At what age did you outgrow the creeds and dogmas of organized religion?

At what age did you outgrow the creeds and dogmas of organized religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oaa1hjnhLy0
youtube.com/watch?v=6CulBuMCLg0&list=PL3gdeV4Rk9EfL-NyraEGXXwSjDNeMaRoX
youtube.com/watch?v=AJu0oYvi-cY&index=5&list=PL9boiLqIabFgjeaTcx_LLsXrguKfeqLmn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

oh hey look, an autist! hey tell me, my boy, if there is no objective basis for morality, then why do you constrain yourself to society's moral standard? how does it feel to be a living contradiction? why do reap the rewards of religious structure while simultaneous claiming to oppose it ? why are you so pathetic user?

Fuck you m8 :DDDDD I can invent my own good and evil but you can't invent a GOD THAT'S STUPID GO FUCK YOURSELF

>Nicaraguan heritage
>136 IQ

Sometimes I wonder how much of an impact environment and quality of education has on intelligence. It's obvious a good portion of niggers grow up in crime-ridden slums but even if you remove them from that they still are more likely to act on impulse and have absolutely no shred of foresight. I grew up in a nice upper middle class family that could have easily afforded private school but my parents decided to redpill me with public school and boy was it effective.

fortunately my family never went to church so I never bought into it

Fortunately?

Nutrition plays a large role. The quality of the sperm and the egg are affected by the health, which includes the nutrition, of the father and mother, respectively. Further, the health of the fetus and the child is affected by nutritional deficiency.

Just like genetics and IQ, nutrition is not the end-all-to-be-all. It's just one many factors. Proper nutrition of the father and mother before and during pregnancy and of the child after birth gives an advantage of their genetic potential, along with environmental factors either hindering or assisting that potential.

The left underestimate genetics and emphasize on the environment. The right underestimates the environment and emphasize genetics. Both, it seems, to give a passing footnote about nutrition for everyone involved in the creation of the child and the child itself.

I want to see those adoption IQ studies to take into account the health of the mother. I would also like to see, if possible, a study on such families while taking into account nutrition and gains (or losses) of IQ over generations.

I was atheist until about the age of 11.

Religion was like a bad dream that I just wanted to go away. The suffering of others was so loud.

At 11, I realized that I was Jewish. The Jesus I may have been taught was a fallacy, but the holy spirit within me held me so fucking strongly,

I went into the faith.

I became an atheist at 50. Wish I'd figured it out earlier, but I so badly wanted to believe. It was a sad day for me when I realized that not only did god not care about us, there wasn't even any god.

> Implying that shitposting in your bedroom and leeching off society is a moral standard

Why are religitards so terrible at making arguments?

Took you a while. I became an atheist at 15

Well, how do you "conceptualize good and bad, right and wrong" without a mythology?

From the image: "What experiment can you imagine to measure good?"

When I was in Sunday school I thought they were just fairy tales. So I think 7 or 8

I find it interesting that this user found faith as preteen and this user left faith as an older adult.

What experiences / knowledge did you two come across to change your mind?

Sweden will be on par with Saudi Arabia at aroūnd 100% in our lifetime

I was raised aethist

You know, most of them have some great ideas, like "be excellent to each other", but I never really achieved success until I decided to focus on impressing myself, instead of chasing a bunch of unreachable ideals.
Probably around age 30.

>the low IQ countries are either black or arab

Thanks for backing up Sup Forums's position.

>African Countries
>Raping Babies cures aids
>+90% of people said that religion was important

what the fuck kind of religion do they observe.

Fucking transkikes...

if you count slavs as white (which I do) then that graph perfectly displays race and IQ correlation

i think i was 8, when i was filling out some true/false religion class test

the questions on it were really dumb, but i knew the answer to all of them
that's when i started looking at religion as memorization of a book and "easy a+"

so Italy and Poland are the last intelligent European religious countries?

lol

Rip Europe, daily reminder that your grandchildren will be Muslim in around 45 years

Sweden below 20% ?
Not up to date it seems

When I realized I was white

I never took it too seriously and i dont know at what age exactly i stopped believing but i realised i didnt believe at about 15 or so.

This is why I'm on the #paganmissile

>Build a gigantic set of Five big beautiful walls enclosing yourself.
>Install shower head
>attach to gas
>turn on shower

cool graph that proves jack shit nigger

Seems to me the chart is skewed based on race not religion. 1st world white and asian countries have the highest IQ. third world hispanic countries start falling off. Then there is Africa....

20 or 21. I haven't told my friends or family because they would either be heartbroken or angry, so I just keep it to myself.

>Thomas Paine
Do you consider yourself a deist?

I'll take "Misconceptions about Taoism and Confucianism" for 1000 Alex.

Of all the religionfag arguments the "morality only exists because of god" one is the dumbest

>the chart is skewed based on race not religion

Really makes you think...

That chart looks like a map of Cuba.

I was jusy gonna say that

Absolute morality

Lol americans you fucking idiots... Religion was invented by men so that women would follow the rules. BRB 18 yr old american girl sucks 18 black cocks for the world to see.

And by the way, how is the conquest of iraq going? You guys founded a few cities already?
4 Trillion dollars in expenses must be paying off right?
Oh shit I forgot you just threw all your fuck ton of bombs on them, your soldiers came in and then... what? What the fuck was that for?

At least when we the spaniards conquered the world we had the BALLS to impose a religion among another CIVILIZATION. Look at all this indians on their knees for OUR RELIGION:
youtube.com/watch?v=oaa1hjnhLy0
We came here,we saw, we conquered. We obligated them to forget their shit religion of death, we imposed the inquisition here, YES BITCH THE SPANISH INQUISITION.
Meanwhile you pussies bomb the shit out of 1 million iraqis but "don't touch muh mosque" Fuck you pussy and fuck the day that pussies like the british and the americans stoped the advance of european civiliaztions troughout the world.

Americans are a bunch of Masonic wankers m80

Is it the same age you decided to grow out of gender constructs, weight norms, and meth prohibition?

Looks like Cuba.

The gommies know...

So this graph is saying if I am religious then my IQ dips down?

America was very religious since it's birth to 1960's 70's era yet we still accomplished many feats.

Unfortunately the only thing this graph shows is that non-whites are rather dumb.

Caustion this or whatever

Now plot IQ against racial makeup of country

I'm an atheist, but I like his idea of deism. He helped knock my fedora off in that regard.

around 10 or 11 i realized that none of it made any sense

You believe in a god that created the universe for no reason and doesn't give a shit about you?

I'd rather be an atheist than that

This chart is racist desu senpai

Feels good to be on top

No, I said I'm an atheist.

But just because something is more preferable doesn't make it true.

Religion is a social entity, not an individual trait, like your eye colour. The correlation doesn't make any sense. It's committing a category error.

>But just because something is more preferable doesn't make it true.

So why do you believe God does not exist?

Atheist considering conversion here.

Start here

youtube.com/watch?v=6CulBuMCLg0&list=PL3gdeV4Rk9EfL-NyraEGXXwSjDNeMaRoX
youtube.com/watch?v=AJu0oYvi-cY&index=5&list=PL9boiLqIabFgjeaTcx_LLsXrguKfeqLmn

I'd assume lack of evidence, which is the one and only reason

One is absence of evidence. And another evidence of absence

I think evidence of absence is a flawed argument, some people will just counter that God no longer interferes with the universe in observable ways (like he did in the Old Testament and parts of the New), in order to "test their faith," so I avoid it

I have heard the cosmological argument that you posted before, having dealt with some philosophy myself, and it works unless you posit that the universe is timeless and (this is the important part) always expanding from a bang, running out of usable energy, and contracting in on itself due to gravity and collapsing down to a point from which the next iteration of the universe will bang forth.

Which is actually quite a Hindu/Buddhist take on things, spiritual and poetic imo.

3 or 4 years of age, as soon as I was able to make such a decision.

It doesn't matter what you think about the absence of evidence "argument". It's an axiomatic rule of logic

You're outside logic if you go against it

As for the Big Crunch, current scientific evidence discounts it