The first 15 minutes of There Will Be Blood has no dialogue and it's the best 15 minutes of the movie

the first 15 minutes of There Will Be Blood has no dialogue and it's the best 15 minutes of the movie.

can anyone reccomend me some movies with little to no dialogue because the characters simply aren't talking? i don't want silent films or some weird stylized thing where people communicate with onscreen text, or some retarded dystopian movie where talking is bannd ETC just wondering if there are any movies where characters do visually self-explanatory things for most or all of the runtime

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_the_Author
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2001 a space reddit

yeah i know a few

Wuthering Heights (2011)

> is heavy on atmosphere and does not have much dialogue.

Hard to be a God?

Oh, you're in for a treat. A ton of Refn movies are like that. I specifically recommend Valhalla Rising and Only God Forgives for this purpose.

There's plenty of dialogue in that, even if it's complete nonsense.

Check out "All is Lost" by JC Chandor. Almost completely dialogue-free, it's just Robert Redford alone in the middle of the ocean trying to survive a shipwreck and it's absolute kino

Beyond the black rainbow (2010)

Reddit-man homecominng

Under the Skin, especially the second half. First 30 minutes or so has a few unscripted talking scenes but it cuts down on dialogue significantly after that.

Conan the barbarian.

I could never get through this movie

Hard to be a pleb
Neither could I, it's got an interesting aesthetic but it's basically incoherent and just dull after 30 minutes or so

Have you ever wanted to see super skinny Rae Dawn Chong get banged by Ron Perlman?

The red Turtle

I sat through the whole thing. It didn't get better.

Le Samouraï

>not enjoying the barron and grey order scenes

this

it's trully wonderful that a pretentious fag like Refn made the best argument for the death of the author in years

What the fuck are you on about?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_the_Author

in interviews Refn always spergs out about the hidden meaning of every pointless thing in his movies

fucking great film

Playtime

It's cute the Roland ripped off Socrates' idea.

dunkirk had a great fucking silent opening.

Isn't Jeremiah Johnson with Robert Redford also pretty dialogue-free? I'm not sure whether it's just me remembering it that way, with him only talking some with the other mountain man and then the lady and kid at the end.

Unironically this

The Driver

Jeremiah Johnson

Goodbye, dragon inn

Latest Riddick has silent opening and i loved it, to bad the whole movie wasn't like that.

>one eye is actually an alien and he originally wanted to put a space ship in at the end of the film
What's his problem

Really because I watched an interview for Neon Demon and Refn basically just talked about how he did the necrophilia scene because he thought it was hot and not because of any hidden meaning.

now go watch him compare fists to dicks in only god forgives and how it is a representation of god

>Odin is leaving earth because his time is done
If you didn't get this from the film you're an idiot.

>Ctrl-f Socrates
>0 results
NAILED IT, /LIT/FAGS

Same. Couldn't stomach the cinematic style.

The Hunger
Suspiria
Hush
Apocalypse Now
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Rear Window
Sicario

you should read the christian interpretations of it
its room 237 tier shit

Well it's a commentary on the missionaries in the Norse lands, so I wouldn't be surprised.