Was it really that shit that no one is talking about it?

I was going to see it at the cinema but Sup Forums is worrying me because I don't see any discussions on the topic. Was it shit or kino Sup Forums?

it was poorly marketed
it's a spy thriller with a few action scenes, but they advertised it as being like John Wick

it's perfectly acceptable but has lots of somewhat meaningless subplots that lead nowhere in particular.

i loved it its better then john wick 2

What about that lesbian sex scene user??

It's a fine movie. Nothing outstanding, but a solid movie.

gonna go check it out at a matinee.

Under 1 min sex scene barely a sex scene.

Neither. I'd give it like a 6 or 7/10. It can't really decide what kind of movie it wants to be - it doesn't quite work as a straight-up action film because there's too much filler. And it doesn't quite work as a political thriller/spy movie, because the "campy action flick with a banging soundtrack" side of it constantly undercuts your ability to take the plot seriously.

It's worth a watch, though. It's basically just a middle-of-the-road Bond film with Charlize as 007.

Are the action sequences long?

>I was going to see it at the cinema
you probably have shit taste to begin with, I'm sure you'll love it

but, you did get to see both the female characters boobs

>going to see a film at the cinema=you have shit taste

Where have your fucking standards gone kid??

Saw it in the theater. I wouldn't call it kino but it was a pretty good spy flick, 7/10.

There's a terrific one-shot action sequence about halfway through the film that's absolutely brutal and incredibly effective, the rest of the action stuff is decent but not nearly as exciting.

At one point she goes into a Berlin theater to hide from the KGB and ends up at a screening of Tarkovsky's Stalker, and she fights a dude in front of the screen. Pretty cool action set-piece and a nice reference to an actual kino

Yes very long. 10 min+ fight scene.

Yeah so what? Tbh it was as long as it needed to be.

to be fair it's like three scenes if you count the bathroom kiss, sex scene, and them cuddling later

but I agree the sex scene was way too edited

That sequence was really the highlight of the film. Some of it was surprisingly graphic, I've seen worse, but it kind of catches you by surprise.

It's alright, but I was expecting more so I left disappointed at first.

Does it have the same kind of pacing and as much action as John Wick 2?

It's great for what it is. Could have been better without the meaningless side plots. Would have worked better with a more bare bones John Wick plot.
The action, at its best, is on par with Raid 2. It's brutal, and Theron does her own stunts. It's worth seeing for this alone.
It's really frustrating because it's a 7/10 movie that could have been 8/10 if it didn't rely so heavily on the double crossing/triple crossing/quadruple crossing that structures the entire plot.
Just think of it as a music video and you'll have a good time

This.

JW > AB > JW2

The Raid 2 is a very good comparison point, actually. A few great action setpieces in the middle of a mediocre political thriller

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. This is too serious to be autistic music action kino like Baby Driver but not serious enough to be the political spy movie it is written as. Still had good action and cinematography though.

Theron was really smooth. She surprised me. The plot kind of fell apart towards the end but the movie kind of lost steam at that point. The whole flashback thing didn't do much for me.

This hypes me up for Deadpool 2 because it tells me the action sequences have a high chance at being very good.

Deadpool seems like a very good fit for this director.

I don't think it was trying to be a serious political movie, that's only the backdrop to a silly pop film. The Berlin Wall is just a great mis en scene.
And I liked that the movie had a serious tone and played it straight faced, rather than some ironic tongue in cheek thing like JW. It's refreshing

Theon it's like 80 years old in Hollywood years. Definitely gross, my man

I'm actually happy that Ryan Reynolds forced out Tim Miller because Reynolds gets what most Deadpool fans want, and Leitch knows how to direct action movies.

>The Berlin Wall is just a great mis en scene.
Come on, user, don't do that.

I've been boycotting female directed, written or led movies ever since the women only screenings of Wonder Woman.

Her face is aesthetic as fuck.

Cool

I liked how insead of "glorious female-power" they beat the shit out of her, basically fights are long and exhausting, ended by gunshots. After fights she is devastated and in next scenes bruises aren't gone.
Story is repetitive (another spy having to find and secure agent list, Mission Impossible or older Bond all over again) and pointlessly over-complicated, but neo-noir style and new-wave soundtracks turns out great. Solid 7/10.

Extra point for Furiosa and mummy girl making out, in sexy but not schocking way. Don't get horny too much, there is like 2 minutes (3 scenes) of this theme in whole movie.

I liked it a lot and the soundtrack was great. The action sequences were pretty good and seemed realistic(ish) for a girl. They were pretty brutal.

ok princess

Yeah it's actually realistic, a handful of dudes overpower her at points, but her superior skills allow her to do shit.

Who hurt you, user?

This is literally the only thing they advertised.

but that was a theater decision

Wonder Woman was pretty good.

The Jews tricked you into avoiding the best movie of the year.

I'm nowhere never went to Alamo in the first place, so a boycott of them would have zero impact. So I picked a more vulnerable target.

>best movie of the year
not by a long shot

>Jews tricked me into not spending money.

This strains credulity desu

>I know how to fit in with Sup Forums
>blame da joos xD

joo detected

I wouldn't know.

>MOVIE
>WOMAN LEAD
BACK 2 THE KITCHEN

>women are having their own theater screening, goyim!
>know what that means?
>better boycott the whole gender and don't reproduce, you'll feel better that way!
That at least is I think what his thought process was like

Piss off customer
He spends his money elsewhere

Is this really that novel of a concept?

You're right, people would be better off watching product placement kino Emoji movie. Nothing beats a glorious adventure to Dropbox.

False dichotomy

This movie is a disaster but the extended fight kino sequence at the end makes the whole thing worth it.

I disagree that it was a mess in any way, but yes, the extended fight sequence is the best I've seen in quite a while.

Disaster is harsh but the story is entirely forgettable. The director only cared about slick shots, lesbians, and action scenes.

If you let sex draw you into movies I hate to say it but you most definatley have shitty normie tier taste.

Does this have something to do with the song Atomic by Blondie? Even the girl in the cover looks like Debbie Harry.

A friend of mine saw the poster from a distance and said 'Oh cool they're doing a biopic of Debbie Harry'
I told him he was a fag for liking Blondie

nothing wrong with that 2bqh
wow, rude

>Cold war spies in Berlin
>Charlize Theron
>John Wick type action
>realistic fights, no grill power bullshit
>80s synthpop
It's gonna take a lot for me to dislike this.

Really? I'll go see it then

Why are you letting TV decide what you watch?

yes but the the movie grinds to a halt after they're over

Are there gratuitous lesbian sex scenes?

It's like John Wick but every time the action stops the screen just cuts to black for 30 minutes.

Does McAvoy steal the show again?

This is an embarrassing post.

>theon

neck yourself fag.

Sup Gal!

Please tell me this is a joke.

>it's a spy thriller with a few action scenes, but they advertised it as being like John Wick
Welp, the only reason I was considering seeing it in theaters is because it seemed like John Wick: Woman Edition. Is it worth watching anyway?

deal with it its just a direct to video flick like hobo with a shotgun.

bump

alright dickless