Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UJY1s8v7XHE
youtube.com/watch?v=htBPPT1TW4g
youtube.com/watch?v=1c-hkiOqb34
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLns50SmHboIXrA8Tlx0QneupYswydJ3Mz
youtube.com/watch?v=5ktqN2YbNAM
youtube.com/watch?v=0NIKVfy15bM
youtu.be/pq8j74eQFxY?list=PLns50SmHboIXrA8Tlx0QneupYswydJ3Mz&t=1183
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1496272103271.jpg/image/ukEpCQkwPETIIaj_ib5dcg/
youtube.com/watch?v=c1aHYOyRphE
youtube.com/watch?v=VGYsGiWEhvE
youtube.com/watch?v=RsWTiafB21Q
youtu.be/NhDyA7QcKE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

one of the comfiest coziest shows of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=UJY1s8v7XHE

definitely

Reminder that "is it kino" spam is some cunts shilling for their shitty youtube channel that is using it as their slogan

i always was suspicious of all this kino talk

Agree 100%! So fucking comfy and teen-nostalgic!

Adult Swim needs to launch their own nostalgia block like Nick at Night for classic sitcoms, or what Nick did with The Splat for older Nick shows, or MTV Classic for their old shows.

Exactly. They used to do Classic Fridays back in 2008. They should just do something like that again

That was fucking great. I vaguely remember it.

They also sort of revived it a few months ago, I don't even count that because it was so half assed and quite obviously set up to fail.

It was literally a single hour of programming in the 8 PM dead zone when only FOX rerun normies are tuned in and used the fucking Brak show as the lead in show. There were no pool bumpers or anything whatsoever and they didn't even show stuff like Home Movies or Aqua Teen or The Oblongs or Mission Hill or Cowboy Bebop.

Not to mention that when the original Oldschool Fridays aired the shows were only 5 years old, now they're over 15 and much more at odds with the popular perception of Adult Swim in the mainstream (especially with the normies who only tune in for FOX reruns, Rick and Morty, and Eric Andre).

It would have worked out much better if they had, 1), bothered to do the slightest bit of promotion either on social media or with bumps like they did with Oldschool Fridays, 2) didn't start out with the one of the oldest and most dated and irritating AS originals and alienate viewers, and 3), aired it later in the night when stoners and more hardcore and generally older AS fans are watching.

That last one is why shit like Moral Orel (which came back to the schedule at 1:15 this whole past week or random Tim and Eric shows at 4 AM end up doing better in the ratings that the whole Saturday night Toonami block.

Hell come to think of it, Adult Swim's ratings have been really plummeting this year, even the FOX shows and especially King of the Hill. Only Rick and Morty is actually gaining viewers.

This show and Mission Hill were the two worst cartoons I have ever been subjected to.

Shit, even H. Jon Benjamin could save it!

And what are some of the cartoons you do like exactly?

Every so often I'll notice [as] bringing back old content, like SGC2C, The Brak Show, Harvey Birdman, and Sealab 2021, but it's always airing in a ratings dead zone, like 8:00 or around 3:00 or 4:00. There would definitely be support if they went all out with the pool bumpers and everything.

Yeah, they brought back Space Ghost for a bit when C Martin Croker died back last October-ish and then in late December up until about the start of June Space Ghost was airing consistently either weeknights at 1:15 or Sundays at 8:15 as part of that half assed block in the last part along with the others you mentioned.

It would be great if they dedicated just 1 night a week to airing some older (ie. pre-2007) shows for a few hours later than the dead 8 PM hour but before the 4 AM hour (which is now just the live action rerun block anyway).

Probably one of the best 'classic' Adult Swim shows, it's one of my favorites at least. What is Brendan Small even up to these days?

youtube.com/watch?v=htBPPT1TW4g

It was great.

yeah shows like eric andre and tim and eric are much better than this garbage, upvoted

lmao

>the brack show
>old school
Holy shit I'm old.

>all kids out of the water

I've been watching all the old school [as] shows available through their app in the vain hope that it'll convey some sort of viewer interest in broadcasting that stuff again

Same. Also just because it's comfy.

Adult Swim better get their shit together fast. Their network has become stale as shit as it desperately clings to as many reruns of FOX shows, Rick and Morty, and Robot Chicken as possible to maintain some semblance of viewership and attract as many dead-eyed cablewatching casuals as it can.

Seriously, Adult Swim, along with the rest of cable tv is tanking in viewership. Last Saturday's highest rated program was a Family Guy episode with 900k viewers. Exactly two years prior to that, the highest rated program was a Family Guy with 3 million viewers. And at that time AS used to have 100 telecasts a week that got over a million viewers, and of those a good 30 over 2 million and 10 over 3 million. They would often go the entire night from 8 PM to 6 AM broadcast without dipping below a million and now on their second most popular night in the most popular timeslot their most popular show can't even hit a measly million? That's sad.

And yet, their online stream isn't picking up the slack like it should. The daily marathon has been stuck on a same 5 episode loop since Sunday.

youtube.com/watch?v=1c-hkiOqb34

Best episode coming through

He's a SJW feminist ally feggit now

He's always been a liberal

I totally ignored this show when it was on adult swim because of the squiggle vision.
Then ad had the entire first season on their site for free so I watched it.
I was hooked after that. I went out and bought all four seasons. The fourth season boxset even came with a music cd. It was great.

Liberals are rational, he's gone beyond the pale

Brendon small is my bootiful butterfly

Galaktikon 2 is coming out soon

One of the best Adult Swim shows ever. Right up there with Moral Oral and Aqua Teen.

There was a new complete series package out for only $30 at walmart so I bought. Great purchase.

How do we save [adult swim]?

>search Home Movies on Youtube for some clips
>some madman uploaded every single episode and put together in a nice playlist
ayy
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLns50SmHboIXrA8Tlx0QneupYswydJ3Mz

by removing [[[adult swim]]]

i want to fuck Paula

Actually is it Kino is a quote from a brazzers film

Pls, no.
Someone tell me this user is just pulling my leg.

She gets BLACKED doesn't she?

She had a half black baby. What do you think

I'd kill for some sort of spiritual sequel to this. I don't even care how it's done as long as its about people making shitty films that parody hollywood

Was she black? Was it confirmed? Also what's with Brendan and race mixing? Home movies and metalocalypse had race mixing with blacks.

what's your favorite song/movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=5ktqN2YbNAM

>half black baby
>never ever see the father
checks out

>Brendan has a kid
>she finds on of his old films
>she begs him for a camera
>does her own shitty parodies
>one of her Kino films is the bane plane scene.
>slowly realises movies are stupid as fuck
>she becomes the critic.

apparently this link doesn't have the actual video
youtube.com/watch?v=0NIKVfy15bM

>Also what's with Brendan and race mixing? Home movies and metalocalypse had race mixing with blacks.

It's almost as if this sort of thing happens in real life.

user, don't ruin their fantasy with reality

Name literally 1.

brendan breaks the camera at the end is probably one of the funniest series finales i can think of

Brendon's father was played by Louis C.K. not even memeing.

Most satisfying ending to an animated series I've ever seen

Moshe moshi

This dude I work with. No joke he's white and his wife that he met in college is black.

Is he a jew? Or well off?

Every song in the Kafka rock opera is amazing.
Also, McGuirk's song in the school play, and Shannon's, too.

Not jewish. Don't know how much he makes, but he has a decent apartment now.

If he offered you money in exchange for a blowjob would you consider it?

I like the quiet ending of this episode a lot:

youtu.be/pq8j74eQFxY?list=PLns50SmHboIXrA8Tlx0QneupYswydJ3Mz&t=1183

>He's posted it 80 times
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1496272103271.jpg/image/ukEpCQkwPETIIaj_ib5dcg/
How mad are you?

Few other shows make me so nostalgic for the early 2000s. This show had a sweetness to it that Adult Swim hasn't had in a long time.

Does anyone know if there is any connection between this series and the movie "Twice Upon a Time"? I noticed that the two share a similar dialogue "style", made me wonder if there were any connections.

I'm ashamed that I couldn't appreciate it as a kid. I only saw it for a poorly drawn show with no real "adult" humor when really all I was looking for was something like the Brak Show... I came back to it a few months back and I think it's a great show. Nothing perfect, but I should have given it a chance.

Tricked by the anime fuckers eh? Don't worry user at least you know now.

>This show had a sweetness to it that Adult Swim hasn't had in a long time.

Everything after like 2011 is just weird ironic pandering to current youth or an ultra-edgy TV-MA-LSV shitfest

Not really. I just didn't like it's humor or art style. I still don't like it's art, but it's a part of its charm. I used to get autistically annoyed that they all wore jumpsuits.

Im pretty amazed Netflix hasnt tried to scoop up Mission Hill but I guess that shows entire premise is almost 20 years out of date. The whole yuppie/hipster thing has been beaten to death for 2 decades almost.

Why can't you start a thread without shitposting?

while we're on the subject of cult animated series...

It's such a different tone from modern "alternative comedy." It was barely a TV-14 rating and it had this real, genuine wholesome sweetness and childhood nostalgia sense in every scene. It could be brilliantly funny too but it was just a comfortable show about a group of kids enacting their lifelong dreams through a video camera. Compare that to all the faux-ironic bullshit that Adult Swim shits out nowadays and it really strikes me how emotionally-vacant our current generation is.

I've also been watching Dr. Katz, which is obviously a very similar show for many reasons, and everything in that show is low-stakes, just people having laughs with friends and colleagues and it's really great. I'm nostalgic for a time period when I was far too young to get that show

True, but this show really capitalized on giving stereotypes a background and personality. I don't think it could do well in the modern age because of how politically jaded people seem to be and the show's cast being extremely liberal, but it's a shame that it had died out like it did.

Show was a disaster I honestly don't even know why you're bringing this up.

To each their own I guess. I thought the very few produced episodes were great.

because they liked it and aren't you so they have a different opinion.

There were better shows from that time that do deserve praise but this "hidden gem" is not 1 of them.

Well for whatever reason, they enjoyed the show for reasons you didn't. End o story

The movie was far better, the show was an obvious cash grab.

If you didn't like this show then I couldn't ever call you a friend. The world took such a wrong turn in humor.

Could not agree more. Home Movies mined so much from Brendon and McGuirk just riffing on the soccer field.
youtube.com/watch?v=c1aHYOyRphE

Well yeah, but even the movie wasn't that good imo. I'm just saying, person probably had a thing for Clerks and was happy to receive more content with those kinds of jokes.

After Murphy died it's not worth it.

The jokes weren't even the same it was more early family guy tier completely different from it's roots.

Orel was

I thought it was pretty funny and having a "clip show" for the second episode was a great concept.

youtube.com/watch?v=VGYsGiWEhvE

Loved that show, but I can't call it kino. It always made me feel uneasy with that last season

I'd recommend Downtown. It's a pretty good SoL show that takes place in New York City, and one of the few cartoons I've seen that doesn't have any bias, also the artwork is by the same guy who worked on Megas XLR.

I get you liked it, and that's fine I understand we have differing taste. But I want you to kill yourself.

I've never even heard of this before but it sounds really interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=RsWTiafB21Q

Hello barneyfag 2.0

Give me a "gem" you enjoyed. I bet you liked 12 Oz Mouse

>he didn't like 12 oz mouse
all my suspicions confirmed

I didn't like Clerks either.

Anyone who says it was "LOL RANDOM" has no idea what this show is. This is a work of art too good for mortals

Swat cats, ruby gloom was fun, there's a few others I can't remember right now.

No, he's not. I know him and his wife is white.

uh we're on the topic of GOOD cult animated shows

You know why they're called CULT shows?

youtu.be/NhDyA7QcKE0

This scene right here is low budget kinography.

It's not a cult show if it was just a shitty show, Kevin.

Hahaha wow, how high do you have to be to enjoy this stupid fucking show?
I actually loved the show, I just wanted to mention it.

Except it is, because it wouldn't be considered a cult show otherwise.
Are you implying that The Room isn't a cult classic?