What was Hogwarts' tax policy?

What was Hogwarts' tax policy?

Other urls found in this thread:

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Goblin_Rebellions
the-toast.net/2015/04/09/ayn-rands-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's actually a good question since every Wizard either seems to work for the Ministry or in retail, and economic policy and minting coins seems to be completely in the hands of Goblins. Who the hell funds that shit?

They do it for free

just like our dear jannies?

But how are some families rich then? There isn't even a stock market.

Hogwarts is probably bankrolled by rich families. For all we know the Ministry gets its money from fines for all the ridiculous laws it enforces.

But then you come to .

Reminder that galleons and sickles aren't actually worth their weight in gold and silver because wizards are fucking retards who cannot into economics

I know in one of her tweets Rowling said that Hogwarts doesn't charge fees the ministry funds it. Maybe it charges some sort of Jew tax on the Goblins? Though after Voldemort loses and everyone goes skipping into that egalitarian future there's an economic collapse on the way.

they just conjure up gold for a laugh

Some have gold and stuff like Harry's parents plus I'm sure some wizards used the alchemist stone to make lot's of gold.

They were in debt to Gringotts and had to double their tuition during the 2nd Voldemort Wars.

They're fiat currency based on (((goblin magic))). If they were just gold and silver they could be replicated.

Yes I'm sure the (((goblins))) are doing it completely out of charity.

There's no magic involved. Wizard currency is pure gold, silver, and bronze it's just that only the goblins are permitted to mint coinage.

nigga what the fuck are you talking about, Hogwarts is a school, not a fucking government

And Aragorn was a person, not a fucking government.

So the wizarding world trusts it's fiscal stability to a race who have frequently rebelled against them? They deserved everything that happened to them desu.
>harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Goblin_Rebellions

>dystopian world where magic is regulated and your actions are monitored by what are essentially psychic employees of the State
>if you step out of their arbitrary lines you are stripped of your natural abilities and severely punished
>people are braindead when it comes to how the real world works because they've been reliant on "lol I have magic" for centuries
>those willing to take the initiative and try for independent thought are ostracized by peer and superior alike

There's a reason everything is so drab and dark in the movies, and it isn't because England is naturally rainy and depressing. Taxes are the least of their concerns when they've got big brother making sure they remain loyal, obedient drones for the ministry of magic

>L'état c'est moi - Aragorn II Elessar

Aragorn was King, so he was head of the government, and thus able to enact tax policy.

Saying "Aragorn's Tax Policy" is like saying "Obama's Tax Policy" or "Trump's Tax Policy"

Saying "Hogwart's Tax Policy" is like saying "Harvard's Tax Policy" or "Milton Primary School's Tax Policy" which makes no fucking sense

Why didn't Hermione have sex with anyone in Philosopher's Stone? Why were there no scenes of Lovegood shitting her guts out?
I just can't immerse myself in Rowling's childish view of the world.

where's the copypasta, is why I came here

>Teaching is hard. This was maybe my answer to Rowling, whom, as much as I admire her, I do quibble with. Harry Potter had a very Western philosophy: that if the headmaster was a good man, the students would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Rowling can say that Dumbledore was headmaster and was an administrator for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Rowling doesn’t ask the question: What was Dumbledore’s tuition policy? Did he offer financial aid for poorer magical students? What did he do in the time of WWII when air raids were occurring? And what about all these jews? By the end of the 7th book, Voldemort is gone but all of the Death Eaters aren't gone – they’re in the shadows. Did Harry pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby Death Eaters, with their little baby Dark Marks?

Schools don't have taxing power you fucking moron

It says in the books that alchemy can't replicate food and precious metals. They're on the gold standard.

what a convenient excuse

But then wouldn't gold be useless if any wizard can just conjure up more?

It was a pseudo-extension of the laws of conservation of matter and energy. Hermione explained that when the food reappears after being eaten in the dining halls is actually a teleportation spell bringning the food from somewhere else, and not a de novo synthesis of food from nothing.

If you take offense to arbitrary rules that were laid out in a fantasy setting, then maybe fiction isn't for you.

>a person can be a proxy for government but the school that educates every wizard can't be

>What was Dumbledore’s tuition policy?
Hogwarts is free for any kids who can do magic. It's just like public school.
>Did he offer financial aid for poorer magical students?
Yes, there are free copies of textbooks for those who can't afford them in the library.
>What did he do in the time of WWII when air raids were occurring?
He hunted and fought and defeated Grindelwald.
>And what about all these jews?
Nobody likes Goblins for good reason, Harry saves one from certain death and he betrays Harry at first chance
>By the end of the 7th book, Voldemort is gone but all of the Death Eaters aren't gone – they’re in the shadows.
Yeah that's a problem
>Did Harry pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them?
No, he became an Auror and arrested most of them
>Even the little baby Death Eaters, with their little baby Dark Marks?
Babies cannot become Death Eaters and do not get Dark Marks. Shit, plenty of Death Eaters never get the Dark Mark anyway since Voldemort has to be bothered enough to do it himself

Jesus if you're going to try to chew out the logic of a book you need to actually fucking read it first

See

JK Rowling has absolutely no conception of economics, jobs, or money. She was on government assistance and then she was fabulously wealthy. She's never had a real job (she was briefly a secretary for Amnesty International, again an entity that couldn't exist on its own merits but only through donations). That's why none of the jobs in Harry Potter make sense and everyone works for the government (teacher, researcher, policeman, or politician).

Hogwarts is not in charge of tax policy.
Not everyone in the wizarding world goes to Hogwarts. Fuck, a major amount of the fourth book revolves around the fact that schools other than Hogwarts exist

Most wizards in Britain go to Hogwarts, but not all of them

>That's why none of the jobs in Harry Potter make sense and everyone works for the government (teacher, researcher, policeman, or politician).
Diagon Alley is a major fucking shopping district that has no government buildings at all

Jesus fucking christ there's plenty of shit in Harry Potter to tear apart, you don't need to just fucking make shit up

JK Rowling probably couldn't be bothered to come up with one, just as she couldn't be bothered to come up with anything substantive in the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King

He's right though Rowling wrote the Ministry of Magic as a welfare state with free education, medical care, a vast bureaucracy etc. But it has no way to levy a national debt, and everyone we meet either runs a pub/store or is employed in the ministry. Other than the few who are independently wealthy like the Malfoy's. People complain about the rules of Quidditch but that's insane.

>“The Ministry of Magic has fallen,” Neville said in despair.

>Harry laughed long and loud. “You should not mourn the government,” he told Neville. “The state has never shed a tear for you. Why waste your tears on it?”

>He picked up his wand. “For my part, I withdrew my consent to be governed years ago. Taxation is destroying private resources.” A smile played across Harry’s lips. “I hope they destroyed the national bank, while they were at it. I should like to see the goblins of Gringotts face their real enemy — deregulation.”

Is this Harrpy Potter fan fiction written by Ayn Rand Paul Ryan?

How did Rowling ever get away with it?

Gringotts is already a private bank, not a government bank

Who knows, she keeps trying to pretend she hates Trump but nobody actually believes it

there's that meme image again

you're just as bad as GoT fags if you take that thing seriously

they use those chocolate frog cards and beans as currency.

they work very hard and
FOR
NO
MONETARY
COMPENSATION
OR
RECOGNITION

Fuck me it's real
>the-toast.net/2015/04/09/ayn-rands-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows/

It's a hard job but someone's gonna do it.

Hogwarts is basically government-owned education, so we're just taking the roundabout way of asking about the Ministry of Magic's tax policy.

>Character is busy fighting literal Satan and his army of muslim demons
>Lol where is his democratic proposition lmao
Was GRRM a dummy all along?

Arguing about economics or lack off in a Children's fantasy series seriously wtf fantasy people if you're going to argue about something why didn't daffy the duck die when he got shot in the head

There seems to be only like 5 jobs wizards can do in harry potter

It's a modified pasta you fucking sperg

I fucking love this one

>GRRM watches star wars
>Calls george lucas
>How does trade work in this sprawling empire? How do people on a desert planet get supplies when it is on the rim of the galaxy?
>Brilliant.
>Trade federation is inserted into prequels

Even if this is bait, you still typed out a shitton for a fucking pasta which is pretty pathetic regardless