It's a dog catchers are evil episode

>It's a dog catchers are evil episode

Are they going to reenact Deliverance?

t. dog catcher

Dog catchers don't exist

It's probably an outmoded occupation like Milkmen.
The closest now a days is animal control or the ATF.

Still better off than the poor fuckers who got stuck in the burrow.

As a kid I was always weirded out when dogcatchers or the pound were used as a punchline.
>dog is protecting mouse from cat
>dogcatcher catches dog
>welp, time for antics with the cat and mouse!
And it's like, aren't they going to kill the dog at the pound?

>it's an "antagonist is just trying to do their job while the protagonist acts like a little shit" episode

He just wanted to see your ticket, bitch.

Once, when my mom was a kid in the early 80s, the mayor of her town payed a dude to round up all the dogs in town not on a leash and kill them, including hers. Needless to say, they both went to jail for a very, very long time.

>not posting Plague Dogs instead
You had one job.

I don't like this story, user.

How old are you if your mom was a kid in the 80s?

>going to prison for killing animals

What a joke. Animals are so far below humans, there should be zero punishment for killing them.

This was in '81, my mom was nine. I actually just turned 18 although I've been lurking here for five years, mods plz don't ban.

>not knowing about the 1880s

Here, I found a paper headline. Dude only got sentenced for three deaths, but everybody in town agreed that they killed a whole lot more and covered it up as "police business". This was in Grantsville, Utah.

I don't know, birds are pretty high above humans.

Oh yes. And I assume the dogs just catch themselves.

is this thread STILL alive??

Interesting.

I read a story about the worst cyclone to hit my country where a family had lost their house, and they would have died if their dog hadn't saved them. It went into the baby's room and pulled the sheets off the baby to trick the mother into picking up the child then ran to the other kid's rooms and did the same thing to get the other daughter out of bed. He then grabbed and pulled on everyone's clothes and tried to drag them outside, until they finally did. The whole house went down and would have crushed them if they'd stayed in there.

The next day the family went into town for supplies. The dog followed them and was immediately shot by authorities because they thought it might be a disease-carrying stray.

no, they are just so good at their jobs you never see them.

>Animals are so far below humans
Sure but animals are still property. If someone steals a car and then in court say "Car's aren't even sentient and are there for below humans, So I committed no crime" Do you actually think the court will just apologies and let the them go?

God damit i was expecting a tragic ending but not that.
I dont even like dogs and im sad

>dog catchers are trained shinobi

There property.
You sont just go to an abattoir and kill all there sheep before they can prepare them.

I agreed whit you user.
You should also say that all dogs vocal cords needs to be atrophied so they could stop contaminating whit their loud barking. A massive male Cat castration its also a good idea, only leaving the best/purest races alives.

From Ninteen-fucking-thirtyone.

Talk about downer ending.

You were saying, user-kun?

Ah you think flight is your ally? You merely adopted the flight. I was born in it, molded by it.

You were our teacher, we were the student. You were the Sensei, we were the Grasshopper. We has surpass the Master, and transcended that mold. We are now the one that were born in it, reformed it, and remade the mold.

Kinda depends on ownership, social contracts, and usage intention user-Kun.

I mean, it's one thing to get a pig, keep it for a good long while, then slaughter it and make Ham, Pork & Bacon.

it's another to get a dog, kill it, and just kinda, dispose of the body.

It's a sign of a sick mind, you know? Like someone who mutilates teddy bears or pulls the wings off of flies. And I say this as someone who once spent the better part of a very slow summer evening hour catching flies and pulling their wings off (before smashing them under a toy tomahawk... childhood in the 80's was weird.)

In this case: the mayor, acting outside of the wishes of the populace and the city council, hired a third party to deal with a problem in an immediately controversial manner. Furthermore, said third party contractor ceased property which belonged to other individuals and destroyed it.

Imagine if the standard response for a parking ticket was to have your car compacted into a cube. That seems a good parallel to having a dog confiscated and shot by order of the local government.

Well, even back then, they wouldn't kill it immediately. They'd wait a few days for the dog's owners to show up, or let somebody else adopt it, before they'd do anything.

It can be a good idea if the final twist was that the antagonist was wrong all along.
I remember an episode where Little Lulu is trying to dodge a school truancy cop while she just tries to fish and have fun instead of attending school- and when the irate guy finally catches her and drags her to school, we are shown that it's SUNDAY, so there's no class and Lulu was innocent all along.

The episode ends with Lulu happily fishing at a lake while the officer is underwater, helping her to catch the biggest fishes to make up for his fuckup.