VALERIAN BOX OFFICE

Why Valerian flopped at the box office ?
Is it just because of Dane 'Wuss' DeHaan ?

The time of Hollywood stars is over. Leads are irrelevant for the success or failures of movies.

I know I'll personally never see a flick made by the same cuck who created a shitflick with the ugliest bitch alive going past "muh 10%"

I unironically ship Scott Eastwood with Cara now

Because it was pretty much Luc Besson's equivalent of The Phantom Menace which gets worse and worse the more you analyse it.

Scott Eastwood has no charisma, no "it" factor, and cannot act sweetie.

Lol is Scott the one making these threads?

He's fucking terrible. Literally his only attribute is he can look somewhat like his dad if he's dressed by Hollywood stylists and photographed from the right angle by a professional.

Scott is a baby-faced imitation of his father and has little to no acting chops whatsoever.

The film needed a leading man and lady, a quality that is absent in both Dane and Cara.

Nicholas Hoult and Kristen Stewart would've knocked those two roles out of the park.

Never go full /fa/ if you want the broad appeal.

They cast Cara Delwhatever because she's part of the elite class. She dropped out of drama school in the first year but you know, she wants to be an actress so they pulled some strings. And she was a big part of why the movie sucked. So, fuck 'em.

Is it worth watching? I have to choose between this movie and It Comes at Night this weekend.

maybe its his publicist

he looks like a weird fucking goofball in that top left pic in the OP

noone wants to pay money to see miss eyebrows

and the other guy looks like a gay limp dick boy

Scott is way worst than Dane.

I hated it but loved the Besson style and creativity. The story and acting are atrocious.

Had two friends like it though so maybe it's your cup of tea. You a big 3D fan?

Because there was no marketing for it.

did you see the movie? literally no one could have been worse than Dane

I'm alright with the story, it was told poorly. Literally TOLD, all that visual creativity and Luc can't SHOW instead of TELL.

My favourite part was the sidequest with the alien emperor's food, that was genuinely hilarious and weird. And the red jelly looked delicious.

Dane DeHaan and Care Delivigne are pretty much the least charismatic lead actors I can think of.

this she's no mila and she can't even act

Cara isn't even an actor and dropped out of fucking drama school so that doesn't help either

it comes at night is good but it's god a bad case of trailerzitis.

Thx
>You a big 3D fan?
Let's say that I'm not against it. My friend loves 3D so I will probably choose it, but it's a shame about the story - I wanted to see Valerian because I used to read this comics as a kid (it was kinda popular in Europe) and those stories were quite good.

Jesus, did I hate it comes at night. You wanna know what comes at night? ME THE FUCK TOO!

Don't make fun of Dane he lurks here

>replace a twink manlet with a regular manlet

Bravo Luc

>Why Valerian flopped at the box office
Isn't that the question of the day?

How do you know? I like him, and he's a good actor though.

Of all the pool of men Hollywood have, they chose someone who looks like the leading lady. Tf were they thinking?

For anyone who saw Lockout, imagine this film with Guy Pearce as Valerian...

I don't know why it flopped, but I know why I didn't go see it: When I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2, the trailer for Valerian was packaged as a kind of knock-off or store-brand Guardians. They frequently used the word "Guardian" and even put it on the screen in bold font, emphasizing whatever point the trailer was making.

I was like "Do they think I'm that stupid?" And it killed my interest. I mean, that's an Asylum tactic.

isnt that the question of the day

Scott Eastwood has incredibly little charisma

Consensus is that both of the leads were completely miscast and that's pretty much the long and the short of it. Cara can't act and Dane is wrong for the role.

The actor was fine but he is not popular. the model chick just can't act

dane has been good in a couple movies but i agree he was probably miscast(i didnt see valerian)

cara delameme on the other hand needs to disappear already

He's got a stifled voice, it's very unpleasant to listen to. Is he a heavy smoker?

>cara gets her first leading role in big budget comic kino
>it flops
>she'll probably lose the bond gig over this
will /ourgirl/ be okay?

first movie should have been just valerian (keep the intro) and his time/space adventure showing how he's all about the rules. plus his lady adventures.
my choice - Karl Urban

second movie about him having to go to 11th century england to stop some time traveling alien. he meets laureline, she helps him. he reveals who/what he is. she wants to be a time/space cop and he takes her to the future.
adv of culture shock and stopping time traveling alien.
3rd movie is several years later (premise of the movie we got) that shows the government that valerian has been working for has been corrupted (hence the destruction of that planet and lifeforms) and wants to set things right.