Donna Troy

Can she ever be fixed? Can she ever be non-convoluted?

>back for only a year
>continuity ALREADY fucked up

not my idea but just make her the Time Trapper at this point

>implying making her convoluted again isn't fixing her

>putting her with Roy is fixing her?

>Can she ever be non-convoluted?
No.

When writers stop believing they're gonna be the ones to "finally fix her."

,>>Can she ever be fixed?
Yes.

>> Can she ever be non-convoluted?
Yes.

Easy. She's a fictional character. "Wonder Girl! Thank goodness you saved me with the powers given to you by the the Amazon purple ray after you were adopted by Wonder Woman."

Never mention her background again. Done.

Any change they make to simplify here continuity will just be one more change on her wikipedia page, making her even less accessible.

Once a character is convoluted you can really only add to the problem

why would anyone want a less crazy backstory for her?

you guys suck at liking comics

For the casuals, or the casuals that know her, Donna will be forever Wonder Woman's younger sister.

The problem arise when writers tried to explain just how Donna cab more of a sister to WW, when pretty much any amazon is regarded as a sister, specially when WW was born from clay and magic.

So there's the WW's clone explanation, the adopted normal girl who gained powers through purple ray magic explanation, there's the Titans' children explanation and the most recent magical golem created with Hyppolypta's body turned clay plus baby sacrifice explanation.

This

I used to love this guy's art when he did sunstone, but I can't get over how everyone he draws looks exactly the same + that weird glossy blush.

Put her back in best couple

Am I the only one who thinks that despite her crazy backstory she's a good character?

As for fixing her backstory, just say all her origins are true because she slips between realities at random times(like the character of that old Goosebump book who would wake up in a new dimension when he went to sleep).

Yeah, I'm not a fan. From the fancomic stuff he posts he would be even worse as a writer, though.

>As for fixing her backstory, just say all her origins are true because she slips between realities at random times
Oh yeah, this definitely fixes the problem of her backstory being too convoluted.

At this point writers should just embrace the wackiness of her backstory. Also Donna traveling through random realities could make a cool story(assuming the writers are competent)

Works for me.

Too late, Kyle's fucking around with Carol now (but I feel like I read about them breaking up somewhere)
Don't ''fix'' her, embrace how convoluted her history is.

>women who decided to follow in wondys footsteps and leave the island
Thats it thats all she needs to be wonder women leaves then a few months later she leaves.

Did you just not read comics between 2004 and 2011? This has been done.

Makes me wonder if the wikia has the right idea having seperate pages for a character for each continuity.

A seperate page for each continuity i mean

Well, that's the problem. So long as WW's origin is the super-special magic child, Donna's always going to be a mess. Clay, Zeus-baby. Doesn't matter. Donna doesn't fit when Diana's the only child on the island. So you've gotta make it so Amazons have children. Really, the Amazons have science and magic out the wazoo, they shouldn't even need Azzarello's rape pirate nonsense to have kids. Just have Hippolyta have a second daughter via whatever mechanism required.

Of course, the problem here is that having kids steps on the toes of the the idea of the Amazons being immortal. Personally, I've never much cared for the immortal Amazons and I've never felt any need for Hippolyta to be THE Hippolyta. But that's how most people seem to prefer it.

So yeah, Donna's fucked.

Oh yeah i forgot about that aspect
Nevermind donnas fucked

I always liked the idea of making Donna Wildcat's daughter.

Remember how before The New 52 that Hyppolita traveled back in time and acted as Wonder Woman during the second World War, serving close with the JSA to defeat the Germans and having fling with Wildcat?

You could explain that she had Donna from that romance.

that would only last until the end of the storyline and then be rendered moot.

Amazons are an inherently flawed concept that ruins everything they are connected to

I am completely okay with that. Though, if they brought it back, they'd have to explain why Donna is the same age as Dick and Roy and Wally. Plus, they'd have to have Hippolyta operate under some other name that Wonder Woman. I remember more than a few people being really upset with Byrne that he made it so that Diana wasn't the "original" WW.

I always thought that the only immortal Amazons were the high ranking ones and all the other Amazons aged slower but were still mortal.

Amazons reproduction is weird. Past comics have them kidnap men and use them for breeding purposes.Depending on the writer the men and male babies would be released or killed. Other comics would have them recruit women from the outside world to join them. In one comic I think they used science/magic to create new Amazons.

As for Donna,I think the best thing would be to leave her backstory as it is.

You could explain her age by saying Amazons age really slowly.

Or you could have Hippolyta send her to Themyscira, where Diana is already a child and just say that time passes differently there.

Well, if the JSA still get time-bubbled it's not a problem if Donna got stuck along with Wildcat as a kid.

Did Wildcat get time-bubbled too? I can never remember which of them got stuck fighting Ragnarok.

They stopped seeing each other at the end of New Guardians, then he went to the Omega Men, and fucked the Princess, go read the Story Time thread already up. I believe that's the last we saw of him before Rebirth.

Donna is Diana's little sister because

That's it

Fixed

You know, making another golem wouldn't be a terrible backstory if it didn't come with such fucking evil bullshit attached with it. Seems like a simple enough explanation, no more complicated than Supergirl's or Robin's where their backstories are also just "and this happened again."

They did that and it sucked.