The writing on GoT is really terrible, I don't know why I didn't notice it earlier

The writing on GoT is really terrible, I don't know why I didn't notice it earlier

pic related: can't act.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mZxEuXG3hkI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>can't act

kys my man

no its not "terrible". Its not great but you cant call writing a show like game of thrones "terrible".

If you want terrible writing, watch American Gods or some Kardashian shit.

Nothing in the show makes sense it makes me angry to watch it bc it's so dumbed down now. I think they did a decent job adapting martins books, but they don't know how to come up with original content. Also they rushed through and deleted huge parts of the story bc it was so important to rush to the end of the story, yet they come up with a linger on the most asinine thingns, the love live of a ducking eunuch for example.

Nah bro you're a pleb. The acting is shit, the writing is shit, the cgi is shit, and the plot is shit.

Even normies can tell she's terrible at acting.

>Danny being imperious:
>Squint eyebrows and raise eyebrows like retard, occasionally make noot noot face when very angwy
>Dany any other time:
>fucking flat (like her body)

>tv shows have bad writing direction and acting
STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES

I can actually, and I'll do it again
it's t e r r i b l e

arya acting was fucking amazing in that recent tavern scene when she met pot pie or w/e

that blank stare and delivery of lines, on point

she looks like a thumb

>I AM THE QWEEN

why are you still watching it than? Just drop it and finish your beloved hobbit trilogy.

it's the sets, the performances outside of Jon Snow and Khaleesi, the sense of import built into the show and in its larger cultural discussion.
but also agree mostly with
it's really well-produced middlebrow

But her eyebrows can and that's all I care about.

i dropped this piece of shit a few seasons ago
i just come here to shit on it with other people because it feels good

Yes you can

Maybe not for season 1-3, but 4, 5 and especially 7 have had some jaw droppingly bad writing.

I miss season 2 Dany where she was half naked all the time

Emilia is gorgeous, even if he acting is pretty average

>average
She shittier than shit
>gorgeous
Fucking hell this board has zero taste.

>pic related: can't act.

OH YEAH?

youtube.com/watch?v=mZxEuXG3hkI

yeah

No it wasn't, lol. It was cringe as shit ya pinhead.

OH YEAH?

>people hate emilia clarke because she can't act
The vast majority of Hollywood actresses can't act. Hell, most Hollywood actors can't act.

But you know what? At least Emilia Clarke showed tits and ass and did hot sex scenes while she was still in her prime.

i stopped watching at the end of 3. thought it was just me being retarded and overly critical.

DELETE!

any reason she stopped showing boobs?

>hot sex scenes
it was RAPE you imbecile

Imagine being the actor next to her in this scene. Could you have managed not to laugh?

Horrible miscast. Her acting isn't exotic and interesting enough for a Targaryen. She sounds like a fan trying to act like Targaryen at fanime or something.

who the fuck else auditioned for the role because i bet there were so good actresses

I still want to pound the queen of donuts' fat vagina

Because she became safely important enough that "show tits or you're fired" doesn't apply to her and she didn't want to do it for gratuitous T&A like all GOT nudity is

because it's sexist now

>this fucking webm
I kek everytime

>Oh gauuuuuuugees
holy shit that's bad

Seriously, what's the bar set at? GoT is written better than most shows, unless you are one of those people who just compares everything to the best thing they've seen and calls all beneath it shit.

I swear there are two classifications of show for people:

1. The couple of things I like

2. Everything else is total and complete shit

Where's the nuance and thought in that?

Is she playing a retarded person? I ask this every time I see the webm and I never get an answer.

Ok?

If that's how you get your kicks...

Does she see your penis, or does she smell the pie in the next room? You'll never know.

EVERYTHING IS SHIT REEEEEEEE

The answer is actually no.

>tv, where unconventional shows with antiheroes thrive
>HBO started this whole fucking trend with Sopranos
>all they had to do to create another iconic role was to hire someone who can act
Who was in charge of acting for this shitshow? Why do characters that get the most screentime are played by the worst actors?

In her defense theatre actors tend to over-emote relative to film/tv actors so the audience can see what they're doing. That being said, I don't think she's a good actress.

I like her but the blonde wig REALLY doesn't suit her

It got progressively worse. Season 1 was almost *ALMOST* pitch perfect. The only dumb scene was the whore house scene with Littlefinger and the gratuitous s-exposition.

Every season just started to add more dumb scenes though, and it's to the point where it seems like now there are more dumb scenes than good ones on average.

>who the fuck else auditioned for the role because i bet there were so good actresses

>Tamzin Merchant played Daenerys Targaryen in the unaired pilot of the HBO series Game of Thrones, based on George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series of fantasy novels. The pilot was poorly received, and as a result the first episode was completely remade. Merchant was replaced in her role as Daenerys by Emilia Clarke

Emilia Clarke just doesn't have that killer's instinct. When she threatens people, it's meant to incite fear, but Clarke can't really sell it.

Lena Headey on the other hand is really good at it. She understands Cersei gets an almost sexual thrill out of killing her enemies and Headey fully embraces it.

Idk, Clarke needs an acting coach that can really get her to fill her character's shoes. Dany's supposed to be a good person, but with a touch of madness, going full fury and wrath when it comes to dealing with enemies.

>can't act
So true... She's supposed to be playing this amazing leader that people love and practically want to worship, yet she has come off as a spoiled cunt for the majority for the series, which i have a strong inclination is mostly due to her shitty acting rather then just how the character is written

Emilia clarke is shit

The adventures of the amazing, unchallengeable Mary Sue super girl.

It has gotten really bad in 6 and 7. Especially 7. I think when they ran out of books, they were left with shitty writers trying to fill in holes.

Now we have shitty scenes with shitty dialogue. Arya and the cliche "im going to kill the queen" everyone goes silent "hahahahahaha". Horrible. Then you've got the unsullied and for some reason the chick with curly black hair is interested in him? For what reason? Also what was that dialogue, holy shit. Then you've got Dany being bipolar. I AM TH EQUEENS BEND THEKNEEE! to Oh hey, yeah man you can mine all good bro. in no time. You've got people portalling all over westeros like it is nothing. No one has to travel anywhere anymore. We don't see anything interesting happening on the travels. Think about how long it took people to get anywhere in season 1-5. Now people just portal all around. It is shitty TV writing. They ran out of book and now they are fucked.

>The writing on GoT is really terrible, I don't know why I didn't notice it earlier

Because it was good earlier. The plot-lines and dialogue fell off a cliff as soon as D&D went off the books.

Also other characters like Sansa just being absolutely braindead. Sansa has always been an idiot, but then doing what Jon said NOT to do. She would know how important it is for family not to question the kind's motive in front of everyone, but she does it anyway. Then you have the rest of the cast, giving her praise left and right. Oh she is smarter than she looks! Why? What did she ever do? We saw her get caught up in a shitty siutation, cry a lot, then be saved by everyone else all the time. Congratulations. You did nothing but now apparently you're a rusemaster? Why? I don't get this writing.

>sex and the city for gen y
>shit

You

Don't

Say

Damn, Danarys looks like THAT?

>cringe as shit
ahh summer

why is emilia so lazy

she hasn't looked this good in years

An all around awful fit. Shoes are shit, jeans are shit, shirt is shit, earnings are shit, hair is shit

yes game of thrones is shit ,so is doctor who and most capeshit.

Stop the fucking presses!

she'd be good to play some kind of fucking freak in a Lynch film

I'd like to watch that fucking freak get fucking freaky.

Why does she need to look good?

I think the problem is they don't have source material to bounce from anymore. Its starting to lack scenes where characters interact as they should rather than just saying exactly is needed for the plot to move on.

It also could be blamed on the source material for making so many fucking tangeants and expecting to piece it all together within 2 books/3 seasons

The problem is not with the source material. Only the first season was well planned, the rest suffered severely from butchering and stupid decisions as the series went on. If anyone is to blame it's the amateurish producers who didn't see the issues in adapting the coming books.

This is bait.

Thank god you were here to tell us, after an hour and a half nobody else replied but you were here to save us from it.

You're welcome.

yeah I think dialogue is letting the writers down, but desu the majority of fans dont care.

>these retards saying GoT has good writing

I've never seen a show with worse writing, where scenes consistently fall apart because of how moronic the conversation is. Generally there will be a basic idea that the scene needs to convey, and then somehow they will find a dumb and awkward way of depicting it, and then they say "Great, cut!" I've watched Dexter season 8 and even that didn't get as bad as Game of Thrones. Everything GoT does is like a bad first attempt, in terms of the writing and acting. Boring castle interiors, conversations that are poorly written said between characters badly acted by a combination of respected journeyed actors who've stopped trying and embarrassingly untalented young blood who will nevertheless find their way into roles for the rest of their career as a nod of "Ohmygod, you were in GoT!" (Note this is how Karen Gillan has a Hollywood career, with the Doctor Who parallel) Maybe the common point here is that Americans seem to accept any level of shite if it is acted out by a British boy or girl. You guys know they aren't acting those accents right? That's just what twats sound like if they come from the South West, or the Midlands, or wherever. Piece of shit show.

come with me if u want to live

WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS

>that bit about the leather on armor
That shitty scene is stuck in my mind. What was the point of it?

Why are people posting stage performances as "proof" that she ""can't act""? Actors supposed to overact there so the audience can understand. It's very strange that you ignore the fact that she has been nominated for many awards for her film and television acting, like how she's been nominated for best actress several years straight

>make everyone else stupid to make one character seem brilliant for a day

to show our queen cares for the soldiers, however I just wish there was a scene in an earlier season with Ned doing something similar with Sansa to explain this character trait of hers

It was to show that Sansa is now suddenly a strong independent female military leader even though she spent the last 6 seasons crying in a castle

(((awards)))
it's literally just marketing to build their brand
or perhaps you believe Emma Stone is the best actress in the world from last year?

Emma Stone really is great

I started noticing how bad it was after season 5. The final arena scene was so strange, how did all those rebels sneak in bulky masks into the arena? Why would they stop chucking spears at Daneyrus if that was their goal?

Why did Harpies stand in nice little groups to be lit on fire? So fucking sloppily shot.

Then the next season reused the 'buddy journey' trope yet again and it finally dawned on me how bereft ideas they were. Dany also magically gained the support of all of the Dothraki way too easily.

Dumb as fuck.

I know dude she won an Academy Award, La La Land was genius

Take your tranny shit out of here.

I swear normies only watch GoT still so they can have conversation material. I can't count how many conversations in a group setting came to a screeching halt simply because my mom or some other pleb HAD to bring up the last episode to the one other GoT-fag in the group so they lock out 75% of the people (everyone who doesn't watch this garbage) of their half-hour long mini-conversation.

Yesterday it was the Navajo code talkers. But fuck that lets talk twenty minutes about the Grand Buzzard and how much of a sneaky scumbag he is or some shit, and John Sow doing something cool or something along those lines.

TL;DR: I don't watch this show and still hate everything about it.

>how much food do we have?
>'Enough for one year my lady'
>Don't winters last longer than one year?
>'Excellent point my lady, shit we better get on that immediately.'

WOW SMARTER THAN SHE'S BEEN LETTING ON AMIRITE? WHAT A NATURAL LEADER. JUST LIKE CAT. SUCH STATESMANSHIP.

That was my first thought as well...

I'm crying

she didn't. she was naked last season retard
do you even watch the show?

the point was to make Sansa seem clever. it was so ham fisted. she has never taken an interest or any note of anything like that in book or show canon. in fact I'm pretty sure she's seemed expressly uninterested in it, it's stupid boy stuff that Arya likes.

it made me feel so stupid. I'm supposed to believe that *she* before all the hardened northern armourers in winterfell came up with that idea? fucks sake

she could have led a sewing lesson like she was taking in S1 with Arya, for some of the younger girls, but doing something practical like making leather jerkins for the knights or something idk. Lord Royce could have commented to LF that a good Lady leads by example to keep morale up

just an idea

yeah the spiked horned masks hid under loose cloth robes was pants on head retarded. and they could have killed her way easier instead of killing random civilians.

but I thought the way she gained the Dothraki was good. no blades allowed in the sacred city *but* the rule still stands that if you kill a Khal you gain his Khalasar. she kills the khals legally so she got their soldiers, loot etc.

if i took those eyebrows off would she die?

The material is shit but there are still good actors in there. Lena, NCW, Qyburn, Euron, CIA.

I miss smirkfu

So adorable!

>how to draw donald duck step 1

literally highschool drama tier

She smelled your penis

There are good actresses but not any that Sup Forums likes. Sup Forums likes ones that can't act

Cute!

I just want to keep looking at those eyebrows!