Cursed to be a beast unless he finds love

>cursed to be a beast unless he finds love
>cute girl finally comes to castle for the first time in years
>she isnt repulsed by him
>goes on an autistic rage and almost kills her

what the fuck was wrong with him

he has autism

I know this story is "stockholm syndrome: the fairy tale" enough as it is but what if the Beast wasn't ever a prince? What if he was just some shmo living in his mother's basement who got turned into a beast for calling an SJW (social justice witch) a fat hag-faced old cunt? What if Beast were /r9k/ the character?

Beast was always kind of an asshole, so he's trying to force Belle and when she isn't exactly what he wants he freaks out. A whole part of the story is Belle forcing Beast to improve himself.

What is he even a fucking prince of? Where are his parents?

except she was VERY repulsed by him. The bitch was given the entire castle to explore EXCEPT one place, and what did she do?

Good thing he's also a badass and saved her life after she ran off.

friendship

She cured him with his platonic friendship.

user, try living more or less alone and hating yourself for... shit, I dunno how many years, and we'll see about your social skills.

And he still managed to blame Scott for everything.

If you ever start a family and you let your children watch Beauty and the Beast, warn them that Gaston is the correct role model in love.
Beast is a shut-in angry violent man who kidnap a woman to in hope she will love him.

Childhood is when you idolize the Beast, Adulthood is when you realize that Gaston makes more sense.

Is threatening to jail your lover's father in exchange for marriage the best method?

He's clearly a prince of France, probably granted his own duchy when he was pretty young, and then he was turned into the whole beast thing, and his parents promptly swept his existence under the rug.

Yes

>Gaston is the correct role model in love.

When will this meme end

And the Beast didn't kidnap her, damn it. She volunteered to stay.

It's no better than leaving the old man to rot in a cold cell for trespassing.

Really? Putting him into a sanitarium AND raping his daughter isn't worse?

That stuff would make no sense in real world. Writers had to force something into the plot to make Gaston appear worse than the beast.

True is Gaston is a handsome young man with lot of friends, good with women and that really find something special in Belle to chose her above the other girls.
In the end he dies because he is the villain in a Disney film. In reality he would have get over Belle, married and lived happily ever after.

The only thing that Beast has more than Gaston is money. So i guess Belle is a gold-digger, yeah.

>What is he even a fucking prince of?

His little corner of France, like the Prince of Monaco.

Are you intentionally forgetting that Beast thretened to keep her father prisoner?

Who said there was going to be rape? Gaston just wanted the nicest trophy around.
And at least in the sanitarium he would have been corrected for his craziness. Back in the cell he would have succumbed to his sickness and froze to death.

Shoul've asked "what the fuck was his problem?"

Dude was becoming more feral and beast-like, if the curse wasn't broken. He would fully lost his humanity and become a actual feral beast.

Beast did it out of autism
Gaston out of hornyness

The real hero was the Baker whit his bread as always

God bless that Baker.

Depression, man. You'd be a fucking mess if you were turned into an inhuman monster because you were a dickhead to some stranger who turned out to have magic powers, then find out that you have to fall in love with someone while looking like said inhuman monster. Beast by that point had given up hope of anyone ever falling in love with him, not to mention that he was used to always getting his way. That scene when Belle's tending Beast's wounds is my favorite because you can see he's trying to "win" the argument, but Belle refuses to take his shit and comes back with a better response each time, causing him to give up, though she's still thankful that he saved her life. Not to mention that they both had good points: Beast got hurt because Belle ran away, which was because the Beast got pissed at her for almost touching the rose, the one single thing that can change him and his servants back to normal, but he obviously shouldn't have gone as far as he did.

He got turned into a beast when we was a young teen. He rages out like one because his social skills have no evolved beyond one.

>Man gets stranded on an island for ten years
>Finally gets rescued and gets his wish to return to civilization come true
>Cannot immediately reinsert himself
What the fuck is wrong with him

>feel nothing but repulsion and self loathing
>can't accept that someone might actually like him

Seems pretty straight forward.

I don't know man. It's like he was turned into some kind of... beast.

The most relatable Sup Forums character.

She didn't want him, he blackmailed her for marriage, he wouldn't take no for an answer
Sanitarium back in the day was full of torture and abuse

so did gaston really do nothing wrong

The Beast was 11 year old at the time of his curse. The rose the enchantress gave him bloomed for 10 years until his 21st birthday when it began to wilt. So an 11yr old orphan prince turned away a creepy strange begger woman who showed up at his house in the middle of the night, and she cursed him and every other member of the household, including the bloody dog. Evil bitch much? I mean realllllly...

He never grew up because he was denied the opportunity to grow up. If the Beast comes off as a brat with a tantrum in the film it's because thats what he literally is. It just comes off as threatening because its a child trapped in the body of a large angry monster.

>The rose the enchantress gave him bloomed for 10 years until his 21st birthday

Lumiere confirms that the Beast was a child when he was cruelly turned into a beast in the song "Be Our Guest"

>"TEN YEARS we've been rusting, needing so much more than dusting. Needing exercise, a chance to use our skills."

>TEN YEARS

I'm sure the Prince turned the Enchanteress away only because he was told not to talk to strangers.

>10 years old
holy shit

>/r9k/ the movie

>his house

It's not his house. It's his fucking castle. All of the normal legitimate reasons for a child to tell a beggar to fuck off are moot. A normal kid might be afraid she would steal his stuff or go crazy. He could have given her a prison cell for the night and stationed a guard to watch her. Instead he told her to die in the snow for no reason.

He was a little shit and if she killed him on the spot it would have been justified. Instead she gave him a chance to get his shit together.

Sacred hospitality is serious business.

Also, doesn't the movie imply he turned her a away during a storm? Had she been an actual old woman, he'd have basically just condemned her to death.

Could be just a title, like his authority just didnt mean anything anymore. Or when he got changed pretty much everything went away and the people forgot about him. Once his parents saw him maybe they left since they were ashamed of him.

>Beast is a shut-in angry violent man who kidnap a woman to in hope she will love him.
And gastion is a publicly angry violent man who most likely has tried to kidnapped a previous girl who didnt automatically get wet because of him

Agreed

He was always an asshole and by that point he had resigned himself to his fate
also this

Truth be told he looked better as a beast.

Dat ass

>Belle never got to take the knot

Wait he was that way for 10 years? Damn now I feel more bad for the guy.

Too bad the poor guy gets eaten in the climax.

His sacrifice will always be remembered.

Still doesn't give that bitch the right to curse everyone in the castle.

Realistically he would have stayed a beast because women don't love men.

pretty sure it was only a few years

No it was 10 years. Lumiere confirms it in the song "Be Our Guest"

>>"TEN YEARS we've been rusting, needing so much more than dusting. Needing exercise, a chance to use our skills."

It's ten, it's even explicitly stated in the movie.

How do you know?

He was an 11 year old child. A baby! He was to young to give consent to the things that devil woman did to his poor young body. She was the wise adult in this situation. She should have known better than to pull this type of thing with a child! Shes the true monster of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. If you believe that he was to blame because he was rich and a privileged prince than you've got issues. A child has no obligation or responsibility to be hospitable to some creepy adult he or she doesn't know.

He was punished for doing what a child should do when confronted by a stranger in the middle of the night which is to close the door.

I wonder if 11 year old Beast was small and adorable

Of course.

stop

based baker

>what the fuck was wrong with him

How long had he spent in that condition? By week 2 I'd go completely fucking insane and go on a killing spree in the countryside. Let's not say at least 10 years (I don't remember if they give an exact amount of time in the movie).

So well,I think being turning into a monster and having encloustered yourself in an isolated mountain castle is quite a good excuse for being an asshole.

Probably a small principality, given the time period, most likely a Hapsburg relative.

It was his birthday, but he was the host. The stupidest of European monarchs knows to recognize guest right and the sacredness of hospitality, especially a (most likely) Catholic French nobleman at fucking Christmas. That whole "not turning away the Virgin and her Child" thing.

Ohh, yes it does. As laird o' the manor, the Prince/Beast is responsible for the behavior and fate of the ENTIRE household, and theoretically all lands under his holding. That means his punishments are also theirs.

>In reality he would have get over Belle, married and lived happily ever after.
I would give you that, if only Gaston wasn't so clearly just an obsessive jackass. That's pretty much his entire character, really. For example,

>that really find something special in Belle
is bullshit. He really didn't see her any differently than the rest of the townsfolk: she's got a pretty face, but beyond that she's just a weirdo that reads books all day and talks to goats in her spare time. He's not concerned in the least with her as a person, she's just a trophy. Why would the hottest guy on the block not marry the hottest chick on the block? But instead she politely declines and that's enough have him triggered throughout the rest of the movie.

Then he decides if he can't have her nobody can. He tries to fuck things up for everybody she cares about until there's only him. That's both the deal with kidnapping her father, and then later with targeting the Beast (notice he has the mob change their gears accordingly, from the minute he figures out she had feelings for Beast). He's like a kid breaking toys in the sandbox.

You say all this was contrived by the writers, but on the other hand what I just described covers just about every scene Gaston is in. Where is the appeal, here? How does any of this make Gaston a role model?

Don't watch the sequels

>what the fuck was wrong with him

EVERY LAST INCH OF HIM IS COVERED IN HAIIIIIIR!!

What I don't understand is this. The curse had to be broken by his 21st birthday and he had been cursed for ten years before the start of the movie. That means he had to have been ten or eleven when the Enchantress knocked on his door. Fucking kid got cursed for refusing to let a creepy old woman in his house in the middle of the night. Why was the prince the one answering the door anyway and not one of his thousands of servants?

>Who said there was going to be rape?
Gaston wanted six or seven kids whether Belle liked it or not. There would have been rape.

The true moral is that fairies/witches are assholes and need to be exterminated. Also that woman want to fuck animals.

NOOOOO ONNNNNNE, TAPES LIKE GASTON!!

NO ONE RAPES LIKE GASTON!!

NOBODY EMPTIES HIS HUGE GRAPES LIKE GASTON!

I'M ESPECIALLY GOOD AT STRANGULATING!!

Hi 2005, please take me back.

Also he was a kid when he was turned into a monster.

>Stockholm Syndrome

Except it fucking isn't. She doesn't fall in love with the guy until he starts warming up to her and not being a fucking asshole.

What sort of cunt turns a boy into a hideous monster because he's a fucking prince why the hell would he let some old fuck come into his godamn now I want an early adventure of beast being terrified of being a fucking beast while we get backstory on why someone would do that

The bit with Chip always freaked me out more, the sequel should have been about going after the Enchantress for being a complete psychopath.

The woman wanted some /ss/ with him but he knew about stranger danger.

Source?

He was the proto-r9k, that is endless complaining, chasing dreams with no action behind it, and shitting on anyone who actually tries to tolerate you.

Sounds like Stockholm Syndrome.
Like a woman who got kidnapped to take money from her rich and famous father considered the ones who keep her locked as good guys because they treated her like a human instead beating and torturing her.

Fuuta hoshino.

>Fuuta
Godamnit

Fuuta not futa you idiot.

No, it's called Lima Syndrome. That's what happens when a kidnapper starts sympathizing with their hostage.

Fuuta, not futa. That's the author pen name and by the way futa means two just like in futago that means twins and have no relation to dicks.

No, the hostage was sympathising with the kidnappers.

That's some Maleficent-tier fuckery right there.

I like to think they were friends, like a medieval pair of mean girls.

Disney's been doing this "What If" series of books recently and put out a Beauty and the Beast one that's basically "What if Belle's mother was the Enchantress?" and it's focused on the two confronting her on the issue.

Did it explain what her fucking problem was?

What difference would it make if Belle's mother did it?

Maybe she planned the whole thing just so Belle could marry the Beast and be rich through marriage then again I'm not exactly sure if this applies to marriages in the 18th century

He could learn a lesson about interspecies relationships with this beast, he was smooth as fuck, got Elisa wet for his stone.

>forgetting the pic

>Childhood is when you idolize the Beast,

No it isn't. Even as a kid I thought this story was messed up.

I projected onto the beast as a kid and it makes sense as an allegory for boys to master their anger as they grow up.

Beauty and Beast is a great movie for children.

I wonder if the beast was purposefully made to represent masculinity and aggression. That's how I saw it, what with how he starts using it to protect Belle and eventually masters it.

It provides a great dichotomy by having Gaston and the Beast. It teaches a kind of responsibility towards power and avoiding pitfalls of narcissism. It would be easy for prince to be this way. His condition forced him to confront his issues, especially the rage and what lie underneath was a thoughtfulness. If prince was truly a terrible person, his people would not have loved him so, and that was more telling to me growing up than his appearance.

>He was a little shit and if she killed him on the spot it would have been justified.
user, if we killed all people who were shits when they were kids, the world would be empty

But Sleeping Beauty's setting is like XIIth century Europe,while Beauty and the Beast is XVIIIth century-ish (at least looks like that; also it was Charles Perrault's time,the guy who put those folk tales together).

Maybe more like magic college classmates

are there any /his/torians lurking around here that might be able to clarify this? i can't imagine that royal families back then were allowed to marry commoners, let alone have them share their wealth with them.

Since it looks like we're going with an early XVIII France setting, in France's example: royalty = you weren't allowed to marry commoners (it was more complicated than that, but let's cut this short)
It all depends on what the title of "prince" that the Beast retains implies. Is he 1) the monarch of a princedom? Is he 2) the King's son that hasn't (still) inherited the title? Is "Prince" 3) a formal title and he's basically a glorified Duke?
1. He could change the law at will even if that would probably mean a fuckton of dynastic rivalry
2. This is tricky. He either could marry her automatically renouncing his seat or being legally incapacitated to marry Belle or grant Maurice a title and call it a day as for nobility. Or even informally marry Belle and use the status quo as setting a legal loop for all we know, there were cases of this even if not with complete commoners
3. He technically could marry her albeit knowing that he'll forever be relegated to the role of a pariah among his fellow nobles. I mean, assuming the whole transforming into a Beast deal didn't do it before.
Fuck, now I want a movie that plays out with the Beast being completely straight in Louis XV's court being a noble and everything but he's still a beast