Why do people hate this movie? I thought it was great

Why do people hate this movie? I thought it was great

>the gory effects
>the music
>that robot fight
>that tweest (although I did see it coming)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Retconned iconic parts of the Alina life cycle cause of Ridleys "muh vision".
How the fuck does a face higher lay an egg I a guy after only being on his face for a second and chestbursters now look like miniature adults and grow full size in 5 minutes?

Did you miss the part about the pathogen being highly mutable?

>Why do people hate this movie?
characters making insanely stupid decisions over and over again. it's even worse than the average horror flick.

They made one stupid decision and that's it

Killing the engineers for one thing

It felt like an episode of a TV show; I'm not alone in thinking that, right? The characters touch down, hang around a hub, run back to where the film started, and then it ends on a cliffhanger- where's that a wahcky David going to show up to next?! It's just hollow, and nothing in it feels meaningful. Main actress was alright, but nothing more than "Ripley again, AGAIN" and her talents were wasted on the film.

Name it.

>robot fight

I actually laughed when this happened, what the fuck riddley was thinking?

yeah it was badly planned especially the aggressive coyotes in the wheat that was awful and killed the mood

>thinks thats the engineers

Diverting to the distress call

it was no twist
that shit was obviously coming the second Walter started repairing itself

That's wrong. Diverting to check the planet out was the right thing to do as it cost them absolutely nothing.

Going down to the planet after 5 minutes, on the other hand, was retarded. But by then we're already in the third or 4th offense.

They should have just let the audience in on the twist at the end and made it as creepy as possible instead of pretending that we were all so dumb we wouldn't totally see it coming. No one was fooled. That is the director's fault. This is the same Ridley Scott who wanted Deckard to be shown to be a replicant and got overruled by pretty much everyone involved, but no one is overruling him now.

>the gory effects
...were all right, but nothing special, and certainly not in themselves enough to redeem the film.

>the music
...would have been great if Covenant had actually lived up to the 1979 movie. It's more insulting than anything to re-use music from the classic in such an unworthy follow-up, and it smacks of desperation. "Let's just reference the original as much as possible! Surely that will stop everyone from noticing what a turd we've made here."

>that robot fight
...was fucking garbage that belonged in an Alien movie about as much as Cameron's shooty shooty space marines belonged in an Alien movie (read: not at all). Total capeshit schlock. Embarrassing to watch, can't imagine how Fassbender must have felt having to actually perform it.

...didn't save the movie, and it was heavily telegraphed and predictable. I'll grant that the actual scene where dyke woman enters hypersleep was a bit chilling, but credit there goes to Fassie, not Ridley Scott.

Honestly, it's a fucking terrible movie, which just doesn't know what it wants to do. It goes too far with everything. If you thought Prometheus was a bit on the nose with all the Bible/mythology stuff, this movie dials it up to 11. It's just an unrelentingly inferior version of a movie that was already executed perfectly 38 years ago. Completely pointless, soulless; a blatant cash-grab that sucks the life and joy out of everything that made the original great. I've never been more disappointed in a movie I pirated.

It was decent but forgettable, it just kind of felt like a remake of Prometheus but done much better.

abysmmal. Ridley should never work again. Not even the visuals were that good unlike Prometheus.

I remember the time when I hated the "coincidences happening to move the plot". Now I will take that shit every single day instead of simians characters acting like fucking braindeads to move the plot.

Tennessee's wife really pissed me off. I fucking despised her very existence. She fucked over the captains wife who was actually trying to save a dude, then she blows up the ship? Fuck that bitch.

undoubtedly the worst and dumbest character

what made the original movie good to most people? You didnt see the alien much.............puts a bright picture of the alien on the movie poster

I just hate how Ridley got cucked by the studio/audience after Prometheus. Yeah, it was flawed, but it was still an original story with a lot of potential to be expanded upon.

>Ash
>Bishop
>Call
>David
>Walter
That's not how it's supposed to go Ridley

This movie felt more like a proof of concept than an actual film. Even from the way it starts. It starts abrupt, quick, James Franco dies and we don't even know what type of person he was.

The Neomorph was also very abrupt and quick. Everything about the film felt, like there was no time to establish anything. They get on the planet, and instantly they're having trouble.

Idk, i felt like there needed to be more character moments. More lead up.

Stupid crews are you trademark of the Alien franchise since the first movie, pleb.
You have to go back!

They weren't stupid in the first movie though... They were completely unprepared AND were being fucked over by Ash.

Ripley specifically told him not to open the doors and he did it anyways.

Not wearing space suits on the planet of the wheat lmaos

whole movie was one big fucking cope out for the director and writers not to explain anything about the engineers.

>lets just genocide all of the engineers or offspring of engineers so that we dont have to explain shit!

I wish I didnt pay for this shit

thinking space was any place for humans. robots will be the only explorers.

also trillionS$S dollar ship - some red neck & a chick can override all safety protocols. suuuuure.

>where did the aliens come from
>DUDE WE INDIRECTLY CREATED THEM LMAO

>Retconned iconic parts of the Alina life cycle

Found the AVPgalaxy faggot

>this is wheat
>I know wheat
>yeah but who planted it
hmm really made me think

>That's wrong. Diverting to check the planet out was the right thing to do as it cost them absolutely nothing.

Hey guys let's explore this unregistered planet without any equipment. I have another idea, let's split the group to see if something happens! Oh no, this guy is sick, I'm gonna take him to the ship without any precaution so I can spread whatever this is it to everyone! Look look, this plant looks like something I need to get very close to it to see it better!

IT IS A HORROR FLICK

THEY ALWAYS HAVE BEEN HORROR FLICKS

I wish Ridley had died instead of Tony

Fun movie but horrible alien movie

this movie is so fucking bad it retroactively ruined the whole series for me
Its goes from pretentious shit to horror/slasher to full on action riding spaceship around while it's attempting to take off while smashing into literally everything
the CGI looks like complete shit too, prometheus may not have been great but it looked much better overall

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
because you are a pleb.
although the things you listed were the better parts of this mess

it didn't retcon anything, all of the movies are still canon according to 20th century fox who owns the brand
The whole queen lifecycle is probably created by David during his experiments which are implied to happen after the end of the movie, in order to make xenos indipendent and able to self replicate

>pleb
>namefag
Kys cunt

In alien the derelict is stated to have been there for thousands of years. Covenant is set a few decades prior to alien. How does that work out if it isnt retconned you dumb cunt?

Its a fucking sci fi. If you expect real science don't watch sci fi

I saw it coming as soon as David cut his hair.

>confusing scifi with scifantasy

>david wipes out the engineers
>david creates new (alien) life
>muh David is god now

itt: bunch of whiners living in the past

T. Redditor

>thinking this movie was great
>not killing yourself
your move user

whats the difference?

>namefag
>projecting
>implying
Its a fun movie movie but the worst alien movie thus far. Kys cunt

I didn't project or imply anything.
kys illiterate trash

Scifi is based on science, and usually has alot of detail about it. Scifantasy is star wars. Deals with magic and mysticism as well as science.

>reusing the whole alien vs claw thing
>daylight xenomorphs - bye bye suspense
>obvious plot twist at the end (it's david not walter)

I actually liked Prometheus. I actually learned new things about the xenomorphs from it. What the fuck happened to the sequel we were supposed to get?

Instead we got David killing the engineers and playing God with life creation experiments.

how does that have to do with their life cycle? That's what you were referring to in your original post. I agree that the Engineer ship with the alien eggs cannot possibly get to where it's supposed to be in 18 years and that it's retarded, Fox introduced the ability to time travel for engineer ships in an attempt to save it I guess but it's equally as stupid. Nothing about the xenomorph life cycle was altered or removed from the existing canon however

>literally implies i think the movie is good
>still namefagging
>triggered by an user on an user site
reddit tier. Kys

Time travel?

>Nothing about the xenomorph life cycle was altered or removed from the existing canon however
The first xenomorph emerges from the captain's body fully formed within a short amount of time. It didn't need to gestate in the host body for a long time like in the original movie and it has arms and legs.

yeah it's mentiones offhandedly in the new comics
the authors specified multiple times that producers from fox were heavily involved into making everything fit the existing canon movies and novels, so I'm just taking a guess here and saying that they mentioned the engineer ships can time travel because they're gonna need an explanation for the engineer fossil in alien 1, it is just my guess though
the comics are pretty retarded but I can forgive a lot to a comic that has threewat battles between predators, engineers and xenomorphs

The whole Xenomorph (neomorph?) bursting out with full arms and legs and walking around occasionally on two feet with human-like posture was downright hilarious. I laughed anytime it showed up.

I had low expectations from the first trailer, since the complete lack of suspense and daytime just told me that Ridley has no idea what he's doing with the series.

and yet it is not the same xenomorph yoy see in alien 1, it looks slightly different it is also extremely weaker.
The movie ends with David starting off new experiments so it will likely tie up with how the xenomorphs worked in the original movie, maybe he has to make the gestation period longer to strenghten them up, we don't know, but if the one in Covenant were already the ultimate xeno we already know there would be no porpouse to end the movie with david trying to perfect it

>it looks slightly different it is also extremely weaker.
Didn't seem to look that different to me, and was it really weaker? It seemed faster and deadlier than the original movie's xeno, and though that could be down to better effects work and the like being available, the original crew of the first movie had no weapons on board save a flamethrower, meanwhile the crew in the new movie has firearms and they still nearly get wiped out.

Hell the white neomorph has a much more effective infection method and it seems to be more deadly than any other alien we've seen in the series so far.

they basically remade prometheus in a boring and stale way

>stupid crew
Have you actually seen Alien or Aliens?

Yeah, and neither of the crews in those movies are stupid.

The crew in Alien are a bunch of bums way in over their heads and unprepared, the crew in Aliens are over confident and sabotaged by a corporate stooge who deliberately set them up to fail and an ill prepared commander.

so we all agree that Fassbender alone carries this shitfest of a movie?

>Stupid cast/crew made a shit movie
OH you want us to list completely why its shit?

>Script is literally a retread of Aliens and Promethus
>Actors suck
>Alien's suck
>David was the only good part of the movie and his motivations made no sense, he made no sense.
>The Script was pants on head retarded.
>everyone takes their helmets off again

all i wanted was more noomi and david bants instead we get a bunch of shit, the new cast was so generic and bad

This has to be bait, one simply can't be this clueless. Maybe it is possible, seing how many people can't understand a mildly intricate plot on this board.

I'd really love to know the thinking behind "Fassbender and Rapace carried Prometheus, so let's get rid of Rapace"

>>everyone takes their helmets off again
I am absolutely certain Scott did this to ruse everyone. There's no way he did it without any sense of irony.

>take off helmets as soon as you hit the ground
>smoke a fucking joint in the middle of the woods

i was in fucking tears when the second girl slipped on the blood

worst movie I've seen in years

There was a theory that David didn't create the aliens. What was it?

When a character, or even a few characters do stupid shit just to advance the plot it's forgivable. When all your characters do stupid shit just to advance the plot it gets a bit insulting.

I don't agree with David's motivations making no sense though. He's a machine that was given the ability to create and learn, went *a bit* rogue and proceeded to play god. He probably killed the engineers for the same reason he put the goo in that guys drink, just wanted to see what it would do. Probably wanted to keep his head on too.

That guy is right about everything else though, they would have been much better off doing a straight continuation of Prometheus rather than trying to u-turn back towards Alien so abruptly. Or they could've just cut ties with Prometheus and started fresh, trying to do both made the whole thing a mess.

>I thought it was great
it's fucking retarded.

also, that jew shilling and promotion of interracial couples (other than the jew couple)... holy fuck!

this, everyone was racemixing or gay

>Imagine being this mad
Heh

I will say that the captain did a good job in the film, his acting was as good as Fassbender.

yeah franco did pretty well

AN ANDROID THAT GROWS HAIR

BRAVO RIDLEY, BRAVO

the painting only worked because the background is bright and the trees look very brooding/ominous

its like the people never took a proper arts course

>dude just turn off your brain
Retarded.

Nothing was retconned. The xenos in covenent are not the same as alien 1 by a long shot, and the whole point of David's experiments was to RECREATE what the engineers had already accomplished. Thinking back to Prometheus, it's possible that the murals partially inspired him.

I feel like we're missing something... They wouldn't choose Walter at random, would they?

Producers (and uncredited writers) of the original Alien, David Giler and Walter Hill.

>
>The xenos in covenent are not the same as alien 1 by a long shot
I thought this was obvious by the fact the eggs and face huggers were different to every other representation on screen

>Making him adhere to bullshit he didn't do

>people will wear full hazmat suits when visiting a village in Africa
>will wear t-shirts and ballcaps on an alien planet because DUDE THE AIR IS BREATHABLE LMOA

>the peak of the Engineer civilization is a planet with one fucking small city

what the fuck?
I expected their homeworld to be like an HR Giger Coruscant

It was a better place

Watched this last night. Absolute dogshit. That scene where you see the alien climb down the ladder on the ship and the alien's POV shots made it look like a B grade horror flick. Story was atrocious too. Who gives a fuck about the androids

>this, everyone was racemixing or gay
Ridley Scott always has racemixing (white woman, black man) in his movies. Guy's a fucking cuck. This tiem he even had white man and a black woman couple. Only jews were not racemixing.

Disgusting man. Glad this movie failed.

>AN ANDROID THAT GROWS HAIR
The whole movie is stupid beyond belief.

You'd think they'd send a drone down to check shit out and you'd think the Captain would stay on the ship or at least a 2nd in command... but nope, they're all retarded and go down.

Everything in this movie is just stupid. Writers have an 80-90 IQ methinks.

Yep. Then it was completely obvious when you don't see how the fight ends. The entire last act of the movie is just waiting for David to fuck everyone over, you know nothing else that happens matters.

>Who gives a fuck about these sentient androids
How to spot a sociopath.

>the alien's POV shots
This is the biggest mystery of all to me. It's incredibly obvious from the start that you just shouldn't do it, but IF you're going to do it – IF you're going to be that retarded – there are a million and one ways they could have made the POV filter more interesting than what they actually went with. I can't wrap my head around why that shit wasn't scrapped, if nothing else in the movie.

The running joke about decapitation is wonderful.

isn't it usually the androids that get decapitated though?

this was terrifying

I mean David in Prometheus was an obvious reference for sure but then Covenant goes and has the escape craft hit one of those giant engineer statues and knock off its head. It's so silly, I love it.