HE'S ON ME

>HE'S ON ME

>I'm on him.

Was this dogfight kino ? What other movies have great air battles? Please no meme shit like Top Gun

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qlBXbJ-fMgo
youtube.com/watch?v=LVXOyklW4Ps
youtube.com/watch?v=4ui8LUFNjMM
youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
youtube.com/watch?v=nZZ504TGDpE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Red Tails

>He's on me, Done!
>And I'm on him, Kirk
Holy shit.

Bravo!

>that cheeky wingtip salute from the stuka after it shoots down the spitfire

How many normies actually spotted that

Battle of Britain has very good aerial scenes, Hell's Angels as well.
The more modern the movies the worse the aerial scenes. They don't bother putting in the budget for actual scenes so it's full of mediocre CGI with toy plane physics.

The Battle of Britain is my favourite film.

Beautifully filmed, stellar cast etc. (Olivier, Jurgens, Michael Caine, even a young Ian McShane) Its the only kino-tier film on the subject and Ridley Scott is an idiot for thinking he can make a better film, I'm calling it now.

The aerial scenes are amazing. To get the German bombers to Britain for filming they had to fly them over Paris in formation, apparently the French were not very amused. Not that they did anything about it...as usual.

youtube.com/watch?v=qlBXbJ-fMgo

Band Of Brothers is the worst, great series but god damn the awful cringey cgi

On a side note, this is another film women will not understand. Saw it with my wife and afterwards I mentioned the dogfights were pretty amazing. She asked me what a dogfight was she didn't remember any dogs.

Dunno why I go to movies like this with her.

>I'll be Dunkirk, sir

>She asked me what a dogfight was she didn't remember any dogs

>I can almost dunk 'er from from here

>Not that they did anything about it...as usual.
Va te faire enculer

There was only one quip in the entire movie, what the fuck. When Soldier was all alone on the Mole and the officers offered him a place with them.

That's not a quip

I know really, there is a Free French pilot in the film actually. Also some meme-tier Poles.

youtube.com/watch?v=LVXOyklW4Ps

What did they say?

That scene with the Poles cracks me up every time even if I've seen it countless times.

Not war stuff, but if you like aerial shenanigans there's The Great Waldo Pepper: youtube.com/watch?v=4ui8LUFNjMM

Nolan Battle of Britain film when?

>Ridley Scott is an idiot for thinking he can make a better

He's making a Battle of Britain film? mhmmmm

>Is the boy alt-right?
>No he's Dunnhier

Was the alt-right so prominent during WW2? And was the Dunnhier clan such a famous adversary of the alt-right?

Was this just green lit because of Dunirk? Will we see a huge resurgence of WW2 in media?

God damn, she must suck dick like a champ though.

"It's us officers or the enemy and now is not the time to be particular" or something along those lines
More of a dad joke than a quip

Unfortunatel Ridley "Hack" Scott is making the BoB film, so no Nolan kino dogfights for us again.

The millennial audience never experienced it so even Call Of Duty is going back to ww2

Is the Spitfire the single sexiest plane ever created?

Millennials aren't children they're like 22-35.

You're going to summon the yanks and their gaudy looking planes

The Final Countdown [1980] has some pretty realistic air combat. (Aside from the obvious mismatch)

The Navy brass almost had a fit watching it back afterwards as a Tomcat almost falls out of the sky.

The French do have many feats under their belt
But they only seem to recognize their individuals and channel that into some misplaced feeling of being better
>Marie curie, a pole, disrespected all her life until she got 2 novels
>napoleon, of Corsica, a culturally not-really-french island
Only two that come to mind but those arguably the most famous "French" imo

Nope

Fucking phone turned Nobel into novel

>not the corsair

Its not the sexiest but it is iconic
As iconic as the tiger
I think sexiest plane goes to the su37 terminator
Or frankly any modern sukhoi jet
All their planes are fucking gorgeous

I've always found Yak3's to be pretty sexy for something out of Russia but are usually forgotten

This movie fucking sucked. Nolan ran out of ideas, or has sold out to political propaganda, or just dumbed it down for the lowes common denominator to increase profits. Shit man it was so fucking boring. And I rarely get bored when I watch even the stupides flicks.

>americans

Why didn't Nolan show a SINGLE German soldier in this film?

The gun fire in the beginning has no face to it, nor do any pilots in the planes, nor do those soldiers firing at the boat the lads are hiding out in.

We see them at the end, blurred out as Hardy is captured.

What was Nolan's reason for this? It feels so weird that not a single German is shown.

>implying Top Gun's dogfights weren't the shit

P-51 is normie tier, but then again so is the spitfire, corsair is approaching true taste, but if your favourite ww2 aircraft isn't exceptionally ugly with a questionable combat record and low production numbers you're basically a faggot.

Pic related

no germans
no non-whites
no women
no politics
no CGI
no characters
no dialogue

nolan imposed all these things on himself. he has built on dogme 95 with a $150m budget. truly a visionary.

see Didnt take too long but you are all wrong, pic related

ew

>why didn't he show the germans except for that time he showed the germans

Shit talking OP from above.
I will also say that if you look at the last 1000 years overall, the French were really the main military power in Europe for most of that period and more than that, were genuinely good at it, tactically, strategically and technologically in a way that Germany and Britain were not so consistently.

Problem is you're only as good as your last war/empire which gives us a slightly skewed perspective now.

I won't saying anything nice about the French ever again obviously but credit where its due.

it does at the end you shmuck

Yeah, but the Griffon Spitfire

Surely you mean the clipped wing spitfire, right user?

>the jacket
>the mask
>crashing German planes with no survivors
>getting caught being part of his plan
>the fire rising

There's no way that Dunkirk can be interpreted as anything other than a Bane origin story

all that AND it's made of balsa wood

Funny way of spelling F-104 Starfighter

>that flyby in silence when his engine cuts out

K I N O

God tier

More like crippled wing spitfire. I guess he rolls better though.
And here comes the field workers slicer

Why are you so butthurt?

Jew nose, fat tail, generic bubble canopy, these are some of the ugliest Spitfires. Mk I and Mk 9 before they gave it a pointy rudder are the best looking.

Yanks have no concept of aesthetics

Maybe you are, I'd let it slice me anytime.

I have a hard-on for the F-16. It is THE essential fighter jet

This was something I really appreciated. Much like the limited dialogue, the lack of time spent on the Germans put the focus squarely on the characters. The story's about them, so that's all we focus on. Really liked this desu.

That's not the ME-262

>all the women in the film sounded like actual english females and didn't have any weird "what americans hear when they think of english accents" accents

Not that they did anything about it...as usual.

LA QUEQUE!

Yup. Here's mine.

Agreed, it's great.

Repeat please?

I was so worried he's gonna crash. Of course a POW camp isn't a happy ending, but I was glad he didn't die.

I see you're a man of refined taste as well

youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
It was kino on land, air AND sea nibba

hi Comett

The germans are just a force of death and evil in this film, they are not soldiers or men, simply an unstoppable means of death. There is no surrendering to them or fighting back, only death awaits British soldiers if they meet the "enemy"

When the movie comes out on Blu-ray I'm going to change the music to TDKR intro and have Bane voice-over him.

>I'm going down
>They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!

millennials are anyone born from 1980-1995 give or take a few years

Stukas have been my favorite plane ever since I bought a WW2 planes book in Grade 2. The sound of the siren in the IMAX was euphoric.

youtube.com/watch?v=nZZ504TGDpE