I'm gonna ask you a serious question and I highly doubt any of you will be able to answer it

I'm gonna ask you a serious question and I highly doubt any of you will be able to answer it

Why do you take so much pride in your 'race' when you had no choice in it? It is the most irrational and cringeworthy thing I've ever seen on Sup Forums lol.

Like I said, I bet no one will be able to refute this. I'm expecting tons of ad hominems and other 'hilarious' comments lol.

Because blacks and Hispanics take pride in their race, so I want to take pride mine.

I couldnt give a fuck, like how I couldn't give a fuck if someone is black or yellow.

Why do they take pride in it? Well they want things, recognition, attention. You know

I appreciate your honest reply. But

>Doing something irrational because somebody else does

But you never chose 'your race'. You never had anything to do with its history or anything to do with it. You were given it out of pure cosmological luck.

Why even care?

I believe it boils down to seeing the value of your own culture and feeling a duty to protect it. You don't feel great because you're European, you feel European culture is great and needs to be kept alive

>your own culture

I understand the link between race and culture but I'm talking specifically about race

Its has nothing to do with chance. Its called genetics. Being born isn't magic, its when two peoples genetics mix and create offspring. Its a living and continuous thing. Therefore, the same genetics in us also conquered new lands and created western civilization. Any other questions?

Theres two choices about it.

Loathe the color of your own skin for the rest of your life or pull a MichaelJackson

Or

Learn to like it and be proud of it.

I rather take the positive notion than be a self hating cuck that degrades my view and quality of life

>Why do you take so much pride in your 'race' when you had no choice in it?

Evolutionary psychology. People who lacked tribal bonds didn't last long in the stone age. Shame we let those same people hang around today, eh Anglo?

Lol you missed the point.

YOU didn't choose to be your parents child. You didn't choose to be the race you are. I fully understand the genetics behind it and that's fine but that wasn't the point I was making.

Did you chose to be born in the uk? Are you proud of that? Our you proud of the parents you have? Didnt chose that either. ...

Are you proud of your intelligence, of which 2/3rds you inherited?

Are you proud of your athletic strength and your build, the potential thereof you did not create, but rather were born with, and later developed?

People aren't proud of just what they do, they're proud of who they are, regardless of how they became such. This also includes being in certain groups.

>lol

I'm grateful I was born in the family I was but I don't take pride in it because I had no say in the matter.

I take pride in the hard work I do and the choices I make. Not in the colour of my skin or colour of my eyes or my height lol.

I have had no say in that. Why the fuck should I possibly care?

It's so cringeworthy seeing everyone on Sup Forums always go on about 'their' race lmao. I've been trying to understand it but the irrationality of it just seems so alien to me

Was having a decent discussion until this hilarious meme poster came.

I hope you're happy lol.

Now scram, will ya?

No, you're the one whose irrational, because you're insisting that pride, which is to say, your positive self-concept, has to be born of only what you do. When it is an objective fact, that your Self is not entirely the result of what you do.

In short, unless you created yourself, gave birth to yourself, raised yourself, trained yourself, taught yourself, edified yourself, exercised yourself, and no hand was laid upon you to make you the man you are today, you cannot base your pride only on what you've done, you must base it on who you are. Which includes the formative forces that brought you about.

I dont know man i look at it differently. Just because you didnt choose it doesnt mean you cant be proud of it. Glad is more of the word, im glad im white and live in america. Its not something i dwell on too much though. Hard work and things like that obviously has more value in the pride categoty than just being white.

Because if we don't take pride, the races that do will subjugate our children whose races we do control.

Saying "you" doesn't make sense in your context at all. I was a sperm that was from my dad, my dad created it, my dad chose to have sex with my mom. That is a choice. The "you" you're using is some metaphysical you that can be stretched all the way back to the first living organism so it makes absolutely no sense. The only "you" I am cognizant of, and the only "you" you are cognizant of is the one shaped by your genetics and upbringing, i.e., white genetics (for me). Yes, I am proud to be of an intelligent and capable race. Its idiotic not to be because of your weird modern Buddhist leftist logic.

I see your point.

But even all the circumstances that led to YOU being YOU in this exact moment (all the things you listed) there is an element of 'cosmological luck' involved, would you not agree?

It all comes back to your environment shaping you, and you had no control over that! All you think feel and do comes from your own thoughts which are made from previous experiences which themselves are made from previous experiences. At some point back at the start of the chain you'll surely admit that you had no choice in what happened that put you on that path?

This is what I'm saying as how when you're born you didn't choose that particular race, family, culture, social class etc and then it all snowballs from there into shaping you.

So why take pride in it?

This is just my thoughts, I'm not attacking yours. I just wanna understand the thinking behind the opposite view

>why be proud of your culture?
Because your culture is what made you who you are. Without it, you'd be a completely different person, therefore I'm grateful to be born with the culture I had, and I'm simply proud of it.

I was interested your point until you used some bullshit straw man lol.

You're broken if you can't understand why people take pride in things they can't control. You genuinely might have some form of autism, seriously.

Everybody takes prides in their genetics and other things. Be it about girls and their looks, guys and their huge dicks, fans and their teams, people and their acquittances' accomplishments, etc. Hell there's even the whole taking pride in your gender and sexual orientation (feminism).

It's about belonging. People inherently look for a place to belong. When that place you feel you belong to does something or has something nice you feel happy.

Have you never felt pride for any part of your body? Your intelligence? Something a family member or friend did? It's normal, it's empathy.

I mean people even take pride in what the whole human race itself has accomplished, even if they didn't take part in it.

I'm just glad I'm not any flavor of shitskin.
>white flour

lol
lol

>don't take pride in things
Kill yourself

More insults? Come on, man.

I'm at least trying to see the other side of the argument lol. I'm not attacking anyone here.

Relax, I'm harmless

>It all comes back to your environment shaping you, and you had no control over that!
Its been shown by genetic studies that having a more stable environment, such as that built by white people, contributes to better and more fit genetics. So genetics influence environment, which then influence genetics. If you had a significant understanding of modern epigenetics you would know this, but you appear to be an ignorant metaphysicist pop psychology tard.

Its not a strawman, you demonstrated silly unscientific beliefs in chance for birth. Ridiculous.

father was a mick, mother was a spic
life is a losing game

>had no choice in what happened
Lets say you have a son. If your son won some kind of award, you'd be proud of him, no? You didn't really have a choice in that, it was your sons choice. Sure, you might've been the major influential factor there, but you aren't proud of yourself for his achievement, you're proud of him.

I don't take pride in my race but I do take pride on making my family name great again.

You said it was 'leftist Buddhist' belief or something like that which I have never implied, insinuated or in fact believe or even know of desu lol.

More insults? Haha, is this a touchy subject? Can people not talk about the topic without getting emotional

t. El venezolANO.

No matter what race I was born, I would strive to try and better myself and my people in any way possible.

Even if born something undesirable, I would try my hardest to help build my communities

It's not an insult I seriously mean it, try reading the rest of the post instead of disregarded it because it's convenient.

I mean seriously, not being able to understand this level of basic empathy is a sign of something. Autism, psychopathy, I'm not sure but it can be something that's not your fault. That's just how you're wired so this concept will always be alien to you no matter what.

Race is for the most part inseparable from culture. It is thrust onto you, like you said, but it invariably affects every facet of your life. When you take pride in things, you are praising that which ultimately took root beyond your control. All pride is stupid. An interest in your origins and not loathing them is fine, especially when they are essentially who you are.

I did read the rest of the post.

I'm actually fairly empathetic from what I understand and know. I've never once felt or even been told by friends, family or colleagues that I lack empathy or anything of that ilk lol.

So apologies if I don't take your diagnosis

I don't have pride in my race, but I love my race because it's essentially like an extended family

Saying chance is responsible for someone's birth is a silly modern leftist Buddhist belief. It shows a belief in a soul and telos before birth, when birth is caused by a sperm reaching an an egg and developing in a womb. The choice here would be the sperm, and the man and woman, choosing to pass on their genetics. If those genetics are successful in the world, why wouldn't someone be proud in being born into an accomplished population pool? In their genetics conquering new lands and creating civilization? It isn't a metaphysical thing, its the top end of the gene swarm. It's all part of a genetic continuity. I'd suggest learning more about science buddy.

I'm insulting you because you are ignorant and very naive. Everyone likes insulting people like that, especially anonymously.

>no choice in it
What's circumcision got to do with anything?

because your race begets culture

>cosmological luck
So "you" were a soul floating in thin air that by chance incarnated in your body?

No you fucking moron, you are the genetic product of your parents and your race, you have every right to be proud of them because you are literally them, you are their continuation. You could not have been born a nigger because you would not be "you" in that case, it would be somebody else.

I'm not denying the affect that race/culture has.

Someone previously mentioned how race has a correlation with stability of environments and so on - that's fine I have no problem with accepting this point.

I'm just trying to understand why people take pride in it.

Being grateful, sure I can get that. I'm thankful I'm born in the UK in the 21st century and not in Africa in 6th century or whatever.

But I don't go around parading 'yeah britain woo thank god I'm white lol sucks to be anything else!'

It's an unfathomable concept

this

Race is a fucking construct. We are all one "race", but different colours and cultures. Am I proud to be a human? Yes. Better than being a fucking house fly.

At least you're not a nog or durka but yeah sucks to be you

I'm happy to be white and American, but I'm not proud of it.
I only take pride in my achievements.

But like it or not, not being able to feel pride for things you didn't directly do is a sign of lack of empathy.

You have to recognize you're a minority. The large majority of human beings daily take pride in things they can't control. From all races, from all genders, from all ages, etc. It's not just Sup Forums.

The answer to this problem is something you must seek in yourself, as you are the odd one out.

Lol ok dude. You're being patronising and emotional. I hope you're happy and enjoying your echo chamber here.

People take pride in their race because it's means a lot to them. That's just the simple truth.

this.

You answered your own question.
>We don't have a choice.
So fucking deal with it or die.
>Has to have pride for "race" and not pride for being human.

I can't tell if you're purposely missing my point and repeating yourself or you're trying to make me act out haha.

race exists on a gradient, if it didn't exist than the races wouldn't be distinguishable in terms of genotype and phenotype

Race is the result of the phenotype. You can't just easily swap the exterior with a different interior, as libtards want you to believe.

Race-mixing almost unfailingly results in offspring with lower IQ than the parents. The brain is simply too complex an organ to "mix and match".

Why do people get so emotional and angry over this topic?

All these angry replies are making me laugh.

Am I missing out on some "meme" or something?

I'm pretty goddamn content with the fact that I'm white with European ancestry

I'm not being emotional at all, you could demonstrate where you found emotion? Seems like you're accusing me of being emotional because you don't have significant counter-argument and want to protect your worldview from criticism. I am being patronizing because you are ignorant.

That's fine, but its good to realize that without pride in race, the genetic fitness which contributed to those accomplishments would slowly die out. So yes it makes sense and seems honorable to be only proud of your own accomplishments, but its also selfish since it will cause less genetically fit people to be in the world without enough pride in race.

Why wouldn't you?

You just don't give a fuck about races, lol

>be born in a ghetto with no chance at an education and my life expectancy is 23
>be born a chink coal miner where my life has as much value as a mosquito to literally everything and everyone
>be born in africa and either thirst or starve to death. or just get genocided for literally no reason because warlords are 60IQ average
>be born in russia or south america and die from disease or get snuffed for digging too deep on corrupt officials

>be born in the first world and get every necessity and pleasure accessible for equal and just hard work.
>cops aren't corrupt 19.9/20
>also have a good head on my shoulders and body
>can look back at my family and see a hard worker that lived a full life full of excitement (ww2 airpilots, scientists and engineers)
>some shit skin wants to live in my country because his homeland's leaders shit the bed (literally)
>ask me what I have to be proud about in my race

how about you go live another year where your people come from and compare it to mine.

You are an idiot.

yeah nice argument buddy, you sure convinced us with those hot opinions.

Being superior to black people shouldn't be a source of pride but you should remember that breeding with blacks is a step down.

i agree with you. it is fundamentally stupid to prefer what is yours to what is good.

Black people have bigger dicks

We win.

Ok well, justifying patronisation because I'm 'being ignorant' when I'm just asking a question is pretty pathetic lol. It's the Internet. No need to be this aggressive, relax big guy.

Anyway, I'm not sure why you keep mentioning Buddhism. I've no interest in that at all, I've only ever studied and still do study science so I can't speak from a religious perspective.

I think our arguments Come down to nature vs nurture, would you agree?

I'm essentially saying nurture - it's all environmentally affected so why take pride in something that was genetic and beyond your control

You're saying the opposite.

Am I close?

I can hear the mad coming from your post

Why don't you demonstrate why his argument was wrong? Or do the quality of your replies also reflect the intellectual contribution of your population, next to nothing?

>why have pride in something you didn"t choose?

I'm not proud of myself for being white although i do consider myself lucky to be white.

I'm proud of the accomplishments of white people and their genetic superiority.

also,
>pic related

I'm happy to be white because males like myself are best as whites.
Blacks look like apes, Asian men look like little gross people who look alike and sort of ratty, Mexicans are five feet tall and are extremely hairy in a bad way.

I'm happy that by default, I am not seen as a likely criminal due to my race not being rapists or thieves. Yes, there are some and yes, white rates are higher than east asian, but it's largely less than DeVonie and Miguel.

Although we may have a harder time getting grants, free stuff or business opportunities on skin or even gender alone, usually our work ethic pulls us through. I know this from first hand experience of seeing the approval rates of races from a former employer.

Whites are the most tenacious culture as far as I know due to how many grand wars we have been through. Sadly, we are in an age of sjw righteousnes so we are on a severe decline.

Overll, I would be proud if I was east Asian or white.

Being Black is shameful and Hispanic is awfully low as well.

>lol

lmao
>mexican intellectuals

>you had no choice in it
Why are people happy when the win money, or a prize, or they stumble onto a $20 bill in the road?

I'm proud of what my ancestors, and to a lesser extent, fellow white males have done for this world and have no trouble taking pleasure in knowing that niggers, spics, mudslimes, and poor asian nations can't compare to my european brethren.

So is attacking his population meant to be an insult to him too?

I'm genuinely asking lol

You are an idiot too.

Truly two lefties make a rifht

Why not? You don't feel pride against people you're superior to?
Personally a lot of people around me are really ignorant, and I do feel a lot of pride for being smarter than them.

If you're superior I think it's okay to privately take pride in that regardless of what their skin color is.

>lmao why do you care ahaha I'm laughing at you

you ask us to put in the effort to explain to you and then just call it a joke. this thread and everything you did was a waste of time for us because we were expecting someone with an actual opinion. not shitposts

BEARS
AND
EAGLES

Not gonna lie, guys.

I'm cringing really hard reading some of the replies haha.

This 'ancestry' meme has to be some kind of elaborate ruse or some ongoing thing, right?

You guys are surely on the wrong side of history

this is a great explanation. being what you are is a lottery draw. there are definitely winners and loser.

this

So you take pride in randomly drawing correct numbers?

You're full of shit

>bong shitposting

this is worse then most canadian banter

sage in all fields

>Ok well, justifying patronisation because I'm 'being ignorant' when I'm just asking a question is pretty pathetic lol. It's the Internet. No need to be this aggressive, relax big guy.
You aren't ignorant for asking a question. You are being ignorant, and also patronizing btw, because of what you are writing.

Why do you expect to post a smug picture and text like
>I bet no one will be able to refute this. I'm expecting tons of ad hominems and other 'hilarious' comments lol.
Without being insulted? Stop pretending you aren't asking to be insulted. I am not being agressive, I'm insulting you for being ignorant.

>Buddhism. I've no interest in that at all, I've only ever studied and still do study science so I can't speak from a religious perspective.
It doesn't matter if you've studied it. Buddhist and other metaphysical ideas get into culture and belief. Buddhism has been very influential on modern western ideas. Your belief in chance is metaphysical, and comes from religion.

>I think our arguments Come down to nature vs nurture, would you agree?
No, they aren't against each other. Epigenetics show they are a continuity.

>I'm essentially saying nurture - it's all environmentally affected so why take pride in something that was genetic and beyond your control
Epigenetics show it is in our control. If you create an intelligent and caring environment, such as that created by whites, it affects genetics of the next generations. Why would you not take pride in decisions made by your parents to create better offspring, and thereby use that pride to also want to create better offspring, making the world and your civilization better?

It's like feeling proud of outsmarting someone with Down syndrome.

in winning the draw, you mean?

But historically people have taken pride in things they couldn't control, like their nationality. That one was really big.

Honestly you're not really trying to argue despite what you claim. Posts like that one are extremely rude and show that you had no intention of gaining any sort of light on the subject.

I'm thinking it was just bait all along. At least this time it wasn't just one post by this id.

lol

Its natural for non-whites and libcucks to feel this way, its just another brand of self-hate brought on by being conquered by whites and having to integrate into their societies.

If i wasn't white then there's a chance i wouldn't be proud of my own race. but, seeing as whites are the best race on the planet, i can be proud

No it isn't. Downies are genetically defective and can't think the same way you and me do. These other people are just like me and could be as cultured as I am if they wanted.

Outsmarting a tard is not the same as outsmarting a completely normal and functioning individual.

I'd be thankful I won, no doubt

But taking pride in randomly picking something..? Really? I can't fathom that

How so?

but I still won. the genetic process of two cool people I love and admire made me and let me be their successor. I'm all their good parts and love made into a person along with 4 other kids. if you can't take pride in beig your parent's kid then take your guilt elsewhere

I'm not proud of being white

Though I am proud of who I am and where I come from and being white is part of that

>These other people are just like me and could be as cultured as I am if they wanted.
Well, maybe 20% of them could. The rest aren't genetically fit for it.