In a Libertarian society, what stops the person with the most guns from establishing a dictatorship?

In a Libertarian society, what stops the person with the most guns from establishing a dictatorship?

Other urls found in this thread:

gutenberg.org/ebooks/3207
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

erroneous, it implies that people would be willing to fight under the same guise as that person claiming dictator ship

the non aggression pact

nice pic

Thanks, Mr. Satan

No it doesn't, a he's talking about a single person with the most superior firepower that can take on everybody at the same time.

Everyone else's guns.

Libertarian is code word for Feudalism.

What's stopping a super-human from establishing a dictatorship in a non-libertarian society?

In a libertarian society, most if not virtually all people will have guns.

Something something WW2 Japanese general something something rifle behind every blade of grass something

You get the idea.

One guy with 1000 guns doesn't have shit on 20 guys with 20 guns

Poison gas.

In a Democratic society what stops the tyranny of the majority?

A single person does not have the most superior firepower. It implies that no one else would conglomerate or follow him and its souly his dictator ship which is why its erroneous

At least in Feudalism the higher ups leave the normal people alone to get on with their own business.

You mean like has already happened in every other form of government that has ever been tried?

Libertarianism is just the cuck introduction to voluntarism. Voluntarism is the only morally consistent political system that exists, or can possibly exist. That being said, to strive for that is ideal, and the argument of "muh might makes right" is truly irrelevant, considering it already happens/happened all the time. It can't be offered as an individual criticism to voluntarism.

Regardless, most voluntarists seem to agree that for it to be practical/plausible, the average intelligence of all those involved much be much higher than the current average.

He only has two hands

Oh yeah, what if the guy has 1000 robots?

Then he wins the dictatorship.

Except your forgot about the whole, tax the peasant thing to upkeep a castle so they have a place to be protected in during war time.

I should have been more clear. I meant the person who controls the most guns. Like some giant corporation.

Then they buy a time machine that was able to be invented after the shackles of government regulation were removed and they'd go back and shut down skynet

Nothing. And that's what's good/bad about it.

No different than any current government, they just don't pass laws to stop you saying things or owning things and they don't impose regulation to cripple your business.

What's stopping them in any other society from forming a dictatorship?

What if the majority are also the people who controls the most guns? :^)

What stops those he sells to from ganging up and killing him?

We can go on an on in circles about possibilities in a society with hardly any government. Libertarianism is a fucking meme and should be never come even close to being tried.

The government. laws. Allied countries that would overthrow them. None of which would exist in a Libertarian free for all.

>Implying a guy with 1000 robots couldn't overthrow the state just as easy as he could overthrow a libertarian society

Then that doesn't change anything.

Societal rules and expectations.

the police :)

What's stopping the army from establishing a dictatorship right now, nigger?

In a statist society, what stops the person with the most guns from establishing a dictatorship (either against or through the government)?

Because criminals are known for following rules

There are more armed U.S. citizens than there are soldiers on our military

How is a government and it's laws supposed to overthrow someone who controls the most fire-power?
Is someone who is willing to start a dictatorship and who has more force than everyone else really going to stop because a group of politicians agreed that he shouldn't?

The government creates societal rules and expectations?

Pearl is objectively the best crystal gem. Come at me niggers.

Kawloon The Walled City

Because your fruity shithole countries barely have any army to speak of.

this

The state that you hate so much you fucking faggot.

>a fucking abo

What prevents the same reasoning to apply to le ebil capitalist of dictatorial intent?

I really don't know what you mean by that. But really all this thread comes down to is that influence is power. If the people with the guns do what you tell them, you win. The whole libertarian society part is irrelevant.

What exactly can the state do and why do you think I hate the state so much?

>Libertarian society
The government. A libertarian society, or at least a classically liberal society depends on the ability to maintain sovereign to remain a free society.

This would be akin to asking
>Why doesn't the US military just throw a coup?
Like it could, but it would be rather messy.

>In an Anarchist "society"
I assume this is more what you meant, and really, not much, but an assumption anarchists often have to work around is the fact that if an individual cannot remain sovereign, then others may come to exploit them. Therefore, to secure their own interests, individuals may agree to contracts, mutual security agreements, etc.

So, it becomes a question of whether or not anarchy in its natural state simply begets government. Or rather than government is the natural byproduct of anarchy.

Hobbes discusses the origin of governance and the nature of anarchy quite well.
gutenberg.org/ebooks/3207

The government, or a militia of other people. Don't confuse libertarianism with anarchism

see How does the government overpower someone who has more than everyone else?

>implying that's being stopped right now

Saudi Arabia and 9/11.

The army's hegemony.

Nothing, Trump just hasn't felt like doing it until now.

The militia.

>yfw we are actually already living in a libertarian society and the forms of government we have just organically rise out of that

/thread
/board
/life

The reptilian-master race

The other people with guns

b-but muh non-aggression principle

That seems like a specious question given that nothing stopped the guys with the most guns from establishing a dictatorship in all of our non-libertarian societies.

Roads

That's some good logic there, Lou.

What stops me from building a world destroying bomb if no one is monitoring or regulating what I or my many corporate entities are buying?