Simpsons jokes you don't understand

Simpsons jokes you don't understand

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xd8AVbwB_6E
youtu.be/6yJx5lPO9y4
youtube.com/watch?v=giq4KgtPQv8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There's Jimmy Page, one of the greatest thieves of American Black music who ever walked the earth

Sneed

Do a google image search for Robert Mapplethorpe

Led Zeppelin ripped off more white bands than black.

sneed

I literally only know that game from a 20 second gag in an AVGN episode.

Jimmy page and Led Zeppelin got popular (because of white privilge) off re-inventing black music they were inspired by. They always paid homage to the artists as seen in interviews but of course white people would get more popular because it's more marketable. Plus they were pretty radically different from a lot of black artists at the time.

LOL

What is so mysterious about walking in a straight line?

SNEED

FUCK

CHUCK

SUCK

Robert Mapplethorpe was a very famous, beloved photographer, who shot the album cover for Patti Smith's Horses, and he was murdered outside one of his art exhibitions.

sneed lol

Zombie simpsons is so shit.

>They always paid homage to the artists as seen in interviews

no they didn't

the guy they stole stairway from died poor

anyone remember that episode Burns hired a bunch of professional baseball players? Smithers went to someone's house and he instantly invited him in. Im not sure if the joke is about that baseball player being secretly gay

I think the joke is that Mattingly (the guy whose house Smithers is at) was a gruff looking dude with a mullet and handlebar mustache which is why it's funny that he is all super polite and feminine at home. Not really implied if he's gay or not.

>it's alright, it's alright, it's alllllright

Just in case you really don't know and you're not being dumb: Mysterious Ways is a U2 song.

>hey marge, this guy looks like a poo
I never got that

>esteemed Hans

who is he?

How did they get away with this??
youtube.com/watch?v=xd8AVbwB_6E

"At Warner Music Group, supporting our artists and protecting their creative freedom is paramount," the band's record label added in a statement.
(((I see)))

U2 is a CIA aircraft.

Chuck's feed and seed

All the words rhyme, right?

What if the words rhymed with Chuck?

I dont understand.

This looks like fairly recent simpsons so regardless it's not funny

Then you'd have sonething that makes no sense as a store name

I know what it's trying to say.

But there's really no logical reason to assume that just because someone buys and re-purposes a store that they would keep the first letters of the last 2 words of the stores name the same and change everything else, and also imitate the exact same idea of making the first word of the stores name their name, and make the last 2 words rhyme with that.

Exactly, the joke is already there. Its called sneeds feed and seed now but it used to be called Chucks. Its funny because they first give you a long detailed name and then flip it on its head by saying that the previous name was simple.

I dont get it

Imagine if someone named bob makes a store, they have to call it Bobs Bobbles and Bobbers.

But then someone named Frank buys the store, then they'd have to call it Franks Frankles and Frankers.

That makes no sense.

chucks suck and fuck?

LOL I DONT GET IT

Surely the store name depends what they stock. If sneed sold beer and wine it would be sneeds beer and wine. So formerly it must have been chucks feed and seed.

I didn't get this Simpsons joke

He also took lots of self-portraits sticking stuff up his butt, like a bullwhip.

What is Homer going to do there?

Buy it out and rename it Homers Fomers and Somers

VHS VILLAGE
FORMERLY CHUCK'S

why are they scared of the Philadelphia Flyers?
i'm not american so i don't know anything about hockey.

JImmy Page was in a band called Sned Zepplin

explaining a joke within the joke has to be the most autistic thing ever. i'm glad the administration is doing a mass beheading of simpsons writers tp appease ghadafi's ghost.

>The 1976 Flyers' appearance on the Jury of the Damned is a reference to the Flyers in the mid-1970s being notorious for their physical style of play.

>I'm the first non-brazillian person to travel through Sneed's

I think it would make more sense if I could understand what Chuck's means.

>I've had it up to here with these rickets.

if Chuck were still around he'd know what to do...

In that era the Flyers' game plan was basically to just beat the shit out of the other team

youtu.be/6yJx5lPO9y4

You're kidding right?

rockets comes from a deficiency in vitamin D (I think) that you get from sunlight. Causes weaken bones.

Huh. That's kind of disappointing.

I like how inaccessible this is becoming, keep up the good work

What did you want out of it?

idk. Every other time I didn't get a Simpsons joke as a kid it usually turned out to be something really clever or at least chuckle-worthy.

The thing is, it's a cartoon. It doesn't have to be logical, just has to be funny. What's funnier, a fuck and suck shop or a place called Chuck's.

Unfortunately this is one of those that was never meant to be particularly smart and witty, just a little joke that happens to rely on a bit of knowledge you never learned.

where did the magic go /bros/?

If only Chuck was still here...

can someone explain this one to me?

sneed hands

Broad street bullies.

He died to faggot plague in 80's.

>They got popular because of white privilege
No sweetie, they got popular because they took poorly executed songs with good concepts and made them listenable. Maybe next time honey :^)

>They always paid homage to the artists

>Comfy Simpsons Sneed thread
>tfw people only want to discuss cultural appropriation and other gay shit

>that bart

And when Bart inherits it will be Bart's Fart and Shart

It's not trying to be logical, it's suppose to be clever. The formerly Chuck's part stand's out and signals to the viewer there's a hidden message

That would be such a homer thing to do, just keep the naming pattern without realising that it needs to make sense.

If Flanders bought Sneed's Feed and Seed, what would it be called?

Ned's Fed and Sed

bort

Rickets causes bowleggedness

WE ARE OUT OF SNEED LICENSE PLATES IN THE GIFT SHOP

sneed needs seed

notice bart simpsons eyeline. notice that he is actually looking at emma shannon's name, rather than his own, despite the fact that a moment later he says "best ten bucks i ever spent"
why is he so obsessed with this emma? he spent ten entire dollars to get his name to appear near hers? (note in the 'bart sells his soul' episode that five dollars is revealed to be a relatively large sum for the children)
why would bart spend such a large amount, yet the rest of the episode mentions nothing of this girl? nor does the rest of the series, and indeed, show itself?

She was probably the daughter of Sneed

Brazil (the movie)

Is Sneed the guy sitting on the left or the right? Who's the other guy?

REDDIT

smithers wasn't gay at the time yet, so no.

Chuck

Chuck truck and luck

sneed is the guy leaning back on his chair.

youtube.com/watch?v=giq4KgtPQv8

I don't get it

Homer tries to get Marge blacked throughout the whole episode. In the end, she gets spit-roasted by Sneed and Chuck

>Individually we are weak, like a single twig, but as a bundle we form a mighty faggot

i'm not even sure it's legal to put Fuck and Suck on your store's billboard, let alone name your store after that.

Maybe in the 70's

its sad that i think this could be true