Why is this considered a masterpiece again?

why is this considered a masterpiece again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qk4rPnfOdHA
youtu.be/KQEDojPZ7YI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because of the first half, did you even look at your own post, fucktard

cause they made it about a jewbie, then screwed Sgt. hartman with an Oscar cause the mean Sgt wanted the jewbie to reverse himself. how dare he.

>30 minutes followed by an hour of generic inspid bullshit is kino

jej

Who did win the Oscar for best supporting actor that year?

literally infinitely rewatchable

casted actual people with military experience

has elements of humor

R rating

You totally missed the point of the movie.

If you don't love this movie, you might have low testosterone

>DUDE WAS IS BADASS LMAO

What? I get the sense you people think you can just say anything and it's automatically right, as long as you shill about Jews a bit

No one seems to understand what Kubrick's doing with this - the first half is powerful, sure, because Ermey's performance is devastating. But it's actually a movie about men without women. Recall there are only two female figures in it: the "hookers" and the sniper - these women only appear in the second half of the film

second half is pleb filter you wouldn't understand KINO dude it's about the duality of the man all that
very deep for your understanding

is this the most quoteable movie? before i had ever watched it i feel like i had heard every line from the first half and many from the 2nd just by growing up in america.

The second half is the pleb filter kid.

>growing up stupid

RIGHT AFTER YOU EAT THE PEANUTS OUT OF MY SHEEEIT

>he hated second part
how to spot a pleb

I prefer the sequel, 2001: You'll only remember the first half

kino-analysis
youtube.com/watch?v=qk4rPnfOdHA

this is a nice observation. It reminds me of the scene where joker and cowboy are cleaning the head and joker says
"I want to slip my tube steak in you sister. what do you take for it?"
"what do you have?"
everywhere i look i see people taking this literally like cowboy was going to pimp out his sister, but i see it as joker trying to buy sex from cowboy himself. Ive never been in the military but the people I know who have would talk about how big of a deal bartering was. Things like trading the candies that come in MREs or the cough drop from the store. I wouldnt imagine any of them traded sex, but it seems depraved enough to fit in this movie.

>I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture and kill them.
>I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill.
Was he /ourguy/?

are you fucking retarded?
it was just some banter between friends who haven't seen each other in a long time

this was still the bootcamp scene

You're mom is still the bootcamp scene.

>second half is the most generic Vietnam movie ever
>kino

kek. the second half truly is a pleb filter but not the kind that brainlets here try to say it is

>most generic Vietnam movie ever
>has some of the most iconic scenes and dialogue in history of film
too beaucoop for you?

>These Gooks starts playing

You gaht gerfrien Vietnaaam?

>Hey, start the cameras. This is "Vietnam - the Movie."
>Yeah, Joker can be John Wayne. I'll be a horse.
>The Rock can be a rock.
>I'll be Ann-Margret.
>Animal Mother can be a rabid buffalo.
>I'll be General Custer.
>Well, who'll be the Indians?
>Hey, we'll let the gooks play the Indians.
Don't you know about the bird?

>so generic that literally everyone aped off of it

100% pleb filter alright, shows who can and cannot distinguish kino from garbo

And what's exactly the point of the movie?

The second half isn't a very good representation of what the war was like. When Vietnam vets came to my school in 6th grade on veterans day to talk about the war they all said Apocalypse Now was a much more accurate representation of what the war was like for them and that Full Metal Jacket was very Hollywood. Which is funny considering Apocalypse Now was made 5 or 6 years before Full Metal

It's considered generic by modern plebs because every single movie after it copied those scenes

My grandpa was in 'Nam and he said the opposite.

>they all said Apocalypse Now was a much more accurate representation of what the war was like for them
Did they take a lot of acid and river cruises into Cambodia?
Oliver Stone was the only one who was actually there.

I think it was trying to suggest something about the duality of man.

>it's just like a cowboy and indians movie
>we'll be the cowboys
>gooks will be the indians
what did he mean by this?
also worst part of the movie

The anti war film that show what kind of effect the war has on the human condition. It's not the best of the best l, but previous sentence is the why this film is considered to be one of the best. Check "Platoon", "Causalities Of War", & "Path Of Glory" if you haven't.

Last week I was watching the first half with my mom for the first time
>oh no user he is showing off his training
>he has that demonic look in his eyes!
>user please promise me don't be like him no matter how what happens on your job
It was fun

I believe the screenwriter for Apocalypse Now was in the war

Adam Baldwin.

youtu.be/KQEDojPZ7YI
That tracking shot is fucking fantastic you cinematically illiterate pleb.

wow who would have thought that being in different zones of the war would give you different feels about it

south vietnam was much more orderly and structured war than the fucking cambodia border where skirmishes happened and where if americans happen to cross the border and were captured it would bring china to the war

you're a homosexual

>You'll only remember the first half
>"Me love you long time" is quoted all the fucking time.

did you watch it or was your face in your phone the whole time?

>implying I wasn't watching it on my phone

Best Vietnam movie ever shot in England

>easy, you just don't lead em so much!

>Did they take a lot of acid and river cruises into Cambodia?

Yes.

>second half is the most generic Vietnam movie ever

lol fuck off

They literally replicated an entire Vietnamese city outskirts just for the final battle. They built every building from fucking scratch. There is NO movie about Vietnam with as much genuine scenery, equipment, tanks, choppers etc as that movie.

Fucking tard.

>M.I.C.K.E.Y.M.O.U.S.E
>Mickey Mouse
>MICKEY MOUSE
>Mickey Mouse

then those "vets" were probably the ones who never saw any action but go around telling their stories. there is no recorded history of any base going FUBAR in vietnam like in some scenes in Apocalypse.

most accurate vietnam movies were FMJ and deer hunter. Especially the city scenes.

i pranked called someone when I was a kid and he said he'd cut off my head and shit down my shoulders

never knew why he said that until I watched FMJ

The Yuengling thing?

TBQH I thought Hamburger Hill and platoon got routine combat arms military life down the best out of all the classic 'Nam movies.

Blatantly racist but not actually sincere banter is common even nowadays, as is how Alphabet acted like a dumb boot (muh Mustang or whatever shitty meme car he wanted) the whole time. Same with the medic being that one guy in every unit with personal problems who gets belligerently drunk at every opportunity and has to be reined in before he causes another incident.

Platoon got the combat/field life part the best, probably because Oliver Stone had firsthand experience as an infantry puke. Pissed off or pissed on 24/7 is the norm in the field as is all the mini power struggles over whose squad gets what duty or some other seemingly insignificant thing.

>there is no recorded history of any base going FUBAR in vietnam like in some scenes in Apocalypse.
It's an adaptation of heart of darkness using 'nam as the setting to give the film some contemporary context.