21% and dropping

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/dark-tower-director-says-tv-show-will-be-direct-ad-258877
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How the fuck would we know? It hasn't been released yet.

>what went wrong?
Sony.

>Idris
>no full frontal nudity
Probably critics pissed about the misleading movie title baka

The book(like all of kings work) is trash

Why didn't they set the movie in the desert. Now it looks like some autistic Inception rip off with a black man in a halloween Cowboy costume.

And youuu could have it alllll

>misleading movie title baka
topkek

How many more flops does Sony have lined up this year? How much longer will they go on?

I dont care how good of an actor Idris is, casting him as Roland was a mistake and ruins character advancement of Susannah.

I'm trying to think, when was the last time a Matthew McConaughey movie had a rotten RT score?

>hollywood tries to put its own spin on an adaptation
>be surprised it's shit

>pg13

Man the gore and horror in the books does not translate well to pg13.

Please don't listen to Rotten Tomatoes. They just hate all movies. Just go to your local theatre and see it before you're spoiled!

reviews say Idris is the best thing about the movie, it's everything else that's shit

No Stephen King adaptation should ever be PG rated. That's like missing out on half the fun of his books.

Thank God, now I won't be dragged to see it

>lead character is black and the score still goes lower than 80%

It's garbage, user, certified garbage

Damn and it even turned the protagonist from white to nig just like most critics like. It must really be a massive turd.

Who was in the wrong here?

Either Rothsman's getting fired or sony will be shuttering its film division. great news on both counts.

>88 minutes

But he's the new Denzel and it's fucking Stephen King! How can the critics not worship it?

Susannah is not in the movie, so that doesn't really matter does it?

THE PATRIACRHY!

>How many more flops does Sony have lined up this year? How much longer will they go on?
Jumanji 2 is next.

REEEEEE somebody answer my question

>need diversity hire for the movie
>get rid of the one black character and turn one of the white characters black for no reason
I just don't understand Hollywood anymore.

The black character has to be the main one.

They need something to be the tipping point when forced diversity becomes deeply uncool. Maybe this is it.

Earlier this year, with Gold.

>((((Gleiberman))))

Like that sewer scene in IT :D

The white male and the self-hating Asian collaborator

The sheriff is near.

Matthew should have been Roland.

Waited years for a film adaptation and they come out with this absolute abortion.

t h i s
h i s t
i s t h
s t h i

B-BUT BASED BLACK MAN

What else are they gonna say, dude? Wake the fuck up. He's an ungrateful cunt, too. Shitting on Marvel, fuck him.

I don't get it, how is that a fresh rating?

patiently waiting for the only review that matters desu

sahara?

>he'll like it
>Sup Forums will defend blackwashing
Can't wait for Almond's review

>title is Dark Tower
>tower on poster is clearly white
DamagedJoker.jpg

Sony studios is a loss leader. They don't make profit on it, but it puts their name out there. Their other businesses more than cover the expenses.

Similar to how Youtube is a financial sinkhole for Google but they still keep it around.

Fresh is just above 50% isn't it?

Hmm, should we make an adaptation of The Gunslinger and properly set up the universe for a series of movies?

Or should we take the first few books, toss them in a blender, add even more New York shit and make the movie a Young Adult PG-13 lame-ass action movie?

Gee,I wonder what will do better?

B-but I thought RT ratings don't matter and only pander to movies pushing the SJW agenda

Yeah, that's right, so if even THEY are rating this poorly, it must be really fucking bad.

Who could have predicted?

poor lagertha, now she'll never have her big break

No, it means that it's KINO
based black guy /ourkino/ wew fbpb

>95 minutes
What the fuck were they thinking

>Average Rating: 4.2/10
Ouch

They gave it negative reviews because there's no interracial sex scene where Elba plunges his dark tower into a white woman

>Youtube is a financial sinkhole for Google but they still keep it around
Google could pull funding for all their 'celebrities' right now and nothing would change.

Didn't Emoji Movie came out a week ago? Fucking hell they don't catch a break do they?

Ahhhhh that smug, self-satisfied feeling

>8 books
>90 minute movie

What makes them think this could work? Why not make it a TV series?

>my coworkers told me I was being negative for saying this looked awful
Gotta love being right about calling shit shit.

They really should look at how a REAL film should be adapted.

>celebrities leave
>another company shits out their version of youtube
>picks celebrities up for a fraction of the cost
>makes their version profitable
>google's name shrinks, rival's name grows
Youtube is also highly influential so that would be a huge social loss to Google

What did he say about Marvel?

but user, that's a show

The worst part is I love the books, but I'm going to be dragged out to see this. It's going to be hell.

the books are shite

So's your face lmao pwned xd

you almost sound excited user

I just want to get it over with

Thing is that wouldn't ever happen. It's a slightly similar case but twitch is the big streaming platform right now. A ton of streamers tried switching to other platforms that were as good or better, but only a fraction of their viewers followed and they eventually come groveling back. YouTube is just too big for people to leave it now

Gold?

>Limp
FINISHED

This everyone just forgot about it

yes you're just so eager to spend your money on this like the good little goy that you are but the wait is still excruciating isnt it?

Why is Sony on a JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP rampage? First emoji movie now this?
Kek

I think there had been a misunderstanding here

>Why is Sony on a JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP rampage? First emoji movie now this?
What is there to say? Sony Pictures is simply the worst of the major studios.

Look, when you have multiple studios, they can't all be good. Someone had to be last. And once Sony Pictures become Last, they could no longer maintain talent. People who are any good just go to one of the other studios. And people who suck and can't get a job elsewhere, end up in Sony Pictures. That's why Tom Rothman got to Sony after being fired by Fox.

Peoole like it? I watched the first 2 episodes and cant remember why i ever liked this show.

And by god does it have a lot of bad expositionary dialogue coming out of nowhere.

It's funny because if they'd stuck with the source material, (white) Roland would've gotten raped by an invisible succubus, who'd go on to impregnate his black female companion

Did Armond White review it yet?

Stupid go-I mean guy, men can't be raped!

Can someone explain how the fuck this movie fits in with the books?

The director said it's a sequel to the books, but there's also going to be a TV series which is a prequel to the movie? This shit doesn't make any sense, why didn't they just adapt the fucking books?

My sides

I'm pretty sure the whole TV thing got chucked

>dropped to 19%

Ka is a wheel, nigger.

Also the ending to the books is dog shit. I would prefer a hollywood ending over that fucking dumpster fire anyday.

>the Crimson King throwing harry potter snitches and saying "REEEEEEE FUCKING NORMIES"

I thought I was having a fever dream.

avclub.com/article/dark-tower-director-says-tv-show-will-be-direct-ad-258877

No they want to do a show. I don't see it happening though since the movie will tank.

Why is RT so polarising?

The percentages are either very high or very low, you rarely get anything that's in-between the two extremes.

>Hollyjew completely ruined any chance of Dark Tower getting a good adaptation

This is what happens when you make Roland Deschain of Gilead, a fucking nigger. You deserve the crown of JUST.

>Why is RT so polarising?
>The percentages are either very high or very low, you rarely get anything that's in-between the two extremes.
If you actually know what a Tomato score is, you wouldn't be asking that question.

The entire last book is kind of a "what the fuck" deal

im still gonna go see it lol

Roland timeloops at the end of book seven. Each time he loops, things get slightly less shitty.

This is supposed to be the final loop.

Same here, I wasn't expecting good reviews.

they shoulda given the project to Lynch and told him to mindfuck the audience into submission

Maybe in another twenty-ish years they'll try to do it right?

So is anyone going to pay to watch this, and if so, why?

That's studio spin once they realized how much of a mess the movie is