Can we have a Gargoyles thread? Let's have a Gargoyles thread

Can we have a Gargoyles thread? Let's have a Gargoyles thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

s8.org/gargoyles/index.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck Jizney for screwing the series over by forcing its cancellation due to shitty policies.

Even Darkwing Duck was planned for 5 seasons.

Thailog was the best villain and I can't fucking believe the post-cancellations comics were also cancelled and shut down his proper rise to prominence. I swear, Greg is legit cursed, every single thing he makes is killed prematurely.

The comic cancellation was a result of Disney hiked up the licensing prices and they couldn't pay.

Exactly how were Goliath & Eliza supposed to fug? He's gotta be as thick as her thigh!

I watched the movie/pilot for this show so many times over my grandparents. Classic stuff

Very carefully.
I guess dry humping or something, she'd find a way. Weisman said they had human parts and something "else" so I guess that something else is how they'd do it. And yet he won't answer if Gargoyles have to poop.

Why does Disney act like a bunch of cartoon villains? They don't ever need to do anything like this again, they own Marvel and Star Wars, they could spend every cent they have as fast as they can throw it away and they'd never run out of money.

One of the better Shakespearean rip-off stories. And the girls were hot.

The fanfic community though...absolutely pure man-hating racist trash.

Xanatos brand exo-suits and large insertion training.

The show didn't fit into their line-up, I guess. I don't know why they decided to screw it over so much. Would you watch if they ever brought it back with Weisman but as a reboot?
Why are they man hating trash?

Elisa is waifu

I would, because only the first season and a third or so of the second season are good

The boat arc was filler central and season 3 isn't even canon

Top tier waifu coming through.

I wasn't particularly fond of this show.

I liked the Avalon World Tour because it expanded the world but I can see why people wouldn't like it. It's a detour away from most of the established characters and the setting.

That's not Elisa

Pity about the name.

And the barely existing.

I'd read a continuation comic if they came out with another

The fanfic community? Because they're a large group of hardcore lesbians. Last I heard most of them went off to write femslash wolf/vampire smut.

didn't a huge book about the gargoyle fandom came out like a year ago?

Huh, didn't think the fandom would be like that at all
Got any idea on the name?

I wanna stroke Elisa's pussy.

>Furry Gargoyles ep

>childhood twsited forever

Which ep was that? When they transformed Elisa's brother into a cat?

Could be worse. Could have a petrification fetish.

She's got dem Hartman hips

found it, it is called "I was a Teenage Gargoyle anthology" came out back in 2012.

Is this a fetish thing?

>S8

I got that reference but I rather I didn't.

What's the reference?

not too sure, have not read it but I really want too.

artist has this to say.

>This is page 1 of my 6 page story which was published in the I was a Teenage Gargoyle anthology, from Sawdust Press. The book has all kinds of reminiscing about early internet fandom, be it Gargoyles or Sailor Moon or others. It's a fun little book and I'm proud to have contributed to it.

>My section is also chock full of cameos of early Gargoyles fandom people: this page specifically has White Serpent (who I lost track of years ago) and Spike (aka mommyspike)

s8.org/gargoyles/index.php

Fuck me, he's still doing Ask Greg?

Hasn't really answered questions for like a year

You're looking at when the question was sent. Greg's latest response was three days ago.

Oh wow, I'm a dumbass. I wonder if he really has any hope still of reviving it. He has a lot of ideas.

>timedancer
>bad guys
>2198
>pendragon
>the dark ages
>the new olympians
>heroes of ulster

Greg had no business being that ambitious. Let alone with a Disney property.

To be honest I'm not as interested in those spin offs (well, except 2198) as I am in a revival of the original show. But that'll never happen.

>revival

No one wants to see a grizzled old fifty something Elisa macking on a relatively unchanged Goliath.

Her voice actress still looks good and that's who she was modeled on. Besides, a revival probably wouldn't be about a fifty year old Elisa, they'd fear kids wouldn't enjoy it. It would probably continue where it left off (unlikely) or be a reboot (most likely, in which case I would at least hope Greg returns).

Speak for yourself

>continue where it left off (unlikely)

No kidding.

Hi, Shinga.

I've been looking for you
Trophies
You'll have to do better than that
Farewell, my enemies

Xanatos put way too much effort into that.

Didn't he say he was disappointed in that he could only get it to say those 4 phrases?

Weisman basically said that Gargoyles are proportionally very large on average compared to humans, but shaped closely enough that the two races can have sex with each other(although it can be painful at first)

while I do agree that the Avalon World Tour took way too long, and had some episodes that were kinda weak, it was still good overall(wasn't too fond of the Oberon's Children reveal towards the end of the second season though, setting felt a bit diminished when they revealed that almost all magic is tied to the Fey)

considering that Disney has it's comics licensed to both Joe Books and IDW these days, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a revival of Gargoyles in comics form again within the next couple years

that's pretty much the only major issue with Gargoyles being a period piece now(and would be if it comes back again)

>setting felt a bit diminished when they revealed that almost all magic is tied to the Fey)
It's much more concise to have most of your supernatural elements come from one source in a given setting, or you can end up with a clusterfuck where nothing feels unusual because everything is unusual really quickly.

it's more that it just felt incredibly awkward to have introduced a bunch of gods in previous episodes, and then reveal that they're all just toadies to Oberon, not to mention it kinda makes the whole New Olympians episode even weirder than it already was(like are they tied to the Fey or not, and if they are why did they not get called to Avalon?)

I loved that episode actually had a lasting effect on Broadway, and wasn't just a one-off "guns are bad m'kay?" that was forgotten about right afterwards.

Can we talk about Kurt Lehner?

theyre really massive morons of a particular type. I imagine it's a less-publicized version of that lady who just hated 90s spider-man and had a vendetta against it. the only explanation is that someone high up straight up hates gargoyles.
still, if you hear about a LOT of the shit that went in there in the 90s, they basically act like Brewster's Millions shit going on, like they need to bleed as much money as possible for legal reasons. They literally paid the Mighty Ducks actors three FULL serieswide salaries because they forgot to run anything past legal, and had to re-record any lines relating to puckworld and i think one of the villains' original names.. and because of the rules and how they did it, they had to just pay them an entire extra salary, not individual episode money. they'd also have S+P in the fucking booths making sure line-deliveries werent 'inappropriate' instead of just letting them censor the scripts
plus it makes a ludicrous amount of sense if you compare worldwide mythology.
that said, i don't like how all the MONSTERS were fey too, in disguise. i'm cool with all the 'weird little people' all over the world being related fairies, but you've gotta have real monsters and shit too

the new olympians are largely halflings, so it actually makes sense. Some of them are the Children's creations and machinations (Talos, Minotaur, etc), some are their offspring, some are people and things they cursed..
Basically like, if the eye of odin hadn't been recovered, whoever wore it probably would have become one of them

>reveal towards the end of the second season
I'm pretty sure they implied as early as The Mirror that all or nearly all mythical beings are tied to 'the third race'. The way Goliath says "the vikings called them dark elves, the something something called them something something" indicates they're a worldwide concept, and the way Lexington says "Gargoyles, humans, and Oberon's children. everyone knows that" makes it clear these are THE races, all there is. didn't they even say something almost Mxysptlk-esque about "You know all those stories about vampires, etc.." ?

hahaha....my first thought as well!

Just finished watching this show.

What's with it being so over rated?

It was pretty much just ninja turtles with gargoyles.

Best thing about it was Keith Davids voice acting.

Obligatory brooklyn was the hot one post.

Drawing a blank here