Why was young Steven a better singer than older Steven in the earlier episodes?

Why was young Steven a better singer than older Steven in the earlier episodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zg-T1UUkEdQ
soundcloud.com/aivisura/steven-universe-here-comes-a-thought-rebecca-sugar-feat-estelle-aj-michalka
youtube.com/watch?v=5T5rCSmduaY
youtube.com/watch?v=2JSyI1I-4mU
youtube.com/watch?v=IgVonye5mE0
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXeFPpPJeI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No one and I mean no one on that show should sing besides Garnet.
They are all terrible singers.
Who thought hey let put a ton of singing in this show but have tons of people who can't hold a note?

This is bait

Why not ask this in the general? That's what is there for.

see

No this is truth.
Name one song that is even remotely good besides stronger than you?

youtube.com/watch?v=Zg-T1UUkEdQ

soundcloud.com/aivisura/steven-universe-here-comes-a-thought-rebecca-sugar-feat-estelle-aj-michalka

>soundcloud.com/aivisura/steven-universe-here-comes-a-thought-rebecca-sugar-feat-estelle-aj-michalka

Still Garnet.
You just are proving my point.

youtube.com/watch?v=5T5rCSmduaY

Go home Estelle. You're drunk.

Garnet never really impressed me. I found Stevonnies voice the recent episode much better.

why else I posted that.
but I have to admit that I'm curious if we will see some fusion sing, I'm especially interested in opal or sardonyx to sing.

Alright I will say that wasn't terrible, but ultimately forgettable and dull.

No.

why are you watching a shitty show?

Pearl's VA can sing decently well. Stevonnie's is good too. And Steven is a kid so it's okay that he's not a natural at it.

The only real offender to me is Greg, since he's supposed to be a decent singer but isn't.

he doesn't have something better to do with his life

>Someone didn't listen to the plate scraping dear old dad.

but seriously all the gems except Amethyst I think are people with vocal training or otherwise have sung professionally. Having said that Pearl and Garnet are speaking essentially in their VA's normal voice meanwhile steven's VA had puberty and now needs to mold his voice to sound like Steven and likewise needs to sing in character which is understandably difficult. Having said that he is still pretty damn good,

Both of You was very well sung on his part. His only real fuck up singing was the aforementioned dear old dad.

>Pearl's VA can sing decently well
Pearl's VA is literally a Broadway actress.

>Pearl's VA can sing decently well.
>theater actress with 20+ years of experience
>decently well

lmao

The repetition of the lyrics bothers me, I feel like this kills it for me.
Not as much as this one, because the concept of repetition is calming and relevant to the story.

>decently well
Seriously dude? She does Broadway. She has amazing pipes. Pearl is the best singer on the show, easily.

>Implying Garnet is even in the top 2 singers

It goes
1. Pearl
2. Steven
3. Stevonnie
4. Garnet
5. amethyst

>Implying Mr.Smiley isn't the best singer
His song was theonly good one in the show.

Has Peridot sang yet? Or blue bitch?

what the fuck was so important about this that it couldn't be posted in the general?
why does this deserve its own thread?
shit like this is the reason there are usually more than 5 meaningless Steven universe threads at a time

1. Pearl
2. Garnet
3. Stevonnie
4. Steven
5. Amethyst
Fight me.

Where does Greg place on this?

its not as bad as during the bomb so I could care less

and so should you

wasn't the audio from this short ripped from the song in the pilot?

Dare to compare: youtube.com/watch?v=2JSyI1I-4mU

>The only real offender to me is Greg, since he's supposed to be a decent singer but isn't.

Gregs supposed to be a failure of a rock star, who's biggest success was a tv ad.

Basically any song where Pearl sings. What with her being a Broadway singer and all.

Honestly, some of the most famous rock stars are actually pretty bad singers, they just have a distinct voice. So even with Greg it's excusable.

>stronger than you
>good

youtube.com/watch?v=IgVonye5mE0
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXeFPpPJeI

RIP Sinbad

They sound pretty similar if you ask me.

Everyone gets shitter with age

Thats a terrible song and the worst episode so far

garnet is the worst singer on the show
you can tell shes really uncomfortable or something

everyone else fucking sells it

She's so breathy and uninterested

Peridot has, the blue bitch hasn't.

I think that's kind of the point though, music plays an important part in the lives of most people regardless of actual talent. I'm honestly pretty weirded out whenever I meet someone who "doesn't like music"

my problem with the songs on this show aren't the singers themselves, it's the godawfull lyrics the writers have them spew out. with a few exceptions most are terrible.

I liked the pilot so fucking much. Also, I wish Garnet was given a song she could actually sing. Only Pearl has had good songs so far and it's upsetting

Might as well put Rose above Amethyst.

>Estelle
A professional singer/ songwriter.
Who won a Grammy.
Obviously we can tell who is the pleb in musical taste.

Pearl is the objectively better singer

She was literally Broadway Belle in BTAB and Megara in Hercules.

>Pearl's VA can sing decently well.
>>theater actress with 20+ years of experience
>>decently well
>>Pearl's VA can sing decently well
>Pearl's VA is literally a Broadway actress.

Then why isn't she famous for her singing outside that small niche? Because she is not that good to be famous for that

You know that most of that Broadway musical style is dated as all fucks, right?

Is music for dorks and grandmas

Why does she sing so terribly in steven then?
Do the writers not know how to write her a proper song?

Pearl
Stevonnie
Garnet
Rose
Sapphire
Steven
Amethyst
Greg
[FUCK HUGE POWER GAP]
Ruby

Rebecca Sugar is the problem, not the singers. She has a lot of trouble writing anything besides dorky-sounding ukelele songs, which is a problem when she writes vocal songs with bad lyrics that don't suit the singers' talent.

Compare the demo of Here Comes a Thought to what we actually got in a show as an example. It sounds way more natural when she's playing it while strumming on her guitar than the hiphop-ish version used in the show.

I've started thinking Sucrose has trouble writing for people completely out of her vocal range

Greg doesn't sing as well as his lifestyle would suggest, and Estelle doesn't seem to take advantage of her voice

Pearl's great though, best breakfast friend by far.