows he shot the wall next to said thug to scare him.

Now I remember we got some dumb spear in water instead of one-armed Ollie.

>christian imagry
Only 2 scenes of it in Mos, the church scene & the cross pose in space, its really not that important to him.

>The entire reason we don't get young Superman and we has to wait until he's 33 to put on the cape
>not that important

Go back to throwing tantrums about Mary Sues.You'd have a stronger case there, barely.

Hello my friend.

if there is a specific scene in a movie where they focus on someone pouring cream into their coffee it is likely that it was planned and has specific meaning regardless of it's significance.

It is the same reason why J.D. Salinger included passages about Holden stumbling on a rock while walking down the road. It's rare that something is entirely meaningless and that they were sloppily included because the director just really wanted to film a scene of Batman preparing his coffee.

I hope this has prepared you for Critical Analysis 101.

>Go back to throwing tantrums about Mary Sues

What the fuck are you even talking about?

That's because Civil War ( The comic) was awful and every character in it was in full retard mode.

There is no such thing as a "Snyderfag". It's just that your autism doesn't allow you to comprehend people having opinions that differ from your own. Don't they offer medication for that shit these days?

The Imagery is not important.

You missed the point by so much I'm not even sure you didn't just respond to the wrong post on the wrong thread in the wrong board, when you meant to log in to reddit.

I'll try and spell it out a bit better for you. Snyderfags are on the same level of delusion as chemtrailer conspiracy theorists.

Snyder sets up scenes. He finds a pretty picture then he finds a way to make that scene appear in the movie. He will have symbolism thrown about, like the Excalibur movie and constant Jesus parallels to Superman.
That's fine. But symbolism and referencing do not take center stage because decent story structure and competently written characters didn't make it into the final script.

Snyderfags don't care though. Because symbolism is the only thing in the movie that works. It parallels parts of the story and it references classic paintings. Because it is their last thread to hang on to, they cling to it for dear life and will insist that everything is fine when they really just need to let go.

You probably said it better. It's a pretty simple conclusion yet it still baffles people. I think that part is the most hilarious.

>and constant Jesus parallels to Superman.
But that made for only 2 minutes of a 140 minute movie plus one line of dialogue.
>because decent story structure
Mos's story structure was 100% fine except MAYBE Jor retelling us what we already know about Krypton.
>and competently written characters
Not a fucking thing wrong with the character writing.

>Snyder sets up scenes. He finds a pretty picture then he finds a way to make that scene appear in the movie.
This meme is repeated often but where's the proof other than your paranoid delusions? He makes pretty pictures OUT of the scenes he wants to make. He decides the basic plot, the script
writer adds in the finer details, and then Snyder puts it into motion. Isn't that how all movies go?

>the necessity of Superman in Batman's life
They improve each other sure but they can function almost as well without.

Pretty sure he's talking about the parrots who spout the same shit about the "greatness" of Snyder.
Maybe you weren't browsing back in April or something, don't be upset you don't get it when everyone else does.

>Not a fucking thing wrong with the character writing.
>MARTHA!
>Lex's rambling incoherent speech at his own event
>I'll just toss this spear in the water for a minute. Better go back and get it.
>Lex sets up Batman to want to fight Superman, without planning on Batman getting the Kryptonite. He's setting a human against what he considers to be a god/devil
>Why did you say that name?!

Yes we know that.
But it was stupid to have in a film.

We understood your shitty movie we just thought it was fucking stupid.

Its not a pretentious word a little uncommon sure but its perfectly fine.

Im almost completly sure he did not read all star superman.

He read watchmen of course but probably only once despite it benefiting from repeat readings more then prehapes any other comic.

So this is a thing i didn't understand:
>Batman acknowledges that Superman has parents during his "i bet your parents teached this..." speech.
>He acts surprised when Supes mentions his mother.
Can someone explain this?

>Snyderfags actually believe this
Sad really. Just admit the movie was shit, we'll never get better if people keep defending this trash.

>Not a fucking thing wrong with the character writing.
The sad thing is thats largly true for superman.
This superman made sense with the pa kent in man of steel. Its just that mos pa kent was fucking shit.

And then in bvs they go and make him look fucking incompetent with the flood fuckup.

>MARTHA!
>Why did you say that name?!
All perfectly in line with a person whose parent's death drives his day to day existence.
>Lex's rambling incoherent speech at his own event
He is fucking insane.
>>I'll just toss this spear in the water for a minute. Better go back and get it.
She thought it best to hide it in case anyone comes by.
Once she sees Doomsday she figures the spear could be of use against it considering how deadly it was to Clark.
>>Lex sets up Batman to want to fight Superman, without planning on Batman getting the Kryptonite. He's setting a human against what he considers to be a god/devil
He wanted Clark to kill Batman initially so the world could see Superman with actual murder on his hands. But once Batman stole the Kryptonite it became clear Batman might have a chance and so he created Doomsday as his back up plan.

>This superman made sense with the pa kent in man of steel. Its just that mos pa kent was fucking shit.
Considering the needs of the many outway the needs of the few doesn't make him shit, it makes him a responsible human being.
>And then in bvs they go and make him look fucking incompetent with the flood fuckup.
What the fuck are you talking about?
He could be hovering trying to figure out how to transport people.

He pictured his parents as alien detached gods who would use humanity as their playthings just like he believed Clark to be doing.
Once it was known his mother has a very distinct human name, it clicked with him that Clark was raised on earth and cares for humans like everyone else.

good

Why are Snyderfags so desperate to defend his shitty movies? Do you really think the movies are too complex for people to understand? Do you think that if you "explain" enough crap that you'll change peoples minds?
>casuals hated it
>comic fans hated it
>critics hated it
Move on fags....you already lost. You're never going to convince a single person that the movies are actually masterpieces because of some symbolism or stupid plot point you think people didn't get.

The movies are simple as fuck, they're not deep, they're not kino, hell they aren't even good. They are objectively bad movies and the sooner you accept that the sooner you can stop wasting your time desperately trying to convince anonymous people on a fucking cartoon board that his films are actually good....they just didn't understand something. Everyone understood 99% of the movie.....it was just all stupid as fuck.

Have you actually ever read TDKR? BvS has literally nothing in common with it except that Batman and Superman fight.

>All perfectly in line with a person whose parent's death drives his day to day existence.

>If there is even a 1% chance
>Nevermind, we besties now. #Superfriends4life

>He is fucking insane.
He's a rambling idiot that somehow masterminded and manipulated his way to getting complete access to the Kryptonian ship. Yet when we see him he can't even give a speech for an event he planned, think about that. He set the whole thing up. Even got a writer for the sports column to come in and meet the great Bruce Wayne. Such a monumental event, yet he's completely stumbling over his own words. If only he was shown to be a smooth talking planner like the story NEEDS HIM TO BE

>Once she sees Doomsday she figures the spear could be of use against it
Why would she think that? Why would she hide it in the immediate area?

>the world could see Superman with actual murder on his hands
By having him kill a lawless vigilante who mutilates people before sending them to prison to get beaten to death.

Seriously, how far gone do you have to find this acceptable?

>why do people have opinions that differ from mine!? BAWWW

>Snyderfag saying someone else has autism
I know you people can't understand irony but come on.

>He won't agree with the hivemind, I know I'll call him a "Snyderfag" because I don't have any real arguments

>yeah that'll show em!

>h..here I go!

1.) Your forcing us to discuss it because YOU can't just let us enjoy it and discuss it without bringing your hate into it.
2.) No its not complex, but people still blatantly lie or misrepresent aspects of the film constantly.
3.) No one but those "kino" retards believe the non relevant symbolism has anything to do with its greatness.

Give it up. It's objectively a high quality movie. No amount of memes will change this.

Maybe I had to be there to get it, but I've never understood why people even liked The Dark Knight Returns. It provides such shit portrayals of both Batman and Superman.

>unironically uses the term hivemind to refer to people that see Snyder for the hack he is

Still butthurt that you couldn't understand the masterpiece?

>zero sense of self awareness or free thought.

>1.)
>2.)
>3.)
go back to DC_Cinematic

>>Nevermind, we besties now. #Superfriends4life
No he just wasn't going to let a innocent woman die.
>Why would she think that?
Because it carved into her bulletproof boyfriend's face.

>memes
WHY DID YOU SAY THAT WORD???? WHYYYY.....you pointing out their memes actually just triggered my ptsd.

What the fuck?.....now love MoS, BvS and Snyder. see how fucking stupid it is

It had a good portrayal of Bruce Wayne though. For me at least.

Actually at work today, I was talking to some sports dude and he didn't get it.
Then some girl interjected and told us it tried catering to both comic fans and normalfags.
Most people don't understand 99% of the movie, they didn't even get why Batman and Superman were fighting and thought it was stupid.

>or free thought.
You fucking Snyderfags are too much. It's actually pretty sad. You legitimately believe that everyone apart from yourselves is too stupid to understand the movie. That's incredibly pathetic.

>now love MoS, BvS and Snyder.

Now that you've posted it you have to like them. You can't undo it, mate! THE BELL CANNOT BE UNRUNG!

>tfw faggots will forever be mad and unable to do anything about me loving BvS Ultimate Edition

Feels fucking great phams

mmm not really. Aesthetically and imagery wise, yes. However doomsday was never in TDKR, and injustice's plot and darkseid were never in TDKR either

snyder just likes taking aesthetics and imagery from multiple sources without it meaning anything or having any of it be anything of substance

You gonna cry about it? Hey, look at this.

kino

Oh no! Now what? I've said the trigger word! Go back to your safe space. No one can stop people from liking this masterpiece.

>they didn't even get why Batman and Superman were fighting and thought it was stupid.
Superman was blackmailed and Batman was tricked....it was fucking stupid.
>Most people don't understand 99% of the movie
It still fucking amazes me that you people legitimately believe the movie is 2deep4u. It's really fucking not.

>that story totally happened
I bet you've got a super hot girlfriend in Canada as well huh?

Snyderfags
Snyderfags
Snyderfags

Blah blah blah. Not everyone gives a shit about your autistic obsession with this director. Sorry.

>masterpiece
Funny and sad in a 30/70 split that you fags actually believe this.

I am in Canada actually, but sadly no super hot girlfriend.
it just randomly came up when we were doing some laundry. Low-wage summer job gig at a big exhibit.

you're being played with

superkino

yup and thats why it sucked. Why the hell would they use a separate random variant of batman that is nothing like the traditional caped crusader? I may be alone here but I would have liked to see the nonlethal batman for this cinematic universe.

>why did they use the single most influential batman to inform the character?

no it doesnt you idiot, it literally shows the BLOOD on the wall from being shot

also he kills Joker earlier anyway

Civil War basically had nothing to do with the comics, so it's pretty much the same.

>an Elseworlds that loses all significance without the previous 50+ years of stories to properly inform it

>>casuals hated it

Casuals loved it though, it's selling blurays like mad

Strange how the "blood" is everywhere except the bullet hole.

Except when it is. Dawn of cape kino. Based Snyder. Y'all have been dickriding symbolism train far too much to pretend it never happened now.

that's because you are too dumb to put away your characterfag glasses and see the comic in an unbiased way

you are just like the people that can only remember the superman fight and bitch about it

Actually yes. Why did they, when they didn't use the single most influential Superman or Wonder Woman?

this, this movie was clearly made by a superfag to portray Batman in a bad light
from the nonsensical reasons for a fight
from Batman sounding more like an elseworld Luthor than the actual Luthor

Never attribute to malice what you can to incompetence. It's far more likely it was made by an idiot that didn't get Superman, Batman OR Luthor.

>B- CinemaScore
>couldn't even make 900 million
Just because it's top of the DVD sales doesn't mean shit considering we don't have any actual numbers. It literally could've sold 100 copies but since nothing else has come out recently those 100 sales give it top spot.

900M is actually a lot, it's the highest grossing Superman film ever and the second of Batman, and this all with the whole critic industry saying that it was worse than having literal cancer.

>hurr just because it's selling blurays it doesn't mean it's selling blurays
I don't know why do you guys get so triggered about this movie but tone it down, it's cringy as fuck

because it's shit and we actual fans wanted a good movie
I understand you care about this movie just to be a contrarian and assert your individuality by going against what the majority things but please tone it down

well hey, the movie also takes heavily from the golden age as well, with the dkr making the backbone of it all
they did

i casually went to the movie and got surprised by it
"actual fans"
"there are no holes in my perspective, i see it all, including how you guys don't quality as being what i am, an actual fan"
fucking hell, the way contrarian gets thrown around here is meaningless

what's the fucking point of even being here

You've apparently never actually read any Golden Age stuff or TDKR if you think BvS is anything like them.