ITT comics you want to see adapted into live action

ITT comics you want to see adapted into live action

hard mode: no capeshit
ultra hard mode: no sci-fi, fantasy or horror

None. When I enjoy a comic, I enjoy it for being a fucking comic. I'm tired of live action butcheries of things I enjoy.

I just want you to go back to Sup Forums.

is this series worth getting into?

does Torso count as horror?

Yes.

Is that page meant to make the point?

/thread

I'm glad they included accurate representations of what happens when you try to organize Iraqis/Afghanis into a fighting force.

You mean all arabs

You mean all militias

You mean all fighting forces

Scalped

Fuck you man, I just speed read the whole thing and now I have to wait a week for issue 10.

Wrong.

Revenger. Partially because there's a movie called Revenger being made that isn't an adaptation and that sucks.

Are militias ever any good for anything but atrocities, generally at the behest of a government?

based two-hit combo right off the bat

They're sometimes useful for preventing or reducing an atrocity on the population that the militia is drawn from.

This

fuck live action.

I like comics that feel like comics, to many fucking attempts at hopeful tv landing pitches disguised as comics nowadays, most of fucking modern image for example.

Weeelll... they can be used to free up better quality infantry from rear echelon duty. Not very likely in ethnically focused conflicts though.

You fucked it up your meant to say all organised groups.

Fuck live-action adaptations of comics

Studio execs have apparently hypothesised the idea that if a comic is successful, its a good guess that it will make a good adaptation.
Now, because of this mentality, we have got people like Mark Millar, who basically only writes comics to be adapted, and is probably the most successful comics writer in the business

Execs treat comics as their personal experiment grounds to find new ideas to adapt. This is one aspect where I completely agree with Moore, comics industry is a horrible place because money is the prime concern.

Surprisingly, there are people who will do this shit at basic.

HBO series starring Thomas Jane, when?

Why tf does it say 'Baghdad'? Triggered.

These

What an elegant, thoughtful response, user. Surely this is the high point of your day, yes?

No fantasy, OP said

op is a bitch

What an elegant, thoughtful response, user. Surely this is the high point of your day, yes?

Not him, but what an elegant, thoughtful response, user. Surely this is the high point of your day, yes?

OP is a faggot. Fuck off back to Sup Forums and stop encouraging the cancer killing comics

Anything Brubaker, really.

Was that the one with the dog face man?

no no no no

telltale did a video game adaption, it sucked.

King talked about a "secret Hollywood meeting" on Twitter, maybe it was related to this.

I could see a really cool Crossed series on HBO or something.

WGN America is apparently working on it.

This should have been a tv show to begin with. It's way too bland to be a comic.

Is there an entertainment industry where money isn't the primary concern?

pleb detected

This

It makes Y: The Last Man look exciting.

Do they ever go hard on these militias like they do to people going into basic in the US? Or are they trying to be friends instead?

It sort of feels like they're putting on kid gloves in comparison.

Y is not as good as Sheriff but it's not bad until the last third or so. You're just solidifying your poor taste.

THE WAKE

I trained Iraqi Army in '06 and '08. We made videos like this. We started off going hard on them, but they would literally desert overnight or join the other team when we did that. So we put on kiddy gloves.

hey Alan!

Fuck off, Mark.

Watch TV if you want TV, faggot.

I didn't say it was bad, it's just boring and doesn't live up to its premise at all. And like Sheriff of Baghdad it's written like a TV show instead of a comic.

It's Sheriff of Babylon, plebeian.

Good job, you addressed a typo instead of my point. Really making a strong argument for yourself there.

It's not a typo nimbnits. Babylon would've been a typo, you completely got the name wrong which leads me to believe you didn't even read it. And your point is rubbish, King writes for the medium of comics, and it's pretty obvious.

He's been talking just this week on working on a secret script.

Yes, human error means I didn't read the comic.

King was a novelist before getting into comics. He avoids a lot of the problems novelists have when they try to write comics but he still doesn't use the medium's strengths. This comic could have easily be done as either a book or a TV show and it would lose nothing in the transition. The art is a complete afterthought, it doesn't even have to be there.

This, so much. I understand superheroes because they've been multimedia for a long time. As a matter of fact, I bet most of us actually knew them first as movies or tv shows than comics. But even in those cases, when they do a movie I just wanna see a movie, not an adaptation of a comic book that already exist. That's why DC animated films are so shit lately, the good ones were the ones with original ideas, or like Mask of the Phantasm, where they got the basic idea from a comic but changed everything else. I hope after TKJ fiasco they quit doing this shit.

>he still doesn't use the medium's strengths

now THIS is shitposting

It's obvious you don't have an actual argument for me so I'm just going to go ahead and leave the thread now. Maybe when you've read more comics you'll get what I'm talking about, maybe not.

King's one of the best new writers when it comes to paneling well and using the space in a single issue fulfillingly. To suggest he doesn't use the medium properly is just a joke. I don't know how anyone could actually say that and not be trolling.

It was originally called Baghdad and OP's post has an early publicity image as his pic. It's a legitimate mistake.
Not that guy but honestly I read this comic and I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. The paneling was your typical widescreen comic for the most part, with all the copy/pasted art and wasted space that comes with that style.