Why is DC so embarrassed of the undies?

Why is DC so embarrassed of the undies?

Because for some reason they think that their books about men in long underwear punching each other really really hard should be "mature".

Yellow oval is so retarded

Because people are fine with a grown man dressed up as a giant bat punching clowns and hanging out with a prepubescent child in his cave that has a giant penny and dinosaur, but if he has underwear on the outside then it's just too ridiculous and silly

Grey/black > everything else

You need to fuck off.

The reason they gave for it made perfect sense

Why are nerds so obsessed with the undies?

(You)

More importantly, what the hell happened to the blue?

The blue is the result of old coloring techniques. The cowl was always black, colorists just used blue for highlights. Same with The Beast's fur

Pantsless really does look off.

Like he's wearing a onsie

They look terrible

Printing technology improved to the point where they could print a page full of black without it looking like shit, and the Burton movies popularized an all-black Batman, so after I wanna say Knightquest, they dropped the Blue/Grey costume.

Part of it is just normies being normies, too stupid to understand that comic books are silly and are good because they're silly. DC tries to reach out to them by fixing one of the elements that gets mentioned first in various "why would you read a superhero comic LEL" speeches. But that simply replaces "they're just weirdos in their underwear" with "they're just weirdos, prancing around in spandex." It's probably why they're consistently toying with "realistic"/tactical/tacticool designs, like New52's Superman.

Another part of me feels like it's just another Fuck You to younger/poorer audiences. Everyone knows who you are when you're wearing a blanket cape, maybe a makeshift cowl, and some undies, but now you have to buy merchandise and shit if you want to make it clear that you're Superhero X instead of Superhero Y.

This.

It really somewhat disturbs me, since there is a visible bulge now. When fatman wore undies it was flat. Are they trying to appeal to feminazis so they can finger themselves while staring at that bulge?

Loeb and Lee brought it back, though

Even if they want to have black and grey for Batman's modern adventures, at least have flashbacks to the Dick Grayson/Talia era have blue and the oval.

Hell, Snyder even showed that Batman wore the classic suit, have that for flashbacks.

And Spider-Man

They're not. It just looks better without.

And now black Spidey means I'M SERIOUS, I'M GOING TO HIT YOU REALLY HARD, NORMAN! Funny what lack of decent colors does to comics.

This was true, but over time it became clear that Batman's cowl was explicitly blue- other characters would reference it and 3D toys would be colored that way.

Has this come out yet? I remember being real exicited for it despite its pricey nature.

yeah several years ago

Batman usually wears dark and neutral colors, so solid grey actually works.

What they've been doing to Superman's outfit is a goddamn travesty though.

>Telltale batsuit is canon
Well dang

Shut your whore mouth

No? This was drawn before that game had pictures released. Which one are you referring too?

Batman: Bad Blood and the Brave and the Bold used the blue for DickBats as well.

No I meant that Bruce should wear that suit during the 60s-mid 90s era flashbacks, but mainly stories that Neal Adams drew.

I know, just pointing out how it was a reference.

Ok, cool.
I need to watch BATB.

Daily reminder that getting rid of the trunks is the distillation of everything that is currently wrong with DC.

Why don't they just do something similar to his costume in Arkham Origins, it adds the black without making it look like underwear.

Too bulky and tacticool.
The first two games weren't afraid to go with the tights.

Hey OPl you went to al the trouble of making this thread. Why do you think DC is embarrassed?

whats the deal here, right one shooped?

i read the floppy and thought the left was original?

They fixed the outfits for the reissue of Batman Inc.

It was early in the new 52 when they were trying to pretend everything stuck to the 5 year shit so he didn't have another costume in continuity, but that's retarded so it was fixed to the right in the absolute

The one in the right is actually the fixed version? I thought it was the opposite, since the series was designed to be in Post-Crisis continuity but then the reboot came and they had to modify shit to fit with the new continuity.

I'm not sure if the right was drawn first but the version on the left was published first.

Too bad the reboot still fucked up shit like Cassandra suddenly not appearing anymore.

Fucking kill yourself

Cassandra's back. They just altered her origin.

Yes, but in that particular moment she was wiped out of Batman Incorporated because in the new timeline she didn't appear until much later on.

the real question is why you faggots are obsessed with something that was already outdated 20 years ago?

No matter how good your armor is you want that little bit of extra protection for your dick region.

Good one, Jim. Go back to drawing shitty lines everywhere.

You guys a fan of the blue?

test

I'm just saying use the same premise not the same suit, it's a good compromise between the people who want the underwear and people who don't.

I think the underpants should be there but I've never cared for the yellow oval, ever.

This.

I knew from the moment I opened this thread I was going to see plebs with the worst taste imaginable.

Which one are you talking about?

This is the perfect batman outfit
fight me irl

Man, the irises on the girl in the foreground of the first panel are driving me nuts. Eyes don't work that way! When the iris is rendered in such a way as that it looks like it's painted across the outer surface of the cornea rather than being a faintly convex depression.

They're LITERALLY giving Superman trunk lines in Justice League because it looks stupid without trunks.

The undies were a part of the character design process, and deliberately chosen because of what they add to the color balance. That's why the redesigns keep messing it up.

Superman basically never lost his trunks, they just color them in blue now. Pretty much everyone still draws them even when it was the new 52 design.

I think Superman needs the tights, but I think Batmang looks better with out them.

Sorry.

underwear blocks the dick from showing

> I want batman to be a ken doll
Does the bulge intimidate you?

I'll look for the study, but they'e done research for military use and black is not a good color to blend in with because "natural black" coloring doesn't happen in real life. Best colors for "blending in" are dark blue and dark green. Something to do with dim lighting and all that jazz

Very true.
I was talking about Jim Lee's shit design of Batman, not Superman. At least Capullo made it look like cloth, not metal, and the mask one piece.

Fucking shittiest taste