Has Sup Forums gotten over lesbian korra yet

Has Sup Forums gotten over lesbian korra yet

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ojhTu9aAa_Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sup Forums never gets over anything

Has Korra gotten over mercury poison?

It's not so much the lesbian stuff as it was the shitting on the fans. The mean spirited, snarky comments, and the "why did I even bother to stick around, and support the show if you don't give a shit" sort of attitude.
I just have better things to do than support an uppity douchebag with terrible writing.

Korra is easily the hottest Bull Dyke i've ever seen.

Would've been funny if she stayed a cripple.

Can't speak for Sup Forums but no i haven't. It's still a horrible idea they put into the show and i hope every day that it turns out they didn't mean it.

Also what said, the way it's fans and Bryke handled it only made everything worse.

Also i don't consider it canon because it's retarded to do.

she eventually removed it from her body so yes

So when she removes the gay we'll get over it

They really should have put in the groundwork, have the relationship develop in a clearly romantic direction for at least one season before the finale, anything less is going to be underwhelming because there's no emotional weight since we're not invested in the relationship

Fucking heteronormative fuck! Korra is a dyke show now, you straight asshole! IT'S OUR SHOW NOW AND YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!

FUCK YOU!

Bisexual* Korra

>Has Sup Forums gotten over bisexual korra yet

That's the truth of the matter.

You guys know she's attracted to men as well so she's bi.

This, I don't really care about the relationship. It could have been good, but it was hamfistedly integrated so it was kinda disappointing but whatever, not a big deal.

It was the resulting pontificating from Bryke and the "if you don't like it you hate gay people" talking down from all the people who loved it that made the thing into a shitshow.

The lesbian stuff was just a way to deflect any actual criticism Korra had in plot or characters by saying "WELL IF YOU DON'T LIKE HER YOU'RE JUST A HOMOPHOBE!"

It was poorly built up. I understand why Bryke did it. Not because they wanted to break new grounds, they realised the show was spiralling into oblivion and no one would remember it; Show was canned on TV and left online midway Season 3 and Season 4 was practically rushed straight out the door leaving a very bland and forgettable plotline to end the series on.

They needed something to catch everyone off guard and it worked. Now they'll ride with it as long as they can to have the series live on life support through comics just a little longer.

We don't want it
All yours Hos

I like to imagine this scene with korra pregnant and asami is jealous of the night of hard fucking that did it

DAMN RIGHT YOU DON'T WANT IT! YOU CAN'T HANDLE A WOMAN LIKE KORRA! YOU ARE ALL EITHER DOUCHEBAGS LIKE MAKO OR PATHETIC WIMPS LIKE BOLIN!

Korra is now eating clams and that's how it should have always been.

>The lesbian stuff was just a way to deflect any actual criticism Korra had in plot or characters by saying "WELL IF YOU DON'T LIKE HER YOU'RE JUST A HOMOPHOBE!"
The thing I hate most of all is that this actually works. Forget art, forget writing. Virtue signalling is all you need now if you want positive press.

Im fine with it but Im mad that Mako gets shit on constantly.

This. Those assholes knew they fucked up. So they came up with this and boom! Automatic master piece!

What's so upsetting as an actual gay person....
Is that it wasn't actually supportive. Like others have said, it was just a tumblr appeal....
And that's who loves it.
Actual gay people are basically "yeah... I *guess* they're gay? But.... Not really. You could read that as them being friends."

Basically tumblr bait that can hide from actual homophobes.

I bet this angered Rebecca Sugar. I bet she called Bryke during the night to scream at them. Something like "How fucking dare you to take the dyke crown away from me?! You mother fuckers! I will bring the thunder on both of your pathetic beta asses!"

gimme a high five bro, i too support traditional marriage like you do

Well, I do believe monogamy is one of the reason why humanity survived early history.

I really didn't care about Korrasami.

Season 4 was a trainwreck without it.

>Toph was still a terrible mother and acted like a 12 year old
>Suyin in general was a horrible and manipulative person
>Kuvira's motivations once again boil down to daddy (this time mommy) issues
>Korra spends half the season doing fuck all
>Spirit world reduced to laser beams
>Giant cgi mecha with a long ass laser beam cannon
>Decides to stomp around the city like a low budget kaiju movie
>"The spirits are returning!" as if we should give a shit. Season 4 basically makes them look like a bunch of freeloaders

There was some good; Kuvira and Korra's fights were really well choerographed and the Mako sacrifice scene was really good too.

But it was all tied to a big pile of shit.

And monogamy has become part of human psyche and culture. It's just better than polygamy and it avoids a lot of legal issues.

the only redeaming quality of season 4 (and for a lot of Korra) was Varrik
youtube.com/watch?v=ojhTu9aAa_Y

It was terrible last season add-in. Don't let Bryke tell you otherwise. They even admitted in interviews that season 1 of Korra was at that point the only story they had and were assuming it was the only one. How did it end? Korra ends up with Mako after Mako breaks up with Asami. That's it. I've seen interviews where Bryke realized they did a terrible job at romance, so they wanted to end season 4 with Korra as single until they got the studio's approval to go with the lesbian ending. Anyone telling me that Asami and Korra was planned all along is a liar and should be called out as one.

She is bi not les. If she was lesbian then she wouldn't be attracted to Mako in the first season.

Honestly, Bryke should have just continued developing Mako and Korra's relationship instead of that last minute surprised lesbian ending. Mako was a far more important character in the first two seasons, and was still more important than Asami in the third. It's terrible writing that Bryke had to resort to reducing Mako's role because he was no longer Korra's boyfriend, while pushing in Asami to replace Mako's spot for Korra.

Asami was a nobody with very little screen time compared to the rest of the cast. She was only important in the 4th, at the same time where both Mako and Bolin lost their importance. In order for her to be relevant, two of the other main characters were sent back, with Mako being more of a background character than Prince fucking Wu, a last season new character.

One of the worst cases of how romance can ruin a perfectly good story. If Asami was truly destined to be Korra's "soulmate", then she should have been the first person Korra met with, and she should have been Korra's closest friend since the beginning, not Bolin or Mako.

>Toph was still a terrible mother and acted like a 12 year old

I never understood why people thought Toph would be a good mother. She was a glorified feral animal as a kid who barely got along with anyone outside of her immediate friend group. Her being a shit mom made perfect sense.

Is it waifuism? Did people really think Toph would clean up into being some sort of perfect moe princess?

>Suyin in general was a horrible and manipulative person

This I can agree with. I liked S4 and even i can agree that the Suyin/Kuvira conflict made zero sense in the context of the story because Bryke refused to understand what a flawed person Suyin was. It was some straight-up Mugatu crazy pills storytelling at points with how they forced the entire universe to bend around Suyin's will despite how much of a hypocrite she was.

Maybe they're just big Anne Heche fans, I don't know.

>Honestly, Bryke should have just continued developing Mako and Korra's relationship instead of that last minute surprised lesbian ending

But Korra and Mako breaking up and re-building their friendship while Mako developed as a person outside of being the Avatar's boytoy was one of the best parts of S3 and S4.

It was some of the most mature storytelling of the show, and Mako's little arc of finding himself outside of the shadow of the Avatar was the only time Bryke knew what to do with the character.

>I never understood why people thought Toph would be a good mother.

Well I was hoping that being around Katara and generally growing up would have mellowed her out a bit.

But no, she remains the snarky "I'm better than you at everything" brat she was in TLA. Personally I can never like personalities like Toph, I don't know if there's a word for it but characters like her are always my least favourite.

Never. In fact I hope it kills this series forever so they understand how bad it was. I'm not against homosexual couplings but I am against extremely hack writing that turns someone gay/bi for no fucking reason and with no fucking prior evidence backing it.

What now you need "proof" to be gay?!

No, but you need some sort of build up in a story to make it good. The 'lesbian relationship' reveal had literally none and that's why it was shit. This isn't real life. This something trying to tell a story.

That's the problem, Mako's development had nothing to with Korra, or the main plot at all. Mako was irrelevant the moment he broke up with Korra, but Bryke still wanted him to be part of Korra's crew, despite his life dedicated to the law would have not much connection to Korra's role as the Avatar. We honestly could have dropped Mako on season 2, and everything about him on season 4 would could have been explained in less than 5 minutes. He trained to be detective and now is one, working for Beifong and exposing the crime gangs in Republic City. There. That's all.

The time Mako got in the 3rd and 4th season could have easily focused on Asami and Korra, but for some reason, the audience still had to watch more of Mako and Bolin receiving more screen time than the heroine's romantic partner. Asami should have been the deuteragonist, but the fact that Mako was given this role only to have it taken him for Asami on the last season is just terrible writing.

Stories are influenced by real life all the time. Some gays even had big families and many lovers before accepting themselves.

No shit Sherlock. But a stories job is to portray a characters growth and change. Korra did a terrible job at that (for Korra herself anyways), especially in the final season.

Thedude.jpg

Plenty say otherwise seeing plenty of stuff them growing closer and in the end deciding to enter a relationship.

There was a never a moment where she realized she was attracted towards Asami. They just threw it out there like it happened off screen which is why it's complete garbage. They basically did what every shipper does any time any two characters start getting closer to each other. Only they made it official. It's amateur writing.

>Korra did a terrible job at that (for Korra herself anyways), especially in the final season.

Korra became a patient woman that had to listen and then act. Compare that to the girl that used the avatar state to win a race.

Mainly those Korrasami shippers though. You know he ones who shipped it back in season 1 where Korra and Asami weren't bi.

While Mako would still have been a terrible choice for an ending pairing, at least it wouldn't be Korrasami levels of awfull.

Thing is it was actually a rather well-calculated move.
They left it vague enough in the show so that they could plausibly deny all of it if it hadn't been well received with audiences.
I'm pretty sure the whole thing was some Nick CEO's idea and Bryke ran with it because they have zero artistic integrity.

>didn't have some overused declaring of love moment.

>supposed to be a bad thing.

It's a subtle maneuver. Korra never outright says it but her inviting Asami in the end is an acknowledgement of an affection that has been growing for a while.

It's a sign of pandering, since nothing else supports the interpretation of them going on a date.

This. Mako's development could have been shown like Tahno's. There was no spoken lines for Tahno after season 1, but people still knew how much he has changed on the last seasons, all without saying a word or being told what happened to him. Having a few scenes there and there once in a while showing what Mako was up to would sufficed, all while still giving Asami the character upgrade as the second most important character in the show.

You know what, if there was more of the show that expanded their relationship more I'd believe it. But since they literally ended on it they couldn't make it look like an actual relationship.

Why not? Numerous interactions in Book 4 had it been between a male and a female would be precived as romantic or alluding to affection.

Why is it less accepted between these two?

>t. average american wisdom

Because you're straight up wrong. It depends on context, and the contet isn't there for Korrasami, or any other character, male or female. Maybe with the exception of Mako considering their past relationship.

Not allowed to anyway. They took it to the limit they were set by the network.

You're using the shippers fallacy. 'Two characters are interacting with each other. They must be in love.' Only this time they decided to make it actually true. Which is fucking terrible.

>Sup Forums is still booty busted two TWO years later
Jesus christ get over it you fucking babies

It's kinda hard to not be mad about a sequel series being this much worse then the original. They set their own bar high and failed to even come close.

Sure but i havent gotten over how badly written it was

lil

Isn't Korra bisexual? No wonder bi people complain about being erased by both the straight and gay communities.

Well, Sup Forums never let go of anything.

Fandoms can still get overemotional about trivial shit. Sup Forums still has threads every once in a while about School Rumble and their waifus Eri vs Yakumo. It's been 14 years since that manga was written, and almost a decade since it stopped airing on tv. They're still mad.

>Korra and Asami
>Not Korra and Kuvira

This ending fucking sucks.

It's not really. I've seen flash in the pan whirlwind romance and "destiny's love" crap that just reeks of pander and writer fantasy.

Korra and Asami being the rocky road they had to actually approaching it and as low key as it is plays off pretty well.

Just two people that have developed a mutual affection for each other and now want to see where that goes.

Pretty good way to cap a relationship in a series IMO.

Show died years ago and Sup Forums still argues.

Any lesbian Korra ending would be shit. If they wanted lesbians make some new ones, making new characters never stopped them before so why start now.

Yup she is bisexual, and so is Asami

NO, THEY ARE DYKES NOW! OUR DYKES! FUCK YOU, YOU STRAIGHT MALE!

Fucking Men are disgusting.

They are just buttmad that they didn't get a Gaang Jr show like their fanfics. L

Sup Forums Avatar fans as bad as any Tumblr fan base. And just as obsessive.

>Just two people that have developed a mutual affection for each other and now want to see where that goes.
The thing is, that they never showed or talked about that happening. It's a circular argument from shippers. Why are those scenes romantic? Because they bi. Why are they bi? because of those romantic scenes.

Fuck past episodes and past story telling. Fuck buildup and common sense. As long as we please the delusional shippers it'll go away eventually.

ok

yea but not every day

Say about beating a dead horse what you will, at least it's a workout.

>Fuck past episodes and past story telling. Fuck buildup and common sense. As long as we please the delusional shippers it'll go away eventually

This is pretty much the lesson Bryke has taught. Quality is irrelevant.

>>>/tumblr/

Thats why Kubo is failing and Sausage Party isn't....
Sausage Party is "so thought provoking.religion is dumb. so deep wow." while Kubo is being dismissed because "omg wht ppl can't voice asn characters!"

I still cant get over best pair

DELETE THIS

Kinda funny how TLAB threads are filled with joy and nice discussions.
Meanwhile here is the opposite. Can we ban TLoK threads?

There are people who legitimately think this.

its just the same idiots over and over shitting up TLoK threads

>Implying TLoK wasn't shit to begin with.

>your an idiot for disliking an awful lead and hackivist gay pandering

Faggots like you would want LoK threads to be /u/ tier brainless image dumps with circlejerks that say you're not allowed to bash your precious lipstick dykes.

korra haters are fucking stupid

Korrasami shippers are worse.

Nice response child, really made me think.

ok korra hating slut

Evidently not:

That was a very poor answer.

This entire thread

ok slut

>Korra is bi

This is meaningless, because she'll never, ever show interest in a man ever again.

good

>no baby incest episode

this is fucking gay