BLACK WASHING ROLAND BACKFIRED LMFAO

people are saying it's the worst movie they've EVER seen

Other urls found in this thread:

smithsonianmag.com/history/lesser-known-history-african-american-cowboys-180962144/
variety.com/2017/film/news/the-dark-tower-making-of-stephen-king-1202511835/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

King turned down Darabont for this.

They'll just blame it on racism

Based moviebob!

I don't get why people keep taking chances away from Darabont when his work has been consistently good.

I agree Elba was a miscast but let's not pretend he's the main reason this film is shit

>BLACK WASHING ROLAND BACKFIRED LMFAO
I think its more like making a shitty movie backfired.

Reminder Uncle Buck with a nigger as uncle buck failed too

Damn I was actually looking forward to it. But the trailer did look like it would be meh

le redpilled retards will reject this and say its because a black guy is in it

much like how lefty faggots will blame racism for its failure

horseshoe theory etc etc and if anyone replies to this with the ms paint comic of the loud insane liberal and the reasonable right-center conservative, save your time your picture is biased and reveals your bias suck my cock

There's zero chances Moviebob cares about the blackwashing so it's probably just a total shit movie.

stfu, nigger

wow, youre so smart.
*tips fedora*

>blackwashing backfired

How? Does anyone say that the gunslinger being black is one of the film's problems?

I'm saying it. it's a problem. it's horrible casting. Roland was a white cowboy guy.

The guy being black isn't THE problem with the movie, but the blackwashing was an indication that the makers were more interested in identity politics then in creating a good movie.

>suck my cock
I'd be surprised if you have one

Its representative of the movie being terrible and not giving a shit about the books.

If they can't even cast the main character to look like he should how can you trust them in anything else.

Why is it important that Roland be white? Genuinely curious. I know there's a lot of edgelord-style ironic racism here, but this instance seems to be of particular annoyance to people.

Idris Elba is a good actor. I doubt the movie failed due to him. It's probably just a shitty script, since they deviated so much.

Fuking hell they gonna blame Idris, based negroman from britain deserved better than this

Bob's word is final.

FUCK YEAH WE DID IT CENTIPEDES

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

MEET BACK OVER A R_TD FOR THE REAL FESTIVITIES

WHOO

He turned down the guy who made his shitty rambling novels into coherent and enjoyable movies? And still hates Kubrick for The Shining?

Jesus. Stephen King is such a fucking faggot.

Blackfired

This is a whitelash to those who want diversity in film.

Something to do with the walking dead. When he left those actors wanted to also. People in Hollywood are viewing it as a coup/sabotage. Honestly I cheered when Andrea died.

Can we stop using nbombs? It's really off-putting reading them

Neanderthal.

In the books there is a main character who is black. She has a split personality that's basically nigger incarnate and when she slips into said personality she actively betrays anything white cause she blames white people for what happened to her. It was kind of an interesting dynamic.

I am amazed that nigger was allowed to say that on live television and CNN didnt even attempt to apologize for him.
Shut up nigger

>samefagging this hard

Because there is absolutely nothing wrong with fans of any work of literature to expect the actors to physically reflect their character's descriptions. Official artwork spread throughout the final books depicts a white Roland. He is described as looking similar to Stephen King. Idris Ilba reflects nothing about the character's descriptions and fans are entirely justified being upset.

In the novels, one of the main characters, Susannah, is a black woman who is racist against white people and is initially kistrustful of roland for being white
In the movie they just cut her and eddie out completely so it's just roland and jake and made roland black
It's also a plot point that Roland looks pretty much like a cowboy from the leone western movies, specifically clint eastwood

This.

kek, calm down you fucking dipshit.

It was a whitelash that got Trump elected.

>Sup Forums has become so awful they're taking MovieBlob's words as gospel

Jesus Fuck.

They only YT critic that is worth the time is Chris "kinoman" Stuckman

But Elba is based though. I would be upset if they cast Corey Hawkins or something, but Elba I deal with.

apperently the first half of the movie is set on New York focusing on the kid and Roland and the Man in Black only appear in his visions

This is a 90 minute movie

>RRRREEEEEE STOP BEING RIGHT
Pathetic

His race plays into a dynamic that Roland has with one of the other main characters, who happens to be a black person who starts out as a racist towards white people because of how badly she's been treated in her life.

I don't give a shit, just look at all the reviews and responses

He hates the shining movie for butchering Jack Torrence. I do t know why you have to be so autistic that you can't see that Jack Torrence in the movie was terrible.

>Stephen King is such a fucking faggot.
This isn't hyperbole.
Anyone who's a bit triggered at this only needs to watch his interviews.

The man is an unoriginal hack who sucks the correct dicks for good publishing.

Oh my God, that inflated fucking ego.

off le meds r wii

It's all of those things, akchuarry, my enlightened pill friend, I'll share your work (with all credit).

1/4 of cowboys were black.
smithsonianmag.com/history/lesser-known-history-african-american-cowboys-180962144/

But as an actor even if he were as pale as a ginger Scot, his type of acting didn't really fit this role.

>implying that's the real reason it'll be shit
It's A problem, not THE problem.

Yeah but he isn't the reason why the movie sucks, you retard.

>reddit spacing

is this real? he is 40 year old obesse youtuber with no girlfriend or wife

>terrible
no, just different

It being bad has nothing to do with Elba you pol fucks

variety.com/2017/film/news/the-dark-tower-making-of-stephen-king-1202511835/

Surprise it's another made-by-committee and directed by someone in way over his head and had final edit taken away from him mess

I like Elba, too. But he is a far fucking cry away from Roland. The outcry against him is no different nor any less justified than the outcry against Johansen for Ghost in the Shell.

Wait, they cut eddie? What the fuck. Who will tell bad jokes and break blaine?

Quality post, friend! Upvoted! XD

>fuck fuck fuck this guy is reasonable and isn't confirming his biases, I know, I'll call him a le enlightened centrist with a fedora, that'll show him

Except the outcry against Johansson is/was not justified at all.

Jack Torrance was King lying to himself believing he was a good father and making justifications through fiction for his shitty drug addiction and alcoholism you idiot. Kubrick saw through the self-indulgent horseshit and peeled back the mask. King never got over that apparently. It was no different than DFW trying to softly praise himself through Hal in Infinite Jest or Hemingway pretending that African hunters gave a fuck about his literary opinions on Green Hills of Africa.

You're a faggot.

It's not. Its literally only relevant in The Drawing of the Three. And only as a small plot point where Susannah has a racist alter ego. It has no major impact aside from a scene where Odetta is trying to crawl her way to Roland screaming how he's a honky.

Bob is the ubermensch

So are there still people who don't admit that Steven King kind of sucks?

Not the main reason but a symptom.

Also it's a good indicator of where the studio's priorities were

Here's the problem with The Dark Tower: you can't just make it one movie, hell, you need other movies to come before it to adapt it right.
You need to do The Stand and Eyes of The Dragon before you can even start making TDT, and that would be like 3 movies.
THEN you can start on a 4 movie series of The Dark Tower.

Your post came off as a loud insane liberal.

Blob twitter screencappers need to go back to the Trayvon/Martin Brown decisions. Those are the ones where he starts making homicidal rants about how Obama should send the National Guard to arrest all the Florida state politicians and execute them for treason and shit.

Why didn't HBO just get the rights to adapt it after Game of Thrones. would be a perfect replacement in their "roster"

This.

If even Movieblob can't support the blackwashed movie you know it's gotta be awful

This is now a MovieBob thread.

>replacement
They already have 5 Game of Thrones spin-offs planned

Whitelash because the nigger president was a total fucking disaster.

You need to adapt WAY more than just The Stand and Eyes of The Dragon before you can make The Dark Tower. This would have to be a Marvel level project.

>rape jokes mean the whole of our culture supports rape
Jesus Christ, Bob.

Post rare bobs

No one with any credibility can say Roland was miscast for fear of causing a shitstorm and ending their career.

In my experience the only people who think it's not a big deal to blackwash the main character, are virtue signaling liberals who didn't read the books and have no interest in the movie.

please no, is just fucking sad man

Well the problem with making The Dark Tower one fucking movie is that like 65% of King's work is referenced in The Dark Tower series.

I didn't know they cut those two characters out. Holy fuck no wonder the movie is shit.

>The cinematic version of The Man in Black is an awful character. He just shows up everywhere out of the blue, whispers words like “stop breathing,” and whoever hears these words acts on his command. He seems to have unlimited, unexplained powers – yet still sends untrustworthy lackeys out to do his bidding, then gets mad when they fail. The only person he can’t seem to defeat is The Gunslinger, which is explained in a throwaway line that The Gunslinger can resist The Man in Black’s magic for some reason. (McConaughey could have easily just have shrugged and said “That guy, LOL” and it would have had about the same effect.)

this.

Kubrick was an artist and a visionary. King was a coke-addicted schlock peddler for most of the 80s because the fucking dweeb let success go to his head.

>trusting HBO to make a good show

You are dumb as fuck, HBO has been shit for over a decade now.

You really don't need any side movies. Include a few winks and nods and appropriate fan service toward The Stand, Salem's Lot and whatever King stories intersect with the Dark Tower while focusing on getting the main story right.

I want to shoot him.

>85825306
oh, what TV company produces better shows?

Moviebob thinks Other M is the best Metroid. Surely he doesn't actually have fans on this board, right?

I like Elba too, I just think he would've been better as Walter O'Dim

Lets be honest here, the books are fucking shit.