Is this Kino or just junk?

Is this Kino or just junk?

found it incredibly pretentious; beautiful cinematography though

They don't call him Sorrenkino for nothing

couldnt finish it

It made me go to Rome.

Do not go to Rome. Especially if you don't have any Italian Friends. Luckily I did but fuck. I really do not recommend visiting Rome.

Visit Florence.

What made your experience so bad

>Do not go to Rome.
Story behind this?

whats wrong with rome? I'm assuming its really dirty.

It's one of my favorite movies to just watch and enjoy because it has a certain kind of atmosphere unique to this movie. I can't really say what the fuck it's about though. Maybe just that beauty is only a fleeting moment, so short that you won't know you've seen it until you reminisce

Is that even a question? Everything Sorrentino touches turns to gold

pleb, rome is amazing. maybe not in summer, best time to go is winter.

Not him, the city has been administrated like shit for the last 20-30 years. so it's a mess on multiple levels (infrastructures, public transport, etc.). This also contributed to making Roman citizens the Italian equivalent of Parisians.

Rome is dirty as fuck. Rome fucking stinks. People drove any way they fucking pleased. One of my friends (not Italian) got his phone and camera stolen our first night there. Went to report it at a police station, which was full of tourists reporting the same shit and was basically told that shit is gone. Did the usual sightseeing whatever and it was all crowded and packed as shit, which fair enough is only to be expected but still not appreciated. When we finally met up with my friends there they drove us out of Rome immediately. Next couple weeks we stayed in Florence, Pisa, Bari and Naples. All were better than Rome, even Naples but one of my friends was from there and so knew the city completely to make being there really fun, although there was still a lot of trash on the street there. Those first two days in Rome though, I saw nothing but fuckery on the street and assholes. Rome is also massive and the public transport is total shit.

You may be right. I'll give it another go in the winter, maybe in like 5 years I'm still mad at it now.

loved it desu senpai.

It's one of those movies where plot doesn't really matter much because it's stunningly beautiful. made me cri

I love it

Absolute Sorrenkino, not much coherence in the narrative, but it's for the expressitionist and fleeting style, and it's absolutely beautiful, both in visuals and substance.

> tfw Jep's mediocre friend finally stopped being a pseud and embraced sincerity and got some applause in a half-empty theatre and realised he was fulfilled

Didn't love it so much the first time, completly adore it now.

> Dislikes Rome
> Likes Florence

What the fuck is wrong with you? The Universe itself would spit at you if it could, Jesus I'm just disgusted by your awful taste.

> I can't really say what the fuck it's about though.

Art, fulfillment, sincerity, experience, being "satisfied" with your life, and what that can entail, all while being completly full of little details and quirks.

>Florence
Ten billion times better than Rome.

> t. Zhang Taopei

It's a tourist hellhole, claustrophic streets and just mediocrity in its essence. Cattedrale di Santa Maria was stunning, but Uffizierna can kiss my sweaty ballsack. Fuck modern Italians, they don't deserve the Reneissance and Rome historical achievments.

full of americans.

I agree with user, Florence >>>> Rome
If you go search for a place called "Focaccia la Notte", best pizza in the world

I was that Italian friend in rome a month ago, it was fucking depressing having a hard time showing your guest the things that made the city special to you before. Still had fun, but fuck
Been to rome and florence about a dozen times each, rome isn't a good place to go now. It's not handling the tourist sector gracefully- the chinese tourist factory is way more difficult to escape from. Florence is far and away a better place to visit now.

wtf i thought Parisians were all great people!?

You went with a bad mindset, stop going to cities like they are amusement parks where you have to hit all the big rides and you'll have more fun. Break away from the streets between the main tourist attractions and the train station and there will be virtually no tourists. If you want to walk around the center, just do it after dinner and it will be far more local with less people.

And by "italian equivalent of parisians" he means half of them are african and the other half are fucking rude.

pure kinography

Parisians are famously the worst people in the world. Everyone in France outside of Paris despises them.

>Parisians
>great people

I couldn't take a single step without some darker than midnight motherfucker trying to sell me some stupid light up toy.
Police literally everywhere
The actual Parisians were just assholes, which I would be too if I lived there. And fuck Paris is rainy as shit. It's a depressing place.

B-but Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris led me to believe that Paris is beautiful!