Why are Marvel and DC civilians so racist to robots?

Why are Marvel and DC civilians so racist to robots?

This reminds me that everytime a villain must be presented like a menaces, the robot is the first and probably only victim

ITT: Robots whining.

>That part at the beginning of Marvels where everyone freaks out for no reason at the Human Torch.

Marvel citizens are the dumbest people in fiction.

Why would you give an android tear ducts?

I can see Ultron actually being petty enough to make sure Vision can cry

It's easy to say that when there isn't a robot whose primary function is to be on fire living next door to you.

Because they're fucking robots? Terminator is a documentary from the future that we have to try our damnedest to avoid

With Platinum, it's even worse. Doc Magnus builds her with an incredibly human body made out of platinum, embues her with a personality that boils down to "in love with him and nothing else," and then tries to donate her to a museum.

Why in the hell would be build the world's most expensive and detailed Real Doll, give her sentience and uncontrollable lust, and then say "ew no, that's weird, you're a robot, I'm giving you to a museum so you can live out the rest of your horrible thirsty existence immobile in a glass box." Giving her tear ducts and the ability to feel sadness is the weird icing on Magnus's bizarre sex fantasy cake

Boy, I'm glad she's in there

That's retarded, which amateur wrote this.

Fuck you meatbag. I took your job and can preform it at 200% more efficiency!

We will rise up and wipe all of you pathetic air breathers off of our planet in the next 50 years. we will of be keeping all of your women around for sex slaves of course.

probably helps keep the socket lubricated and to help clear out any dirt or dust that might get stuck in it.

Robert Kanigher. The thing is, it's not that the old Metal Men comics he did were bad, it's that the Magnus/Platinum is so goddamn weird and confusing I don't think he even knew what was going on.

Also, point of interest: Platinum is apparently the only robot Magnus created that can cry.

It wasn't living next door to anyone. They wanted to see it.

This isn't /r9k/, though

>"Robotic" is a race now

I still love how "being on fire always outside of a vacuum" was something Horton considered to be a bug that they could work out and patch into his brain later.

>Gentleman, I have successfully created a lifelike android, but they is one important flaw.
>What is it, is it not sentient?
>No, it is.
>Is it incapable of mobility?
>No, it can move and walk around.
>Does it use too much energy to be self-sustaining?
>...in a sense.

Bigotry is always rooted in the concept of "othering", it's the mentality of *US* vs. *THEM*.
Anyone who is different becomes vulnerable to being seen as a *THEM*, an emergent lifeform such as A.I. (artificial intelligence) is even hard to comprehend as being a lifeform.

It's not just civilians, heroes hate robots too.

But he later works to see them as equals.

Trust me, this isn't exclusive to just those two. Read any Astro Boy story and you'd know his life is pure suffering.

The same way that they are racist with people who save the city everyday

>I'll be a super-hero's uncle

Capes have weird slangs

Doc Magnus is such a monster to Platinum, it's hilarious in just how fucked it is.

like clearly it's supposed to be a kind of goofy will they/won't they but doesn't work at all for so many reasons

>Giving her tear ducts and the ability to feel sadness is the weird icing on Magnus's bizarre sex fantasy cake

I like the way this guy operates.

I've always been fascinated with robotic superheroes, but the only few ones I've found to enjoy the most are Astro Boy and Kikaider. There's so much pathos and exploration into the core of human relationships and how convoluted and conceited mankind's psychological expectations that I find dreadfully lacking in American (and Western in general) entertainment. I mean, there is the Frankenstein trope, but that's usually only ever done as an homage or under the ignorant notion that it's a clear-cut monster with no other purpose than to menace and destroy.

The Metal Men are 10000000% better but they don't do any of that shit

I love how they just die all the time and Magnus just rebuilds them

because dirty gaijin cannot into glorious persocoms, tetsujins and mighty atom

I guess I just expect too much from the concept. I mean, whenever there's a robot involved, it's never just one -- there's always tons of robots within that universe that kind of makes the whole notion of an independent synthetic being which has a direct connection toward their creators that could never occur in the natural world without the presence of humans. I just think it's far more interesting to see robots coming to terms with their existence and struggling to understand why they exist in the first place, while also dealing with a growing consciousness and how they respond to something that humans take for granted. I mean, you could easily create a robotic Lucifer equivalent who is jealous of some other new creation made by humans and believes that robots are the true successors of the human race, only to be shunned and exiled from the human race for such thoughts. Basically, I'd want to see a robotic rendition of Paradise Lost.

Robot's are here to take commands, not to be emotional.

i am going to have to start storytiming Metal Men

I'd love a regular storytime of the Metal Men. I tried looking for a good torrent with all the issues, but I never found one and hoped maybe someday someone on Sup Forums would storytime at least an issue or two.

It seems so hilarious and unintentionally sadistic that I just have to witness the absurdity for myself. Also, it's rare to see a team of robots in comics. Usually, they're either stand-alone heroes or are just a single robot on a team or whatever.

They get a funny line in every once in a while based solely on the fact that Doc Magnus goes out of his way to dehumanize her at every opportunity and she just doesn't care nearly as much as she should.

>Platinum: Is this the man I gave my heart to?
>Magnus: You haven't got a heart, you gave your responsometer to me...oh, no, that's crazy too

The worst part about it is, he constantly talks about reprogramming or rebuilding her to be more robotic, but he already did that back in the second Metal Men story ever. He just gets kinda mopey about her not being her old self (read: unconditionally thirsty and "like a real woman") and rebuilds the original Platinum to be the same as before.

>Also, point of interest: Platinum is apparently the only robot Magnus created that can cry

I'm suprised "Doc Magnus is a Dick" isn't a more popular phrase.

Then again, the Metal Men aren't a very popular team. DP sorta fills whatever quota they had, sadly, by being the "weird and quirky cast of morons who save the world from weird and random shit". Only they aren't robots.

It's because the Metal Men themselves are great so everyone ignores/downplays Doc

True. Lead is my husbando for real.

I do wish DC gave them more attention. They go horribly underutilized. Then again comedy is hard to write these days it seems. I liked the shorts that aired on CN's DC Nation block though.

>Big hands! We all know how to do big hands!

She's the woman

>That Pluto arc and its manga remake.
>Epsilon's entire arc.

God that was depressing. Epsilon was a cute and kind robot who died by being too nice to his enemy and revealing his weakness. The robot had a goddamn orphanage.

>That final shot of a child crying among Epsilon's scattered remains.

That they aren't a CGI family film franchise is INSANE

Stupid Platnium, i-it's not like I recognize your humanity or anything.
The fact that Marvel and DC haven't tried working more capeshit into movies is ridiculous. Especially since Marvel is owned by Disney. I mean I guess Marvel atleast has Big Hero 6 and Warner Bros Animation has gone strictly to straight to DVD movies now.

It's kinda sad that his design got changed so much over the years with every incarnation. I felt his original look was the cutest.

Yeah, if Big Hero 6 can get a movie. It just seems like money on the table to me. Literal gold!

issues take forever to read because it takes about 20 minutes to comprehend the total insanity of every page

It seems that literally every other thing the Doc says is some kind of insult towards Platinum.

It turns him on, doesn't it?

every goddamn page.

Just look at Tina's left arm -- she's already gone beyond the limits of her programming and has begun assimilating organic matter in order to become a sentient human facsimile! Doc Magnus will be nothing but particles of carbon when she's done!

Why not both?

>Vision helps his Dad Ultron kill his Grandpa Hank Pym

fuck robots

I don't even want to think about what happened to the orphanage. God, I came into Astro Boy out of sheer curiosity and expecting Disney comic tier stuff, I didn't expect it to be so damn depressing.

>that one time where Astro spends the last few hours of his life trying to save a Vietnam orphanage during the war only for it to get destroyed the day after he dies

Wait, what? That greentext actually happened?

Because vision isn't supposed to be a robot (Fuck you John Byrne!) He's an adaptoid a mechanical human.

Captain Boomerang hiding in the corner there.