Not even the worst moment in LoK

youtube.com/watch?v=_7VVd9V3F10

this

You are a homophobe.

Sage

>he doesn't like dykes

What are you gay?

>5 cent(s) have been deposited into your account

I get this was forced and not developed at all but why does Sup Forums hate it so much? Are they really shilling that piece of shit Mako and his fuckhead brother Bolin? Korra is too dominant to be some man's bitch.

The entire show

Instead she will be some woman's bitch. Like the Goddess intended.

I don't even watch the show, but it seemed like they tried to wrap up a non well received show (apparently some parts were decent or even pretty good, and other parts drove it into the fucking ground) by arbitrarily making two of the main characters lesbians

How about something that actually changed animation history, and possibly for the worse?

All of Korra was terrible.

Because many at Sup Forums had high hopes for Korra. I did. I wanted this show to be God Tier. Instead i got... well, The Legend of Korra.

It would have been fine if it had been hinted at at some point other than Asami sending Korra letters.

It mostly stems from the fact they had next to no development whatsoever other than they were dumped by the same guy, it just comes right the fuck out of nowhere just to be politically correct

Holy Shit. This.
Fuck Shrek.

>Korra not being the Top in Korrasami

Bisexuals

>he doesn't like the show
>the show has gay people in it
>therefore he doesn't like gay people

>politically correct

Nah. She would cry.
If anything, it seems she is the one that blushes in front of Asami and looks down like a fucking domesticated cat.

>implying it matters what the fuck it is when it's the same problem

Korra looked like a huge piece of shit. Not sending letters to the people that care about her.

Maybe not in animation history, but certainly for that show.

Is this how all amerilads think?

Well what would you call it then

Should've been single and be no ones bitch.

A gambit to keep their legacy intact.

Faggot

Eh Korra and Asami were clearly growing closer over the course of the show. It was never romantic, but the fact that Korra only wrote to Asami when she was away and not Bolin or Mako should have been a tip off.

If Korra had only written to a male character, would romantic intentions have automatically been assumed?

>but the fact that Korra only wrote to Asami when she was away and not Bolin or Mako should have been a tip off.

Korra is such a fucking bitch. Jesus Christ.

I stayed off Sup Forums for a week after the finale because I knew everyone would be buttblasted. Needed to stay on that high of my fave ship being made canon.

No it wouldn't. Hell Tenzin even came to visit her in person, obviously didn't mean he was trying to fuck her.

That's basically basically what being called a homophobe for not liking poor writing boils down to.

Even though this is obviously bait, I'll respond.

I do like this ship, but I did NOT like the execution of it. I don't care what you say to defend it, there wasn't any real romantic cues in the story prior to this thing happening. Only vague close friend concern and compliments. I really hope that if they make comics for LoK that they don't lead with a romance between them so we can see it actually develop, rather than friends that just suddenly are in love. Korrasami's execution was the same as if they'd had Sokka and Zuko hook up in the last episode of ATLA.

I want a romance. I want nervousness between them, and Korra trying to impress Asami and romantic cues like the ones from the Tale of Two Lovers and cuddly stuff. I don't just want 2 friends that take one minute for one of them to say "I don't know what I'd do if you died," and then the next minute their holding hands and staring lovingly into each other's eyes. Bad execution.

This so much.

How'd we go from all that romantic tension in Avatar to "We're friends but without you I'm nothing let's fuck" in Korra?

you're misunderstanding. Showing attention doesn't automatically imply romantic feelings, just feelings. Your example actually proves my point, tenzin showing up shows that he was thinking about Korra, just like Korra writing to Asami shows that she is thinking about asami

What's the fun of having your favorite ship being made canon when it basically amounts to nothing

But it doesn't imply romance which was my point. Korra and Asami are said to be bffs, so you have to consider that when they write each other, or talk to eachother or do anyhing together. You can't just write them as a friendship and call them gay suddenly because it doesn't work.

because the former were 12-14 years olds starting to develop romantic feelings and the latter are teenagers.

Oh so you just didn't read my post then, where I said romance was never implied. I agree the ending was rushed, but there were clues that the two had become quite close

Meh.

Guess i didn't read it thoroughly enough, because i thought you meant they implied romantic development.

My bad i guess.

Was there any other scene other than Korra writing to Asami (which easily could have been written off as just a friendship thing) where they showed any semblance of romantic feelings for one another?

nevermind

I feel like there's one other example people usually use, but it's escaping me.

I guess I don't really understand why people think friendships don't often lead into romantic relationships.

The real problem is that they basically started a storyline in the last scene of the show.

S'all good user

It's not that it can't happen, but that usually there something signalling a change in the relationship before as you said starting a new storyline.

>I'm offended by the gays.

You people bitch and bitch about the characters in avatar being gay for one another (even though it's two hot lesbians)

Yet you guys never want to lose your shit over gay cheaters in venture brothers or paranorman or family guy or anything else.

You guys are weird

pandering to faggots is the most obnoxious thing in today's media

>cheaters
Characters...

But maybe that typo is on to something. Korra...

Maybe it's not about being gay, but about consistency in the story?

And this is why I keep returning to Sup Forums. Y'all fucks know how to be civil and state when you Sup Forumsmrads miss understood shit.

Cheers.

Ya, like I said it's weird that a big change happens right at the end of the show, and I'm sure they knew it would grab headlines.

Personally, I did feel that it came organically. It's seems less like something they planned and more something that ended up making sense based on the growing friendship of the two.

I actually really like Korra's last scene with Mako, where they confirm that they are bros for life and Asami is more interesting than Bolin, who's really the only choice left.

Would have been fine with leaving her single though

100x this

>I get this was forced and not developed at all

it was tons developed. they just didnt do what Sup Forums hates about token gays and make that the defining trait of the characters

Because TUMBLR IS EVIL TRUE MAN IS HOMOPHOBIC SLAUGHTER ALL GAYS

out of curiosity which scenes do you see as having developed it?

I'm fine with Mako and Korra being bros aswell, but Korrasami made no sense whatsoever as a romantic pairing. She should've been single at the end, or if they had to hook her up pick some random smuck she met while in the south.

>Would have been fine with leaving her single though

I feel like this would have made far more sense in the context of the story. The only other thing I would have accepted is Korra and Mako getting back together as a "nearly dying showed me how much I love you lets give it one last chance" kind of thing.

Everything else just seems too unbelievable to me

It was less the actual moment and more the reaction to it.

When I first saw it I was confused, it came out of nowhere why would they end it like that?

But then you had Bryke and their "hetero-lenses" comments and tumblr losing their fucking minds. Suddenly the same series people were criticising for its lacklustre plot and characters was gone and only praise was in its place, and if you stayed on disliking it you could ONLY be a homophobe now.

Eh, Korra and mako would have been pretty cliched. The thing I like about Korrasami is that there isn't a big dramatic moment where they decide they love each other.

It's like real life; two people start feeling a vibe between each other and eventually one of them works up the courage to ask the other one about it

This isn't real life. You need to at least telegraph something to the audience otherwise it feels like a failing of the writer for multiple reasons.

But it is a big dramatic moment, that's the main problem. Better go with a cliche than random lesbian pandering that doesn't make sense.

And as always, they didn't show this "vibe" developing or even existing so it makes the ending scene completely out of place.

Wasn't a big chunk of it from the letters she wrote to Korra?

That was one small scene, containing a life update from Asami to Korra, same as from Bolin or Mako. The only difference is that we're told that Korra responded to it at some point, but also stopped contacting Asami once she left the south pole.

I would say the closeness between them was telegraphed, it wasn't until the end that was saw how this closeness manifested

> All fanart is Korra as Asami bitch

Plus then you have the wonderful implication of the women who destroyed Asami family now also rules her personal life.

Can you give me a list of scenes where this was telegraphed? I've changed my opinion on more than one show after watching it and I'm willing to here.

There's that one scene where they are driving and talking about Mako that keeps being brought up.

>Multiple Korra bait threads
>At the smae time
Let's see
This is why you are the most raidable board Sup Forums

Who cares? It's not different from normal Sup Forums

What episode? I don't remember and I can't find the scene on youtube. Do remember any more so I can look at them later?

Ya we've be fooled Sup Forums, fooled into discussing a cartoon!

In a fairly civil manner, as far as Korra threads go. Go us!

It's from book 3 and it's nothing just like every other "hint" they keep bringing up. Probably book 3 episode 1.

Start of book 3, korra and asami have a relationship reset. where they both say they are over Mako and tell each other that they are each others' best friends. then asami drops her massive responsibilities at home to travel around with Korra. Korra picks asami to watch over her body while in the spirit world. Asami's reaction to poisoned and dying korra. Asami taking care of korra at the end of book 3 and offering to drop everything to be with her at the south pole.

Asami was the only one korra wrote to in between book 3 and 4. Korra's blushing and playing with hair when asami complimented it. asami making Avatar Korra park, complete with statue.

Asami barely has any personalitty.

She is worst than Mako, Bolin, hell, worst than fucking Kai on this regard.

>offscreem character development and interaction

This is by far pure shit.

Korra doesn't pick Asami, she just goes with her because she has nothing else to do. Asami reacts the same as everyone else to Korra basicly dying. And she helps Korra dress for jinoras ceremony.

She offers to help Korra recover in the south in book 4, which Korra shoots down and Asami doesn't seem to care. They wrote mundane things from what we know, Asami built the park for Raiko when he hired her to do it, and the blush doesn't imly romance, considering it's about Korras looks, something she is a bit subconcious about which we know from book 1 where Bolin does the exact same thing.

Sup Forums loves lesbians/shipping, it's more that it was forced, and didn't feel natural, and that the later seasons of Korra were terrible.

Most of this is just Asami acting like a normal friend, things that any other character on the show would do. You can't complain that people never saw subtest on it, Sokka and Toph had way more than it, and they had less than 5 minuts of "shipping moments" on the entire show. Do you deny it?

Didn't helped that Asami had less personalitty than Appa, and her interactions with Korra were bland, like "Hello Korra, you look great today." "Oh Asami, thanks for the complement, you sure are a good friend".

All these arguments about this ending. Makes me worried that if bubbline ever does happen I need to deal with spergs for the next two to three years.

>Wasn't a big chunk of it from the letters she wrote to Korra
nothing is even implied to be romantic on those letters. Actually, when we see one of them, it's talking about normal stuff.

>asami drops her massive responsibilities at home to travel around with Korra
Like Tenzin?

>Asami's reaction to poisoned and dying korra
everyone was worried, including Tenzin.

>sami taking care of korra at the end of book 3
Tenzin took care of Korra in all of S01. It's not romantic.

>offering to drop everything to be with her at the south pole
she offered to 'stick around', it doesn't really mean that she will stay 24/7 for years. That said, she could have visited Korra in the south pole, and she doesn't even bother to do that. Tenzin, on the other hand, move his ass and visits Korra.

Nah, the shit thing about AT is that they will always bait the fans, but will never show PB and Marcy EVER actually doing anything.

this scene rused me so hard

Good. Fuck you /u/

>bait the fans
There's no difference in ratings from the episodes that are bubbline heavy to the ones that aren't. What do you want them to show? Since when do close friends make out on screen?

>implying that I wanted this pair to begin with.

I didn't, but they being in a teasing limbo is worse than any other alternative.

even more so when you'll always lose because its impossible to catter to them, they'll always consider something not correct enough and will complain instead of be grateful

how it did so?

Honest question, I'm not a clever man,I don't know how to do these analysis of a whole media critically

This was so out of nowhere for me that it actually made me burst out laughing.

Someone is homophobic.

This.

Farquads detected get outta mah swamp

How so?

Because nothing will actually happen.

its not that it was gay, but that it was pandering that had little to no build up

>A gambit to keep their legacy intact.
That's sensible. That very ending seems to be the only thing people remember about the series, or at least its fans.