HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Explain yourselves!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W8KYqhVPkN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks about right

not distinguishing between religions...

correlation=/=causation

I seriously can't read that graph. I'm retarded.

America despite being heavily religious is the most powerful nation in the world.

Checkmate non-Protestants

dude that's pretty pathetic.

Remove muslim countries.

>Grouping muslim countries with Christian ones
Fuck off, cuck

Ironically enough the USA has no state religion unlike many world powers

But a significant statistical claim can be made. If we did a hypothesis test with 95% certainty would you be happy?

If your lazy and/or incompetent as a nation to improve your living standard then the people have to turn to God to get through the day.

If you live in a first world country, you don't need 'hope' or 'faith'... you have doctors and science instead.

>All religions are the same

I'm irreligious and this is a stupid fucking graph

>.508 r2 value
>thinking it means anything worthwhile

it means that in countries where the human development index is shit, religion tends to be important and vice versa.

The real question is how this is surprising, considering islam exists.

The other question is where the fuck china is on that scale. China has state atheism and is a fucking terrible place to live in, is it just not represent on that chart or something?

And yet another question could be how religious importance is measured

>% values on a linear scale
god damn mexican intellectuals

He probably means that he has no idea how linear regression works, and therefore doesn't know how to read a graph of it.

I bet if you filtered that graph by specific religions, it wouldn't even make a difference.

>religious importance is clearly a logarithmic function
>linear

My autism cannot take this and it just makes the whole plot untrustworthy for me.

I like it better when people who know maths take care of my statistical data.

This is so annoying to explain.

Lower religion doesn't cause countries to become richer. Becoming richer causes countries to become less religious.

This

just because A->B does not mean that B!->A
mexican intellectuals pls go

That would be true if one "implied" the other, but they don't. They just correlate. Fucking weeb.

spbp
Asking "how religious is this country" is like asking "how many colors are in this painting?"

in the sense that you are asking a question that doesn't matter, about something that does matter

That would be true if there was actually a significant difference between religions and development, but overall there isn't

>Lower religion doesn't cause countries to become richer. Becoming richer causes countries to become less religious.
>cause

Does this graph plot jewish subversion?

Add a JEW axis so it becomes clearer.

#BETTERDATA

>DUDE THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE TO RELIGIONS

but what if they believe different things, and therefore form public policy in different ways?

>YEAH WELL NO DIFFERENCE IN DEVELOPMENT OF NATIONS WITH DIFFERENT RELIGIONS

I'd really like to see that claim backed up. Doesn't sound right to me, friend. Especially when some religions promote more economic values than others and we can see a clear cut divergence of civilizations where some are far ahead of others.

>being this pedantic
AUTISTE
Fine I misspoke. The thing is though one always proceeds the other.

Also causation is a spook. It's just constant conjunction nigga. Read some Glorious Western Philosophy you Shinto faggot

>I'd really like to see that claim backed up. Doesn't sound right to me, friend. Especially when some religions promote more economic values than others and we can see a clear cut divergence of civilizations where some are far ahead of others.

You can just look at it easily. For example lets take the most Christian Places vs most Islamic Places. This would be (latin america+sub-saharan africa vs. North Africa and middle-east). On average the countries are about equivalent.

Europe and America don't really count as highly religious. I would also exclude Gulf states for muslims since their wealth is primarily resource based.

Now what if you take your head out of your ass and include Europe on the basis that it used to be religious?

what a shitty graph
who the fuck did this? kek

>The thing is though one always proceeds the other.
>Also causation is a spook. It's just constant conjunction nigga.

I'm guessing this is you misspeaking again?

Does this mean following a religion that teaches you to be afraid of dogs is something that stunts human growth and ruins your sense of wonder?

Damn.

Use to be doesn't matter. What matters is currently. Why do I care about a country that used to be Christian. Should I count Europe as Pagan since it used to be Pagan?

(((HDI)))

When I said always I meant that becoming rich always proceeds becoming less religious. It's never the other way around.

youtube.com/watch?v=W8KYqhVPkN0

Mankind in his insatiable search for divine
Knowledge has discarded all biblical teachings

Realizing that the strength of religion is the repression of
knowledge
All structures of religion have collapsed

Life prays for death
in the wake of the horror of these revelations

It was never imagined how graphic the reality that would
be known as the end
of creation
Would manifest itself

We believe all this chaos and atrocity can be traced
Back to one single event

We hold these truths to be painfully self-evident
All men are not created equal
Only the strong will prosper
Only the strong will conquer
Only in the darkness of Christ have I realized
God Hates Us All

>why do I care about accurate and comprehensive data?
You don't cause you're a jew and your nature is deception.

Religion is the opium of the people. Conformity to religious ideas is a sign of mental weakness. Tippy top fedora and all that.

Yes, good goy, religion is bad! revolt against your gods! fornicate with animals and forsake all your moral laws!
There is no god!

>never
you really can't stop "misspeaking" can you?

Won't shill for China, but in many parts its fairly first world life style, for perhaps a 100 millions of them.

wtf I hate Jeshua now

>shitting on HDI
>Look at flag

Oh I wonder why?

your graph is poorly labled
the message you are trying to convey is not clear at all
your bestfit lines are linear when the data does not support a linear relationship at all
what exactly is your conclusion supposed to be
you used only the most basic graphing functionality of excel, clearly didnt put any effort into formatting.

all in all i rate 3/10

at least you know how to make the graph to begin with which is better than most,
my advice: review your ES1060 textbook and do a couple practice excercises

Says the Calvinist. Nice explanation, dairy kraut.

religion is put in place in poor areas so they dont go more insane

>Ireland
>relevant
My sides jesus christ

Protestant work ethic. It became a cultural thing in the west.

/thread x 1000000000

Religion is only an obstacle to science. We know this. You still get retarded Republicans denying evolution even to this day, opposing technological development purely because of superstitious beliefs.

At the same time, a society with no religion loses its values because people are too dumb to know what's best for them unless you have a big book telling them if they don't do something they'll suffer eternal damnation. It's a tough act to balance

Okay. Now we're left with irreligious Europe and East Asia and religious Africa and South America

>Having an inferior standard of living to potato farmers

You really shouldn't be laughing, that's the state your country is in right now.

>doesn't include non-western religions

Interested in seeing where buddhism, taoism and shintoism end up on that scale

(((human development index)))

>fertility rates plummeting
>debt ballooning to global bankruptcy
>whores and cunts any which way you turn
>no purpose in life

Hedonism =/= human development

How's the HDI even calculated?

It doesn't seem like an objective measurement in any way.

I know that GDP's pretty fucking bogus too - all debt is calculated as additional GDP, even though it's basically the exact opposite of production.

>Religion
>Republicans
The only ones ACTUALLY slowing any scientific advancement, you underage atheist edgelord, are the Catholics. Catholicism is not Christian, and is legitimately as fake / grimy a religion as Scientology. And citation desperately needed on your last 2 sentences.

>Religion
>Republicans
The only ones ACTUALLY slowing any scientific advancement, you underage atheist edgelord, are the Catholics. Catholicism is not Christian, and is legitimately as fake / grimy a religion as Scientology. And citation desperately needed on your last 2 sentences

correlation =/= causation

>And citation desperately needed on your last 2 sentences

See: Look at the evolution of Western society over the last centuries. Kids born out of wedlock, the dismantlement of the nuclear family leading to bad parenting and erosion of social norms, low birth rates, demonization of gender roles, normalization of degeneracy, people being ashamed of their race, etc.

It's all because once people stop believing in a greater power, they become aimless and lose their morals, they feel they can do whatever they want and that it doesn't matter as long as they don't go to jail, they can act like whores or manchildren with no responsibilities until they die, they abuse that freedom at the expense of their nation, society and the world. They don't realize that their actions in aggregate are harmful, or they just don't care.

So you need a religion or a strong sense of nationalism (possibly enforced by authoritarian systems) so people aren't led astray and they believe with all their heart that what they're doing is essential and good.

Islam might be shit in a lot of ways (which is why I said it's a balancing act), but Muslims don't have a lot of the problems that affect Western societies, and they will soon outbreed the entire planet if they remain unchecked.

>Excel graph with no source
>no outliers displayed

>hat meme intensifies

>R^2=0.508
why even bother making this shit

Data is from wiki, look it up yourself

>Why do I care about a country that used to be Christian.

Because a lot of the human development you're talking about was achieved when the continent was still highly religious. Reminder that Europe and North America were only really secularized in the last century.