Studios hate Rotten Tomatoes because of this:

Studios hate Rotten Tomatoes because of this:

>Hollywood studios have commissioned a number of studies on the subject in recent months. National Research Group found that seven out of 10 people said they would be less interested in seeing a movie if the Rotten Tomatoes score was 0 to 25. And social media research firm Fizziology, which tracks every major Hollywood release, discovered that a Rotten Tomatoes score has the most influence on moviegoers 25 and younger.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/studios-fight-back-withering-rotten-tomatoes-scores-1025575

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/annie_2012/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why don't studios just make good movies?

Make better films?

Oy vey delete dis

A website can affect idiots with mere numbers.
What's new?
How do we tackle this "Fake news"?

>trusting the (((critics)))

>Blu ray covers has a Rotten Tomatoes "Fresh" logo plastered on the front now

Rotten Tomatoes are just kike propaganda to push SJW movies.

>Jews don't like people being informed

Really makes you..................

The article doesn't say good movies are more profitable.

GO SEE THE PROPOGANDA YOU BIGOTS!

Why don't studios just buy the newspapers and sites that write the reviews that RT aggregates?

good
lucas and spergburger promised me a hollywood crash and I want it before 2020

shouldn't they just be bashing the critics that give their shit movies low scores?

anyway, it's like a fatass declaring war on a bathroom scale, RT is just a review aggregator.

Do movies like Get Out or Baby Driver make as much if the RT score isn't very high?

Which is it

(((They))) actively hate RT.

It's pretty clear.

They kind of do, dunno why they didn't this time. Getting a score that low is crazy.

Unheard of companies are made to review stuff and they get paid advertising money even though they barely get any views.

just ban comments

oh wait...

I mean ban scores!

>don't screen your movie for critics
>"omg i heard they didn't even let critics see it. it must be awful"
>bombs

pic related

(((Rotten Tomatoes)))

Because they don't want to give anyone artistic freedom. They want to do movies that check boxes.

Literally this, those fucks should raise their standards on their own movies

Most of their movies don't even properly check boxes though

This I mean just make a good film and you'll get a good sc-

Has anyone here ever watched a film you knew had a low number? Did you enjoy it?

baby

I don't know about what the scores say, but everyone I knew told me Interstellar was shit. Turned out to be my favorite film I saw that year.

didnt even have to look -literally previous comments pic related

dirty goyim!

you shouldnt decide what you do with your money.

Shut up.

I'm sure studios helicoptering movies even more is exactly what will result in truly better movies. Thank you Reddit Tomatoes!

>social media research firm Fizziology

I'll intentionally check something that is sub 20% out just to see what could have possibly upset so many critics in an age where loads of quips guarantee at least a 70%.

According to critics The Dark Knight Rises is better than Batman Begins. According to top critics TDKR is MUCH better than Batman Begins.

>Refn
>good film
el oh el

Didn't Mark Kermode call DKR an art film?

That movie was the biggest waste of time.

Or maybe stop raising movie ticket prices so much. If i gotta decide what im gonna drop 15 bucks on im definitely going with the higher tomato score.

Start going to more k ow scoring mofkwlebridkc r dunbass

Mutant Chronicles has only 18% but it's a great movie.

>Make shitty movies with no heart and soul that panders to idiots and shoehorns in propaganda that most people can see through
>OH VEY WHY IS IT NOT SELLING SO WELL

Mark Kermode pretty much believes that Nolan is the modern day Kubrick or whatever.

Kermode trips over himself to praise the hell out of Nolan whenever he can.

>discovered that a Rotten Tomatoes score has the most influence on moviegoers 25 and younger

So you mean the juvenile SJW's that make up the consensus of RT are supported by the juvenile SJW's that actually use that site?

Very intardasting.

...what?

Why don't you just be a good goy and go to our movies?

I was going to make a remark about neonazis' heads exploding because they can't decide whether to cry about Hollywood or Rotten Tomatoes, but it's plainly obviously Sup Forums jizz stains aren't even smart enough to recognize when their beliefs contradict each other. An entire board full of """people""" that aren't actually sapient.

finish what you were saying, that's not a good flick

>juvenile SJW's that make up the consensus of RT

SJWs don't make up consensus on RT. You're so stupid that an alt right crybaby can cobble together 5 snippets out of hundreds of reviews and this manipulates you into believing most reviewers review this way.

Because Sup Forums isn't one group of people that share the same beliefs you fucking idiot.

No board is.

People seem to forget that RT's scores are aggregated based on the ratings each critic gives, not a complete consensus, as a result some scores are complete bullshit.
Think of them more like what you'd call guidelines than actual rules.

I thought Man with the Iron Fists was a fun watch. A lot of its harshest criticisms fall on the genre as a whole, not so much the movie. Although I will admit that RZA can't act for shit, he didn't really need to.

Stop trying to start shit flinging with pol.

>RT
>Jews
>social propaganda

Flush them.

You're actually stupid enough to believe this, aren't you? Sup Forums shitposters are about as smart as trained animals, they follow the same predictable behaviors.

I thought the critics loved Dunkirk, why is it in the leading image next to the Emoji Movie and Will Ferrel Comedy #902-A

Sure they do user, sure.

Next you'll be saying everyone here likes Bane Posting.

They don't make up the entire consensus, but they definitely influence it - but it only really has an effect when a movie has some kind of political/social bent. Just look up the reviews for London Has Fallen and see how many of the negative ones mention Trump

Are you having a stroke or did your cat just run across your keyboard?

>listening to critics

If this were the case, you'd see neonazis saying things like "Wow, I thought there was a conspiracy between Hollywood and Rotten Tomatoes to trigger me, but it looks like I was wrong all along!" Instead you just see the same shit, putting parentheses around one or the other, more mindless shilling.

>you fucking idiot

Develop human critical thinking first, then call people idiots.

The lowest common denominator rules
Forget honesty
Forget creativity
The dumbest buy the mostest
That's the name of the game
But sales are slumping
And no one will say why
Could it be they put out one too many lousy movies?!?

They barely influence it, even the retarded aspie fucks on this board who crop together strawman images as their full time "job" can usually only ever find 5 or so reviews with a slight reference to identity politics, typically out of 1-200 reviews. They also conveniently ignore cases like this: rottentomatoes.com/m/annie_2012/ where "SJW" movies get dumped on by critics.

God knows why but The Life Aquatic has something like a 56% despite being the best instance of Wes Anderson's formula next to Fantastic Mr. Fox

>critical thinking
>thinks everyone on one board shares the same opinion

>all of that delicious hormone filled calorie laden chocolate milk going down the drain

>rotten tomatoes is a useful sourc-

B R A V O

N O L A N

I think a bigger issue is that people look to RT to guide them in their viewing -- and WORSE: they use the Tomatometer as that guide.

You should probably post a picture where Rotten Tomatoes is actually wrong.

BvS was a pile of dogshit.

Next time you see a neonazi express that they must have been wrong about something because of contradicting evidence, let me know.

STOP THAT
STOP THAT RIGHT THIS INSTANT

Kung Pow, Equilibrium, Great Gatsby, hell, I liked them all. I recognized the flaws, but that didn't stop me from enjoying them.
I think that's the big problem with movie-goers nowadays. Flaws in movies always blot out the positives, and it's much easier to jump on a hate bandwagon than to support a movie not everyone get's behind.
Like, I'm usually happy when a friend of mine defends something I don't like. Even if I don't agree with them, I still like the fact that they're putting effort into finding the good parts of something flawed rather than denouncing it entirely, unless the movie was an absolute shitshow in the making (GB 2016, Fan4stic, etc), in which case I'll be the first to denounce it.
Funny how the mentality doesn't usually apply to TV shows, though...

Fuck off marvelpajeet

>pizzagate

>thinking everyone on Sup Forums is a neonazi.

They hate it because they want to trick people into seeing shitty movies through advertising. People who think the reviewers are shills for the studios are fucking retards.

Imdb > Rotten Tomatoes

Was that a Pirates of the Caribbean reference?

Not everyone there is a neonazi, but if you're hanging around, circle-jerking on a board terminally polluted with neonazis, there's something equivalent wrong with you. Something something people and the company they keep

Greatest comedy of all time got 11%, so I never trust the critics.

rotten tomatoes is only good at pointing out insufferably bad movies. Below 25% is pretty consistently garbage, but sometimes things rated 80%+ are meh, depending on audience.
just find a critic you like and go with what they say

It's better than all the >90% Marvelshit.

>audiences liked it FIVE TIMES more than the critics
just goes to show they're out of touch

They are a great resource to expand your mind as long as you are open to it. I'm there for that nothing else.

That's a stupid conclusion to come to. The more reasonable conclusion is that your taste in humor differs from that of most of the critics who reviewed the movie.

>dogshit

just do what disney does and pay off the critics. dc finally did it with wonder woman and all the idiots fell for that pile of shit.

>Studios hate RT because they're collecting the data of reknown critics and then make a score about how much of them rated the film positively
That would mean studios would have to buy more critics than they already do. True, the score rewards mediocrity but even a polarizing movie would receive more than 15% positive reviews. Blame yourselves for getting pitched horrible ideas and accepting them because they sound like easy money from dumb people.

Wow what a movie, Zack

>shut down comments on news sites so people can't comment when you write shit
>use shills and bots on popular discussion forums
>now going after "cultivated" opinions

What the fuck do they want?

What do you think?
Yes

Tropa de Elite has 53% on there, because dumb critics think it's "fascist", it's great

Don't bully spics jerk

>Use shills and bots on popular discussion forums
Proof? Or is this just another schizophrenic Sup Forums fantasy?

Why are the names always above the wrong pictures? There's only two fucking people on the poster, how hard could it possibly be to switch them around?
If they wanted Will Ferrell first because he's a bigger star why didn't they just get him to stand on the other side? It doesn't make any sense.

stronk wimin meme

There's no proof, just Sup Forums thinking that the JIDF is actually giving a shit about Sup Forums.

there aren't any bots posting here, but there are hoards of shills being paid by disney and dc to shill star wars, marvel and dc bullshit here. if you can't see that you are delusional.