98% on RT

>98% on RT

how?

hipsters

No idea, it's enjoyable but it's not a straight up horror flick like Evil Dead. It'd be like Texas Chainsaw 2 having higher scores than the original, just doesn't make sense.

Probably a bunch of reviews years after it came out after they had already been told by a bunch of people that it's a good movie

Except for the fact that Evil Dead 2 is better made than the first one, thanks to a bigger budget and more experience from everyone involved while TCM2 is dogshit probably due to the first one being mostly an accident.

i know right

should be 100 percent

i always felt this movie was overrated as hell. Like one of those cheesy direct to video/saturday night creature feature flicks that just became popular because people love Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell.

Agreed. ED2 is a better movie in every way. Evil Dead has its merits but can any of you honestly say you found it actually scary? Evil Dead 2 is just all around a better movie.

>tfw just finished rewatching Ash vs Evil Dead
You guys lied to me. The side kicks don't play that major of a role and they're not too annoying. Bruce Campbell still should have more scenes because he's great.

You weren't born before 1986. I can prove this.

ED1 was better imo but love this and love Raimi

>ED1

this guy gets it

because its a good movie, contrarian

Does that mean army of darkness is 100%?

It's unironically my favourite out of the 3.

First off, this review is based on the unrated director's cut. I had seen the theatrical cut years ago and to say I loathed the finished product is an understatement. With the added value of hindsight and a new, unfiltered version of the film, I can safely reassess the film and declare it to be the same drek as before. Of course, the 'Evil Dead' trilogy has metamorphosed and retconned from a gruesome splatter flick to a fish-out-of-water farce in this entry. I've never been a huge fan of anachronistic humor and scenes of Bruce Campbell bewitching the humbled medieval citizens with tales of his "boomstick" shotgun don't persuade me in favor of it any further. Quite honestly, Bruce Campbell's self-deprecating overacting is too overblown and one-dimensional for belief (he is abused by a variety of malevolent spirits and demon hordes). For the majority of the film, Ash is a chauvinistic jerk (Sheila slaps him and a moment later, he arrogantly asks her to "give me some sugar"). In most of Raimi's films, the aesthetics can be stirring, but the shaky-cam she-bitch confrontations are gusty eyesores. Comedy is subjective but the acrobatic Three Stooges slapstick with the Lilliputian Ash clones is tremendously unfunny and it should've been excised entirely. At one point, the Necronomicon book assaults Ash and it is the umpteenth variation on the Passion of Ash. This is a meretricious parody of what the 'Evil Dead' series has become and even the foul 2013 remake is superior.

Name one bad part in it.

All of it.

i kind of prefer evil dead 1

Because it has excellent direction, editing, a tight script and funny special effects?

How about T2. Two total fucking wankers dropped it from 99% to 93%, AND they only reviewed it recently.

Who cares what a bunch of literally who pencil pushing faggots think of T2? I don't understand why RT is even used seriously. I'd much rather watch something and develop my own opinion of it without some java sipping turtleneck fagboy with an armchair degree in film complaining that he has a stick up his ass.

It's a good movie

>TCM2 is dogshit

get off my board

Evil Dead 2 is good, it happens.

Sorry pal, but it is. It showed how much of a failure Hopper was, and how out of touch he was about what made the original work. It's pretty much like how the sequels exposed the real Lucas.

Who the hell does't like Evil Dead 2? What is wrong with you

Being like 10 years later or whatever and a sequel I would say its not bad all things considered. Look at any other horror series and the quality drops right away as well plus they are making the sequel like only a year or two later and aren't trying to do a completely different take on the genre/series like Hopper did.

That's a lot of excuses for a movie that's shit, even if you don't compare it to the original.
Being 10 years later than the original is no excuse to have Dennis Hopper wandering around and sawing some wood as the movie's climax.

literally what it was

a bomb shitty crappy movie "LE SO BAD ITS GOOD >

>Bruce Campbell's self-deprecating overacting is too overblown and one-dimensional for belief

You got it there. It's a smug 90 minute self-fellatio to "Look how good we can be even when we aren't trying", which was big during the 90s when being a burnout was a career option.

Post-GFC people who understand you actually need to try not to die a homeless loser don't reward this arrogance.

Why isn't Ash v Faggots made with the same lack of effort as ED2? Because nobody would watch ED2 today. We don't reward losers anymore.

>became popular because people love Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell.
And you know why they love Raimi and Campbell? Because of Evil Dead 2, you fucking retard.

Who gives a fuck about rotten tomatoes.

Anyway I like the movie, it's not perfect but it has some great moments. If you don't like it OP that's fine. But seriously who gives a fuck about rotten tomatoes

>Evil Dead 2 released 1987
>Oldest RT review is from 2003
I'd be more interested in contemporary reviews, I'm sure it would be lower

When contrarianism goes too far: the thread.

The acting is shit, the comedy is for children, the horror isn't scary, the story is the same story you saw in ED1.

But I'm sure you and reddit have reasons why it's good that can be summized as "LOL ASH LMFAO and RAIMI IS GOD".

Just admit that you didn't get it and we'll all be fine with that. Your pretense that you are somehow above it is laughable, no one is convinced.

>you just dont get it bro
>bad on purpose is good lmao

Nah I think you need to try and justify why bad acting and bad comedy and a lack of horror makes for a good horror/comedy.

>TCM 2
>Shit

Seriously, kill yourself, pleb faggot

Your post further confirms that you didn't get it, that's fine, go watch Batman vs Sueprman. That's the movie they made for you.

>evil dead 1

>when you try to win an argument by gaslighting cause youre a beta

Y-YOU JJUST DONT GET IT

I'm not trying to argue with you friend. it's okay not to get a movie. There are some movies that I don't get. No worries.

>likes TCM2
>calls someone else a pleb
wew lad.

>1987
>reddit

Jesus, Sup Forums is literally the worst board on Sup Forums because fags like you cant discuss or try and put an opinion across without retorting to "MUG REDDIT/pol/SJW BOOGYMAN"

Fucking kys

The acting is good, the comedy works and there are some good scary moments, as well as well crafter action sequences and special fx.
It is the same story, but with a different tone and done with a decent budget and more experience in filmmaking by all those involved, which shows in the final product.

ED1 made me feel sick with all the slime shit. 2 was a ride anyone can appreciate.

>trusting rotten tomatoes ever

>The acting is good

stopped there

>ED1

Nice comeback! You certainly showed me you have superior taste in cinema! I hope I can be like you some day!

Bruce Campell is a fine actor, he's probably the most famous straight to video actor if you don't count Steven Segal

Because you don't know how RT ratings work.

This doesn't mean it's a 98% movie. It just means 98% of people gave it 60% or more.

Fucking idiot.

Would probably give it 80% which is 10% more than the first and 30% more than the third. Groovy movie. Also third original ending was better.

because 98% of people liked it and gave it 60%+

imdb gives it a RATING of 7.8
given the time it came out, the budget, the novelty of it and how it later influenced other movies, etc. it's a correct score.

Never trust it for the MCU at least.