Did Arnold deserve it?

Did Arnold deserve it?

Yes, because he didn't say no.

>The Passion of the Football-Head

Fuck Mr. Enter faggots, this was honestly a good episode.

It's not just HFA enterbots. Even Craig Bartlet doesn't like it.

He didn't deserve walking down the street in a bunny suit publicly and destroying all his dignity.

He did deserve the ass ramming in the bunny suit he got afterwards.

He literally chose to do this.

I don't get why people are so bothered by this episode.

Craig even made people apologize for this fucking episode.

The part that always bothered me about the episode is how pretentious the title was:

"Arnold Betrays Iggy."

As a viewer the question to ask is, who the fuck is Iggy? This character was not established to exist unlike other side characters like Harold or Ronda. Iggy only became a true character in THIS very episode and as such it felt empty and hollow that this random one shot character is so precious to Arnold that Arnold agrees to do such a humiliating thing.

Yes because he chose to do so

He wouldn't just tell that asshole to fuck off and get over himself over something that Arnold didn't really do anyway. I mean, the other two guys just guessed and rolled with it based on Arnold's response.

Even then, the school seemed to forget about it in about a week and Arnold had already done way more attempts at apologizing to the jerkass than he should have

>Even Craig Bartlet doesn't like it.
Source: some guy editing Hey Arnold's wikipedia page without a source.

The same guy who put "Pigeon man war originally going to commit suicide" in there, even though an old IRC interview with Craig Bartlet confirmed that wasn't the case.

That's the point. If it were someone like Gerald, or even Harald, Arnold would have been justified. But Arnold was just being a doormat because he really wanted some background character to forgive him. He just couldn't bring himself to tell Iggy to fuck off, even though he wasn't particularly attached to the guy.

Now hold the fuck on.

Even though Arnold didn't outright tell Stinky and Sid about Iggy's bunny pajamas, he basically did everything possible to lead them into figuring it out themselves, so that in his mind he wouldn't be faulted with the act of actually telling them. That's just as bad.

Okay, so Arnold randomly laughs in front of Stinky and Sid while recalling his visit to Iggy. I'll give him a pass here since that's an involuntary reaction that he can't help while remembering the pajamas. Fine.

So then they ask him what's so funny. He specifies that the funny thing was something that happened while he visited Iggy. STRIKE ONE. He did not have to specify that. From here, he could have told them to leave it alone, then attempt to change the subject.

So now of course, that gets them to try to guess, and press him for details. He then specifies that it was something Iggy wore. STRIKE TWO. He basically told the secret already, because they now know Iggy wore something embarrassing.

So now they try to guess what the embarrassing thing was that Iggy wore. The first few guesses are wrong, and Arnold flat out tells them that those guesses are wrong. Then suddenly, they randomly guess correctly that it was bunny pajamas. What does he do? Does he tell them "look guys, stop trying to guess it, I just can't tell you" then leave? No....he freezes up, blushes and gives them a lame-ass "I didn't say it was bunny pajamas" reply. STRIKE THREE. So now based on his different reaction, of course they realize it was indeed bunny pajamas, and tell the whole school.

In short....yes, Arnold deserved the walk of shame. He was an asshole for getting mad at Iggy at the end of the episode. People who act like Arnold was wronged in that episode need to stop sucking main character dick, and realize what a pretentious douche Arnold could be at times. For the most part, he acted like Mr. Morals only when it benefited him. Fuck Arnold.

Even if he did indirectly tell them, Arnold had gone above and beyond the amount of apologizing needed and Iggy constantly led him on about forgiving him.

I mean Arnold had ton of shit like giving him his lunch, doing his homework, basically being a fucking housemaid for him because he was implying he'd forgive him. All just to go "lol you honestly thought I was going to forgive you no wahh!"

and this is all over something that the school had forgotten about in about a week or so

No, Arnold should have told Iggy to go fuck himself

Arnold randomly volunteered to do his chores for a week to "show how sorry he was", and Iggy simply accepted. It was never mentioned or implied that Iggy would forgive him afterwards. Iggy even still thanks him for doing the chores, showing that he didn't just have Arnold do them to use him out of anger/revenge.

Iggy only specifically says he'd forgive Arnold if he wore the bunny outfit in public. Arnold agrees to do it. Arnold does the walk of shame, before Iggy can stop him after overhearing Stinky and Sid's conversation.

What SHOULD have happened - if Arnold really was such a good person - was Iggy going to Arnold, and being allowed to explain that he understood Arnold wasn't completely at fault. Then Arnold tells him he understood the embarrassment Iggy felt when his secret got out.....and on that basis, they get on good terms again.

What happened instead? Arnold gets pissed at Iggy for something that Arnold was not even forced to do at the end of the day. And he doesn't even hear Iggy out.

So what does that show? Arnold didn't do the walk of shame to get Iggy's forgiveness. He did it for himself; to try to repair his self-imposed Mr. Morals image. But at the same time, he gets pissed at Iggy for upping the cost of him doing that.....from private chores, to public humiliation.

Arnold is a pretentious douche.

Even Eugene was laughing at him.

EUGENE.

even the fucking stoop kid

Nah Iggy extorted him. It was clearly under the idea that Iggy would forgive him or at least help in mending things a little. Then Iggy just goes "nope you wasted your time"

Iggy just let Arnold do that stuff the entire time for nothing rather than just telling him upfront. So he is the prick

and yeah didn't all of this happen literal months after what happened (which I am gonna guess Arnold had made other attempts at apologizing during that time)

The whole ordeal wasn't worth it. As said, if it was someone like Gerald it would have made a little more sense

It's still a huge dick move to have someone slave for you for a week, when you know they're just doing it so you'll forgive them, and then not forgive them in the end.

Forget Stoop Kid and Eugene....they're kids

Why the fuck were the ADULTS there laughing at him?

The only adult I can understand being there was the Jolly Olly Man, since we already know he's a miserable prick that would wallow in a child's embarrassment

Weekenders, Recces and probably something else I'm forgetting why does every cartoon have the background character is a dick episode?