So is it any good? I love disaster movies that try to be somewhat realistic. The trailers all look pretty good too

So is it any good? I love disaster movies that try to be somewhat realistic. The trailers all look pretty good too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SR7YJTLadKM
youtu.be/4v5VbvUo0gU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is fucking fantastic.

The most realistic aspect of it is the ridiculous Japanese bureaucracy and how it leads to shit not getting done and them getting fucked up.

It's kino, Satan.

Checked

weeb live action anime trash

everyone who likes it should neck themselves

The talking was actually interesting, and the way America got involved was pretty good. Everything else is classic kaiju with a great rendition of Godzilla.

It's Anno's best work next to the original Evangelion. Absolute kino.

As it turns out, Godzilla is a metaphor. As he always has been... Or was originally intended to be, anyway. The true monster is the bureaucracy. The movie is a rebuke of specifically that.

Yeah its really good

100% pleb filter. Anyone who dislikes it has shit taste.

It's fantastic
Don't go in expecting a pacific rim or godzilla 2014 though, it's a lot of politicians talking and planning

It's excellent yes, on a number of levels.

I did like it. The obvious moral dilemma of letting America drop another nuke on Japan and the message of "Japan needs to take care of it's own shit and not let the world tell it what to do".

So a solid Godzilla movie with a solid point to it.

Is that a real poster?

An excellent companion piece to the one that started it all.

>it's a lot of politicians talking and planning
That's exactly what I want. Stuff like the first half of Arrival, where it's just a semi-realistic depiction of ordinary people in an extraordinary situation. Godzilla 2014 has shades of this when it wasn't being 'Rooty Tooty American soldier teams up with Godzilla to save the city'.

i wish, it's just a fan mockup

>Legendary Godzilla
>90 minutes of Kickass screaming "MUH FAMILY"
What a piece of shit movie.

Thick Godzilla is weirdly arousing,

>It's Anno's best work next to the original Evangelion. Absolute kino.
Yes actually. Didn't expect him to choose such a serious direction. Thought we would get something more science-fiction or fantasy in nature.

It was comfy

>People STILL shitting up Godzilla 2014
It has problems, but is better than most of Godzilla's japanase movies.

That's not saying much considering it had 50x the budget and had Oscar winning stars and directors behind it. Most Godzilla movies were made in a cave with a box of scraps.

I wish that chick didn't have such shit English

Where's my 4.0 anno you hack fraud

If the movie kept Cranston alive and revolved around his character it might have been a different movie. Instead we got that hack who couldn't even play a generic army man well.

The first teaser was a pure kino though
youtube.com/watch?v=SR7YJTLadKM

How 'Japanese' is it? If you get what I'm saying.

>Godzilla 2014
>Alright we're going to do a hollywood Godzilla right this, it's the real Godzilla with megabudget hollywood effects and action
>spends most of the movie focusing on nondescript generic bug monster

You mean 3.0 + 1.0?

Most Godzilla movies are mediocre at best. Godzilla 2014 included.

Godzilla (KOTM), Mothra vs Godzilla, Monster Zero, Hedorah, Biollante, GMK, and Shin Godzilla are the actual good ones. Honorable mention for G2000 and Ghidrah.

If you mean by Japanese is "people in governments talks and talks about a problem without getting shit done", then it's very japanese

>mfw soldier man pulls out his pistol to shoot the bug monster
Godzilla 2014 was army propaganda.

Well, very I guess
>made by japanese
>meant for a japanese audience
>plot revolves around japanese bureaucrats dealing with a monster invading japan

large portions of it are a indictment of the japanese government's bungling of the aftermath of the 2011 tsunami, but the overall gist is fairly universal

they eat rice and shit, it's fucking horrific. I had to pause the movie and go shoot up chinatown just to calm myself down.

>So is it any good? I love disaster movies that try to be somewhat realistic. The trailers all look pretty good too.
Pretty shit imho. Plenty of better disaster flicks. And ithe effects are pathetic.

Nice trips.

IS THERE A FULL UNCUT VERSION YET NOT THE 1 HOUR AND 40 MINUTE VERSION

I can't recommend it enough and for the weebs out there the track ripped directly from Evangelion was nice fan service from the master.

>He missed the epic threads from March when the Blu-Ray came out

Y'know, the MUTOs grew on me a bit, after actually seeing them in action.

it's amazing how godzilla good is while at the same time he's been shitting out the rebuilds for years.

it's like if george lucas had made dunkirk instead of red tails

>the funimation bluray removes all the titles and labels for people
WHY

WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?

I agree, I dug the sexual dimorphism and seeing them 2v1 Godzilla at the end was pretty hype. Still not 100% on their faces though, a bit too robotic.

youtu.be/4v5VbvUo0gU

The entire bluray was a disappointment but the lack of aesthetic Jap labels was a kick to the nuts.

I don't even feel like fucking buying it anymore, its such a huge loss to the movie's feel. Shit like the main guy's title getting longer and longer as the movie went on, I loved that.

Make it cleaner and easier to watch is my only guess.

Alternatively, maybe Toho made them do it so that it would not be exact to their domestic release, meaning Japanese fans would be less inclined to import it.

I imagine Japanese fans would be less inclined to import it because it came out ages ago in Japan, but you're probably right. There's no reason it couldn't have been included as an option to turn off/on, but that's just Toho hating on foreign markets, as usual.

Really? What the fuck

w-what?

I just ordered the Blu-Ray. What exactly did they get rid of and will it impact my enjoyment?

It is without a doubt the best Eva film without Eva. I mean fuck Anno was all over this

They got rid of all the people being labeled as well as the military equipment.

Its not a HUGE deal but it definitely was a negative for me due to stuff like this:
And I personally found it helped keep me informed on who was who.

Definitely something to keep in mind.

And they wonder why their releases sell like shit. Here comes the import I guess

The import doesn't have subs, though. We're fucked no matter what.

it's a pretty big deal when the film is all about organizations, and used those titles to hammer home the different aspects of the theme as they were addressed.

Didn't need em on the leak, don't need em now. Sorry though mate

While the rebuilds are a few steps down from NGE, I think people vastly over-exaggerate how "bad" they are. They're actually fairly solid films. 3.0 was a mess though.

so it no longer looks like pic related?

they really aren't. not by a long shot

>And they wonder why their releases sell like shit.
There needs to be a dedicated Godzilla distributor in the West. The Western distribution rights are divided between too many companies. There's Sony, Universal, Dreamworks, Funimation, Media Blasters, Kraken, and Lionsgate.

theyre mediocre through and through

Do you mind naming the biggest issues?

Are we talking about 1 and 2, or the garbage fire that was 3? I actually liked the first one, although its a pretty standard retelling of the first 6 episodes without much added beyond the beefed up Remiel fight. The second movie had way too much shitty CGI for the angels and I felt like it didn't do a good job of giving Shinji time to develop before throwing him into the third impact.

>or the garbage fire that was 3
Some are under the impression that 2.0 was the worst thing to happen to Evangelion and 3.0 was the best thing since EoE. Though I think that sort of opinion is restricted to evawiki.

> I felt like it didn't do a good job of giving Shinji time to develop before throwing him into the third impact.
I liked what Rebuild did with Shinji and Rei. Felt like there was more progress. However, using an impact was a horrible mistake. Especially since it was used again in 3.0.