Is Sup Forums's criticism of R&M fair? or is it just contrarian bullsh*t?

Is Sup Forums's criticism of R&M fair? or is it just contrarian bullsh*t?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13605126
youtu.be/oMVrMP8us6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

being that I've finally shitposted all these threads into oblivion, no one may ever know

they aren't intelligent enough to understand this nihilistic masterpiece.

I've never seen it and never been interested in seeing it but I'm sick of seeing threads about it either way. I'm certain half of them are created by some sort of advertising company, like the one that makes all the capeshit threads on here

I'm probably the most impartial tv poster on Rick and morty because I watched the first 2 seasons before they started getting shit on here regularly. They are right though season 3 has changed for the worse.

Just edgy teens being contrarian as always. it's a good show

lol omg he has a mustache ummmmmm awkward!

Thought about maybe watching it yourself and forming an opinion?

they are mostly

christians with butthurt because

>god isn't real morty bllurp

Sup Forumsacks with butthurt because neo-nazi is beaten in one of the episodes

and of course some contrarians

>rebbit spacing

Did you know they had a girl write an episode? It's literally white genocide. (((They))) are taking over guys, it's clear now. Wake up sheeple!

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

No one here cares, now fuck off with your cancerous spam.

>autocensoring shit
I guess the stories about redditors shilling that garbage are true after all.

>the only reason they dislike this season is because they're cis white males >:(

Reminder

No- it has not been up til now, S03E02 is everything memers have claimed for it to be. Far and away the worst episode of the series. Got a real bad feeling going forward, Boondocks s3 vibes.

I wonder why...

Come on user, we only have 2 episodes and they've been about the same quality as some of the early ones, the show can be quite hot and miss. I thinks it's too early to judge it yet.

No, it's because they're autistic and Sup Forums has diseased their simple minds.

explain

>Boondocks s3

I meant 4, durr. The comparison being creator steps back and lesser writers take over.

But again, the preceding seasons were solid, each with 2-3 great episodes, a few really good ones, and a couple stinkers. Nothing this bad though. (The premier was great and i assume anything Roiland writes will be fine too. Just not these new hires.)

I'm not from Sup Forums and the episode really wasn't that great. Take the mustache "joke" for example.

I'm judging each episode individually

See I told you, look:

They're upset because a girl wrote a cartoon show and that a girl was in said cartoon show. This level of autism should probably be treated by a professional.

is she the one responsible for pickle rick?

All I know is episode 1 was the most stupid episode ever made.

There have been some equally mediocre episodes but they didn't have autistic freakouts about them.

i like the show but its die hard fanbase can be pretty insufferable which is what I think most of the shitposting is in response to.

>wrote for the Annoying Orange
>"it's gonna knock your dick off!" XD
Yeah, I'm sure this season will be fine.

First season had a couple good episodes. Been going downhill since and the latest episodes don't indicate any sort of turnaround.

This post was better than the last episode

>it's a hat on a hat :^)

Puke

I genuinely cringed live watching that

also, dan confirmed for piss fetish, "wanna piss on it?" - "get outta my head"

Hey quit taking credit for my work.

Sup Forums is always in the wrong, I just fucking love Rick and Morty, in the way that I fucking love science. It's so random and cool - it's like the show was designed for us Redditors, see? My mom says I have an unhealthy obsession with the show, but she just doesn't understand how funny it. I wish I could live in the Rick and Morty world and be their friends. Everything would be really and cool and funny if I did. Rick and Morty are so funny and I'm so awesome that it would make perfect sense, but it'd be even better if Bernie Sanders appeared. It'd be so awesome I'd turn up the TV in the common room of my dorm up all the way so everyone could hear the greatness of Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul, bacon, weed, atheism, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Sweden, Bill Nye, 90s cartoons, cats, and fucking loving science.

I run the Rick and Morty Club at my school - we come together, browse Reddit, make some Deadpool memes and watch Rick and Morty. We don't talk to each other but there's a cute girl there I'm gonna try and ask out. I'm a nice guy and I dress well (fedora + trench coat + brown-stained underwear + well-trimmed beard lightly seasoned with dust and corn syrup) so I just know I've got a good chance with her. I've already messaged her on Facebook, I just haven't got a response yet.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Rick and Morty! My favorite character is Rick because his style of humor perfectly reflects that of Reddit. I bet if I asked him "When does the narwhal bacon?", he'd know EXACTLY what I was talking about. Also, did you notice he looks like Bernie Sanders if you squint a bit and use your imagination? This can't be a coincidence; MLG Illuminati confirmed. Yeah, that's right, I look at montage parodies too. What good Redditor doesn't? Lenny face, Illuminati, and Doge are so funny. If I met Rick and Morty I'd be sure to show them all those funny and awesome memes and more!

Yours baconly, Atheist92

That last episode was offensively garbage

I personally don't think it's funny, but it's really not as bad as Sup Forums says. The fanbase is fucking terrible though (kinda like IASIP)

You seem like a pretty cool dude

I'm rooting for you

Its fun to watch and can be funny at times. I have the new episode on my dvr and havent watched it yet. If its true that a female wrote it then im guessing it will have cringy sex jokes out the wazoo, since that's evolutionary the only thing women are capable if thinking about. And im sure it would have Le epic sarcasm pushed into hyperdrive mode. But ill give it a shot.

i haven't watched a second of this because I have an amazing sjw radar, the main characters look like douchebags and the name is just retarded, i mean "rick and morty" wtf haha... no thank you, literally screams reddit.

Know your enemy

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE RRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA

Does anyone else think Rick and Morty has been one of the dullest TV shows in the history of television? Each episode following the old scientist and his grandsons as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the nihilistic imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of jokes, all to make science unscientific, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Roiland vetoed the idea of keeping an all male writers room; he made sure the show would never be mistaken for a work of comedy that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for "girl power". The Rick and Morty episodes might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Futurama series in its refusal of humor, depth and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the first two seasons were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the first seasons were terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time Rick wants to say something, the writers wrote instead that the character "burps."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that noise was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several hundred times. I was incredulous. Harmon's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Rick and Morty by the same Seth MacFarlane. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Rick and Morty at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch Family Guy." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Rick and Morty" you are, in fact, trained to watch Family Guy.

MORE

valid criticism, but...
PICKLE RICK!
HAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA

Why does Justin keep making these threads?

Please try to at least contain your autism in a single post.

you all type very smugly, and I'm not sure how a morbidly obese person has the gall when you're all so low on the social hierarchy

you have done irreparable damage to your bodies. nobody will ever truly love you because your body is so revolting. nobody will ever respect you because you are ugly. you lack the willpower/discipline to lose weight because getting that fat in the first place is a mental illness - and even if you did, the result of all that weight loss will be a saggy mess of loose skin even more unsightly than what you look like now. either route you go you will never be happy kek

I will cry you a river with tears of sympathy if you'd like, because your life is and always will be a shadow of what it could've been. are you a virgin? have you ever kissed a woman? as a normal person, I speak on behalf of everyone when I say when a fat person is spotted, we mentally judge and laugh, but mostly silently thank god we aren't you.

I mean, RIGHT now, you're a fat sack of shit sitting down, mantits sagging over your belly with stretch marks covering the contours of your greasy cellulite ridden body posting on Sup Forums while I have sex with my red lipped blonde girlfriend daily. do you really think anybody is going to get offended by anything you say here? you literally have no dirt on me. you can't offend me or anyone else on this website when you're in your position. which I will reiterate: a position which you CANNOT get out of. your only saving grace and chance of happiness is literally suicide and hoping there's an afterlife or you can reroll as someone else.

>a woman will never love you
have you got a fat wojak reaction pic for that?

Morty yells too much. It's annoying

Pickle Rick. Funny! I don't even watch this show but I know this is funny. Look at that pickle. Oh boy, I could literally watch Pickle Rick saying "I'M PICKLE RIIIIIIIICK" all day and I would never get bored. Absolutely kino. I love Pickle Rick so much that any time someone asks me for my name I say "I TURN MYSELF INTO A PICKLE, MORTYYYY!".

Even though this is bait there are people like this when it comes to Rick and Morty. They are the reason this show should get shit on.

Which was more iconic?

>pickleposting
>pestposting
>colbertposting

strawpoll.me/13605126

>Big Bang Theory is a nihilistic pseudo-scientific show
>reddit hates it
>Rick and Morty is a nihilistic pseudo-scientific show
>reddit loves it

>implying Sup Forums has at any time in its entire existence actually put out valid criticism on anything

Sup Forums is a contrarian hugbox just like reddit is an ass kissing one. Literally everything said about anything in here is a meme tier criticism made so people would feel some kind of connection with each other on a fucking anonymous board with a high interest in childish japanese cartoons.

It relies heavily on shock humor which gets old real quickly.

Generally it's speaking it's entertaining I think Sup Forums has more of a problem with it's fans.

This show in of itself is contrarian bullshit with writers who seem to barely have a high school education with the sentiments of teenagers who are just figuring out the world isnt all sunshine and rainbows. Its presented relatively well and can be funny but anyone who thinks this show is actually smart is basically proven to be retarded,

Meanwhile the average BvS poster is exactly like this and people still choose to talk about the shittiness of the movie instead

what in the hell are you talking about?

omg you do me better than I do, partly because I can't tell if you're a troll or not, and because i actually like the show but at the same time I want to elicit a rise out of actual cringe trolls

Does anyone remember when Justin Roiland said he used to come her to shitpost about Rick and Morty?

Maybe it's just because I shitposted in all these threads but I grew to like it less. Seasons one and two were alright but I didn't even crack a smile on s03e02. If more female writers were responsible for the drop in comedic quality then that would make sense.

>samefigging
MODS

hola reddit

don't ever reply to my posts again

Don't wish I was, can't stand the faggots and their sycophantic meaningless conversations. At least here I can call you fags out without getting downvoted or banned.

what did she mean by this

Glory to you

>now where could my dildo be..

Can you think for yourself, OP? Do you agree or disagree with Sup Forums's opinion on R&M?

"ZOMG IM AN ANGRY VIRGIN AND I HATE WOMEN!!!!111!!!"

You win all the internets sir

Great show. I liken the hate of it on here to the mystifying love of DC movies. Gotta be the same people.

>up is down virus

Are you retarded or just baiting? They're not upset because a girl wrote and episode, I bet NO ONE would be against R&M if it was good written. The problem with the show is that the picked a writer who did not do any worthy work before and probably for a reason, they'd be upset the same way if the write was a guy who wrote jokes for Family Guy before or I dunno, some shitty disney tv show.

>Star Wars: Detours
youtu.be/oMVrMP8us6Q

>the annoying orange

Dear God

This. Even before there were women on the writing staff the neckbeards on this board were complaining about how bad R&M is. Now that Dan Harmon has added some much needed gender diversity, they're claiming the show is ruined.

>I could have lived my life and died without knowing this existed.

No surprise, it's incredibly obvius that these were affirmative action hires only brought on to fill quotas

whats funny is that these women are so dumb they probably don't even realize that not only are they not funny in the least, they were hired simply because they had vagina's

yes, more division and irony hehehe......

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WOMEN AND PEOPLE THAT ARENT SIMILAR TO ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REDDIT FAGGOTS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Look, WOMEN are funny too, get over it misogynists!

Look at this proof right here.

>reddit and memey
no it's just pure shit

Whats the matter user?

Pointing out that a male created series, written by men, made popular by men, is coincidentally becoming worse since the creator publicly admitted to hiring women specifically to fill a quota?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ALL PEOPLE ARENT THE SAME AS ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

no, but about half of all people are completely different from me

>season 1
plot was an excuse for the random shit they did
>season 3
plot is the most important thing, melodrama is massively important

Pickle Rick, Pickle Morty and Pickle Summer. Get ready.

stop having an autistic fit over your dumb reddit show

It's a meme show. Not even worthy of getting angry at.

Justin i know you're in this thread you fuck.

better add this one to the pile

wubba dubba lub dub get schwifty szechuan sauce poopypants *burp* xD

The exact same thing happened to it's always sunny. They brought female writers on and the show is just awful now. I couldn't finish season 12.

these are the posts that remind me Justin lurks and I smile a little