Warner Bros Pictures wants to turn the Flash into DC's Spider-Man as a teen appeal character...

>Warner Bros Pictures wants to turn the Flash into DC's Spider-Man as a teen appeal character, and Rick Famuyiwa was hired to direct in part so he can imprint on the Movie the same teen-pop tone, dialogue and aesthetic from "Dope"

Given their record, how likely it is this will backfire, and how badly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-jjcoSKhygU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WB's record should give pause to anyone, but feeling meh about the young people appeal

Timm did it with Wally, CW did it with Barry, they'll do with their Barry, nothing new

I mean, given the audience flash has gotten from TV I think it's actually the move they should be making. But I don't a single fuck about any of the flashes. I can see why Flash fans would be wary but to me it seems like a logical move to make.

You gotta aim it at something :-/

Think we can work somewhere on the EDM angle?

This is baffling. Holy shit, these people are so out of touch.

I thought Wally was the funny one, not Barry

Hey man those first two are asbolute garbanzo but having him set up a snapchat account and leading that into his photo-journalism would actually be pretty good.

This is like Ubisoft talking about Watch Dogs 2

It would even be cool if they made two accounts, one for Peter Parker and one for Spider-Man.

TV series is going to end up being better than the movie, no faith in DCEU Flash or WW

Who the fuck would follow parker?

If BVS and Suicide Squad are any indicator there are going to be producers and executives mucking with the material to the point that the final product will have scenes in random order in attempt to appeal to an old person's idea of an add-addled teenager

Lol CW will probably be even better than the DCEU Superman.

>killer DJ

Hasn't Flash always been DC's Spider-Man, just less popular because all marketing goes ro Batman?
>Nerd who got his powers by accident
>has a mostly red super suit
>talks trash while arresting his rogues
>has a wide array of amazing villains from well known to completely obscure
>was raised in a single glee parent home
>has a legacy character using his super hero handle while he is still active
Once I started reading Flash it came to me.

That's what happens when people in their 50s/60s run studios

Well Idk about that, but people have compared Flash villains and Spidey villains before. And the Rogues aren't unlike the Sinister Six either.

Who's Flash's Hobgoblin?

One of the speedsters who aren't RF or PZ

>villain who replaced hero's archnemesis for years but whose identity was a complete mystery for the longest time
I have no idea.

Embarrassing

I don't know, I could dig Spidey with an electronic soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=-jjcoSKhygU

Spiderman

Man, I liked this show but it really shot itself in the foot with all the "we're totally in Raimi's continuity" bullshit.
Wish it lived longer and had more comic villains.

Zoom

Barry is an actual adult. Peter Parker quota belongs to Wally West in Flash hierarchy which makes Barry like Uncle Ben.

this is like your mother making caeshit

Peter stopped being a teen ager a long time ago user, unless we're talking about movies here..

This sounds like a trainwreck but it's nbd.

This is funny every time I read it.

Post it, buddy.

I don't have any Ubisoft internal emails but I do have the steam description for the game.

Didn't Barry exist before Spiderman? I don't know if they had the same personalities though.

>Bitten by a Radioactive FAST

Does anyone else think Flash looks like a Power Ranger?

The JL teaser was already pretty painful.

So, horribly.

kek 10/10

It won't. Everybody praises Grant Gustin, but he has nothing in common with Barry Allen, except for being forensic.

Why would a science major have a snapchat account? His life is stopping crime, doing homework, hanging with his only 4 friends and taking care of May.

So when will Flash and Black Panther be added to this

Peter Parker is an adult. I think. Everything became unclear after mephisto.

Those are not bad ideas, desu

JUST SOME RANDO THOUGHTS AT 35,000....

TEENS LIKE SKATEBOARDS...

Those are surface-level similarities and half of it isn't even right.

The one DC touted as their Spider-Man in the 90's was Kyle Rayner.

>but he has nothing in common with Barry Allen, except for being forensic

Objectively wrong.

God, I work in a corporate environment for a Fortune 500 entertainment company, and if someone sent an email this fucking out of touch, we'd send them to the basement permanently.

How in the fuck do these two work for Sony?

This movie is literally going to be "Gotta Jew fast".

>Marvel specfically gets black director for black superhero movie
>DC is completely fine with a black director on a white superhero movie

Explain this

Flash already was, not sure about BP.

DC's not racist

>Marvel gets a good director

>DC doesn't

Dope was profoundly mediocre, and if it didn't have the big slathering of "I Love The 90's" all over every frame it would have been rightfully ignored. It was literally 2 hours of sucking off 90's hip-hop culture in the framework of an 80's teen comedy.

If you don't have nostalgia for that era the movie will do nothing for you outside of the actors all being pretty good.

what do we have so far
>Black Panther
>Flash
>Green Goblin

so much cooler than Geki Violet

Huh. So that's where Bojack Horseman got that NBD joke.

This reminds me of that episode of Daria where the 30 something ceo of some teen magazine was pretending to be a teen and trying to hang out with Daria.

I'm ok with this. For fun I like to imagine the Civil War movie with DC characters and my fill in for Spidey is Kid Flash.

It helps "Justice League", intentionally or otherwise, is ripping off the Stark/Peter first meeting and overall dynamic.

>world premiere
>Ben Affleck pulls out a gun and shoots up the place before taking his own life

>opening night
>studio isn't expecting to make any money back after the "incident"
>stacks of hate-mail build up in Burbank as Affleck's fans blame WB for his depression
>every opening night showing sold out
>theaters are turning people away, cancelling other movies at short notice and putting on extra shows, still turning people away
>seems like half the country is watching Flash
>turns out the speedforce effects cause uncontrollable diarrhea in 15% of the population
>"flashing yourself" becomes a new phrase adopted worldwide
>Geoff Johns spontaneously combusts at SDCC
>ghost skeletons invade the realm of the living and consume us all

Just Yellow, Blue, and Pink left.

Well I've got nothing for this.

Pascal is the CEO. She's at the very top.

underrated kek

There's a 50% probability it won't work out and a 50% probability it will work out, Warner Bros changes it last minute and then it won't work.

>rando

Hang him.

>Amy produced GB

That explains a lot.

wtf wb why

You are possibly retarded

Status Q Peter is pretty much a man child at this point. He seemingly lets his life run to shit for because he can't grasp the concept of not being able to save everyone. You can only fuck up so much when the problem starts to be you.

In personality I'd say Barry is closer to Captain America without a begone era wisdom to fall back on. Wally is your everyday blue collar man. So he is closer to Peter and has ability to balance his life.

I'm 40 fucking years old and this guy makes me cringe.

egads I hate that twink-looking motherfucker

its jokerluthor all over again

Tell me stories of the old days.

Should have just had Grant play Barry. Everyone wins.