Now that the dust has settled.. Who was worse?

Now that the dust has settled.. Who was worse?

christ her neck

Diane got better. Todd was never good.

Diane got an abortion and felt no remorse or guilt or anything like that. Fuck her. and this show

As of the season 3 ending?

Todd came to rely on BoJack from a dark place, and he should not have done nothing and overstayed his welcome, but he went on to be pschologically abused and manipulated into being what he is now by BoJack. What Todd is now is BoJack's fault as much as his own.

Dianne isn't perfect, but neither is anybody else. She started off pretentious abd vapid like her friend Wayne, she had a shitty phase in season 2, but she's a decent enough human being now.

I hope they can both overcome their flaws and grow as people, but it will be a lot harder for Todd. He'll probably just end up mooching off Emily.

I take it you're a Sextina Aquafina fan then

How many months in was she? If it was under 3 it's fine.

Why the hell is this even a question. Todd's never been bad and Diane's never been good.

it's never fine

i'm not a fan of this show at all. it's just awful. i don't get why people like this

?

Oh, you're one of those.

Shame things didn't work our between Bojack and Wanda

Todd might be a little ungrateful at times but when has he done anything that Bojack didn't deserve?

In terms of morality who cares, in terms of entertainment value: Todd episodes are fucking garbage, Diane's subplots are entertaining

Looks like they missed one

braap braap pew pew

The fact she flushed a baby away because she's being her typical directionless self is a little disturbing.

And Todd's become even more of a parasite to Bojack now that it's established he has no drive to fuck and to have a separate life with a special someone. But at least his antics with Mr. Peanutbutter is still funny.

lel

>Shit taste: the post

>in season 2 she's all depressed about being unfulfilled about her life
>gets a job just by sitting on her ass using her phone, not physically straining at all
>gets knocked up
>"oh noes, my career will die if i have a kid"

Having a kid would solve alot of her problems while being able to work just by tweeting shit. Her desire to have a fulfilling life, giving Mr PB good publicity and would gain the common sense that Bojack is an awful person and keeps him away from her family.

Is it still a parasite if you clamp the leech onto yourself and give it a squeeze if it tries to come off?

Todd is fucking trash. He's a joke that the audience is supposed to have an emotional attachment to and it just doesn't work for me. He has funny moments but you could take Todd out and the show would be exactly the same.

Good thing neither of them wanted him.

Todd is a fucking piece of garbage. Constantly mooching, constantly creating carnage (Boreanaz House, Disney Land, his taxi business), and constantly stating Bojack is trash without even considering himself. The prime moment was when he blew up at Bojack for sleeping with his friend. She was a goddamn adult, who had just thrown herself at Todd only to get shut down. It wasn't done out of spite. It wasn't done out of anger. It was two lonely people trying to make each other less lonely and Todd acts like they just gassed an entire family at Aushcwitz

Don't masturbate k

>8 million dollars

If Diane had a child would it be a dog or a human?

I can sympathise with Todd. Might be some slight projection, but I've had a helpless chapter of my life when I was 20, being stuck with a passive-aggressive enabler that also tries to make you feel even more worthless and resented than you already feel on your own. Todd is a silly cartoon character though, he can eat food without feeling guilty about it and he can shrug off harsh jabs. I want to see Todd get over his funk and become self-reliant.

Is he gonna move in with the cow?

It would be a horse

Human, it's pokemon rules.

>likes Todd episodes
>calling other people out for shit taste
wew

>Diane got an abortion and felt no remorse or guilt or anything like that.
She did. It's just not spelled out for you. Watch her face when Mr. Peanutbutter is playing with his nieces and nephews. It's quick but you can tell in an instant she realized that Mr. Peanutbutter probably wanted kids and would have been a decent father.

Then explain Penny's human brother. I think it's gender specific. Male would have been dog, female would have been human.

i don't think of todd as being in a funk. he is a funk. he has no drive or desires. he just wastes his friends money.

What about BoJack's daughter? I doubt her mom is a horse.
The rule is "whatever works"
Dianne would probably have a puppy.

then why are you on this thread?

Yes (you) masterbait

He has drive and desires. He doesn't WANT to do nothing all day, his rock opera thing had serious potential, he likes building things, he loves being given tasks, chores, or responsibilities. He could be a mechanic or something. Those ambitious tendencies were stomped out. Todd's not Dianne c. seasin 2, with support Todd could easily do some growing.
Props to BoJack for being a much better friend starting with season 3, even if he's still reinforcing Todd's spongey scavenger behavior.

ok

>but she's a decent enough human being now.
Did you miss her final scene of season 3? She'll almost definitely write articles about Mr PB and hurt his chances in the election.

I hope you don't actually think Mr PB wouldn't want kids.

>with support Todd could easily do some growing
This is the problem, he needs the support to be able to do anything but he isn't going to get it from Bojack.

I honestly forgot about that.
Yeah, if she does fuck over her husband it will be tough to forgive her. But let's not forget how seedy his company became, even if it was through his blind stupidity.

Any indication that he does that I'm forgetting about? Not all "nice" people want children.

Regardless of what might have happened, PB is still a good person at heart who has provided for her for years and has nothing but love for her. If she betrays him like that she's done.

I think he moved out from BoJack's place. Hopefully he'll find real stability and support with Emily, and doesn't just try to sponge off her.

Just look at him with his nephews. Combine that with the fact that he clearly delayed his answer to have the same one as her when they were saying it 'at the same time' leads me to believe that he would want kids but only if Diane also wants them.

>mfw my friend talked about her abortion like it was nothing
It's fucking terrifying.
Was the last generation like this as well?

It'd be interesting if Todd comes back having given away his money and BoJack kicks him out in a fit of pique.

"What was that you said? I have to be better? What else is there to say? How about you don't live here any more Todd. Go away Todd, find some other sucker who will watch you give away 8 million dollars then let you live in their house and eat out of their fridge"

Bojack would of course be utterly devastated, because without Todd around he doesn't have an anger toilet, and the only one left to take things out on is himself.

Todd would be fine.

Being nice and playful with the kids you hardly see isn't comparable at all to the idea of having your own child. It's constant, it's arduous, it's a huge responsibility, it's not all fun and games like visiting some nephews for a day.

Generations prior to the 1900's talked about children up to age 10 dying like people today talk about pets dying. Even through the 1940's, losing a kid or two was just a part of having children.

We're fucked up now.

So you want BoJack to regress back to the guy he was in season 1 episode 1? No thanks. Besides, Todd already picked up his shit and left.

He's a golden retriever. That's like the definition of "good with kids dog "

Point is she's internalizing her feelings because of her trying to be what she thinks she should be like.

We've already seen where this ends up once already, Bojack's couch.

Have you ever been around people who legitimately (as in, aren't between the ages of 16-23 and have good, stable careers) don't want children? They are not good with them, they shy away and try really hard to avoid them, then post scathing shit on their facebook afterwards.

Then what the hell is this guy?

Im good with my nephews BECAUSE I can ditch them when they get out of hand. They're all kinds of fun but that doesn't mean I want to take them in if something happens to my brother

Then you're a shitty brother.

It's always been like this. Men are more often the ones who get sentimental about family and kids. I can't remember who said it but: "Dad was a coconut. Hard outside, soft under the shell. Mom was a peach. Soft outside, hard as hell inside".

Todd:
>stupid to a fault but nothing has actively been destroyed due to his irrational behavior
>crashes on Bojack's sofa indefinitely and eats his food

Diane
>manipulates her husband into agreeing to whatever it is she says
>ultimately abandons him to find some selfish meaning in life
>can't cope with the "phonies" and eventually uses Bojack as a crutch and free housing while telling PB to go fuck himself
>Continues to make selfish decisions constantly because she feels like she has to prove herself to everyone before she turns 40

Diane is way shittier, she's like the female Bojack.

No, he's a responsibly uncommitted uncle. S
Why shouldn't someone more experienced with children and willing take them in? Like a great-uncle and great-aunt?

This

No you just have a weird complex about how people should feel about children

It does make sense considering that when my friend had her abortion, her boyfriend was completely shaken. He was somewhat expecting to have a kid but she just decided to abort it without even mentioning her intentions.

She won't be done. Mr. PB has NEVER had the dignity. First wife dumped his ass. Second ex-wife left him to sex some other guy. PB has never told any cunt "Fuck you! You're out of my life!" So even if Diane sabotages his career he will forgive her. He already forgave her lying to him for months about helping orphans in foreign countries. So he's not going to do jack to her in case she crosses him.

She doesn't abandon him because they stay in regular contact with each other.
Furthermore, it was never going to be long anyway.

>can't cope with the "phonies"
That's not really a major problem, since her friends actually are shitty losers. But it builds her character problem, which is dissatisfaction with herself and her shitty taste in friends is a reflection of that.

But again, not exactly a fault on par with "eats your food, pays no rent".

>while telling PB to go fuck himself
Didn't happen like that. It was her not wanting him to realize what she realized about herself, that she's not a heroic person who can do difficult things. What redeems it is the fact he never cared in the first place, and understood and forgave her for it.

Honestly, they're on par. Todd does no harm, but is an active drain on those around him (don't forget that PB actually blows money on his ideas), while Diane just makes shitty choices she can't follow through on based on who she thinks she is rather than who she actually is.

A dog loves so innocently and purely.

Makes sense. Men have a difficult time passing their genes. A woman aborting is saying on a biological level "Your genes aren't good enough to be birthed." Women on the other hand can just suck a cock of their choosing and impregnate themselves in Easy Mode because they are the gate keepers of sex.

Um, that's Bojack. The main character.
The doctor is only a black person, nothing special.

>rent
BoJack probably owns his place, and has it paid off. You mean utilities.

I'm not saying mr PB will be done with her, I'm saying she'll be done with any chance of being a decent person.

A lot of it is how you think about it.

For some women, it doesn't become another being in the mind until later; its just a part of the body at that point emotionally speaking. For men, because its an external thing, its automatically a baby.

Think about it like this. Upon finding out about a pregnancy, men start immediately thinking about its first year and what to do to support it. Women immediately think about the pregnancy, about this thing that's basically on par with an insect for two months, a rodent for two months after that, and a human start for the remaining five.

An extremely cynical woman for whom its basically a life-ending mistake could basically react to it like a cancer, its a literal unwanted parasite inside you that will ruin your life going forwards. Men don't have that reaction because, well, its not something inside you.

I was thinking about it like a boarder, but that works too.

some people are just like that user.

my mom nonchalantly told me that she had abortions at least a couple times before getting pregnant with me, and decided to keep me because she felt ready to have children. it's kind of bizarre knowing i could have been one of those abortions if she had a second thought, but that's just the way things are sometimes.

Has he met her family? It would seem that she hates the idea of even potentially pushing her genes to him. Why become her mother, why have the idea of making Mr. Peanutbutter into her dad, and why have kids that would turn out as shitty as her and her family.

>She's fucking scared.

>and just maybe Mr. Peanutbutter can save her from that mindset

But Todd...

Fuck that guy! Regardless of what Bojack has negatively done to him; he has inadvertently left more doors open for him just for the fact that he lives with him and meets the right people at the right time. And all he does is fuck it his own way. Bojack just becomes the face of someone else fucking him over.

>CANCLE THE FUCKING CHECK YOU FUCKNUT!!!

>WHAT BANK WOULD LET THAT CHECK BE DEPOSITED AND/OR CASHED WITHOUT THE SIGNERS APPROVAL!!!

this is actually a pretty good analogy. it makes sense why the most fervent anti-abortion advocates are men from this perspective. it isn't like you're pregnant for a few days and out comes the baby - a woman's body becomes an incubator for up to nine months. and some women don't want to go through with that unless they know they want to take care of what comes out, but men are already thinking ahead of that.

BoJack calls him a "house guest"

60's generation and up start to have a majority view of children as accessories that you can choose to want or not.

Definitely thanks to the Pill and feminist, casual sex 'free love' culture. If a pill can control when you're knocked up then, abortion is just a messier extension of the Pill.

Sometimes I feel I'd rather just be alone and masturbate forever than deal with that sociopathic sex that is has deemed mankind completely without worth and only worth living based on the whims of fucking females.

As a dude, I can't even put myself in the mindset where it isn't a fucking nightmare. Just imagining you've been told its normal all your life, and a rush of maternal hormones, still seems horrifying.

You have another being inside you, slowly growing. Your entire body is changing permanently, and is going to be less attractive for the rest of your life. You are going to get hemorrhoids, your everything is going to be sore, and that's not even going into childbirth. At a certain point just knowing that the fucking thing can happen at any time, just out of nowhere. Being in the worst pain of your life, having people staring at your genitals for a third of an entire day while you shit yourself, piss yourself, scream, cry, and have a very good chance of your genitals tearing and suffering permanent damage. I mean, imaging that if trying to have a baby you can have your dick tear inside and you'll never get a full boner again, and sex could be very painful.

Then dealing with the possibility of birth defects, like if your baby comes out with something like (do not look this up, seriously) Harlequin-type ichthyosis and having to deal with that. Plus breastfeeding, which fucking hurts like hell and you have to deal with shit like milk duct infections...

Oh, and what if hubby runs out on you? Because that's always something that can happen.

Seriously. While an abortion is unfortunate, I can't imagine myself as a woman not getting one. Or not just getting the tubes tied and being done with it as soon as I hit 20, save some frozen egg cells to stick in some paid living incubator when you wanna have kids.

>But again, not exactly a fault on par with "eats your food, pays no rent".

>Implying Diane doesn't eat PB's food without paying any rent

I also think there's a certain sentimentality about being part of a family unit that is different for men and women. I think for a lot of men there's a huge insecurity around the idea that they're never really desired. That love is like prospecting for gold, putting forth massive effort for uncertain results. A family, particularly an idealized one? That's a kind of gilt-edged emotional bond.

I mean, I've talked to gay men who talked about how they fantasized about being married and having kids. There was no sexual attraction to a woman involved, but the idea of being a father, of being part of that idealized family unit was still powerfully attractive.

Pretty edgy

Sup Forumstards tend to put all the blame on the jews while forgetting that their fathers are the ones who enabled it all..

"If men got pregnant, not only would abortion be legal, you could get one at McDonalds."

I tend to think of every abortion as a failure. Someone failed to explain birth control to you, someone didn't make it available, the morning after pill wasn't available, someone didn't use it properly... and at the same time, I don't believe it should be made illegal or even seriously restricted, because unless we figure out how to make society perfect, we're going to need it to prevent worse outcomes.

I think I need to re-read "Left Hand of Darkness" again.

If she was younger than 25 it was more than likely a good thing

You don't want more unwanted children in the world. End the cycle, you fucks.

Mr. Peanutbutter wanted an abortion too though. He would have been a good father, and would have liked kids. He just didn't think he wanted them. It will be interesting to see how Diane reacts to finding out Bojack has a kid he thought was aborted in season 4

Except men really don't. They think of the positives but they don't understand the negatives until it's too late. Not every guy is stupid and not every girl is cynical about it but a baby is a big deal and it has consequences.

And actually dealing with the baby is a completely different thing.

>Mr. Peanutbutter wanted an abortion too though.
Did he really or did he just say that because that's what Diane wanted?

Harlequin Ichthyosis is baby's stuff wordplay not intended.
Harlequin babies are entry level freaks. The people who grow up with it turn out fine anyway, they're just red, they need to avoid direct sunlight, their hair falls off, they need to constantly moisturize like a marine mammal and they always feel like they have an all-over sunburn. Sure it's hard but there are much worse defects.

Yeah you can get that way when you realize all human rights are a farce and we're only allowed to exist based on the whims of women.

Its so funny when you compare oldschool feminists to third wave feminists.

In the pre-1940's, it was about contraceptives like condoms even existing within the country. Women had to smuggle homemade sheepskin condoms in their vaginas to sell in secret like prohibition booze.

In the 50's it became about being able to have a career at all.

In the 60's and 70's, it was about not having to get married or be publicly shamed at 20, to be able to fuck and be a sexual being. To be like guys and be able to say "Yeah, I'd hit that" or "Yeah, I hit that".

In the 80's it was about not having a limit to how far your career can go before it becomes a dead end job.

In the 90's it was about finally becoming equal in all fields so you could plaster half naked dudes as billboards and refer to male and females with the same words because anyone could do anything.

Then in the 2000's feminism kind of took a backseat to all the other bullshit culturally, then in the 2010's there was this nightmarish reversal where they wanted a complete lack of a gender reference at all, wanted a complete lack of sexuality, and wanted to shut down things simply because they only appeal to men and lesbians.

There's a reason the oldschool feminists distance themselves from the nutcases now. Like that feminist conference where the woman from Pakistan chewed them out for complaining about sexualized music videos while she was fighting to have a woman able to marry someone her parents didn't assign her to without being killed for it. Or that old French feminist woman that called modern American feminists "angry crazy lesbians".

Like the 2010's was a U-turn for feminism.

They said it at the same time. He doesn't want to be a dad.

you never know the Mr. Peanutbutter. Is he an idiot or just playing the role

Little of both?

Todd told Bojack that he never attempted to reform himself and hasn't worked for anything he had earned at that point. When he thought he had the chance to deny Bojack an Oscar and the payoff to decades of his work, he tried to go through with it because apparently the reforms Bojack went through before and after One Trick Pony didn't matter.

He said that after he lived off of Bojack's couch for who knows how long and used him to get out of his mob situation. After he built a shitty amusement park where people died, children were molested, and for which stole the Disneyland name because of a simple error. After he was able to get an executive position purely for knowing Mr. Peanutbutter despite others blatantly telling him they had to work hard and go to college just to get there, let alone hold down the job. After he turned a specialized business that he had no hand in helping setting up and was set in Bojack's house into a prostitution service because he never stopped to think about what he was doing. He said it because two lonely, consenting adults slipped up one night and he couldn't tell the girl he was so attached to for years about his sexuality.

At least Diane tried to go to Marriage Counseling.

Good, hope they eat their own.

He hesitated to ensure he said the same thing. All the guy wants is to make Diane happy. There's a reason he's a dog.

the blue haired one

Its kind of like current conservatism. To gain more power, they tried to reach out to the lunatics and it came back decades later to bite them in the ass in the biggest way, because its incredibly difficult to distance yourself from them and there's not really a way forward if you do.