Hopefully this will be a hit so DC can bring Batman back to form. I'm so sick of edgelord Bats

Hopefully this will be a hit so DC can bring Batman back to form. I'm so sick of edgelord Bats.

>le funny, campy, meme batman
it's shit and almost ruined the character

you realize OP was just baiting you right
still, after all the praise BatB gets, I feel like Sup Forums genuinely has Comics Code sympathizers

Brave and the bold was pretty much Oneil batman tho. at least in parts

It looked nothing like O'Neills run.

one L
i always do that

Not bait. Edgelord Bats is played out now.

>Being such a pleb you genuinely hate the version of Batman who's friends with Superman and uses his parents death as fuel not to fall further into darkness but to rise above as a beacon of hope in a decrepit city.

This and Lego Batman. We need a second Silver Age.

Shitty meme batman and edgy batman are not the only two batmen.

You're not describing meme batman.

Name 5 instances of edgelord in the past 5 years.

Alan Moore, go to bed.

>You're not describing meme batman.
>Adam West Batman
>Silver Age Batman

>Meme Batman

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>implying

Animation as bad as DC's latest direct to dvd movies plus a pair of walking corpses who sound like they need to be put back on their ventilators after ever line they deliver

Sure feels like it has success written all over it

>>Adam West Batman
>>Silver Age Batman
Two very different things.

Silver age was for kids because of the CCA.
Meme TV Batman was always ironic. It was having a laugh at Batman.
it's for normies

>Meme Batman
>Meme

You have to be 18 to post here kid.

A Batman Rocksteady game based on the 66 series?

NO U

>Best Batman is meme Batman
Then slap my ass and call me a meme'r because he is still the best Batman.

Detective work then gadgets and if all else fails Hammers of Justice.

>fucking SJW are trying to hijak Hammers of Justice just like the Rainbow

Theres some serious plebs in here user.

They seem to think if Batmans in blue, he's no good.

Nolan Batman
Snyder Batman
New 52 Batman
Batman Arkham
DC animated movies Batman

hurr

>I HATE MEMES

>CONFOUND THOSE MEMES, THEY DRIVE ME TO DRINK

What did memes ever do to you buddy? Did your family get mugged or raped by a rogue meme? Not all memes are like that. Grow up.

Shut your fucking mouth nigger your opinion doesnt matter anymore.

>dark=edgelord

Ask me how I know you're a developmentally stunted autist.

>your opinion doesnt matter anymore.
Source?

Fuck im glad summer is over soon.

You need to go.

>random meme spouting
>calling random things memes
>pepe frog
>"no u"
>doesnt deny being underage
>being a mega faggot
>during the summer

Im reporting you. Come back when you're older.

>BvS
>Not edgelord

How old are you kid?

>Nolan Batman
>Snyder Batman
>New 52 Batman
These are all over 5 years old. Try again.

see

>announcing reports
ruh roh

(OP)
There's a middle ground. Campy Batman is more of the 66 TV show's thing. You can point to Batman stories of the 50's and 60's and say, "Oh that's so campy and silly!", but they weren't doing it intentionally like the 66 show was. And for all those "silly" out of context covers with aliens and rainbow Batmen, there's things like Batman investigating the crime lord behind his parents death, or fighting Death Man. While they did try to intentionally copy the TV show for a bit, it didn't really work out and quickly ended. While guys like dennis O Neil are credited for changing the character, it wasn't THAT drastic, more of a gradual shift.

And that is what I'd want a return to. Batman who is brooding and tortured in his own way, but not one who's destructive as far as sabotaging his relationships. One who could still be a mentally healthy adult in a lot of ways.

As an aside, its interesting to think this was the batman Alan Moore was probably thinking of when writing TKJ, not the post-Frank Miller imitation one that became prevalent. I think that makes it a more powerful story. When you read Moore's other works with Batman from the same time, its very much in line with the one from the pre-Miller era. That makes it so when he does seem to break in the end, its coming from the Batman that was openly friendly with Superman and law enforcement. The picture of the batfamily from the 50s drives that point home. Which is why I dislike the movie version making that Batman the callous one of the last 30 years. Moore wasn't writing that batman.

>mfw TDKR was 15 years ago

Do you wanna know why this movie is already some very real bullshit?

Color.

Instead of going with the over-the-top, ultra-saturated, pop-art qualities that Batman '66 features, they've gone with "standard, muddy DCAnimated palette"

Here, I've made it easy- compare the two images. I've sampled each of the same elements from the new cartoon & the 60's show.

Look at how horribly dull the animated adaptation is when compared to the original.

This is the exact same boring shit they pulled for DKR and The Killing Joke- they take an iconic classic, strip it of all it's artistry, and present the basic narrative to nerds because they don't know the difference.

excellent post
and this
> but they weren't doing it intentionally like the 66 show was.
can't be said enough.

>it's artistry
Batman '66 was the TBBT of it's day.
It was for casuals who thought Batman was stupid to have a laugh at it.

Pic related.

How's 8th grade going for you so far?

>Nolan did it better
haha no

Jokes on you, school hasn't started yet.

What? I don't hate BTAS batman, he's the best one

Wow.

You were a young adult in 1966? And, due to this, you have the unique means of providing accurate perspective on what things were like at the time?

That's crazy.

Wow.

>Thinking Snyder is superior to Nolan

Fucking kek

Nolan did it waaaaaay better than Snyder.
Jesus Christ- giving your boy a Jim-Lee-lookin-ass costume does not "faithful to the source material" make.

When dealing with comics?
Hell yes.
300 is the greatest piece of visual art in years.

>you can only critique something if you were around when it was popular

Okay, but is not a critique.

It is a poorly conceived comparison that utiilzes the community-wide disdain of a given media property & meme humor to articulate a piss-poor thesis.

But they gave 66 it's own series recently and it was fantastic. It all comes down to who's writing and if they're willing to write it, really.

Yeah yeah, I just don't like Batman 66 because it's laughing at at Batman fans, not with them.

I do understand where you're coming from, but if you can't appreciate the humor of Batman 66, the perhaps you need to reassess your conception of what Batman is.

Hi Dobson

Grey and blue

Grey and blue

The man from Gotham, he wore the grey and blue

Eh, that's clearly just for kids.
As a kid I found Batman 66 to be obnoxious and insulting compared to BTAS.

Batman should always have blue and yellow on his costume, regardless of the story's tone

>Eh, that's clearly just for kids.
Yeah.

It's from a 1962 issue of Worlds Finest.

Here's what they were running in the same month under the "Batman" title.

And here's a 1962 Detective Comics.

My point being- in 1962, Batman was silly. Those three titles were the only proper pieces of Batman media out there.

Hell, at the time, Batman 66 was not-as-silly as the comics were.

Yes, but 66 was self aware. It was laughing at itself.
It was not for fans.

Nolan is trash and Snyder is a genius

Blame Korea. And Timm.

>edgelord bats

where?

Well, you're half right

Because Batfag fans should be laughed at

>joker doesn't have a mustache

thank you man

Even Japanese anime is now being done in Korea, you can clearly see that they're aren't in the same league with the Japanese animation of the 80s and 90s.

>Edgelord Bats.
Thats why they made it to get rid of edgelord Bats.

Also "Sorry about Killing Joke".

Only in small amounts (mostly in inbetweening & ink and paint), keys are almost all Japanese.

All memes and baiting aside, this is the only truth.

>comparing shadowed and well-lit scenarios.

>Sup Forums on Sup Forums

Save it for the next thread, kigy

This

>they weren't doing it intentionally like the 66 show was

Except the show wasn't being campy or silly on purpose, at least not in the first season. They were playing it very straight, and trying to recreate the comic page for the screen.

No it did not, lets hope they fire Timm and bring back Tom Ruegger.