Man, I'm so depressed. On the surface...

>Man, I'm so depressed. On the surface, my life seems pretty good — I have a career and everything — but I feel isolated and lonely.

Is James Franco having it worse than us? His life seems pretty fucked up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Trw9vYV_g6c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's hard to know where to stand on celebrities moaning about their depression because while I hate that I hate the dumb shitposters here even more

Why do famous people pretend to be depressed when they have millions of dollars and live in amazing homes?

goddamn James Franco is such a mediocre and pretentious douche
just look at this douche
youtube.com/watch?v=Trw9vYV_g6c
I genuinely would love to kick his ass

>rich
>handsome
>educated
>top level social skills

i couldnt feel sorry for him even if i tried

Because money isn't the thing that matters, it's your connection to other people that matters and depression gets in the way of that

Money doesn't necessarily buy happiness.

You obviously have never been really depressed, just bummed about bad shit happening to you. Depression defies all logic, it's just a way your brain works and no matter how much your exterior reality changes, your interior doesn't.

D'aww Man With Everything Want HUG!!!

Depression goes away if you have the willpower to stop the constant drugs and sex. For regular anons, that means no more caffeine and jacking off.

I work nights as a janitor and everyone looks down on me like I'm a dogshit failure, so I will never feel sorry for people like James Franco.

You're a failure because you go on Sup Forums, not because you're a janitor

Addiction is a meme that the mentally weak and stupid use to justify bad habits

>envy

poor guy.

gets to live out his dream not only as an actor, but a fucking "artist" as well, directing, writing, and making music. he always has another opportunity around the corner. and he can fuck probably any single 8-10 rated girl from the ages of 18-50 in the entire world. damn. poor poor guy!

I know, but they don't know that, so they shouldn't look down on me.

That's because you do it for free.

How do you explain the medical community saying that it's a disease?

First world problems and lack of real problems like hungry, war or sickness. I can understand people with shitty lives like keanu reeves but this nigga? "I work too much and I dont have friends" Come on... just take some vacations and socialize if you want that.

>doesn't understand the deeper meaning so he calls it pretentious
STEMtards, everyone. Why don't you just stick to your dull little world of math and computer programming, kid?

Not every professional knows what they're talking about

No but it buys comfort and affords you the freedom to pursue different avenues of life

This

Which don't necessarily fix your malfunctioning brain.

THIS

>His struggle getting caught texting underage girls

I find it really hard to believe or care about people like this when I can't even find a fucking job.

>rich
>famous
>handsome
>educated
>educator
>acts
>writes
>directs
>has friends
>friends are famous too
life is so hard
ugh

>before he hit it big
>in his teens

>at age 27
>he's 39 now

do none of you stupid fucks read shit?

What does that have to do with anything? Addicts can literally stop at any time (barring certain cases like alcohol and opiod with fatal withdrawal symptoms, but even then there's readily available treatmet if thry make the choice to quit), they choose not to and then cite addiction as the reason
If a significant lack of willpower and personal responsibility counts as a disease then so be it

why don't you serve me a coffee, bitch.

He didn't even say his life is shit. He just said he struggled with addiction when he was younger and he doesn't feel like he has real friends. That sounds like depression to me, but that doesn't mean he's looking for pity.

>he thinks money makes you happy after a certain point

He was in freaks and geeks 18 years ago kemosabe

You have to realize these people live in a different reality than us.

Imagine being wealthy and having every material thing you could wish for, no problem at all. Your is huge, you have all the drugs you could ever want, the best computer, all the games you don't need, and a maid who cooks and cleans.
However, everybody in your neighbourhood is the same and has equally as much, sometimes more. Most of them are also Chads who just like to party and drink booze. You want to watch anime and play vidya but nobody really relates to that and they think you're a bit weird.
So you sit at home and just watch anime by yourself in this huge house that you live alone in. You hire a prostitute on occasion who sucks your dick and then you talk to her about your favourite anime character while she rolls her eyes "uhuh yeah". They can't connect with anyone.

What is habitual toking and jerking doing to me. I jerk off 6/7 days a week and have smoked like everday for the past 5 years.

No, but with 2 million dollars a movie I can sure as fuck afford the best psychologist money can buy, unlike the poor, whose mental illnesses go untreated.

>the best psychologist money can buy
Actually that comes at about $10 a tab.

If you actually have/had depression you could understand that anyone in any situation could have depression.

That's a tough gig, hang in there user. I did that shit everyday for a year, and would have to clean gym locker rooms and toilet blocks. I also have pretty bad OCD so it's telling how desperate one can get for a job, some of the shit I cleaned I still can't believe I was able to do. People also either treat you like shit or treat you like "hey look at me I'm overly nice to the working man", don't even get me started on the average headspace of chads and staceys at gyms and how they interact with cleaners. Fuck people and fuck that job.

The thing about depression is that is not even a call for hugs or attention. You could be getting all the attention you want and still get depressed.
Have you ever been in a situation where you are not supposed to say or do something so all you can do is thinking about doing it? That's how depression works, no matter how everything works well, your brain keeps focusing in whatever shit makes you feel depressed, and sometimes, the better things go, the more your brain focuses on that shit.
Basically, your brain works like a Sup Forums user.

>have millions of dollarees
>can hire the best nutritionists, physical trainers, life coaches and other assorted professionals
>can have a diet specifically tailored to your unique brain chemistry
>can have a midget - a MIDGET - at your beck and call, ready to balance a silver platter filled with cocaine on their fucking head, should you and your jew friends feel the need to indulge in some fuckery
>this is all possible, thanks to the wonders of hyper-capitalism gone wild, where movie stars receive exorbitant amounts of money for saying a few lines and making a few people laugh

>"D'AWWW I IS DEPWESSSSED HURRRRR PWEASE GIVE LOVE, GIVE WOOOOOVE"

At least you can focus your anger and frustration on someone else. Depressed people often can't do that, and they just focus it on themselves, which leads to a neverending downward spiral.