Why is he such a villain sue? He was on the Justice League for fuck's sake

Why is he such a villain sue? He was on the Justice League for fuck's sake

Read Forever Evil. If you can't understand a capeshit event, you should probably just give up on life now.

>he was on the justice league
That's wrong tho, he's Lex's security guard.

Hes just a simple man who wants money but he's smart enough to know when hes in over his head (forever evil)

I like him and you know what?? I would totally read a comic based on him doing villanny schemes.

on an afterthought I dont really get why Johns fucking LOVES the rogues that much tho. They're good but not as johns makes them or at least tries to make them be

He wasn't. Luthor was and he tagged along with Luthor after being hired as his security guard. Don't see you complaining about Luthor being a "villain sue?"

Same. I would love a Rogues series. Marvel made Superior Foes, why can't DC make a Rogues book?

>Ugly
>No real skills
>Steals a magic superweapon and through "cleverness" becomes super powerful
>Unscrupulous "nothin' personal kid" attitude

You know all those nip "webnovels" where the Neet becomes a super wizard through "being smart" and kills the princess instead of saving her?

That's Cold. You can see why he appeals to neckbeards.

They've made loads, user.

>inb4 "le captain cuck" fag

I meant a series longer than five or six issues. Superior Foes got seventeen issues.

If he means the Flash Rogues specifically they've only had minis. Might be more total issues than Superior Foes though depending how you count BN Flash. And I guess the tail end of Johns' original Flash run.

I love how you say he has a "nothing personal" attitude when it's been established that he only kills if it's personal.

>Unscrupulous "nothin' personal kid" attitude

This is the opposite of Cold though, he basically only kills when it's personal.

>ugly
Yeah, in that one pic
>no real skills
Outside of being a criminal mastermind And knowing the ins and outs of his gun so well he can rebuild it perfectly
>"nothing personal" attitude
Sure

That didn't take long:

Who's on writing and who's on art? Jordie Bellaire on colouring duties, obv.

He was NEVER on the team.

He worked for Lex Luthor while Lex was on the team but Cold has never been on the team.

What's your point?

I prefer young Cold's appearance (thought I dislike him having powers), but overall, I like him.

I like the 'Rogue's Honor' of not killing too, which is also a reason I like him, cause it's his thing.

Same. So many villains are just too crazy and are stacking up huge body counts. It's nice that Cold hasn't gone that crazy (yet).

It makes it that much more intense when someone pushes him far enough to have him kill, like Chillblaine.

>Don't see you complaining about Luthor being a "villain sue?"

We probably should. However he is Lex fucking Luthor, if any villain deserves the Sue treatment it's him.

this desu

>Outside of being a criminal mastermind And knowing the ins and outs of his gun so well he can rebuild it perfectly

which he didn't have until he stole his magical plot device gun and Mary Sue'd his way to competence

Or the Top.

This desu:

Your not wrong

>there's no way that he just had a lot of Raw intelligence
>it's impossible for anyone to learn how a machine work

It's really incredible how that's too hard to believe for some people compared to the other ridiculousness of superhero comics.

How do you all think a Captain Cold story written by Scott Snyder would turn out?

So you're saying he's a super intelligent failure who stumbles upon something that changes his life, and then with his super intelligence he becomes incredibly powerful

That's the plot of every single Japanese webnovel. That's like a superhero version of that Overlord animu

>failure
He was a great criminal, the only problem is that he went against a force of nature and then he shows his intelligence by adapting to it.

>Super intelligent
He's some kind of genius that's for sure, smart enough to figure out how to fight the flash
>Failure
He's not a failure.
>stumble
He actively sought out the solution to his problem.

Sure he's smart but maybe not super intelligent? Memorizing assembly/disassembly and over time figure out which parts can be replaced by more powerful parts without fucking shit up doesn't exactly take super intelligence. Especially when it is how you make your money.

I mean not everyone could do it but it's not as if he created the tech himself. Seems like it would just take normal "high intelligence" rather than upgrading him to "super intelligence" considering that this is the DCU.

How does it feel, DCucks?

I mean if Jimmy Carter can be a nuclear engineer than Len should be able to master absolute zero.

What's with all the Cap Cold hate lately? I thought the Rogues were widely agreed to be some of the better villains in capeshit.

I think it comes from Injustice 2 threads? My understanding is that Coldfags were annoying there.

Coldfags, Ivyfags and Mantafags were insufferable on those threads.

>I thought the Rogues were widely agreed to be some of the better villains in capeshit.

Only by Flashfags, who are the most insufferable cunts alive

Which groupings of villains would you consider better? Give specific examples, please, no witty cop-outs like "all of them."

The Fix type Rogues book would be so amazing. I'm pretty sure DC will do something once movie hits.

I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with someone obsessed with the Rogues. Doesn't make what this user said any less true:

Besides I thought Flashfags hated the Rogues. They only care about evil speedsters and how Flash fast can run. An "attosecond" and all that crap.

>I like him and you know what?? I would totally read a comic based on him doing villanny schemes.

I would buy the SHIT out of a Captain Cold solo series.

Hopefully Deathstroke does well and they decide to add Captain Cold to the mix too.

So you don't read stories with my boy Snart in them then.

Good to know.

Snart is Fart

No it's Wallyfags who are some of the most insufferable cunts alive.

My man Barry died in Crisis and came back in Final Crisis. Wally was just a bench warmer.

congrats, you managed to make barryfags the most insufferable cunts with your post!

A solo Captain Cold series would actually be a treat.

I think it's just a pasta that's been going around since the Injustice 2 threads. They probably just briefly looked on Wikipedia for Captain Cold and claim to be an expert on the character.

Pissed off Wallyfag detected.

Probably true.

Soon there's going to be some unironic posting about how The Joker is the worst villain in comic history or something.

>He was on the Justice League for fuck's sake

not really

He's not the worst but I'll never get the appeal of the Joker.

Contrarian shitposters.

He is a meme character for people that want to look "special" for liking him.

It also makes no sense as a villain, apparently he is smart enough to build a cold gun that is the best in the DC universe and the best way he knows how to make money is robbing banks or other silly heists in a world where superheroes are real.

It appeal to the same people that like "badass criminals" even if they make no sense.
He is basically a Killer Moth treated seriously which is hilarious in its own right.
It's not a surprise it appeals to menchildren like Johns and the faggots here.

>t-they were agreed! this shouldn't be happening

Jesus you people are embarrassing, trying to shield your tastes beyond some perceived majority

As opposed to what faggot?

heh, i could see how he's a little hard to swallow for your average person. but to me, he's the villain that most reminds me of myself...intelligent, nihilistic, and a wicked sense of humor.

As opposed to good villains that have something more than "he is badass that wants money lol I like generic and simple things to be a contrarian and different from people that pretend to like complex things!"

Even this thread people pretty much proved that they like him because he is "badass", "cool" and other empty words that mean nothing.

Snart was a criminal genius before he got the gun. It just turns out all your stupid plans don't mean shit when a guy who runs at the speed of light shows up.

2/10 troll, needs to be a little less transparent. Ease into it, man.

Anti-_____ fags are the worst. I'm tired of seeing people argue about if Hal or John is the worst, or if Barry or Wally is better.

>triggered wallyfags

it's true tho
they all act holier than thou and spend their time shitting on other heroes because they are more popular

>people with opinions different from mine are the worst!

wallyfags everyone

>Wallyfag

I like Barry better though.

sure you do

Daily reminder that if this same scene happened with Batman using wayne tech's reverse engineered technology from Mr. Freeze or something people will call it Batwank and how it shouldn't happen but since that's Cold people say it's badass and makes him look cool.

This is the kind of hypocrite that likes this character and then shitposts on Sup Forums all day.

It's a comic book character using their skillset.

You're the only one being a contrarian.

Are you that one nigger who's supermad that Black Manta's a stage hazard in Injustice 2.

Pretty rich for a Barryfag to get onto Wallyfags about popularity.

How's that Flash family book Barry's return was supposed to skyrocket? Oh, what's that, Rebirth tanked and they scrapped the whole project while Flash sales plummeted despite a reboot? Literally couldn't beat Bart's debut as The Flash.

Barry was a cold fish before the TV show. Which is probably when you started "reading" comics.

He's a criminal, Criminals want money. Greed is one of the most understandable drives in humanity.

Considering Mr. Freeze's powers explicitly don't work like Cold's, it would be stupid. If he copied the tech Cold uses then sure. Doesn't seem out of Bat's capabilities.

Most people just get annoyed when Batman, or whoever Batman's fighting, makes a joke of the entire JL or whatever to make Batman look more badass. That's when batwank is obnoxious.

Cold's more complicated and developed than that, people just didn't want to feed your troll bullshit with paragraphs detailing the character.

I think you're trying to rile up an insecurity that isn't there.

I'm stunned speechless by how retarded this post is.

Alright champ, let's see which villain you like so I can shitpost reasons as to why he or she is garbage.

No, you are speechless because you are retarded. You have it wrong.

Don't try to imply people wouldn't complain, especially on Sup Forums.

>false equivalency
Captain cold is literally tailored to fight the flash and you're whining how he shouldn't be able to do that.

Lex Luthor
Dr Sivanha
Hugo Strange
Black Manta
Mirror Master
Dr Light
Trigon

He is just a normal human with a cold gun, if he can do it everyone can copy him

I guess it's okay when the "normal" human is a character you like

>Dr.Light
Absolute shit.

Gentleman Ghost

Nuclear engineers are normal humans so bulid me a nuclear reactor right fucking now.

I'll take the (third) easiest pick there and go with Black Manta.

First off, DC is retarded and can't decide on an origin for him. Dude was literally evil for the sake of evil for a longass time. He has a hateboner for Aquaman and there's little substance to their relationship outside of "u killed mah dad" or "u killed mah son." Are people really supposed to believe that some psychopathic nobody can make a diving suit that lets him take on someone who can hang with Wonder Woman on a good day? Villain Sue to the nth degree, he's schwarbage.

The easier picks were Trigon and Light.

>could steal hundreds of millions of dollars easily and just retire
>somehow still keeps coming back to fuck his own shit up again
This is why you don't write intelligent villains who are only motivated by money. If they were truly smart they would succeed easily and retire on an island somewhere.

this
Jesus man, stop posting

That's like saying anyone could bulid an MRI machine.

Only Cold knows how the gun really works.

My villainfu is the best villainfu.

Sinestro is god tier villain

ebin, there's a reason why a put normal into quotations
we are talking about normal humans in the DC universe like Cold, Batman, Luthor etc. as in not having super powers

>j-just shut up!

Stop being so pathetic, if you have nothing to say you don't have to post. Grow up

Which is stupid considering DC universe is full of genius and that technology could be easily reverse engineered
but I guess people like Luthor, Batman, Atom etc. are too stupid when compared to Cold

>Stop being so pathetic, if you have nothing to say you don't have to post. Grow up
Well thats true too

You can only reverse engineer something if you know how it works and only Cold knows how his gun works.

Being a genius doesn't mean they know how everything magically works retard.

What should I read to properly get into this guy? Forever Evil, I see?

>Nuclear engineers are not normal human beings

Captain Cold would work great as a spiderman villain

Bonus points for team up with Shocker

that's not how technology works, especially in DC universe where people can reverse engineer alien stuff without problem

>b-but Cold is smarter than Luthor! Luthor could never do what Cold does.

I don't think anyone is under the delusion that Cold is smarter than Luthor. I just think it's entirely fair to let Cold be the only person who gets how his gun works. Lex Luthor is exponentially more intelligent and the man has everything else in the world. Let Cold have sole understanding of his gun. Is that so much to ask? Someone so seriously overspecialized should be the best at the microscopic niche they fit into.